Clean Eaters Roll Call 5 June

lederr

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies! Here's our wonderful group:

Name: Wendi
Children: None
SO/DH/DF: BF, Tom, of 2 years
I'm doing this challenge to break my sugar addiction and help me through the summer months when my work doesn't allow for consistent workouts and to lose my pesky back fat by the middle of summer.
Favorite Cathe workout: Ooh, toughie! My go-to DVD has to be IMAX 2.

Robin
51 yrs
North central PA
Microbiologist
Special needs son - 23
Daughter - 19
Special needs grandson - 7 months
Married to DH 30 years
Goals, reasons - I have no problem with the working out aspect of a healthy life style, but the eating healthy is a hugh problem for me. I hope to tighten up some of the jiggle and evaporate some of the flab before my yearly vacation to the beach in July and the road trip in August.
My favorite Cathe workout varies from day to day, but probably Rhythmic Step or Step Blast

Name: Gayle
Children: Jacob, 9 and Zachary 6
SO/DH/DF: Fiance Mike (no wedding date in sight, lol)
I'm doing this challenge to keep me accountable and get back to my goal weight (about 12 pounds to go). Seems I like a challenge and as soon as I GET to goal, I can't STAY at goal. I'm taking this one day at a time.
Favorite Cathe workout: Ooh, I agree...a toughie. Currently, Drill Max and the Pyramids. But it changes all the time! lol

Name: Shelley
Occupation: Senior Administrator for a Propery Developer (we build mostly luxury high-rise condominiums)
Children: One daughter, age 9
SO/DH/DF: Chris is my SO of 6 years
Reason/Goal: I guess I'd like to have more control over what goes into my mouth. It's pretty sad when some days, the first thing I do after getting out of bed is grab a cookie. I have a really poor family health history and I'd like to keep myself as healthy as possible to try to stave some of that off. I also have that layer of flab that I'd like to see diminished and as one gets older, it's more difficult to do that with just exercise.
Favorite Cathe workout: I don't really have a fave. It used to be Bootcamp, but these days it changes with my mood. For strength, I love the Pyramids and the Gym Styles.

Name: Tneah
Kids: Our 156 pound Newfoundland,George!
DH:My sweetie and I have been married 4 years, together 7.
Favorite Cathe workout: Oh dear, there are so many. Probably the Pyramids, time just flies by! But each time I get through the original Imax (modifications noted) I feel so accomplished.
Goals: To tame the monster that is my sweet tooth, clean up my diet, limit the wine,limit the amount of junk food we keep in the house.
Maybe even lose a little belly blubber!

Name: Cody
Children: 2 - mark is 7 and sophia is 5
SO/DH/DF: dh - mark. 10 years this august
i'm trying to clean up my diet to help with leaning myself out and just to feel better in general. my moods and my body definitely respond sensitively to what i eat and drink. clean eating keeps me feeling good mentally and physically
Favorite Cathe workout: i'm not sure i can pick one. depends on my mood, but i am currently really enjoying body max 2.

Name: Lorie
Children: five rescue dogs
SO/DH/DF: Rob
Why are you doing this challenge? What are your goals (i.e. lose weight, better eating habits, break the sugar addiction...)? I need to get better eating habits and into the habit of eating regular meals. I am also addicted to sugar and needed to show myself I could cut it out (at least temporarily).
Favorite Cathe workout: Body Max 2 or Drill Max (right now...they always change)

Name: Jess
Children: 3 girls ~ ages 8, 6, & almost 4
SO/DH/DF: Married to my wonderful dh, Greg, for 10 1/2 yrs
Why are you doing this challenge? What are your goals?
To stay accountable. I'm doing my first round of P90X and want to see as much definition as I can from hard work & eating right!

Name: Patty (iris is a favorite flower)
Children: 3 of 'em 17, 16, 12
SO/DH/DF: DH for 22 years
Why are you doing this challenge?: It's a great reality check. I am working on losing weight. Thinking "eat clean" helps me learn so much about about why I eat and overeat certain foods.
Favorite Cathe Workouts: I'm kind of a beginner here. Currently, it's the LIC premixes. I just can't make it though an entire advanced Cathe yet.

Name: Shirl
Occupation: SAHM & I work part-time at a corporate wellness center as a trainer.
Children: 3 - DS 11y/o, DS 9y/o & DD 6y/o
SO/DH/DF: Bill - married 15 years this August!
I'm doing this challenge to keep me on track! I need some accountability and this seems to be working for me. I would like to lose that extra layer of fat I have been carrying around since the birth of my DD six years ago. I seem to have fallen in that "Mommy trap"; I finish what they haven't and then some!
Favorite Cathe workout: Cardio - Imaxes - Weights - GS & Pyramids - Circuit - Terminator. I actually love them all! I am a premix/mish-mosh freak!

Name: Vilma
Occupation: SAHM - Jane of all trades; Master of 4 (my family )
Children: 3 (DD '90, DS '92, DD '98)
SO/DH/DF: DH married (6-12-88) together 23 yrs this past May
Why are you doing this challenge?
To be aware of what I eat in order to become a healthy happier me - When momma is happy everyone is happy
Favorite Cathe workout: IMAX2 most definitely w/ LIC coming in as a close 2nd

Name: Stephanie
location, Toronto, ON, Canada
occupation, dietitian, specializing in HIV care
children, none, but 2 dogs, boston terrier, David Bowie, pug, Roxie Music
S/O, Christian, 10 years together, got the ring, no wedding
Why join the check in? as you can see, i'm a registered dietitian, and quite knowledgeable about eating. I am a vegan, work out daily, and too just want to lean out more, and be accoutable. Weekends are tough, i'm a bit of a stress eater!
Fav workouts: love the IMAX's, and PKC, doing a gym styles rotation now.

Name: Carola
Children: Samuel, 11 and Tristan, 7 plus Scooter, 1 (mini aussie), Tuxedo, 1 (mini aussie), Pepper, 2 (mini aussie), Cody, 9 (German Shepherd mix), Nemo, 2 (house cat and king of the castle), Tinkerbell, 4 (scardy cat - doesn't like the dogs)
DH: Paul, married for 10 years
Why join the check in? Accountability, having to check in and confess, makes me not want to mess up. Need to lose quite a bit of weight brought on by "diets" which didn't start until my mid 30s and coincidentally moving to the US.
Fav workouts: DrillMax, Rythmic Step, KPC & PUB, PLB

Name: Kel (Kelly)
Children: A spoiled furry little fella named Skippy
SO/DH/DF: Tony, married 18 years this November, together 20 years this past March
Reason/Goal: I need to be much more aware of what I put in my mouth, especially regarding whether it's truly clean or not. I eat healthy most of the time but I'm obviously not doing something right because I'm not seeing the results I desire, even though I work out intensely 5 days a week & do construction work at least one day during the weekend too. So I'd like to post my meals & hopefully get some feedback. I also need to eliminate the glass of wine or beer I tend to consume during the evenings when winding down from my day at work.
Favorite Cathe workout: For cardio, I'd pick IMAX 2 & Pyramids for strength. For total body, I'd pick Muscle Endurance & for a circuit workout, I think I'd choose Boot Camp

Name: Phyllis
Children: 3 - DS (16), DD (15), DD (13); 1dog, 3cats, 1 parakeet, 75 gal aquarium
SO/DH/DF: married 21 years!
I needed to tighten the eating up. Hopefully, it will help me get rid of the pooch and the thigh cellulite!

Name: Valerie
Stay at Home Mom
Married to DH almost ten years
Children: 3
I'm doing the challenge to train myself to choose better snacks and meals. I used to reach for a box of cookies or Cheezits when I wanted a snack, but now I'm a little wiser about what I put in my mouth. I'm so glad there are several of us in this together!!
My main goal is to be fit and healthy. I'm no longer interested in trying to be rail-thin; I want to be toned and healthy, and I want to be around a long time for my husband and children.
Fave Cathe workout: it does change periodically, but right now I am loving Low Max!

HAPPY CLEAN EATING TO ALL!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.