Chin-Up Check-In Fri, 9.8

Soosan

Cathlete
Good morning! What's everyone up to today? My back/neck is still pretty sore, so no chins, UB or core work for me still.x( I stupidly used a 50# barbell for PLB the day before yesterday and probably set the healing back. I had thought I'd just try it, and if I didn't feel any pain, I'd continue. Now the injury feels worse. Next time I do PLB, I'll hold dumbbells at my sides, even if it means going down in weight. Yesterday I did 1/2 Imax 3 followed by light yoga. Today I'll probably do less intense cardio, maybe Seasun Ziegler's (or whatever her name is) Rock Steady Step. I tried it a couple weeks ago, thinking it would take me forever to catch onto the choreography, but it wasn't as hard as I thought and lots of fun!

Off to get kids ready for school and then to sell raffle tickets for the Y at the grocery store! Have a great day (and sorry for all the whining)!

No chins for me today - tomorrow. G'day to y'all anyway!

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Good morning chinsters-

Soooosan-sorry to hear about your set back. I've done the same thing also. I think I am going to look into Seasun's Dvd. See if anyone is selling it on Ebay. Sounds like I might like it.

I worked on chin yesterday so none for me today. Not much progress here but I'm happy I am still trying.

I have a Primary Election next week so I have been soooo busy with work.

Have a great day.

Joanne

O Sooooooooooooooosan I hope you get better quick:-( :-( That is terrible. See girl you shouldn't go that heavy when you know it might hurt and blahblahblah I sound like a mother}( }( My mother raised me well:D

HI Catherine! Hope everything goes good for you!!

Joanne- How many chin-ups can you do? just curious;-) Haven't talked to you much since i joined:-(

have a great day Sekcy Chinsters;-)

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

O DAHHH!!! Forgot to talk about my pull-ups and stuff. Derrrrr me:p
Tomorrow at the gym is chest,back,abs,and a jog. I will be doing pull-ups tomorrow for back. I might to one set pull up (widehanded) and one set close handed istead of both wide. I'll post tomorrow and tell you what I did

Work those chins!!!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hi loverly chinsters!

My workout today included eating oatmeal with fruit, picking up pizza and birthday cake, eating pizza and birthday cake...:p It's Mac's bday today.

I'll be back at w/o tomorrow and Tues or Weds next week I'll be doing back and will again attempt my chin negatives.

Sooooosan, behave yourself with those weights. I certainly hope it won't be much of a setback as I can commiserate.

Everyone remember, have some fun out there!:7

Wow Melody what an intense w/o}( }( }( Are you sweatin and cryin yet? I mean eating oatmeal and pizza and birthday OMG I would just die of the pain:p :p LOL

Have a great firday chinsters!!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri-

I'm still working on trying to do one. Sometimes it seems like I will never be able to do it but I'm going to keep on trying.

Have a good night.

Joanne

That's the spirit Joanne!! Keep up the hard work. Chinups ARE HARD!!! Do not sell yourself short. You are working hard just doing what you are doing!!

Adri, not sure if I want to hear your report tomorrow or not LOL!! JK.

Mel, wish your son happy birthday!! And be careful starting back. Ya know we've had so many injured lately,....

I am planning on restarting weights on Sunday. Haven't decided what to do yet. Hmmmmmm,..... something easy!!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Joanne- Great attitude you have!! Please oh please keep it up and never let it fade. I LOVE your attitude towards difficult things. Keep it up girl;-)

Chatherine- LOL. Well you know you don't have to talk to me. I know Soooooosan already doesn't:+ :+ ;) LOL!!

TGIF!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good morning, Chins! No workout for me today. We're off to Water Country USA, which we do every year the first Saturday after school starts. It's great because it's still usually hot enough and there are NO lines. Today's supposed to be 89 and mostly sunny - perfect! My DD6 has been talking about going all week.

Joanne, I got my Seasun DVD here for $10.89 plus free shipping: http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=seasun+zieger. I can't imagine ebay would be much less since you always pay shipping there.

HB - hi! Are you doing them today?

Catherine, how's your sciatica?

Melody, tell Mac happy birthday! How old is he?

Adri, you're amazing!

Briee, AWOL again!:p :p }(

Nah, I decided to do them tomorrow - my plan to do them 3 times a week was quickly scraped - I need that recovery time - must be my age?! Twice a week is plenty, so next week it will be Sunday and Wednesday. This past week I did Saturday and Tuesday.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

HB, it sounds like you are being smart. I wanted to do the three times a week thing too. But I noticed after two days of rest I was really sore after repeating my chins. I mean REALLY sore. I can deal with doms in the legs or elsewhere, but the upper back-UGH!!!

I think I'll do IMAX 2 today and modify where needed. Tomorrow is weights YIPPIE!!! **Crosses fingers**

Oh, Soooooooooooosan, the sciatica is practically gone (most of the time). So I will proceed with caution.

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Soooosan-Thanks for the link. I just ordered Seasun's Rock Steady DVD. Have fun at the water park. Our high today is only going to be about 65.

I'm going to work on the chins today. Tomorrow is the St. Paul Classic Bike Tour. DH and I do this ride every year. It is a lot of fun. About 6500 riders. It is not a real long ride, only about 31 miles. Looking forward to it.

Have a great Saturday.

Joanne

Hey Chinsters!!
Today is chest, back, abs, and did a 4.5 mile jog this morning for cardio. It is BEAUTIFUL here today!!! Had a great run this morning! I'll be doing pull-ups today for one of my back exercises. I'll probally do 1 set widehanded and one set close. Or wahtever I'll post it later when I do it. Hope you all have killer w/o today
}( }( ;-)

Joanne- Have a great bike ride!

Catherine, Soooooooosan, and everyone else here, have a great day!! Wheres has Janie been latley? Is she still at her dd house or something. Hope everything is ok;-)

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Sorry HoneyBunch:-( I NEW I missed someone. I'm so sorry. have a great day too girl;-)

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hi all!

I'm counting down til my back w/o on Weds!

I had to post and gasp at Joanne...31 miles, not a long ride!...:eek:

Enjoy the remainder of your weekends.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.