####clean-chatty-cathes-tuesday####

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning silly friends,

I love waking up to your ramblings from the previous night. It brings such joy to my heart. :p

I have gotten up early the last two mornings to spend some time in my Bible and get my emails/facebook/cathe done so the computer doesn't suck me in! It's so bad! I've been shutting it down lately so I can focus on my kids b/c I just love to research and such and the internet is a big black abyss!

Today's WO will be GS Legs. I just asked Ryan to pray for me b/c I HATE leg work. I'm going to get through the whole thing though and be strong like bull!

Kate, LOL on the cookies!

Katie, I'm on my way for Collin's party too - I wear a small. :)

Anne, I think body blast is prob my FAVE series! I don't have the timesavers though.

Morris, glad you were able to de-stress. Enjoy your run this AM!

Colleen, glad you had a quiet day. Thanks for the web site recipes.

Robin, I have successfully reported you to the STS police and you'll be receiving a citation.

Klaudia, hope your day is a good one. Are you sore from the KB workout?

OK... silliness has ensued. My kids are awake...

BBL!
angie

Where are my early risers? I'm getting lonely. :)

Had a nice visit with my friend Kate this morning. She's so sweet.

Just finished lunch (MORE CHILI) and have a few emails to send and things to do before Ellie takes her nap and I workout. I could use a nap!! Getting up early is going to take some getting used to!

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!!

good morning angie! good luck with gs legs - it is a goody. also, have fun with your friend.

kate, lol re cookie binge. i bet i could top you, though:eek:

katie, mmm, dark choc!

well, boys slept awesome but i tossed and turned, worrie about job. i am going to do some praying and try to find my way thru this. need to talk to dh, but it is hard with him away. i still got up and ran and am glad to haev that accomplished. hope to do me and bc upper body later. we will see. breakfast time!

Morning Morris! Glad you were able to join me today! Great job with you run. Sorry you weren't able to sleep well. Did your run help you sort through things? That's probably my favorite thing about running - just clears my head!

Almost time for Ellie's nap... then it's Legs time...

Hey ladies, I'm here, just slept a bit extra this morning. I was up until at least 1230, it not 1 am -- I think I have a sinus infection:( I could hardly breathe and my throat was killing me. So no, I did NOT get up to run -- that's the last thing this junk in my head wants me to do!

Happy Birthday to Collin! My baby is 4 years old!

So Collin and I are staying home since today is his birthday. But since we had an impromptu "home day" yesterday, I need to be creative and find some fun things for us to do.

Not sure if there will be a workout for me, we will see....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLIN!!:):)

Morning!

Well, I tried to workout yesterday-got on the treadmill in the afternoon, got 3 minutes in when the two younger ones decided to go at it-actually the baby tried to go at her sister! I felt my bp rising so I got off and tried to cool down-then my dad called which brought it BACK UP. I love him very much, but sometimes he drives me crazy-it's like he doesn't even listen to what I'm saying-he just talks to talk! I snapped at him, too. By that point, I had to start dinner, so no workout:( And ice cream, too-pms and just an overall bad day. I don't have to go to the benefit this weekend-I whined enough and was a complete 2 year old about it so Darrin told his boss we have no sitter-total lie. So now my husband's getting all suited up to have dinner and drinks without me. Can't say no to the boss. Whatever. On the bright side-I got all the bathrooms clean and all the beds changed-woo hoo! Today is a run and STS7-hopefully!

Angie, I hear you on the computer being a time suck! I think that's causing part of my crabbiness-seeing what everyone on FB is doing, what they have, their clothes, etc. I need to limit my time on it, too. And yes, I'm VERY sore from my kb workout, but can't wait to do it again! I'm thinking about signing up for the 6 week Sunday morning class-I need to get out a little!

Katie, enjoy Collin's birthday! Hope you feel better.

Morris, I hope the run helped! I saw one post about work, but didn't see another? I hope everything's ok.

Hi to all!

Be back after the girls leave...

klaudia, hugs to you@! a 6 week sunday am thing sounds like just what you need. sorry about the benefit. that is tough. and i hear ya on the family stuff - sympathy coming at you!

angie, running did help and i feel more proactive re my job.

uh oh, tears from finn. bbin a bit

ahpy b-day collin!!!

no wo yet here - been busy with one of the girls since 5am!!!

i feel downright awful about my eating lately. im basically maintaining. im not doing sts to maintain, darnit! need to reeeeeeally clean up the eats.

angie, i love chili. i make a big batch then freeze it in indiv servings so i dont have to eat it for a week straight!
i read w/ dds in 2samuel this a.m.....about davids sons and being our brothers/sisers;) keeper.....every reminder helps!
gs legs - you can do it!!! slomo lunges!!!

morris, sorry your job is yuck right now. not fun. hug thos boys!!

katie, happy bd hugs to your baby!! and some playdoh too!
sorry you're not feeling well. yuck.

klaudia, get a sitter!!!! go get dolled up w/ your hub!!! go make those other men drool and remind d that you are a foxy lady! work it girl!

Happy birthday, Collin!

Please give him a big, squeezy hug from all of us! I hope you two have a great day together, I'm sorry you don't feel well.

Klaudia, I agree with Kate, I think you should go to the fundraiser. Is it the kind of thing where you don't want to go, but once you get there you'll have fun? I have a brother-in-law who never wants to do anything, but then he has fun once he gets there.

Kate, don't worry too much about the eats. You look fantastic!

Morris, sorry about the job sitch. That's no fun. I hope Finn is okay.

Angie, how was GS Legs? I dread that work out because it's so long so tough. You all know how I hate hour+ work outs. It's better for me if I break it up.

Hi to Colleen and Robin!

Gotta scoot, 8:30 meeting. But, I did get up and do Timesaver #2 this morning. I skipped the second hi/lo section because this cold is still hanging on, but I have tap tonight and I can definitely go to tap on Friday night, so that's 3 extra cardios this week. And I may be able to get an extra work out tomorrow night, too. We'll see. bbiab

anne

Morning on this chilly-willy day.

Happy B-Day Collin :D
Katie I can't believe he is 4 years old. Next year he will be off to kindergarten. Maybe you two can workout together. I received my collage exercise booklet and it has so many DVDs for kids now. Or maybe you can rent a movie for him. I miss having little ones.

Klaudia I say sign up for the classes. It will make you feel better. Sorry about the daddy drama.

Angie I know what you mean, what did we do before we had computers?
Just think of all the calories you will be burning doing leg work.

Kate me too. I did not see great results from meso 1 but it is endurance training and prior to doing STS I was doing k-bells which is also endurance so maybe I haven't shocked my bod yet.

Morris I'll pray for you.

Anne enjoy your day.

Colleen what's new?

---------------------------
Today's w/o RS and ext stretch STS. My kids are home b/c of sore throats and I checked there really have sore throats.

I've been reviewing the STS book and there are no push ups in meso 2
:D YAY sorry Katie.;) Cathe really worked on this series .Meso 2 looks a lot like GYm Styles b/c she does each body part until we are completely fried and then moves onto the next body part. I'm scarred :eek: By the 2nd week she will have us do back off sets until TF (Total Failure or Total Fried)

Last edited:
sorry to be so abrupt! finn just needed help. and stories, and entertainment:p

katie, feel better soon. such a bummer to be sick.

robin, i bet meso 2 is just what you need. i love endurance training but love the variety too.

klaudia, go to the fundraiser if you get a break and it is dfun to socialize. OR, get a sitter, get dressed up, make a brief appearance, then go out with hubby:cool:

anne, i think your classes sound like such fun. i am the opp of you. i love 60min+ workouts. it is just finding the time, you know?

kate, you are so hard on yourself with your eating. remeber the 80/20 or 90/10 rule? you are growing another human being and may not be able to restrict so much, you know what i mean? just a thought, meant in a nice friendly way;)

musci calss soon, and must go to store. too cold to walk the dog with the boys:( hope to play with a fried later. i am going to try to be proactive about my job. the problem is, i am an hourly worker, and it has always been fine, until they started cutting my hours. now, they also want me to clock in and out for eating a snack or anytime i am not actively working. no personal e mail either. i agree in pricipal, but i feel like i am punished b/c work is not busy. i am there to work, happy to do whatever, whenever. plus, i have to paydaycare all the time, whether they cut my shift or not. i am coming out behind now. so when the office manager says no snacking on the clock, i feel like i am not valued, and i feel like a little kid. i understand they need to cut costs, but it seems a bit unreasonable,. maybe i am the unreasonable one? sigh

gotta run - bbl

Morris hugs to you and I know it's hard. You feel devalued and not respected. It's not like your snacks are 1/2 hour long. And your are not the unreasonable one. You are working for your family and I hate when managers abuse their positions. I've been on both sides of the fence. Sometimes managers do things like this to keep themselves in a job.
Just try to remember what you are working for and if it costs your more than you are making....then...

Y-day Posts
No matter where I go grocery shopping the bill is still high. We have a Save-A-Lot grocery store and the grocery items are super cheap but the meats are sky high:eek:. Piggly Wiggly is cheap but have poor selections and old meats :mad:. When I go shopping in Walmart which has quality meats, good prices I end up spending too much b/c of the very large selections.:rolleyes:. We just can't win.

thanks, robin. also, if i have a snack, i always take it to my desk to do work at the same time. i am the ultimate multitasker. now that is a no-no too. yes, i am now a 4 year old i guess:( ita on the grocery shopping!

Day 1 of couchto5k is done! I'll do STS later this afternoon.

Thanks for listening to me gripe yet again! I'll tell Darrin to tell his boss we found a sitter-if he hasn't already given away the tix!

Morris, I'm so sorry about your job. How frustrating! Darrin's in the smae boat-he's got a college degree but is relegated to washing the trucks, doing menial stuff, etc. so the boss doesn't have to pay the lower guys on the totem pole, too. And he has to get in the hours, too, so he's gotta do it. Why would you pay for daycare if they cut your shift? Look at it this way, things can only get better, right?:)

Kate, don't beat yourself up on the eating. Your diet is stellar-you can afford a few goodies! Can you maybe cut back the baking to the weekend only? Would that help?

Anne, I spilt up GS Legs, too. I don't like working out more than an hour, either. Good job on getting your workout in.

Robin, I think I will sign up-it's $60 for six weeks-money well spent on saving my sanity;) Sorry about the kiddos being sick. I had to laugh at your double checking to make sure! I spend gobs on food-we eat a lot! No Hawaiian vacations, but at least we're pretty healthy, right?

bbl...

morris, that sounds grossly unfair to me. so can they make you clock out for chewing gum now?!

anne, ginas nose/cough has been lingering for weeks....im so ready for spring!
good wo!

robin, i buy our meat at meijer. i wait til it goes on sale and stock up.

klaudia, that kb class sounds great! seems like a deal too! i would love to join you......
good job w/ your 5k training!

------------
drove g to school today!:D i love it when that works out.
a.m. snack was trail mix but NO CHOCOLATE NASTIES!!!
l - taco salad
s - ???
d - italian meat sauce over veggies. noodles for fam
wo - after dds bed - sts10

Good Morning Everyone!

I am in a bad mood this morning because of an email my boss sent. Chris says I should let things settle but I have been waiting for a couple of months and nothing has gotten better. She wants to control everything and I do not work well for people like that. I want to give people the opportunity to determine how they want to handle things not tell them how to run things.

Morris, I am sorry about your job stuff. I understand that money is tight for everyone but punching out for every little break is crazy.
Robin, I know I am tempted at the grocery store when the selection is good. I don't usually freeze my meats unless I have to (I haven't had luck defrosting) so I have to limit myself to what I will eat.
Kate, that's great you were able to drive Gina to school. I bet she enjoyed it too.
Klaudia, great workout! Go ahead and sign up for the kb class - it sounds like fun!
Katie, sorry you are not feeling well. Happy Birthday to Collin!!
Anne, hope you get over your cold soon. I hate when they linger.

no workout today - I decided to enjoy my rest week and sleep in. I might do abs tonight.

c - yay for sleeping in!!!
booo to wd! does sge just have a hard time delegating then letting go? im terrible at delegating....i tend to just do it myself then stress out!

Hey ladies, collin and I are at chick-fil-a. Yep, that's right, I'm that mom playing on her iPhone while her child plays. I'm just not sure if I have a contagious illness and I don't want to infect other children.

I am sipping a milkshake and it feels heavenly on my throat.

Personals are hard to do on the iPhone so I'll be back for that later!

katie, you are not "that mom"! you took the day off for your sons bday for goodness sake!:D
never been to chickfila.....playplace there i take it?
that shake sounds great!! mike just called and wants dessert tonight...lemon pudding cake! great! :rolleyes: just when i was so motivated today!

So, it looks like I'm going to the fundraiser. Anyone have any ideas on what to wear?

Colleen, enjoy your rest day! Sorry about the crummy boss. I remember being miserable when I student taught-broke out in the worst case of stress acne and would cry in the English office to my mom every day! It's a good thing I'm a SAHM-I don't have the chops to have a career outside the home!

Katie, enjoy that milkshake:) And you're an awesome mom!

Kate, we are married to the worst enablers-husbands who love treats and can eat them ALL day without any repercussions! Mine will go out for ice cream in a blizzard-jerk!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.