Chinup Wonderland 12/17/06

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Ok, my computer is acting crazy. I just posted this but I can not find it????

I finally got off my procrastinating tooshie and did chins today. I did PLB with chins in between sets of leg work. Man oh man did this wear me out!!! I did 6 sets of 2 chins with a slow lower down on the second and 10 sets of singles with a slow lower down for a grand total of 22. Slowly working my way back up. I find that slow lower down really helps increase my strength.

It is beautiful here the sun is shining and it's gonna be 68 degrees!!! Have a good Sunday!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hey Catherine - love the thread title! Good for you for getting back with your chins. I would LOVE to be able to report 6 sets of 2. I've had a hard time fitting in my workouts, but at least I'm doing 2 total bodies and 2 cardios each week (although I only did one cardio this week). I guess it's better than nothing, *sigh*. Briee would be proud of me - I've done no yoga at all this week, not even a yoga stretch after my Cathe workouts.

Tuesday's my 45th birthday so I need to come up with a birthday goal. Unfortunately, my chin-up goal was never reached.x( I might make my goal to be able to get my entire chest on my legs during a standing forward bend. I'm a few inches away, but those last few inches are tough!

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you chinners when you catch your breath from all the holiday hubbub!

Hey Soooooooooooosan, I'll give ya some of my chinup ability if you'll give me some of your flexibility LOL!!!!
BTW it sounds to me like you are doing pretty good with your workouts as busy as you are. It's a struggle during such busy times isn't it?

My routine is very haphazard right now. I was eyeballing the Dec rotation and actually like it. Maybe I'll try it in Jan. Anyone want to join me?? Of course, I'll have to figure out where to put in my chins. Oh and can anyone suggest a sub for steady state running? RUNNING-BLECH!!!!

Catherine

>Maybe all this talk of chin ups scared them off?

NO....it was all the talk of YOGA, Sandra :p :p :p :p !!!!!! (LOL).

I'm returning because Sooooooooooooosan didn't do any yoga this week ;) ;) ;) - (smiley guys ROTFLOL).

Oh my guys...been SO busy. Big Christmas party here last Sunday and then went with the family to the Kalahari in the Wisc. Dells for a few days. Workouts have been sparce!!! I did swing BM2 this week - twice, not the weight work, just cardio and then did Turbo Jam's. I'm up for a heavy workout day, but am cringing to even imagine the DOMS at this point!! Hey...I learned to surf at the Kalahari - my body was incredibly sore from this as I smashed into the wall numerous times in my attempts.

Catherine....awesome job with your chins. I think I'll join ya in a day or so. Got to get Christmas gifts out tomorrow!! Family went to sing at a nursing home today (I was home with a sick 2 y/o). dd really enjoyed visiting with older adults!

Waves to everyone and don't let the busy season make ya too crazy!!

Briee (for the record Sandra....it's fun to hate yoga. Truth be told...I'm jealous of all you calm, serene, pain-seekers that bring this beautiful art into your lives on a somewhat daily basis. I'm just too impatient for this and "slow-pain" is not my gift. I'd much rather crank out 10 chins and be done with the pain!!!!:7 :7 )

Briee

I meant to add...Sandra beautiful pictures on your picture trail. Thanks for sharing these.

Briee

BRIEE LIVES!!! Hey girl! Sounds like you have been one busy lady. Way cooooooool that you learned to surf. I was too chicken to try in Hawaii.

I know what you mean about dreaded DOMS. I have been so lax lately, I am beginning to like cardio more than wts and I am just sure it's cause I dread DOMS!!!

Catherine

I knew not doing yoga would bring you back, Briee.}( Sounds like you and your family have been having some fun! Surfing, huh? Is there anything athletic you can't do?

I hate getting back to lifting after time off, too, which is why I make myself do something like Supersets on days when I don't feel like lifting. It's better than nothing and a way to not lose too much momentum during busy times.

Sandra, I took a peek at your picture trail after Briee's post. Beautiful family! (What are you, about 12?:))

Catherine, the weather's been incredible here too. It was over 70 yesterday. Weird this time of year, isn't it?

Good morning! WTG on the ab work, Catherine! I've been a bit slack in that department as well. I did the step cardio from BM2 yesterday and will probably do Supersets later on today. No yoga still. If I had something more intense or time-consuming on my plate, I probably wouldn't do it! Have a great day.:)

Catherine did ABS....yayyyyy!!!

I've done NOTHING here. The family caught a flu type bug right after the Kalahari and I'm feelin it. For the last few days my tummy's been turning. I'm needing a really good kick start...right after this bug leaves me. I was just saying that I want to loose 1.5 inches off my tush...and then the flu hit. I was REALLY thinking in terms of lots of butt workouts, but hey the flu may be the answer!!! ha ha.

Where's Joanne...probably decorating that tree }( }( }( .

After Christmas guys!! I'm going to get ripped!! Yep...right after Christmas. :p :p :p (I HATE BREAKS).

Briee

Briee, sending wellness fairy dust your way!!!

Hey, what's this thread about. Oh yeah, chinups. Lets see, yes I did some today!!!!! I did Pyramid bonus combo with chins. Did 6 sets of 2 and 7 sets of singles with slow lower down.

Sooooooo, what are you guys getting for Christmas???? Do tell!! I'm gettin nottin, been baaaaaaaaaaaad. Really we don't do presents usually. Unless there's something that either one of us wants. Last year it was my power tower. Best present ever!!

Catherine

Hey all! I am here, and still trying to chin weekly. I usually bang out anywhere from 10 to maybe 25 when I do them...and good lord not in a row! Usually I start w/ 5, then 4, then sets of 3. Not too shabby.

I tried DM yesterday with my purple dynaband. Holy shnikies. I also did the bonus stability ball abs from B&G. Ouch. Good stuff. My calves are so sore today! Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I don't want to overdo it b/c we're driving to MI on Saturday to spend Christmas w/ my husband's family.

Boring day here. Aiden has been sick with a flu type bug. Yucko. We did a Tar-jay run and that was about it.

Later!

Debbie

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
--Family Guy

Hi Chinsters-

I haven't been working on my chins because my tricep still feels sore when I try to do 1 neg. I know I lost the little progess I made :-(

We finally got a little snow but not enough to go snowshoeing. Weird weather here in MN this year.

Joanne

Hi Joanne!!!! Sorry your triceps are sore :( May be you should do more dips to anesthetize them LOL!!!

I did B&G standing legs and abs. Yes, OMG, I have done abs twice this week. And chins twice this week!! What's the world coming to?

BTW, I am off work till Jan 2!!!!!!

Catherine

I've barely been working out. I think I did Supersets once this week and BM2 step cardio once. I just did 90 min of yoga with a friend, though, so I feel a little better. I've had such a lack of focus lately, and have been flitting around from room to room, doing one task, then stopping in the middle to start another. Once the holidays are over, I'm going to focus on a heavy lifting rotation and stick with it until I see some results. Who knows, maybe I'll start chinning again if I gain enough strength.

Catherine, you've been a constant checker-inner which has really kept this check-in going - thanks so much for that steady input.

Joanne, the weather's been odd here in VA too. We unfortunately don't get much snow, but it's been in the high 60's and low 70's lately - just not Christmas-y, you know?

Briee, hope you and your crew are feeling better.

Debbie, your workouts never seem to falter! Hope Aiden (cool name!) is feeling better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.