<><><>clean-chatty-cathe-wednesday<><><>

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all,

Girls are up in their room being all sorts of silly... and it never fails to lead to someone getting hurt! Geez.

I don't have much time this morning. I know I'm behind on personals... I promise I'll catch up later. It's a rainy day here so I'll have some time.

Today is my "rest" day. I laugh at that b/c I'm only really not working out. It doesn't quite equate rest! :)

Hope everyone has a happy day. And for Katie, we're halfway there!!! :):)

Well, I'm going to have to work out today because we're going to an aquarium tomorrow with some friends so I won't be around to WO. I'm SOOOO tired today. It's raining and I just want to crawl in bed and watch lots of episodes of Friends and take lots of naps. Oh well.

WO will be 4DS LIS plus the "cardio quick fix" that Cathe posted with last month's rotation:

1 minute Jumping Jacks
1 minute of stair climbing in house (if no steps, do steps ups, 20 per leg on a 12 inch step height)
1 minute jump rope (don’t have to use a rope but do the movement as such)
1 minute jog or shuffle in place while arms pump up and down
1 minute front/back kicks (30 seconds the right leg kicks front and left leg kicks back then switch legs for the remaining 30 seconds)

Repeat all 5 of these one minute activities for a total of 4 times to equal 20 minutes.

We'll see how it goes.

I'm PMSing so eats are clean aside from a few pieces of dark choc here and there. I found some whole grain bread... not bad. Made an egg white sandwich for b'fast and had chicken and red potatoes for lunch from dinner last night.

Not sure about dinner tonight. Snack will prob be apple and pb. Need to find a way to eat veggies. I'm so bad!

I'll check in post WO!

Hahaha, Angie, Miss Katie only has to work Wednesday and Thursday this week, so unfortunately I am not half way there *yet* but that's okay -- I think I can handle a two day workweek;)

I guess I have decided to pick up where I left off rather than declaring yesterday an extra rest day. So today I will do cardio (I'm going to try LIC cardio), tomorrow Legs, Friday run, Saturday back and tris, and Sunday run. I think this will work out best.

I didn't sleep very soundly last night but I feel pretty good (right now, anyway) considering. Today at the office will be lots of appointments and lots of catch-up on paperwork.

Off to do LIC cardio, bbiab

Angie, that workout sounds really fun! So does a trip to the aquarium! Regarding veggies, I know I don't get enough, it's hard. I try to put at least a cup of mixed salad green on my sandwich at lunch. Also, at dinner, I try to have a starchy veg (corn, sweet potato, etc.) and a green veg (broccoli is my fav). I can't stomach big salads day in and day out, so this is the best I can do.

my day would be incomplete w/o a salad!! i love them!

angie, that quickie looks like fun!
the aquarium should be great! good for you for getting out. i need to do more things for dds w/ their friends.
for veggies - i love slices of peppers. yellow is my current fave. w/ dinner last night i had romaine w/ carrots, raisins & almonds. so tasty!

katie, happy monday!;) have fun w/ your cardio!
glad you're feeling a bit better!

---------------------------------------------------

i got on the ellip and was pumped for a good c'coach sweat session. got 5 min into it and Chubby woke up:rolleyes:. will do wo while isabels at prek.

b - kashi, apple, pb
l - ??
d - chicken taco salad

sorry for the interruption, kate! your salad soundfs good.

angie, the aquarium sounds grear. i cannot wait to do that with ds's.

katie, glad you are better. hope today flies.

i slept from 9pm to 4 am, straight!!! feel soooo much better. i ran 5 this am and did drls from dm, abs from 4ds. i need to grocerymax, get ready for tomorropw and get my kids some play tuime. as for veggies, i love them. could eat them for b, l, d. just wish they weren't so $$$$$. bbl!

Hey ladies, wo was just alright. Madison was misbehaving so I had to stop a few times to discipline her:rolleyes: My throat was burning but my HR was barely in my zone. Just not my day.

Collin is hilarious sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast with headphones in his ears:rolleyes::D He loves that thing!

Morning I can't wait until it warms up.

Angie the cardio quick fix sounds like a good plan. I tend to eat dark veggies with home made dressing of balsamic or applecider vinegar and olive oil. I love sweet carbs like sweet potato and corn.

Katie sorry you did not sleep well. This morning 3 am my cat Star decided it was time to get up so he kept meowing. I got up and checked he had food and water, no one broke into the house so what was wrong with him:mad::rolleyes:. I may have to put him in a oldfolks/cats home.

Kate can we see some pics of our baby Chubby:D

Morris how long does it take you to run 5 miles. I was playing around with cathe calendar and it stated that 1 hour of power walking burns almost the same cals are 1/2 of step. But it depends on how fast you are walking, like 3, 4, 5 mph.

I'm going to take a rest day today and do some cleanmax.

Katie what itunes does he like?

morris, great sleep!! i dream of going to bed at 9!
great wo too!! im jealous!:p

katie, ick - throat.:(
lol at collin!

robin, rest day!!
im anxioud for nice weather too.....not happenin any timesoon:mad:

nice mom just called and is taking isabel to school today!!! i dont have to take j out!! i love that woman!!!

Kate, yay for the nice mom! Glad you don't have to go out today, it's cold out there!

Robin, cleanmax isn't exactly fun, but don't you love the results? I'm a neat freak, so nothing makes me happier than a clean house, with everything all picked up and put away. Alas, it only happens once every two weeks where I live. And that's just because we don't have pets or kids!

Morris, yay on sleepmax! I'm so glad you got some good rest. It makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Katie, sorry your work out didn't go well this morning. Your cold is throwing you off, I'm sure. Mine is still hanging around, too. I don't feel bad, I'm just stuffy and have a little cough sometimes.

Angie, I'm jealous you get to go to an aquarium. I love fish. The Shedd is probably my favorite, but I also like the one in Monterey, CA. Has anybody else been there? They have an amazing jellyfish display.

Hi to Klaudia and Colleen!

I did not get up early this morning, but it's okay because Jim has a meeting tonight, so I can have the basement after work. I'll do Timesaver #3. When I got to work this morning the Internet was down and I was like, "But, I have to catch up with my Cathe friend!" Just kidding, but I was sort of at a loss. There's not a lot I do that doesn't involve being online. It's crazy how 15 years ago we didn't even have this thing, isn't it?

Okay, have to get to said work. bbiab

anne

Anne I'm so lost w/o a computer. I chat with you all more than my own sister.

Kate let chant SpringSpringSpring to get some warm weather

I was going over the weights for week1 meso 2, every thing looks doable except the 75# sqats:eek:. How can that be? It doesn't look too bad if I use two 37.5 DBs. Well I'll see if I can handle it. But I'm wondering how in the world did I test 1rm that high?:confused: I didn't even have my 20# vest back then.

Good morning!

Bad night-didn't sleep at all and had a nervous stomach. My right cheek started tingling yesterday and you know what that usually means for me, right? A self diagnosis! By the time I decided to take a Xanax, it was 3 am and I didn't want to oversleep, so I didn't take anything. I'm definitely taking a nap this afternoon. I want to get a kickbox workout and abs in too. We'll see. Gonna call my parents and see if they wanna come by for a bit so I can run to the store for some groceries and outfit shopping.

Angie, have a good workout and have fun at the quarium tomorrow. I get my veggies in big salads, and with dinner. Remember, a serving is 1/2 cup-1 cup. Good luck!

Katie, some days are just like that-at least you tried! There's always tomorrow!

Kate, yay for staying in! Danica forgot her lunch money today and I called Darrin to see if he could drop it off-thank goodness he can-I don't feel like getting out of my pj's just yet!

Morris, I don't think I could even fall asleep at 9-that's when the girls go to bed! Bedtime for me is usually 10:30-11:30. But I don't get up til 6-7 am:)

Robin, enjoy your rest day. Are the kids feeling better?

Anne, I would feel completely lost without the computer, although it would probably help my cyberchondria! We're neat freaks here, too. The girls make their beds before breakfast-even on the weekends! Darrin's idea of relaxation is Swiffers and a beer:)

Hi Colleen!

b-oatmeal, milk
s-Greek yogurt blueberries, honey
l-soup
s-?
d-?

bbiab...

WO done. The cardio quick fix is nice for a change and I got to listen to my iPod which was fun during it but it's pretty rough on the joints - lots of jumping!

I'm having a total "fat" day. I'm frustrated because I feel like my body is not responding to my exercise whatsoever. While I can feel that my muscles are toned underneath, I don't see a difference visually. I know that last month I was totally inconsistent with my visitors and then being sick and then our trip to Disney but I just feel like the month before was totally a waste of time if I'm at the same place I was Jan 1. It's so discouraging. I honestly don't feel like my weight would be any different had I not worked out at all the last 2 months. I feel like I should just have ten more babies because then I would have an excuse for my body to look the way it does. Sorry, just discouraged today. Rant over.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anne, are you enjoying the timesavers? I was thinking that at some point I'd like to do the body blast series as a rotation of some sort. I just love it. The music is fun. I agree on your aquarium thoughts. I love/miss Shedd and Ryan's grandparents live about a 5 min walk from the aquarium in Monterey! I love Pacific Grove - it's gorgeous!

Kate, your parents seem so wonderful! I would love to live close to either set of my parents. The help would be so wonderful during these baby years. Sorry chubby interrupted your WO! :)

Robin, are you frustrated not to have seen much results from STS for the first meso? LOL on your body not being "shocked" yet. Sorry about the wake up call from your kitty. We had a loud cat that used to meow in the middle of the night. It was so annoying but at times I miss it. :( And:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: 75# squats!!! YIKES!

Katie, sorry about your pooped out workout - LOL about Collin with his mp3 player! :) How cute. My girls were dancing to HSM this morning - cracking me up!

Klaudia, where are ya this morning? Did you decide on a dress. LOL about the water balloon comment y'day (I think that was you) - oh how I can relate!

Morris, glad you got good sleep. Tell me how you eat your veggies!

Morning Colleen!

Time to clean up the girls' paint mess and have some sort of snack.

Catch ya later Bill and Ted!

oh man, this day is going downhill. finn is grumpy. i guess that is okay as he has been an angel for a week straight. it does not help that he cannot go outside! also, i miss dh. haven't talked to him in 2 days. hope he is flying fast. went grocery shiopping, which i hate. now my foot aches!!! what is up with that? it felt fine this am. i sched a dr appointment for next week and a pt appointment for firday. i am anxious now. better take it easy the next few days.

robin, it took me 39 min to run 5 this am, usually around 82-84 for 10 miles.yikes on squating that much!!

angie, remember, your workouts are for your inside too. your heart is stronger, your muscles are working. you cannot see changes easily day to day unless you have alot to lose i think. try to focus on how good the exercise feels.

anne, i will miss you all tomorrow when i am at work and offline. that is another thing i am not allowed to do now:mad:not that i think i should be paid for being on line, but, i do feel punished. we definately rely on each other.

klaudia, sorry for the rough night. a nap will feel good. enjoy shopping solo.

kate, yeah for mom's who help out. what are your plans for the day?

eats went a bit south - extra cereal at breakfast, unexpected protein bar flew into my mouth after grocery shopping:eek: but, it is still early yet, and i can clean things up. i have veggies, soup and tofu planned for lunch, extra veggies for a snack. angie, i love all veggies steamed and always have broc handi. also love carrot sticks, spinch salad, zucinni, assorted mixed veg tossed in soup, and anything roasted.:)

anne, a little time solo in the eve is always nice!
glad the net is back up!;)

robin, springspringspring!!!! im dancing too for extra oomph!:p
yikes on the wts - i havent looked yet!:confused:

klaudia, hope you get some solo shopping. sounds wonderful!!
no worries on the tingly cheek! you are healthy! lol about cyberchondria!

angie, it wasnt our parents that were helpful - it was a mom from prek. i wish our 'rents would help more. im such a do-it-myself person....maybe i act like i dont need the help????
good wo! sotrry abt the fat day...ive had my share of those lately. lol abt the babies!!!! i cant blame j anymore - its 4.5 mon postpartum....its just plain ol' hand-to-mouth syndrome here!:eek:

-------------------
just did 40 min on the ellip. so sweaty, so good!
eating a clementine & kids clif. mmmmmmmm
lunch will be eggs, mushrooms, onion, 9-grain toast. grapes i cant wait!:D

morris, sorry for the down day. deep breath!!! i need to remember that. i think i just expect too much of myself in a day.
hope the ft doesnt get worse.
i adore grocery shopping - i would go everyday! sick, i know. i love all the fresh produce.
good adviceto angie,,,need yo remem that too!!!
im sure dh wishes he were w/ u too....
no big plans today....might go grocery shopping again....making french pot roast tomorrow and i need some wierd ingredients.

i got carded forthe 1st time monday!!! ive never bought alcohol and i got a 750ml bottle of pinot noir for my roast. it felt embarrassing getting carded!! lol!!

Good Morning Everyone!

I am a little grouchy this morning because of the people I work with so I am trying to smile more so I am not so grouchy. We have started playing the lottery when the jackpots get big and my coworker is convinced every time that we will win. She is so disappointed when we don't.

Kate, glad you got your workout done even if it was later than you thought.
Anne, I like it sometimes not to have Chris home in the evenings. I get so much done.
Robin, I haven't dared to look my weights for Meso 2 yet.
Klaudia, shopping sounds like fun. I definitely could use some retail therapy even if it is just the grocery store.
Angie, you are doing good things for your body even if you don't see the results. I watch my MIL who acts like she is 80 and compare her to my mom who is older and goes to the gym 5-6 days a week. My mom is able to do things pretty easily whereas my MIL can't. No one wants to go shopping with MIL because she has to leave after an hour. My mom can shop for hours.
Morris, sorry about your foot. I hope it is okay. I know it would be frustrating to have to be off it again.

w/o was KPC
b: oatmeal w/ almonds

colleen, sorry for the grumpy day! i hate feeling like i cant change my bad mood.
enjoying your rest wk?? i cant wait to cs for a week straight!!!

ok.....im a little more calm about the gun. it is an investment....i must repeat this.! we have the money, but yikes!! he works hard and should enjoy the fruits of his labor, but yikes! yikesyikesyikes!!!!! looks like obama will be outlawng gun purchases so i guess its a good thing hes buying it. but yikes! guns are seriuosly his only hobby and he loves to shoot out back. hes actually won some tournaments. i guess 975 for his hobby pales in comparison to my cathe collection:eek::eek:.

whered everybody go??!!

lunch was as planned.
pm snack????? clif bar?? good & filling....
new recipe for chicken tacos tonight....with loads of fresh salsa!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.