Chin Up Checkin 9/21/06

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Hey ladies!! Thought I'd start a new thread. I will be doing a few chins tonight (assuming I have the time). The I am heading for Boston Ma for the weekend. Business of course, but will find some time for pleasure.

How's everyone doing? Hope all is well in chin land!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hi Catherine! Glad to hear you're going to do some tonight. Boston's a great city. I bet the weather will be great.

I did bi's and tri's from the GS's yesterday - just wanted to get SOME upper body work in and thought those body parts would be fairly safe to start with. My upper back hurts again today so it probably wasn't the right thing to do. It's funny, it never hurts when I'm doing the exercises - it just starts in the middle of the night and continues the next day. It might be the way I sleep rather than the weight lifting. It's so aggravating, because I need all the UB work I can get and hate to take so much time off of it.x(

I played tennis this morning and will probably do 1/2 Imax this afternoon. I'd rather do KPC but don't want to risk it.x(

Did some chins & pullups on Monday after a two week lay-off. Will do more on Saturday, most likely.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

did 4 today and then I did almost a full pullup. woohooooooooo. progress rulz.

Age only matters if you're cheese.

I plan on working on chins tomorrow or Saturday. I am so tired today (another one of those up in the middle of the night nights - wide awake) that I'm just going to do some cardio when I get home.

Sooosan-I really like that workout you suggested - the Seasun (sp?)one. I just did it once so far (about 3/4 of it) and plan on doing it today. It is fun. Thanks for the suggestion.

Joanne

Joanne, glad you liked it!

Catherine, how'd you do on the chins last night?

Boybert, HB and Adri, I'm not speaking to you guys.:p

I've got L&G on the plate today. What a fun workout!

Hey chinners.

My body is tired today. Did ME last night with my ladies group and then proceeded to 1 1/2 hours of TaeKwonDo. I used to be used to this, but now it seems my day following is really draggy - I'm exhausted. I must be getting old x( x( . (I didn't say that though). I felt the same way after my bike/run the other day and I'm now wondering if I need to eat more - at least on those days. I've been lo carbing more than usual and I think this is adding to the drain. Got up at 1:30 am and ate a baked potatoe - I couldn't sleep either Joanne. Don't ya just hate laying there exhausted, but you can't sleep!!!!

Enough whining. I'm determined to keep up the intensity until 2 days before the triathlon - I'll take a little rest then. It's rainy today, so I don't know if I will get outside to bike or run. Maybe an IMAX.

Soosan, I need to dig out my tank top rotation, but what I do remember is doing CTX Upper body, LL, S&H Upperbody split between 2 days, S&H Legs and shoulders, and one all body day. Basically I was working upperbody 3 days a week, but with varying rep patterns as in one day high rep low weight (ie. CTX upperbody), one lower reps and heavy (ie S&H), and one moderate. I need to find my records as I think that I may have done the PS upperbody workouts instead of the all body day. I know I didn't do PS lower body. I would only do two leg days per week. I worked out 6 straight and one rest back then....always!! Seems now I miss more days then I used to!!!

Hi to everyone!!

Briee

Ohhhh did a set of 7 chins two nights ago. That's it, nothing more, just felt like doin um.

Briee

Hey Chinsters!!!
Pull-Up day for me is tomorrow!! Ganna try 2 sets of 8 or 9. Then IF I have enough strength(}() I'll do chins but don't think so:+:+

Sooooooooosan- OK fine girl (LOL:+) You don't have to talk to me}(

Briee- So what flavor donuts did yea have today!?!?!?!?!??

Catherine- Great job on your chins girl!!:)

Joanne- Great job too:)

Well, its friday and I had track practice and some abs this morning and will do some later. I'm kinda tired right now and will go rest for a few. me and my mom are moving so I'll be up a while today x( So I'll rest alittle now. Have a great weekend! Love you all:*

TGIF!
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri....does your mom check in on Cathe? Was just curious - from your decriptions, she sounds VERY active - so neat that you have such a great relationship!! Now...regarding donuts. They have become somewhat of an issue I joke around about. I honestly eat almost NO sugar, but when I DO eat sugar I rarely waste the occasion on anything BUT a donut. A few days ago I had this incredible craving for a brownie (another thing I rarely eat) I haven't found the brownie yet - I've checked probably 6 different stores, but I won't waste the calories on anything but the perfect brownie so this may take time. And I refuse to make a whole batch as I don't want the whole pan sitting here or I may not eat just one!!

I have had 3 short naps today and I'm STILL tired! I need to do some intervals tonight-trying to psych myself up! (it's not working)

Briee

Hey Chinsters!!!

Briee- LOL:p:p OMG you chinsters are SOOOO funny:p:p Thought it was funny how you said you won't waste ANY calories but only on the "perfect" brownie LOL!! No my mom doesn't have a name her or anything. To tell you the truth she really isn't a computer person. I have to help her get on the internet help her get to webpage}( Let alone her trying to post here}( But when I get my picture trail finished I'll show you some pics of her!

Hi to Catherine, Janie (miss you;() Melody, Boybert, and Joanne! Have a great weekend! Love you all:*

TGIF!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hi to Mz Sooooooooosan and Honeybunch!!!!!! Love you guys:*

TGIF!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Some Pull-ups planned for me today! I'll tell you all how much I do later when I acually do em:+ Talk to my chinsters later!

Hi to Catherine, Briee, Sooooooosan, Melody, Honeybunch, Janie, and Joanne! Love you all:*

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hi Everyone, love ya!

I can't do chinups thanks to the old neck, but I wanted to post that my gang and I went to the apple orchard today to pick apples. That's not the part I want to call to your attention...this is...I ate 2 apple cider DONUTS!!:9

I just want Briee to be proud of me.;-)

My heart has been touched. It is with tears that I wish to bestow the highest honor upon Melody as chinster of the year. I know Adri, you can do the most chins, and HB is right up there with you, and Soosan is doing assisted chins and Catherine and Deb have made the most advances, but hey in my chinnin bible "donuts cover a multitude of chins".

Now lets go eat donuts to celebrate.

Briee

I second that bestowment. Donuts are the foundation of this check-in and Melody's shining example to her children, nay, to us all, will be talked about around campfires and chin-up bars for years to come. Bravo, dear Melody!

(Just wondering, was yoga involved in that excursion in any way?)

Did some pulls yesturday! I did 1 set of 9 widegrip (well it was more like 8 and a half}() and my second set was 7 reps. I always huver around 7-9 reps of widegrip pull-ups.

Melody- Hope you had fun apple pickin!!! Just make sure when you make those donuts that you don't add extra SUGAR}(}:)+ LOL

Briee- What is up with you and donuts?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! LOL:+

Sooooosan- LOL! Donuts are the foundation of this check in:+ LOL

Hi to Catherine, Joanne, Honeybunch, Boybert, and Janie (miss you;()

Have a great day chinsters!! Love you all:* Sending you all a big fat jelly donut:+

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Oh Briee! It is with humble joy that I accept this honor. I'd like to thank the farmers who grew the wheat, the millers who milled the flour, the apple farmers who grew the apples, the bakers who knew just the perfect recipe, my DH who paid for the donuts, and -of course- Briee. Without Briee's inspiration and shining example of donut consumption and, yes, even donut theft, I'd never have received this award. Thank you, Briee.
http://bestsmileys.com/tropheys/3.gif

I was at the Apple Orchard on Saturday and passed on the apple donuts (it was hard but I did it). Now, I want to go back and get a dozen :)

Joanen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.