((((CHINNERS FOR LIFE))))

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Yes, I will still be chinning at 90!! :eek::eek: Or at least I hope so ;)

I forgot to mention yesterday after my workout I played with my 16kg bell again. I overhead pressed it x3 on the R and x 1 on the L. Better than last week.

Today was upper body:

CHINS
total of 31- 1 set of 5 4 sets of 4 and 5 sets of 2
BENCH
85#3 sets of 7 and 1 set of 6
OHP
tried 16kg again 1 rep on R and 0 reps on L(fooey!!)
12kg bell 3 sets of8
SKULL CRUSHERS
20# s 3 sets of 10
Biceps
26.25 3 sets of 7 and 1 set of 6 (was fried by this time :( )

Was planning some cardio, but started to develop a headache and decided to throw in the towel.

Linda, how is it going with your client??

JJ are you still with us?

Joanne, did you see that Briee was here?

Hi Briee (in case you are around ;))

Last edited:
Hey Catherine-

I'm still here but haven't been working out due to my hip. I have a doctor appt tomorrow so I'm hoping to get some answers. Very frustrating:mad:

Woo Hoo on the OV Press with your 16kg bell. I was doing my 1 rep max for presses and 25's were my limit for 10 reps. I doubt I could do even 1 rep at 35#:confused: 31 chins today?:eek: WOW! I'm not worthy....;)

I hope to be back at it soon!

JJ

This morning I did BM2 Cardio Blast premix. Then Stretching with The Ball #2 from Cathe's Total Body stretching and adding a few extra to target tight areas. Workout was 1:20 minutes and I burned 654 calories.

Catherine
- Good job on the OHP, just be careful and don't hurt your shoulders. I won't see my client again until Thursday. I haven't heard from him so I guess he is okay. I called him the day after to check on him and left a message, but he didn't return the call. Will probably call him today or tomorrow to see what if any changes I need to make to his program.

JJ- I feel you frustration! When my knee took me out of commission it was driving me crazy!

Oh I forgot to tell you. Well, even though I may have stopped some bad habits, apparently I am still eating way too much because my weight has not budged. So anyway I am mad, and I ate so super clean yesterday it was truly unbelievable. (I also made sure I had a calorie deficit;)) And I must have drank somewhere between 150 - 170 ounces of water!:eek: I will have to say, while did not lose weight the past two weeks, those baby steps helped me not to have any cravings yesterday which was the only reason I was able to stick with the clean eating and reduced calories.:D

Linda, good job on your workout and you really are doing some stretching ^^5s!!

As far as OHP goes with the kettlebell it's a bit different than with a db. You really use the lats more than the shoulders. You actually start from the racked position(kbs cleaned and held by the sides) and engage the lats to get the wt moving. When you lower, again you engage the lats and pull the wt down. I think OHP with the kb is more protective of the shoulder than using dbs. And I am really starting to feel my lats now :eek:

Catherine - I'll have to try that one, my lats are in need of some attention. I am proud of me and my commitment to stretching.:D

I did 41 mins of Low Max this evening. The reason for 41 mins was my neuorma starting acting up. It's been bothering me lately but I can usually ignore it. Not tonight, it was down right painful and had to stop :(:mad: I finished with the band seg of stretch max.

JJ, I am dying to hear what you found out???

Linda, you must try your AOS dvds. Maybe add a round on a cardio day :)

I saw my internist this morning and it is his expert opinion (without an MRI) that I strained my oblique and now have tendonitis at the point where it attaches to my pelvic bone. He also did a pelvic exam since I was having pain and have a history of cysts. Everything was fine and he thinks the pain has to do with the inflamation of the muscle tendon. I need to see my ortho if it doesn't get better in 2 weeks.

Thanks so much for thinking of me:) I'm glad it is nothing serious and he said I can workout (except abs) as long as it doesn't cause strain or pain to that area. So no kettlebells for awhile cuz I feel it in the snapping forward motion. I wonder if it was the weighted russian twists that might have cause this?

Catherine, I did a couple chins today so I don't get kicked out of the "Chinners for Life" club;) What package of Iron Woody bands did you get? I was looking at the 3 pack for $67....do you think those sizes are enough? I can already do some unassisted but not many.

Linda, isn't it frustrating when the scale doesn't go down after being good with clean eating? I wanted to cry when I had to get on the scale at the drs office but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Still, I need to lose 10-15 to reach my desired weight.

Phew...I was kinda long winded :eek: Have a great night!

JJ

JJ, I am glad to hear your pain is nothing serious. I hope it heals quickly. I did order the Iron Woody pullup package that you mentioned. I actually found them to be too easy. So I ordered a pair of the 41 inch mini bands (I think they are like $18). That's what I use now for my assisted ones. I gave my other bands to my niece who likes to chin too :)

Today will be my rest day :cool:

Catherine, So if I can already do a couple unassisted, do you think I should forgo the package and just get a pair of mini bands? I'd love to be able to save some $$$;) I'm gonna hit the elliptical then I have a massage this afternoon. Enjoy your rest day.

JJ

Catherine, So if I can already do a couple unassisted, do you think I should forgo the package and just get a pair of mini bands? I'd love to be able to save some $$$;) I'm gonna hit the elliptical then I have a massage this afternoon. Enjoy your rest day.

JJ

I think so JJ. You can always do the foot in the band option to make it a bit easier and progress to the knee in the band to make it more difficult.

Thanks! I tried using my gray thera-band one day but it was too short. I thought about getting a longer one and tying each end to the bar making a loop for my knee. Hmmm....I wonder if that would work?;)

JJ

It's been a busy day as usual. My client canceled for tomorrow do to some health issues. Unfortunately it talking to him (he has shoulder issues) I think he believes he can spot reduce!:confused: He wants to completely drop chest exercises? Are people really that clueless? He also wanted more ab work when 3 out of then ten exercises are for core?

Any way I am thinking about ordering Precision Nutrition V3. Only because it has a vegetarian plan and I am always trying to figure out how to get enough protein. John is also trying to build muscle on a mainly vegan diet for the next 30 days to make sure it works. Can't wait to see his results.

Had another great eating day yesterday. hardley know myself right now. Haven't even had any of my beloved dark chocolate and I have like five bars of it in the house right now!:eek:

Catherine
- What is neuroma? Maybe I'll check out Providence tonight and see if I can add to my cardio tomorrow?

JJ- Glad it's nothing too serious. I don't have Woody Bands so I know nothing about them, but if you want to talk cheap... 2 bungee cords and a nylon strap. That's what I use for assistance.:p I just adjust the length of the strap to change the amount of assistance I get.

Superset A
Bulgarian Split Squat
8/8/8 - 26's
Dips w/ Knees up
8/8/12 - ***On the last set I assisted by lightly putting my toes on a step trying to shift my weight back to my triceps and away from the front of my shoulders***

Superset B
Chin ups w/ Knee ups
7/7/7
DB Step ups
8/8/8 - 31's

Superset C

Hanging Knee Raises
8/8/8 ***These were suppose to be SB Jackknifes, but I am so tired of doing that exercise****
X-Body Mountain Climbers
12/12/12
Side Plank w/ Leg Raise

10/10/10 each side

Then interval cardio at 60/60 ratio for 6 rounds using Bootcamp. Then I started the Flexibility for Beginner's from Tamilee Webb's stretch DVD, but it was longer than I thought and I had to stop. So I did about 20 minutes of the 30. Then did a few extra stretches for the shoulder as I made DS breakfast. Workout was 1:23 and I burned 574 calories.

Linda strong work and chins:eek::eek::eek: Sorry to hear about your client. It's sad that the myth of spot reducing is so alive and well :(

A neuroma is an inflammed nerve in the foot. Mine is between the bones(metatarsals) of the 3rd and 4rth toes. It's very painful at times. I will probably have to go forward with more aggressive treatment. A series of 7 sclerosising (deadening) injections into the nerve. Or surgery.

Linda, I commend you on your diet and self control. I have a weakness for dark chocolate and have a hard time passing on it. Thanks for the bunge cord info.... I really want to improve my chins & pulls and using a chair just doesn't do it for me.

I was looking at your hanging knee raises and was reminded of an ab exercise that I saw in my Women's Health mag a few months ago that just blew me away. Its called the windshield wiper....you hang from your pullup bar and raise your straight legs to a pike position. From there, you move your legs right and left like a windshield wiper. I could only get my legs in the pike position and lost it on the wiper action.:confused:

Catherine, Sorry to hear about your foot issues. It sounds painful. Oh how I wish we could just do everything we want to without any pain! I did a cardio coach on the elliptical today and no pain in the hip. Keeping my fingers crossed.

JJ

Catherine, Sorry to hear about your foot issues. It sounds painful. Oh how I wish we could just do everything we want to without any pain! I did a cardio coach on the elliptical today and no pain in the hip. Keeping my fingers crossed.

JJ

Isn't that the darned truth? Seems like there's always something. But hey, at least I am still moving and doing something :)

Oh how I wish we could just do everything we want to without any pain!

Isn't that the darned truth? Seems like there's always something. But hey, at least I am still moving and doing something :)

Here Here! If only we could be pain free!

JJ
- Happy to here you were able to do some cardio without any pain. I have no idea what has come over in regard to the eating. I am never this good.:p Hope I can keep it up...well, at least until I am ten pounds lighter:p

Catherine
- Hey I had wrists weights on my forearms when I did my chins, does that count as a weighted chin?:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.