Chinnin' Chatterboxes

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Hey ladies!! I am recovered. WOW, I got knocked for a loop after vactation. Terrible sinus infection :-( YUK!! That and adjusting back to the time change. I was sooooooo sick on Thurs and had to work. I know give me some cheese to go with my whiiiiiinnnne please. After a round of antibiotics (self prescribed of course) I am better. I finally got in a workout for the first time in 2 weeks!! OMG :eek: :eek: I did LIC- adjusted the step to 6 inches though just so not to over do it.

Gotta get back to chinning. Maybe will try some tomorrow. Fear I have lost ground again x(

Sounds like you ladies are into the holiday spirit getting all decorated up and all.

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Catherine-Glad you are feeling better.

My tricep still hurts when I do attempted chins.

I still haven't put up my tree. Hopefully, on Wednesday.

Joanne

Hey Catherine, Joanne and the rest of you strong chinners! Our Y event is over and I can breathe a little more freely. With being sick and working on the Y event, I haven't worked out since Thanksgiving! I feel like such a slug.x( I'm going to ease back into things with the workout I always use for this purpose: Push/Pull. With all of the holiday busy-ness coming up, I'll probably stick with total body workouts, short cardio and yoga until after the New Year.

Glad you're feeling better, Catherine and that you had such a great time in Hawaii.

Always nice to read your sweet posts, Joanne.

I haven't been posting, but I've been lurking! :)

Just waving *hello*.

Catherine, glad you're back and hope you feel better.

Joanne, get a tree. :p :7

Sooooooooooooosan, get well sweetie. The total body workouts are a saving grace sometimes.

Briee, get real...me doing chins on a loft rail?

Hey chinners. Glad your all doing well. Joanne...get a tree. Been SO busy. And sprained my ankle to boot. Not bad, but twisted it enough (doing LIC blasts) to make it hurt REAL bad for a few days. (couldn't walk on it). STILL haven't worked out since (been about 6 days) with the exception of upperbody - have done that.

FUNNIEST!! My ds came home distraught...."you should have seen it mom. We pass a house almost everyday that has 20-30 of those Walmart blow up santas, snowmen, reindeer, shake up globe balls, all over the yard. It was a massacre....someone took a BB gun and picked them all off, they were all dead - ALL OVER THE YARD IN HEAPS. So sad".

I'm on the floor laughing hysterically...wishing I could have been there to see it....very secretly wishing I had thought of it. (okay....this is my dark side coming out...but come on..would this have been fun or what). :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Briee

Briee, so sorry about your ankle. How frustrating.x( The dead blow-up Wal-Mart guys is hysterical, though. Whoever thought of that was a genius.:7

Melody, how are things at your house these days?

Briee, I get the sled, you get the BB gun and off we'll go hunting :+ :+ Sorry to hear about your ankle :-(

I didn BM2 cardio and abs today. Feels good to workout!! Still need to get some chins in there somewhere.

Sooooooooooooosan, sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather. No wonder with all you have on your plate. Glad things are a little calmer

Joanne, no worries about your tree. Don't tell anyone I don't decorate at all!!

Melody, are you still hanging from the loft rafters???

Catherine

Soosan....I'm so sorry to hear that your not feeling well also. Whenever I have LOTS going on...that's when it hits. And you are just amazing with all your activities!!!

Catherine...you must at least put antlers on your furry friends and post a picture!! Isn't BM22 FUN FUN FUN. I never cared for BM in the past, but this new one is great!! Must be the music - it IS the music - fun moves too!!

Joanne..I think we're getting a second tree tomorrow, I'll commemorate it to you and you can skip this year okay?

(somehow we REALLY got into the spirit this year :7 )

Briee

Briee, I agree it must be the music in BM2. I don't have BM to compare to though.

Today will be busy. Have to work and then squeeze in a w/o and pack for Chicago tomorrow. We are working till noon and then heading to the airport. I think I need a vacation from all this running around :p

Catherine

Hello group! Am I correct in thinking that this check in is for people who do/want to do chin ups? I just started P90X, and three of the workouts have chin ups/pull ups. I'm looking for tips and motivation!

You all look like you're having too much fun to be doing chin ups :p This is serious work! (isn't it?) :D

Cheers,
Sandra

Uh oh guys...I think Sandra's on to us. And I might add a mighty big welcome Sandra!!

Hmmmm do we do chins, um, we eat donuts, well some of us. Do we do chins? Ummmmm, well, on a good day we try, sometimes, sometimes we try on bad days, but I wouldn't recommend that. Do we do chins? Have we been asked that lately? I'm trying to remember how to respond, help me out guys?

ONE THING IS FOR SURE...WE DON'T DO YOGA. And that you can bank on that!

Briee

Okay...just kidding!!! YES WE DO CHINS. And you might even want to go back to our beginning chin threads to give you LOTS of advise on how to build up your chin count or do your first. I promise to get back to you with more detail, but have a child with a serious lifethreatening problem here so I better check on it. :7 :7 . Be back soon.

Briee (in the meantime...eat a donut)

Thanks Briee! I'll do a search (another great way to procrastinate from actually working).

The only thing I plan to do with donuts is to stack 'em up high enough to use as a stool! :)

Sandra

Hey Sandra, welcome to the madness, baaaaawhhaaahaaahaaaa!!!!!! Uh hum, I mean welcome to chinup land LOL!! So how ya liking the X? I need to do another rotation, hmmmmmmm just figuring out when???

No workout today. Oh well, packing for Chicago. Will get back into the swing of things next week. I know, I know!! I am packing workout clothes in case the gym's available.

Have a good weekend ladies!! Be back on Sunday!

Catherine

>Uh oh guys...I think Sandra's on to us. And I might add a
>mighty big welcome Sandra!!
>
>Hmmmm do we do chins, um, we eat donuts, well some of us. Do
>we do chins? Ummmmm, well, on a good day we try, sometimes,
>sometimes we try on bad days, but I wouldn't recommend that.
>Do we do chins? Have we been asked that lately? I'm trying
>to remember how to respond, help me out guys?
>
>ONE THING IS FOR SURE...WE DON'T DO YOGA. And that you can
>bank on that!
>
>Briee
>
>

Hi Sandra,

I second the welcome, but Briee, I DID yoga tonight.:p No chin attempts.

Going to sleep now. G'night all.

P.S. I have 3 BB guns, may I join the hunting expedition?:eek:
(I had typed '3 BB buns', should have left you all guessing.)

Hey Sandra! So glad you're joining our yoga, I mean, chin-up check-in. Some of us can do chin-ups and some of us can't. (I'm unfortunately in the latter group:-( .) I've actually given up my attempts because I kept injuring myself. But I'm pretty sure all of us can eat donuts (although give me a bowl of ice cream any day), and Briee is particularly good at tree pose. Just be politely warned that when you do achieve that first chin-up, I won't be speaking to you.:p

You gals are cracking me up.

And, I still don't have a tree up. I always tell my family that I am on break this year and I'm not putting one up but I end of doing it anyway. But, now I have the easy kind that you plug in, the lights are attached and it is only about 2 feet high (Melody - you might think about getting one of these :7 )

Sandra-Welcome. I'm another one that works on doing chins but still can't do them.

Joanne

Hi Chinners!

Okay, so you sent me off on a search, and I got mired in the deep dark depths of Link-Land. But I have finally found my way back to the top (like a rat in a maze) and I think I've figured out the strategy. So, I'm supposed to assist myself up, then go down slow, and when I can do that 3 times (at a 10 sec pace), then I try a full chin up. And then I get to eat a donut. And I get one donut per chin up. Do I have this right?

I'm doing P90X Legs and Back today, which has 8 rounds of pull/chin ups. I'll let you know how I do. It's nice to at least have a strategy. I just really couldn't see how I could go from doing 0 to 1, if there wasn't anything in between to help me work up to it.

Thank you for the warm welcomes. Why do I feel a bit like I've just walked through the doors of the Hotel California?

Catherine - how is your progress? Are you still doing one full chin up? I'm only on Day 5 of P90X, so I have a long way to go. So far I'm enjoying it. It's a dramatic change for me, and I was in need of that. I hurt everywhere, though. Well okay, there's a small muscle in my outer left thigh that doesn't hurt, but I'm pretty sure today's leg workout will take care of that.

Briee - I'm sorry to say that I do, INDEED, do yoga :) If that makes me an anamoloy in the group, so be it.

Sooooooooosan - Injuries are not good. I'm glad you have chosen not to pursue it any longer. But obviously you enjoy wagging your chin with this group, and that's really what it's all about, isn't it? :) And IF I ever achieve the elusive chin up, I shan't care if anyone ever talks to me again. I shall have achieved physical (and therefore moral) superiority over every other non-chin-uping human being, and will be awaiting my medal of honour which will be delivered in a peanut-packed box, delivered post-haste by the leaders of the superior-human being club. (And then you'll all be using your BB guns to deflate my ego...)

Okay, I'm off to "bring it"!
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.