Chinsters...where are you? 10/06

melodygirl

Cathlete
Hi ladies. Things are looking up at my house...YAY! Wil's casts come off in one week...YAY! Lee's doc has discovered the right meds for him and his moods are currently stable...YAY! Mac isn't having any asthma attacks or reflux flare ups...YAY! My DH hasn't left the whole lot of us...YAY! I'm not dead...YAY!

I still can't do my chin negatives, the neck refuses to cooperate. But I hope to be peeking in a bit more often now.

Miss you all:*

Hey Melody-

Glad everything is going so well. I'm going to work on those chins this afternoon. I do a few negs and cheat ones and my arms get pooped so quick.

For those of you that can do full chins - you are soooo strong!

Joanne

Hey where did my post go???? I posted this morning and when I came back it vanished!!! The main thing was ....MELODY, SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AND GLAD YOUR GANG IS DOING BETTER. I missed you!!!!

Joanne...THAT'S ONE LONG WALK. I think you are ready for the triathlon, be here at 8 sharp in the morn!! I will most likely be walking the last 3 miles, maybe crawling - I'll wear knee pads just in case.

The weather looks great tomorrow except for the high winds - ooooooooo:eek: :eek: . Let's hope they are to my back. One of the girls in my exercise class called today and said she is going to join me. Talk about last minute decisions - Joanne, did this motivate you????

Catherine...thought your colo story was so funny. I took my son to have his wisdom teeth out last Monday and he was so funny he was embarassing. The doctor said that your true self can come out when you get gas/anesthetic so he guesses that ds is a VERY happy person. He sang through the whole surgery - even under GENERAL - I didn't know that could be done (how irritating for the doctor).

Waves to all!! And please pray for me in the morning if you think of it. I am NOT a competitor - I hope I can just have fun and not be too nervous!!

Briee

My chinning day is tomorrow - I'm back on track after being depressed and tired for several weeks during which I functioned & don't know how. Did lots of push-ups this week, and have a more-like-normal energy level.

Melody, so glad to hear things are going better. Glad to hear ya will be dropping by more often!!

HB big (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) So sorry you are having tough times. Sending good fairy vibes your way!!!! Keep your chin up LOL!!

Briee GOOD LUCK WITH THE BIG TRIATHELON!!! I agree, Joanne should join you!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hi Joanne!!!! Keep cheating, everyone assures me it still makes you stronger.

{{{{{{{{HB}}}}}}} I'll will be thinking about you.

Catherine, yeah, I hope to be here more...be careful what you wish for...}(

Briee, I am your personal cheerleader...rah rah ree go go Briee!!! I'll be thinking of you when I roll over in bed tomorrow morning and you're out there "having fun".:7

I LOVE your new quote Mel.

Thanks for all the encouragement, you guys are the greatest!!

Briee

HB...a quick note. I'm glad your feeling a little better. Life can be awfully hard sometimes, just remember that we care and you can always come here to share.

Glad you're part of us chinners!!

Briee

Briee-

You probably are sleeping already but just want to say have a great time tomorrow and I know you will do terrific!

Joanne

Yay! The gang's all here! (Or at least you all were last night when it was just my 6-yr-old dd and I home alone watching a chick-flick (Mary Poppins:))).

Briee, I totally forgot today was the BIG DAY!! You are going to have so much fun and feel so accomplished when you're done! Best of luck and make sure you tell us every detail.

Joanne, you're right - these guys are incredibly strong. And I admire YOU so much for sticking with it all these months. I don't know if I'll ever get back into it. These past few months of attempting have really set my upper body strength back - obviously the opposite of my intentions.

Melody, YAY!!! Your bubbly, upbeat personality shines through in all your posts. I really missed hearing from you and hope things continue to look up for you and your lovely family.

HB, uuggghhh. I know you've been going through some bad times and I just want to echo the others that we're here for you. I think it's so great that you have a healthy outlet. Just keep taking it one day at a time.

Catherine, how's the sciatica been this week?

Hey Soooooooooooosan, it's nice to see everyone around itsn't it!! Of course didn't hear from Deb yesterday. Bet she's stuck on a chinup bar somewear LOL. ******crosses fingers***** Sciatica is doing ok. Just an occasional twinge of it. I did two strength and two cardios this week so far. I plan some cardio later today. It's nice to feel back into the swing. How's your neck/shoulder?

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Okay guys...right now I have a warm buzz, kind of exhausted feeling goin on!! BUT I FINISHED!!!!! I feel great and I can't wait for next year.

Details: Canoeing was much more exhausting then I expected. My dh and I agreed that next year we need to go canoing a few times before the race. I wasted a lot of time in transition. When I began the bike leg, I thought, "man I can't finish this, no way, I'm exhausted already and I've hardly begun". But I swear, God sent an angel. This older man came up behind me right at the beginning of the bike and I told him "I don't know if I can finish this - I'm already exhausted" and he gave me all kinds of encouragement "you can do it, just get through the hill, keep focused, it's not that bad, you can do it" and then he passed me and about 50 feet later he turned around and went in the opposite direction and just disappeared. I never saw him again. Interesting huh...yep he was an angel.

A while later I passed my dh and I ended the bike part just a little before him. The transition to running wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, BUT I was so shakey by now that I was worried about tripping on the trail...my friend said a lady in front of her did this and twisted her ankle. The rest of the run went well - huge hill to run up in the beginning, but the rest was better. What I had trouble with through the race was my shoulders aching, most probably from the canoe. I would lean on my bike handle bars and couldn't get comfortable.

I'm still waiting for results to be posted on the website. We waited for the citizen class results and they announced the top three for my class and then we left. I think I could have placed in the younger class as I think my time was right in there between the 2nd and 3rd placers in the younger class, BUT man those 40 and up are tough cookies. Amazing. All in all, it was tougher than I ever imagined, but I think considering my lack of ANY slow twitch muscle fibers I did okay. Thanks for letting me babble and for all your encouragement.

Briee

One more weird thing. I've always had salty sweat when I finish a workout, but after the race I wiped my face with my hand and I had this grit all over me. I touched my finger to my tongue and it was like licking a salt block. There were salt crystals all over my body, my shirt had them all over inside. That is just so bizarre. My dh said, haven't you ever experienced that before? He was a wrestler and they did all kinds of long distance runs so he was used to this....but NO I've never had this happen. I was so intrigued with the whole thing and he kept laughing at mex( x( x( .

Briee

YAAAAAAAY, BRIEE!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm yelling. Way to hang tough and finish, but I never doubted that you would. You are really an amazing woman, mom, wife...person. Thank you for sharing your day.

BTW, have you showered yet? I was just thinking the friendly deer that hang out around my cabin could use you for a salt lick.:p

Briee, you were my hero before with all the chins you can do, how you homeschool all 12 of your kids:), how you take tai kwan do, how you motivate your Bible group to work out, how you never hesitate to express your honest opinion - I could go on and on, but now you're really my hero, because YOU'RE A TRIATHLETE!!! How many of those are there in this world? Okay, probably quite a few... but you're ONE OF THEM! I also think it's fabulous that your DH did it with you. You guys are the epitome of "the family that plays together, stays together." And I bet you also embrace the lesser known: "the family that eats donuts together, stays together," which is equally as admirable.

Are you both planning to particpate in the yogathalon next year?:p :p :p

Awwwww you guys are just so encouraging and you're all my hero's!!!

Catherine, I love your little licky guys - too cute. And yes the deer would just love me...I have to be careful, it's hunting season out here. I showered promptly after getting home - it felt so gross - "gritty body".

The weirdest thing is the feeling through the whole race... "I'm dying, why did I do this, I hurt everywhere, I'm exhausted, I can't finish, this was so stupid" and then minutes after crossing the finish line the thought process switches completely to "I feel so awesome, I can't wait until next year, maybe there are more tri's I can do in between, I'm going to train harder, maybe I could shave minutes off of....." ISN'T THAT JUST ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES. And the further I get from the actual race...the more I want to do it again - you forget the pain SO QUICKLY. Kind of like childbirth (okay so I haven't forgot THAT pain yet, and I think I'll stick to triathlon's for now).

So when's the yogathalon????:p :p :p :p :p and can we do it as a team relay...I'll let you do crane and I'll do treepose indefinitely okay???

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.