Clean eaters Sat June 9

buffettgirl

Cathlete
I remember BelovedHeather once saying she was going to post on all the checkins to keep her fingers busy and not eat. I'm going to borrow her philosphy this morning. Seems like I'm the first one here, so I'm starting all the checkins I check in to.

It's a lovely morning in North Central PA and I have lots of outside work planned. Planting flowers, tomato plants, mulching, and strawberry picking. Somewhere in there I hope to insert Step Blast.

B-fast and lunch will be clean, but probably not dinner. Strawberry shortcake is on the menu here. I haven't had any yet this year and it is one of my favorites.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday. I'm off to check in elsewhere.

Morning, Robin! Your check-in intervention is so funny!!!

I slept in and am just starting to get up. I promised myself I would take Saturday and Sunday off from working out. I am really going to try and do that. :p

I don't knwo what my meal plan is for the day (it's harder to plan on a weekend), so I'll post later.

Have a GREAT Saturday to all!

Lorie

Good Morning,
I slept in this morning too. I blew it BIG time last night! I'm a little disappointed in myself, but today is a new day. I know I am going to do better today. I have to figure out my menus for the weekend and I'll post later. I start week 10 of P90X today!

Lorie, Enjoy your days off!

Robin, YUMMY, strawberry shortcake sounds delicious!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Morning, Clean Eaters!
Hope you are all having a good Saturday and are able to continue your clean eating over the weekend. I know I'll be faced with a temptation later today--we're taking the kids to see Shrek 3 and I love movie popcorn! Haven't been to a movie in a while, and I usually eat the popcorn (a lot of it)! But today I'm not going to
eat even one piece, cause once I start eating it, I won't stop! I'm going to chew gum instead--think that'll work?! Anyway, I'm about to work out--I'm either doing Low Max or Body Max (cardio). I'll come back later to report on my eating!
Take care,
Valerie

good morning clean eaters!!! i have a baby shower to go to today, so i'm not sure how clean my choices will be.

i am feeling good today after a rough week with dh being away. he returns tonight, though :) i went to bed at 10 last night and woke up for the first time this week feeling good and refreshed. had some kashi waffles at about 7, did a 70 minute workout and i'm now enjoying a protein shake that is so good it feels like i'm cheating.

have a great day everyone!

Hello, everyone!

Ok, I had 2 glasses of wine last night, but did well otherwise. The neighbors have a new little girl who is 2 weeks old today (and a 14 month old too :eek: ). They told us to come by anytime, so I offered to bring dinner over on a night that would work out for them. She called yesterday, so last night was the night that I got to hold that precious little one! I kept my basic planned menu of garlic shrimp, ww pasta and green beans. Since I don't know them well yet, I wanted to serve more of a variety and a few non-clean items too. I made some chicken parmesan, a mixed green salad and non-ww spaghetti noodles too. Oh, and I warmed up a loaf of french bread and brought a bottle of wine. Dessert was a grapes, pineapple and kiwi mixed together. I kept my intake clean, except the wine :9 and didn't bother worrying about portions too much. I was happy to see my neighbor (her) eat the ww pasta instead of the non-ww spaghetti noodles :) .

Today I had
B -oatmeal and a peach
Today I will have
L -big salad with some leftoever garlic shrimp
s -edamame, hummus on a brown rice cake
D -going out with DH, so, yes, wine will be an issue again

Robin - Your day sounds lovely! I love working in the yard. Hope you find time for Stepblast

Lorie - I have a feeling you really need the weekend off and hope that you do. Thanks for posting all those menus yesterday! I know that I will try at least a couple of them.

Shirl - How was your trail-making day? I'm sure you burned some extra calories there!

Valerie - Popcorn! oh, my! That's a hard one. I did the eat clean challenge that started on Mother's Day and really missed the microwave popcorn almost as much as wine! Enjoy Shrek 3!

Cody - Good luck and the baby shower!

Happy clean eating to all!
Patty

Patty

Happy Saturday everyone!

Patty, nice job with your neighbors dinner. :) I'm sure they were thrilled!

Cody, I also did a long WO this AM. MIS and a stretch segment. I'm enjoying my oatmeal w/strawberries right now. Lunch will probably be a salad of some sort. Did anyone see my question yesterday about salad dressing? I'm looking for an alternative to the lite raspberry vinagrette dressing that I use. It has HFCS and I know that isn't good. Also, I was wondering what people do in the winter months when all this frest produce is not available?
I don't know about dinner. I don't plan too much on the weekend.

Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Hello everyone!
I made it through Saturday not terribly, but not as good as the week for sure!
B-usual
lunch, ezekial bread, yogurt, pb and like 400 unsweetened carob covered raisins!! that's my badness!
snack, protein bar
dinner: ezekial english muffin, pb, banana, yogurt and a mango, but i want to eat more!! stop me!
Saturday i try to by a little more liberal, i guess when i type it out, its not terrible! its those damn raisins, why do i buy them :)
Looks like everyone else is doing really really well!!
DH and i had counselling today, so i guess i could have done worse!
workout, criss cross cardio (CIA), upper body and abs, so about 2 ish hours.
Continue the great work! Popcorn! now i want popcorn :)
Steph

Hi, Phyllis,

I haven't used dressing during the eat clean check-in. I find that if I put some avocado and a little parmesan cheese (I know,cheese is not clean, but I can't give it up)in my salad that I don't want any dressing. Since I'm too lazy to make my own dressing, I think this is cleaner than what I've been able to find in the grocery. I often buy different "Newman's Own" dressings, but I left the bottle at the neighbors last night so can't check the ingredients. There is a bottle of "Paula's Herb Garden Dressing" in my refrigerator. It is the garlic parsley & pepper flavored. The ingredients are: canola oil, water, vinegar, fresh parsley, fresh garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, xanthan gum. The ingredients for the Dijon mustard are not listed. So, it's not really clean, but at least no HFCS. Anyway, it tastes OK, but I prefer the avocado and parm.

Some people use lemon juice. If no one else in the check-in has better ideas for you, maybe ask "what dressing do you use" on the open forum?

In winter, I use more frozen berries and veggies, and citus fruit. HTH
Patty

At Tneah's prompting this is my 1st time posting here. I've never been a "regular" post-er on any forum. It seems like you girls all know each other and I've never been sure I'll "fit in".

I need an extra motivation to keep my eating in check. I generally do pretty good, but when I blow it, I BLOW it. I ate pretty healthy today until it came time for bday cake for my FIL. My MIL knows I try to eat healthy and I swear she made this really awesome frosting that she knows I can't resist just to tempt me. Well, it worked and I ate a piece with ice cream too. And a few bites of my girls' pieces. What makes me so angry is that I told myself that I wasn't going to eat any. I had myself all psyched up all day to avoid eating it and I had some anyway. I hate letting myself down like that.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Hopefully tomorrow I can post that I had a super healthy day! Gotta go - time for Boot Camp!

In Tosca's book she says that mustard is fine. Maybe mixing mustard with honey? Kind of like a honey mustard dressing. I know she recommends bee pollen and I found an organic honey that is really good.

I use balsalmic on my salads, but I love balsalmic vinegar and did this before I started eating clean.

I hadn't thought about the fruit thing in the winter. I guess I would but more frozen fruit. Trader Joe's looked like it had a good selection.

I think that I am not going to make myself crazy (like I have been so far...okay, maybe not certifiable, but a little nutty!) but really try to take the clean eating principles to heart. Especially the eating more regularly and sugar parts. With that said, I still want to be able to enjoy the things I enjoy. If I really want something (especially when the PMS monster rears it's ugly head), I want to be able to have it and not feel guilty about it after. Yes, guilt is a choice. I realize that as well. x(

I needed something to "kick start" a healthier way of eating for me and I am so glad I found this challenge and actually committed to doing it (after just reading about eating clean on the forums). I hope we keep it up because it has really, really helped me to be more mindful of what I eat. I also enjoy the "we're in this thing together" feeling! It is not super easy to do, but not as difficult as I thought it would be.

Anyway, I am still trying to be super strict until Tuesday (my two weeks will officially be up then), but I am meeting a friend and his kids for lunch tomorrow. We haven't decided where we're going, so I don't know what kind of options there will be. Of course, I will try to make the cleanest choice I can, but it is so much easier with my little cooler and meal plan! ;( After Tuesday, I am planning on going on more of a moderation plan. I just don't want to feel deprived!!!

Okay, enough rambling for me. I am in a pensive mood tonight. A lot of self-reflection going on. Not fun, but necessary.

Have a great night to everyone!

Lorie

Kate and Michele,

WELCOME!!! No worries about "fitting in." I feel like we are a pretty friendly group. :D Come on in! :D

Everyone here is really supportive and helpful. It has really helped me a lot to have this check-in and such a great group of people to check in with! :7

What we did last week was post the answers to the following:

Name:
Children:
SO/DH/DF:
Why are you doing this challenge? What are your goals (i.e. lose weight, better eating habits, break the sugar addiction...)? Favorite Cathe workout:

I compiled them in a Word document and posted them last week and will post again tomorrow or Monday with everyone's info. I think it helps us all to get to know each other and know something about each other.

Welcome to our check-in. In honor of Robin, I think the name of our check-in should be "Clean or Tidy and then the date." You can tell me to suck it, but I like it!

Lorie :+

Hello everyone...

Did good up until dinner, grrrrr. Seems to be the same old story, except this time after scurrying around all day with errands and gettin our house ready to show for a buyer, my ds, dd, 2 dogs and I left to let the buyers view in peace for the hour they were supposed to be here, then after a no-show they asked to see if they could come at 4:30-5:30 instead of the 3-4 time slot they were originally scheduled for. So off we went again, stalling for another hour. Needless to say my tummy was really rumbly and I couldn't resist taking the kids out to our favorite local diner. I ate a spicy chicken sandwich with some fries, gave the rest of the fries to my ds, but not until I got a couple of his mozzerella sticks. <Hangs head in shame>

How much exercise should I do to make up for this??? At least a lower body workout and some low impact I'd say.

Maybe just LIC for tonight

Carrie

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/180.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Thank you for the warm welcome! I just finished Boot Camp and I am motivated to not eat any of my husband's ice cream tonight!

I am really computer challenged regarding the whole Word document thing so is it okay if I answer the name/age thing here?

Name: Kate
Occupation: Stay-at-home mom & my husband and I run his father's plumbing contracting business. Very stressful. Lots of long hours/late nights.
Children: 2 girls (ages 3&5)
Husband , happily married for almost 8 years!
Why this challenge: No one I know is interested in eating healthy and it's very hard to keep motivated when everyone else around you is eating bad. I really appreciate reading everyone's comments.
Goals: Lose the 10 lbs I regained. At the end of my 1st pregnancy I weighed 203. I never really lost the fat weight. When I got preg for #2 I said that is not happening again. I started doing cardio every day and had a super healthy pregnancy. After she was born I added weights and have been hooked ever since. I got down to 123, which was probably too skinny for me. I now weigh 140 (last I checked!) I would love to lose 10 lbs and firm up. I'm sure you girls can help encourage me!
favorite Cathe workout: Imax 2

thanks again for the positive feed back! See you tomorrow!

Boy, I never thought I would say that, but I didn't eat enough today. I had my usual oatmeal with flax seed, wheat germ, bee pollen, fruit and yogurt this morning.

I packed some fruit, veggies and cottage cheese when I went to work, but I got so tied up that I just didn't get to eating. It's 8 pm now and I haven't eaten since breakfast, other than a banana on the way home.

Lorie, balsamic vinegar dressing is my absolute favorite. I make mine with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a little bit of honey or maple syrup - YUMMMY. Every once in a while I will make a honey mustard dressing or a orange vinegar dressing with walnut oil, orange muscat vinegar, garlic and a little bit of brown sugar, honey or maple syrup.

My kids and my DH LOVE the balsamic dressing, I am sure even with the honey it is much healthier than blue cheese or any other creamy dressing. I just make a big container full of the dressing, buy the salad and my kids just make their own salads now :) I also eat it with a few slices of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and a slice of WW or hemp bread. Mozarella Caprese with that dressing is my all-time favorite.

You need to stop being so hard on yourself, Lorie! You are doing great!!!

Welcome to the clean eaters, Kate. You'll find that this is a pretty cool bunch of women. I love coming here, we help each other and I learn quite bit from everyone.

Wow, I am really impressed, everyone is doing awesome! You go girls!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Carola

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.