Chin-Up Check-In 1.3

Soosan

Cathlete
Hey all! I did B&G today (that is THE most awesome workout!) and am going to do an UB workout tomorrow at the Y with a friend. I'm going to use the assisted pull-up machine at a level where I hopefully won't get injured. We're going to try to work out there every week for a change of pace. I prefer to do my cardio and leg work with Cathe at home, though. I wish the Y had a good yoga class. Guess I'll continue with that at home as well.

Hope everyone's enjoying their day!:)

Hidey ho Soooooosan :) Great workout, gal! I have only tried a few of the leg exercises on B&G and it is already smarting. Oooch. I love the stability ball abs.

Chin ups are going fairly well. I try to do 15-20 in sets of 3-4 when I am at the gym. Loving it.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Debbie

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
--Family Guy

Hey ladies!!

Sooooooooooooosan, I love B&Gs!! I think I may do this Friday. Wait till tomorrow, you'll love it even more ;-)

Deb SHOW OFF :p :p :p ***mumbles to self jealousy is an ugly thing***

BTW I did (Briee isn't looking is she? OK) YOGA tonight. Eoin Finn pure and simple. It's the most basic you can get. A nice way to ease back into it.

How's everyone else doing.

Meeeelloooooodyyyyy, where are ya girl????

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Hey Deb! Nice to hear from you! You are so impressive with those chins! I bet Christmas was especially fun for you this year with your little guy. How old is he now?

Catherine, woo hoo on the yoga! Briee doesn't know what she's missing. I'm not too sore today from B&G, which surprises me, because I felt it afterward all day yesterday and thought I was really in for it today. I haven't done it in a couple weeks, but the first two times I did it, I was SO sore for 3 days. It is a uniquely challenging, well thought-out LB workout, don't you guys think?

Soooosan, Christmas was nice to spend w/ hubby and our little guy, thanks for asking :) Aiden will be 3 on 4/8. I can hardly believe it!

Debbie

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
--Family Guy

Soooosan-I love B & G too. I especially love the premix, I think it is called Leg Blast.

Debbie-Great job on those chins!

Catherine-I need to get some Yoga in soon. Haven't done it in a while.

Have a great day everyone.

Joanne

HI!

I am here, sorta, kinda. How's everyone doing?

I've managed to keep working out through the holidays and want to begin my chin attempts again. However, the ole neck is much better and I am askeered to begin.

Oh, and I've been skimping on yoga.:eek:

Joanne and Melody, don't give Briee the satisfaction of knowing you're slacking off on your yoga or I'll never hear the end of it.:p

>Catherine, woo hoo on the yoga! Briee doesn't know what she's missing.

Wrong wrong wrong...the problem is...I DO know what I'm missing. That's where the trouble beganx( x( x(

Joanne and Melody, I'll bet you feel stronger already (I'm quite certain it's lack of yoga :7 :7 :7 ).

My dh is in Mexico with number one son (were all hoping ds makes it back over the border without FBI detention :p :p ) and our "pet" cow decides to calve. Then kids and nephew get flu....AGAIN!! Feels like I've been running around putting out fires and haven't done anything else. I don't want the flu again.

But on the brighter side....a lady from our workout group calls me to ask if I know anything about beachbody.com. Says she ordered the P90X and saw great reviews. Says she can't wait and we are going to do the workout together as soon as it arrives....the whole 90 days as is (except I'm subbing in Cathe for cardio and kickbox). And the reason I'm sharing all this....because I'll be doing Yoga X again and I just knew that would make you happy in an evil kind of a way
}( }( :p :p :p .

Briee (I TOLD her about the P90X months ago, but she didn't listen to ME! Actually, it's a good thing she has several months of Cathe under her belt)

I wish someone would work out to videos with me! I do yoga with a friend once a week or so and that same friend and I are starting to do UB at the Y once a week, but it would be great to do an entire rotation with someone for 90 days.

I remember you kind of liking Yoga X a while back, Briee. Did Bryan Kest spoil it for you? (Just trying to get to the bottom of this irrational yoga aversion.:p)

Helloooooooooo! I'm back! I got side-tracked from my posting during the holiday period. I seem to maybe find enough time in a day to post to the P90Xers check in, then something else requires my attentions - kids, work, house, workouts....oh yeah, and some days I try to find time to sleep.

You guys are very funny. I concur with the glowing reviews on Butts & Gutts. When P90X is over, I'll be dusting that one off pretty quick. I only used it for about a month before starting P90X, and noticed changes even in that short time.

Briee, I know you don't want to hear this, but I'm in love with YogaX. But ya know, for the yoga-averse, YogaX must be torture! It's 93 minutes long, for heavens' sake! And he throws in all these push ups during the vinyasas that I swear I have never seen done in any other yoga workout. Have fun. Hee hee. What version of P90X are you going to be doing? What rotation have you already done? I also envy you your gang of Sweat-hogs. That would be fun.

Debbie, how long have you been able to do all these chin ups? I think you're amazing!

My good news (Catherine, cover your eyes) is that today.....I did 5 unassisted chin ups! Woohoo! I did P90X Legs & Back (just started Phase II), and for some reason this morning I had it fixed in my head with complete confidence that today was the day that I was going to do at least one unassisted chin up. Ha! I can cross that off my to-do list now.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Hi dahlings, I swear I read everything but all I can recall is that BRIEE WILL BE DOING YOGA X!!!!

Please pray that resumption of my normal but completley non-normal life will return...SOON!!

Sandra:
http://bestsmileys.com/kao/1.gif http://bestsmileys.com/kao/1.gif

Good for you!!! You are so right about it being a mental thing. Isn't it an amazing feeling? I remember my first one I didn't really believe I did it. Had to do another to proove it to myself LOL!!! I'm still hanging in there at 20 something total per workout. I just want to increase my number of reps in a set.

I did B&G leg blast premix yesterday. A bit of DOMS this morn, but not bad. I am gonna try LIC cardio premix today. This will be my first cardio for a week and a half. I hope my foot does ok **crosses fingers**

There sure has been a lot of yoga talk on here lately :p :p

Catherine

>(Just trying to get to the bottom of this irrational yoga aversion. )

Hmmmmmm let's see (Briee reclines on a long couch and closes eyes) I think it began when I was 3 and my mom went to take a yoga class at the YWCA and left me in childcare and I somehow got out of the room and they took me back to another room and I was sure that she would never find me again......and for many years I had to go through yoga-induced-separation-anxiety therapy, which as you know has NEVER truly cured anyone. I'll probably die from it one day and you'll never hear from me again. And on my grave will be written "here lies briee, she died from yoga." Just say NO.

Now seriously Sandra. The first time I did yoga was during my P90X rotation which I did for more than a year (with Cathe substitutions throughout towards the end). Yoga X was the hardest part of the rotation for me to complete. I LOVE pullups, pushups, cold hard steel, but that YogaX nearly killed my patience. Irritatingly....I LOVED the feeling when I completed it (still do I'm sure). Almost euphoric. I decided that I must "like" yoga because of that post yoga feeling. So I tried hard to fully experience yoga, be one with yoga, speak as the yogini's speak, live as a yogini, breattthhhheee (like once a day - you know, one deep breath and aspiration interspersed with an oooohhhhhmmmmmm), even signed my name on my cathe posts as Briiaaannnaaasaaannnaaaa - remember those days Sooooooooooooosannnnannnnsaaannaaa???. But then came the day when I cracked....mid crane I dropped on my head and subsequently smashed all my new DVD's (which Soosan had so sweetly helped me choose). I really must say that Soosan was a great encouragement through my yoga endeavor, Bobbi too, but I gave it my best shot and have to move on with my life. ;( ;( ;( ;( short sobs accompanying sad smiley guy. I'm a yoga failure and I must learn to live with it. But hey...on a good note, I did a set of 12 chins once from that rotation (or that may just have been a chinin site achievement :7 :7) and could as many as 68 chins/pulls (sets of 8-10) on a good day!!!! (but that was NOT from Yoga X mind you!!).

So there you have it. Yes....I will do the Yoga X, but don't expect me to like it :p :p .

Briee

Melody...I will pray for you if you will pray for me - same thing. Normal life is a thing of the past. I'm thinking we'll have the flu like forever. Can yoga cure the flu???????? If it can maybe we'll talk.

Briee (again)

Poor Briee, I didn't know you feel on your head during the crane (((((((HUGS))))))) Now, sending good fairy vibes to you and Mel's so that life can return to,... uh ? normal ? whatever that is.

I did LIC cardio only x 30 min today and no problems with my neuroma. I didn't want to over do it.

Wave hello to everyone else in chinup land!!

Catherine

Briee,

Praying for you sistah. Remember, normal is a totally relavent term; take for instance..."I am normal". What does this mean? I certainly do not know. I do know that I am a complete and total slacker for the past two days, as far as exercise but the house looks nice after Christmas clean-up.

Gosh, I am self-centered babbling. That is what happens when I have been away from this place too much. Funny, you crazy people help maintain my sanity. Love ya each and every one.

Sandra, am I understanding correctly that your goal was to do one unassisted chin-up, and when you finally decided to go for that one rep, you were able to do FIVE???? Five at one time??? If so, I am SO not speaking to you!:p :p

Catherine, how'd your foot do during LIC?

Briee, ah, now it's becoming clear. I'm sure you were never otherwise separated from your mother for any amount of time at that tender age. No wonder you can't tolerate yoga talk on this check-in. Any mention of it makes the old anxiety rear its ugly head. I suggest you write to Bryan Kest directly. No doubt he'll know a cure:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.