Clean Eating June 2nd

iris123

Cathlete
Good Morning, Everyone!

Day 5 for me! Day 6 for some of you!!:)

B- I had nl pb, and banana slices on ricecakes
s- plain yogurt and berries
l- mixed greens with leftover salmon, red peppers, red onion, avocado, bit of parmesan cheese
s- edamame, some kind of fruit
d-grilled chicken breast, mashed potatoes, green beans
s-not sure

Have a great clean day!

iris123

Happy Saturday Clean Eaters!!!

Just a quick check in to say hello and keep up the good work everyone! I'll check in later tonight!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl:)

Busy day for me! So far...

Pre-run ~ Banana (then ran 4 miles)

Post-run ~ Yogurt w/ strawberries, protein pancake w/ NM PB

Having company all day today but I made a huge fruit salad, veggies w/ dip & we'll grill out some yummy food! :)

P.S. Happy belated bday, Iris!

Late start for me today. I am not sure of my eating plan for the day since I don't have to pack my cooler (yay). Breakfast was a protein shake with flaxseed, bee pollen, and banana (I forgot to add my wheat germ!).

I am gearing up to work out as soon as I finish this post. I am planning on doing cardio first (Step) then a full body weight workout (Muscle Max or MIS).

I will check in again later!

Lorie

Is this us girls? I missed Shelleys AM wakeup post!:)

Ok, today's menu.

B-4 egg white omlettes-spinach, veggies and lowfat cheese, 1 FF torilla

S-tuna with broccoli sprouts, ff tortilla

L-ground turkey breast over greens a sprinkle of parm and lowfat dressing

S-fruit

D-not sure yet

Rest day from working out, I am pooped!:)

Happy Saturday:7

Hello there clean eaters!

Last night I caved again and ended up having 4 of those Hershey's cacao chocolate truffles that come in a tin box. x(

So with that out of the way; today I got up had my usual:

- 2 cups of coffee with a splash of lite soy milk w/ a small banana & 1tsp of peanut butter then worked out

post workout was:

- 1/2c of oatmeal made with water.

As far as the rest of the day

snack: apple

lunch: tuna on a bed of greens

snack: banana or tomatoes (I tend to eat them as an apple)

dinner: grilled chicken breasts with couscous

late night snack: 1 cup lite soy milk with hummus and carrots

Hi everyone,

I decided to get pretty strict for a couple of weeks, with the itrain express food regimen.

B: 2 eggs, mushrooms, a slice of low fat cheese. (yummy)
S: 6 almonds, cucumber slices
L: chicken breasts, spinach, chickpeas, lite salad dressing >2g sugar
S: mozzerella stick, tomato
D: turkey burger wrapped in lettuce and other other veggies that looks good at the time.

I hope this is clean.

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/180.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Hello, Everyone!
I'm hoping to do better today than I did yesterday. Hope we can keep this check-in going for a while!
Today's food:
B--DH made waffles for me with a new waffle maker--he used buckwheat mix, but I know they weren't clean (but they were good!) I also had a small bowl of my usual oatmeal
L--a few raw veggies, some low-fat, low-sugar vanilla yogurt with berries, and a spoon of low-fat peanut butter
D--is going to be shrimp on the grill with veggies and salad
Workout was Boot Camp minus core--will try to fit core in later
Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Valerie

I heard the siren call of the chocolate in my cupboard last night. I had 2 nestle treasures after dinner. I actually feel pretty darn good that I stopped at two. So far today I've stuck to my moderately clean diet. Same b-fast and lunch as always. My weekend crew usually brings in all kinds of goodies when we work, but someone also brought in lots of fruit today, so I could snack on cherries and blueberries instead of donuts and PB sticky buns. I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight. I was going to roast a porkloin, but it's too darn hot. I'll have to stop at the grocery store after work and see what looks quick, easy, and cool. I plan on doing Step Blast when I get home.

Thanks, Jess, for the belated wishes. :)
Love the avatar of you and the girls...too cute...especially the little purses.

iris123

Valerie,
Thanks for starting this check-in up again!

For everyone,
I'm thinking about how helpful the check-in has been for me and about continuing some sort of check-in past one week.
However, I am eating much more "clean" this week than I would be able to manage in a continuing check-in!!! I have found ALL the posts here very useful and inspirational and would love ANY company in trying to continue with clean-inspired eating. I would just worry a bit about dragging others down to my level. Thoughts?

iris123

I have to second iris123's sentiment. This check-in has been the jolt I've needed. I've gathered so many great ideas from everyone's menus...although how some of you can eat so little is unfathomable to me :eek: :7! I only wish I could do that x( .

Once again I had to be to work very early on account of the very hot weather and wasn't able to workout this morning...I want to whine "I miss my workouts" but that wouldn't help ;( . Since I got done a little earlier than expected I was going to do something tonight but the body is just not up to it with all of the riding and farm work I've done these past bunch of days. Thank goodness I've been eating well...

B - Spanish egg white omelette, oatmeal with banana
S - Cottage cheese and grapes
L - Salad with tuna, an apple, and a slice of sprouted flaxseed bread with PB
S - Missed
D - Broiled tilapia with homemade mango, cantaloupe and black bean salsa, roasted cauliflower, steamed green beans and summer squash

I think I may even sneak a single No Pudge brownie in there tonight for dessert }( ...YUMMY!

Keep up the great work everyone...you are all an inspiration!

Wendi

DF and I already agreed to eat SUPER clean for two weeks. I just wasn't sure that one week would do it for me. I will definitely join you for week two! Also, because of the holiday, my "week" started on Tuesday, so it won't be one week for me until this Tuesday.

Lorie

Okay, so my eating went pretty well except I didn't get any veggies in today. After my workout, I had to hurry up and shower because we were going to an art festivel. So...in addition to my protein shake for breakfast, I also had one (with blueberries this time) for lunch. I was surprised it wasn't very difficult to walk by all those great festival foods (even when people with me got some). We got back later than I expected and I missed my afternoon snack which would probably have been red peppers and hummus or spianch and tomatoes.

So, my day looked like this:

Workout-Step Fit and MIS

B-protein shake w/ bee pollen, flaxseed, banana, and wheat germ
S/L-protein shake w/ bee pollen, flaxseed, wheat germ, and blueberries
D-turkey meatballs and quinoa
S-just ate dinner, so not sure what I'll want. Last night it was unsalted walnuts and raisins

Happy clean eating to all!

Lorie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.