Chinup Check In 9/15/06

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Did a few sets of chins today. Nothing earth shattering. My goal is to maintain at this point till back is competely better. Then I will work on improving numbers!! I also did my total body workout. This routine really saves on time!!

I may do some cardio or yoga later.

Waving hi to all of my chinnin buddies!!
Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hey Catherine and my other Chinsteres!!!
I couldn't do pull-ups for back on Wednesday and couldn't go to practice either. I still went to the gym (even though I didn't go to school that day}() but didn't have quite enough strength to do them. I tried but could only do like 2. I usually do about 8-9 widegrips. Anyway...

Catherine- Great job girl!! Love your attitude about it. You wanna maintain the chin-ups you can do and not overdo it to re-injur your back. Great job;-) Love yea:*

Hi to all my other chinsters Janie, Joanne, Boybie, Briee, Melody, and Sooooooosan!! Love you guys:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hi Catherine,

At least you are doing chin ups. I didn't realize you hurt your back, please be careful. Just don't hurt yourself further. You are so inspiring.

Adri, how did you post in the 1000'nd already? WOW! My goal was to make it there before our Fall trip. It's not going to happen.
Get better little lady, and enjoy school and your gymastics. Sometimes when you are sick, it's better to take some time off, for health reasons. Hope you get over your bug quickly.

I'm with Adri, hi to everyone out there. You all are the greatest!

Janie

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Nature Boy by eden ahbez 1908-1995

Hey Janie!!! Glad to see you again!!!

Janie- I think I got into the 1000s because I think I talk alot :)+) And I'm on like several times a day. This place is like my online diary, espeically posting here in the check ins. Its great! How is the rotation going? Working well?

Love yea all:+

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri, thanks for your support!! Luv ya back :* I hope you are feeling better and I hope you listen to your body and give it the required rest it needs when you are sick!!

Hey Janie!!! GF you'd better speak up if you wanna up that post # !!! Come on out of your shell girl!!!

Waving Hi to all!!

Catherine

Adri,

The rotation you created for me is working so very well. I thank you so much for it.

I think it's great that you are able to talk to people about all kinds of things. That's one way to express yourself.

Catherine,
Come out of my shell? Then you will know me too well. Not sure if you'd like that.

Every now and then, I try to do chin ups...but... not quite there yet. Need to get stronger. I'm working on that.

Janie

Hi guys!!! Just checkin in to say NO pull/chins for me today. Last night was our first TaeKwonDo class for the school year and I began our ladies exercise class again with MuscleMax upperbody only due to time constraints. I had a new lady in class so I spent most of the time instructing and very little lifting. BUT my TKD class after the ladies w/o made up for it. We did sets of 1 pushup. This may sound heavenly, but he did them for a count of like 30 seconds down and then hang out at the bottom and then 30 seconds up.....just one though....every so often }( }( }( }( }( Those are EVIL!

Don't know what I'll do tonight. Catherine...hope your back continues to improve.

Waves to all!!

Oh Melody...here's one your kids may find interesting - something to do in their free time. I came home from an errand this morning and my dd showed me her beautiful necklace that she made. A round disc shaped stone with a string strung through it... to be worn around her neck. Seems that while I was gone they were watching worms crawl around the dirt and periodically throwing off "earthworm castings" which dd informed me makes a beautiful necklace when formed correctly. Do you think I could market these???

Briee

Hi Chinsters!!!
Awwwwwwww you guys I dunno what ta say no more!!! Your all just too good and errr I love you guys soo much:* Thanks for treating so well:)

Briee- You lean, mean, pushup machine}(}( You go girl!

Janie- Glad the rotation is going well for yea! Your doin great:D

Catherine- I love yea too:*

Hi to Joanne, Meldoy, Boybie, and Soooooooosan! I miss you guys;( Where are yea?

TGIF!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Briee, I'm glad my boys aren't into wearing necklaces! Your DD is extremely creative and resourceful. I'll buy one to support her efforts.:7

Gang, I've got major issues going on with my degenerative arthritic neck and am hanging up the pullups indefinitely. Maybe someday.

So in fairness since I can't proceed with chin training now, I'll bow out of here gracefully. (But I'll be reading and you know I'll have a comment now and then:7)

Hang strong, be tough...love ya:*

I'm sorry about your continuing neck problems Mel, I hate being held back from anything I want to do, but things happen. I didn't realize that you had degenerative arthritis, can you describe your symptoms and how they diagnosed them? I'm curious because I've had continued neck issues going on. I keep them at bay when I exercise, but they flare up when I don't stretch enough, workout, etc. The most common way I "seem" to hurt my neck is simply by sleeping wrong. I'm praying that you get some relief and by all means STOP DOING CHINS - there are other things in life (like donuts). BUT...you may not quit checking in. So sorry, not being a chinner is not an option anymore:7 :7 :7 ;) . It's in the contract - read the fine print. :p . I had a hard enough time when you went to the beach :7 - you can't leave.

Briee

Briee,

I love organic necklaces too. LOL That is so adorable!

Melody,

I'm so sorry you are having so many problems with your neck. My only excuse is not having enough strength. I'll tell you what, I need another cheer leader hear for the gals. Will you cheer with me? Don't go away from the forum, because if you do, I have to also, since I haven't been doing chin ups either.

I'm going on our Fall trip this Monday for 3 months. We do this every year. When I get back please all of you still be here.

Janie

Janie have a wonderful time and we'll miss ya and BE HERE! Can you continue workouts there??? Do they have donuts?

Briee

Briee and Janie,

OK, here I am!!!!

Thanks for your more than kind words. I'm fine, I've dealt with this for years and it doesn't normally get me down so much. I think the stress of Wil's surgery, his pain, lifting him, etc. are huge contributing stress factors. (You think?) As we always say, this too shall pass.

Janie, I was a junior and high school cheerleader, so here I am...rah, rah, rah...*promptly falls over and snores*.

Love you gals, and I'll be around.:7

Janie, I posted in you "goodbye thread", but here's another {{{{{GOODBYE}}}}}} and wishes for fun.

Melody,

I can see why when you are gone, everyone misses the heck out of you. Thanks for both of the goodbyes.

Janie

Wah! Everybody's leaving!:-(

Melody, I completely understand your need to stop doing chins. I hope you mean that you're still going to check in, though. I just love reading your funny and insightful posts.

Janie, where do you go for your fall trip? 3 months - lucky you! We'll miss you!

Catherine, glad to hear you're still feeling better. Hope it keeps up.

Joanne, did you survive this week? I really appreciated your kind words and advice in OD.

Adri, you are such a neat girl! So mature for an 8th grader! Where in Maine do you live? We go to Christmas Cove (South Bristol near Darariscotta) every summer. How cold is it by you now?

Briee, are you bringing donuts to church this morning?

I still haven't done ANY UB or core work. I did Kick Max Bootcamp Premix on Thursday and aggravated my injury AGAIN. AAUUGGHH! I've been thinking along the same lines as Melody. I don't have an arthritic neck, but doing chins has obviously caused some kind of injury that keeps recurring at the slightest movement. I think sleeping on it doesn't help either. What's the point of doing something that's counterproductive? Anyway, I'm still thinking about it (I hate to give up on my birthday goal), but if I do decide to forego them, I'll be sticking around too.

It's about time we changed the focus of this check-in to yoga, anyway.:p

Hey Chinsters!!!
Next day for pull-ups for me is tomorrow when I do chest and back.

Janie- I saw your post on Open Discussion about you leaving. I wrote you a message there too but I guess I can't say it enough. I'm ganna miss you soooooo much. I really enjoyed chattin with ya and am ganna miss that for 3 WHOLE MONTHS;( ;( Anyway, I hope you have a fabulous time!! See you in *sniff sniff* 3 months;(

Soooooooooooosan- Thanks for your nice words. I guess I take a lot after my mom. I never really thought I was really mature, I'm just like my mom I guess. When I put my mind to something (liek fitness and Cathe) I stick with it. I mean I've been into fitness and nutrition since I was 9, and haev never eased away at all. If anything I got more into it when I heard about Cathe and came here. Anyway, thanks so much:) I live in Portland. Its super cold here in the dead of winter (late Novemeber- about Febuary) Its freezin}{}( I've been to Damiscotta before. I went camping there. I think it was Lake Pemequid or something in Damiscotta. Hope you like it here:)

Briee- What is it with you and donuts girl!?!?!?!?!?! I think its time for you ta get a new hobby or likeing to something else :)+) I hear munchkins are becommin a hit:+:+

Melody- Hey girl!! Glad to see ya back! So when is your next day for chins and pulls?

Hi to Joanne and Boybie!

Have a great day

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hey Chinsters-

I've only done cardio this weekend so tomorrow I plan on doing Musscle Max, with chins to start with. I know I don't work on them enough or I would see more improvement. Someone mentioned a while back that she closes her eyes when pulling up and that does help me. Thanks for the idea.

Briee-I checked out that website. Looks like a really neat event.

Catherine-Hope your back is better every day.

Adri, Melody and others-hope you are having a nice Sunday.

Joanne

Hey all!! I did a few chins today along with a full body routine today. Still trying to keep it light with the lower body. Back seems good one day not so good the next. It actually starting feeling better after lifting today. Go figure. I just need to keep reminding myself not to push it.

Joanne, I love MM!!

Melody, as Briee said you are a lifer!! So chins or no chins, you must come visit us!! Sorry to hear about your neck!!

Soooooooooooosan, sorry to hear you aggravated your injury. I totally feel your pain and frustration :-( I know you will listen to your body.

Adri, Briee is our donut queen. and it is a requirement to be a chinster that we luv donuts!!

Waving hi to all!!

Catherine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.