Chilly Melters! Thursday

Good morning melters. I tried to get back last evening, but didn't get home from my church meeting until after 10! Way past my bedtime. We were wrangling with financial issues. The cost of heating is killing our budget. Just like everyone elses.

Gosh, it's cold here this morning. It's in the 40's! B-r-r-r-r-r.

I ended up doing Step Blast after work yesterday. Love that workout! Tonight I'm getting a haircut and color. I'm hoping to do a NROWLFW workout when I get home from that.

I'm also pleased to say that my diet has been impecable over the last few days. I don't what happened, but I hope I can stick to it...

I'll try to get back later to see what's up today.

Hey..I think it's Wednesday, but I am half asleep~!

Good Morning Robin and all that follow...

I was up at 2:00 and have not gone back to sleep...not sure what is going on except life in general ....

BB later, I hope!

Tneah & Leanne and all that have the Providence DVD:

you mentioned it was more like weight training...can you explain how and compare it to Lauren's which is the only one I have? Thanks!

Deb

Robin! You're a bit too far ahead, girl! It's only Wednesday ;-) It's cold here too! Mrs. Cardinal is chirping at me from the feeder outside the window. Well done on the impeccable diet. Must be to balance me out, since I'm eating everything that's not nailed down.

Deb - life in general is enough, isn't it? How's your dad doing?

Hi,

Robin:
good job on the eating! way to go! BTW, I changed the resolution on my monitor ( through My Computer, settings etc) to 1024 X 768 which was recommended by SNM, and now I don;t have to scroll at the bottom to read the threads...the print is much smaller for these old eyes, but I can see all the smilies now! I was using that "thread Printer version which took all the fun out of it!

Shelly:
How great that Chris got up and ran with you this morning!

My Dad is ok...they put him on I.V anti-biotics and oxygen, then sent him home with anti-biotics...the problem with emphazema is that you don't ever just get a cold...you go from healthy to pneumonia...he had a slight case of pneumonia...thank god for those medic alert buttons..

Keegan is still having issues with UTI stuff...DH is calling the vet this morning to hopefully get some answers...

work sucks right now...nuff said

Deb

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, Shannon!

I had no idea it was your birthday, darling! How dare you keep that from your Meltie sistahs! ;)

I hope you have a great day and enjoy lots and lots of cake!

Hi Robin!!!

Hi Deb and Shelley.

did the Sand Dude this morning. Whew. It was hard. I cannot do hot potato with my 25 pound KB, or Turkish get-ups. Oh well, my other ones should be here in a few days.

Hi to all who follow

OMG, I didn't even realize that Robin's thread title says Thursday instead of Wednesday until I read Shelley's post! Oopss! I'm just glad it's not really Thursday cuz I'm in no mood to go to school tonight. ;)

I got up and did Muscle Max this morning. I barely had time to finish it since I woke up late but I managed to squeeze it all in. I couldn't decide what workout to do this morning. I sat in front of all my workout dvd's for way too long trying to choose and finally settled on MM. I actually started Step Blast and then turned it off! I was definetely in more of a weights mood today.

I'm not following any type of rotation this week--I'm just wingin' it. I don't know why. I haven't NOT done one of Cathe's rotations in months now. Well I usually pick one of hers and then loosely follow it but this week I'm not very organized....and I don't like it. I like knowing what I'm going to be doing and having a plan for the week. I missed my workouts on both Sunday and Monday so I felt kind of "off" for this week so decided to just play it by ear workout-wise. I'm totally babbling right now. Sorry.

Like Shelley, I'm eating absolutely anything and everything that's not nailed down lately. This is the worst my eating's been in, well, forever, I think. I have no self control. Ugh.

Ok, BBL. Sorry for the unorganized, rambling, self-absorbed post. Like I said, I'm really disorganized this week.....

Last edited:
I’m feeling rather exhausted and miserable. I’ll try to shorten the list of misery into a checklist:

• teeth hurt
  • headache
  • eye irritated
  • feel snotty (probably allergies)
  • teeth hurt (OK, yeah already mentioned that)
  • tired as kids woke me too early
  • can’t decide what to do for breakfast as South Beach Diet plus teeth hurting limits my choices

So, I’m trying to decide if I should postpone the diet until my teeth recover. It seems like bad planning on my part to start on an adjustment day. I have 4 weeks until the next adjustment, so if I re-started the diet next week, I could finish the 2-week strict phase 1 before the next adjustment. What do ya’ll think?

Did I mention my teeth hurt?

Robin, I too LOVE Step Blast—such a fun one. Even fun music. Good luck with the haircut and color. I’m dying for a haircut but have to wait for school to start in a couple weeks.

Deb, I hope your dad improves soon. My stepfather had emphysema so I know how bad that can be. I just said a prayer for him (rather than promising to pray for people, sometimes I am more honest if I go ahead and pray in the moment). I hope Keegan’s UTI issues are better soon, too.

Shelley, OK, I’m going to ruin the surprise and let you know I pre-ordered ASC3 for you when the preorder first started. It was ages ago now so it’s been hard keeping the secret. I decided to just let you know so you can be on the lookout after she sends it out. :)

Peggie, thanks for the kettlebell workout advice. I did like Lauren’s workout pretty well, though I wish she had better production values. So far I only did the short fat blasting segment plus I did the instructional part a couple times through. I thought she did a great job showing form and I managed to stop banging my wrist on the cleans thanks to her advice. She also looks so freakin’ young!

Allie, glad you don’t have to go to school today. :) I am sure you just need one of those weeks. Sometimes I think it’s best just to do what you’re in the mood for when you aren’t in the mood for a rotation plan.

Hello to all who follow and I do actually plan to come by later.

Good morning, Melters!

Robin - you know, that "Thursday" in the title didn't even register with me because, well, it sort of is my Thursday! I'm taking Friday off. :D It's 40 freakin' degrees at your place??? OH WOW! You are so lucky!!! Can I move in? Congrats on your diet and the great workout!

Deb - Ick! 2 a.m.? You poor thing. I'll bet you'll sleep well tonight!

Allie - Thanks for the b'day wishes, dearie! I'm not hiding anything... it's just no big deal, I guess. :p I think "winging it" is a good thing to do with your workouts for a while. Don't kill yourself with them, just go with the flow so you can enjoy what you do. See? You're listening to your body. Gosh, don't you just love that saying? ;)

Last night I did PUB. My back wasn't just entirely thrilled about it - I definitely felt some strain. But I made a few modifications, and once I was done, it felt fine. And it still feels fine this morning, so all is well.

We may not have a lovely 40 degrees here, but we're definitely enjoying some very non-August weather. RAIN! And for the past several days, it's been much, much cooler than normal, as in the 80s instead of the 90s and 100s. I'm just thrilled to pieces. :D Maybe we'll get lucky and have some snow this winter.

Oh Lainie, I'm so sorry you feel icky. I woke up with a headache YET AGAIN this morning. I'm not nauseous yet but I'm sure I will be as soon as I pop my antibiotic in a second. Ugh.

I was hoping I was wrong and Robin was right. But, nope. It's just Wednesday.

Okay, I've been doing pretty well all around generally for me. And the idea of a check-in to stay on track and keep the loneliness of the solitary exerciser at bay is a good one. But how do you folks keep up??? Between having to bill as many hours as possible at work, squeezing in workouts and all kinds of silly little home errand stuff, it's difficult to respond to everyone here. I guess maybe the key is to get in early when there are only a few posts?

Deb, I remember when I was a smoker, every cold meant bronchitis and sometimes pneumonia. What a way to live. I'm so lucky that my lungs seem to have recuperated in the last 12 smoke-free years. I can only imagine what your Dad goes through.

Shelley, again, I apologize for continually starting new games of Scramble, but I'm perverse in that I like to do things I'm bad at until, maybe, I become good at them. Or at least better. Anyway, I like playing games with you because it's so challenging.

Allison, I read your ramble and loved it. Keep on ramblin'!

The word on DT (DH): He had 2 short episodes of what may have been an arythmia (sp?) over the course of 2 months. During both he felt well enough to bike ride. We saw the cardiologist on Monday and he got hooked up to a monitor he had to wear for 24 hours. He couldn't shower and it was hard to sleep and he looked like Robby the Robot. He has another heart test coming up in early September, but I'm not too concerned. The cardiologist was grinning from ear to ear from DH's answers to his questions and saying things like "good!". Apparently, DH doesn't have any of the scary symptoms the doc was screening for. We'll know more in the next few weeks.

Ooops. Sorry for the novel.

Last edited:
Shelley! Wednesday?!?!? Are you sure?!?!?! Gosh, I'm a dingbat! How about making today Wedthursday? Check your PMs honey pie.

Nancy, yes, the key is post early and often. Those days when I get to busy to check back in frequently, I toss up my hands and skip most personals. I sure hope Mr Funnybeatingheartturnippants is OK. The friend we just visited in NC has weird heart stuff going on too. He had to wear one of those moniters. I guess the doctor decided his weirdness is OK weirdness though.

Lainie-figbug! Do your teeth hurt? Yeah, skip the diet and suck down a milkshake.

Hi Peggy. Missed your kitteness yesterday.

Shannon, happy birthday, friend! Enjoy the rain. I'd glady blow some coolness your way.

Dear Crazy, I wing it all the time. One of my reasons for not pre-ordering STS, besides the cost, was my inablility to stick to a rotation for more that a couple weeks. I'm glad it's only Wed for you, so you don't have to agonize over class tonight. Of course, you could start fussing about it a day early. I usually ruin Sunday evenings and the last day of vacation fussing about having to go back to work the next day. Bad, bad habit.

Deb, I'm glad to hear your Dad is OK. Emphysema is nasty. I'll try changing my settings at home. Folks would scream if I did it here at work.

Good morning Melters!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes for this day – I hope you do only things that make you happy. J And I hope it also involves CAKE of some sort. We are all so thankful you are part of this group. You have such a peace and calmness that you settle us down… J We need that. J HAPPY DAY!!!

Robin – Hey lady WTG on the eating!!! How’s the workout mojo? Suffering at all? The cool weather always invigorates me.

Deb – (((HUGS))) I hate that things are so stressed in your world right now. I wish I could make it better. L At least your dad is doing better, and they have him the medication he needs. Now we just have to get Keegan straightened out. Does he “seem” like he feels bad, or is it something he’s generally unaware of?

Hi Ms P. Glad to see you – ROCK star on the workout, woman! Go you!

Nancy – it *is* hard to keep up with everyone. Just do what you can – we like having you around. J Gonna go look for those products you mentioned. Anywhere special you get them? What’s DT? (sorry, a little slow this morning) Arrhythmias are fairly common, so we’re all hoping DTs arrhythmias are of the common variety. J

Allie-baby: Hey sugarlips. (as in, orange slices – LOL) Good for your workout this morning. Hang in there with those antibiotics – they’re almost done. GOOD GIRL for taking them all. You absolutely MUST. (right Robin? We don’t want any super bacteria cultivated)

Lainiebug – sorry that you’re feeling so bad! ((((HUGS)))) I’m in it with ya sister on the teeth thing. Except I imagine yours hurt WAY worse than mine. I just did my first adjustment this morning, and I go back in 10 weeks – not 4. I think you’re right to not worry so much about South Beach – right now just try to make healthy choices in as soft of a format as possible. You’ll be okay. (((HUGS)))

I JUST BOUGHT $97 WORTH OF CATHE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
greenstars.gif
bliss.gif

But before you call me a fool for spending that much on w/o stuff I don't need and already have but wanted to buy ONLY because it has the Cathe logo on it.....I HAD A CATHE.COM GIFT CARD!
Just_Cuz_13.gif
I bought the weighted vest, a new super cute pink stability ball, and the weighted gloves. All of which I already own (except for the weighted gloves--don't have those) but wanted because I'm obsessed with Cathe and want stuff with her name on it. What?
352nmsp.gif
hanghead.gif

And I didn't spend a single dime.
dancing1.gif

Jealous?
4chsmu1.gif

OMG, I just NOW noticed that Robin calls me "Crazy". As in, that's my name. I LOVE IT! Everyone calls me that, though. I wonder why?......
499kfok.gif

Lanie - Sorry I missed you! By all means, do what Robin says and suck down a milkshake. Sore teeth are truly the pits.

Nancy - thanks for the update on DT. I sure am glad he's okay. Don't worry about keeping up. Some days I just don't, simply because I don't fee like it. :) We won't fine you or give you demerits or anything. :D

Breckie - well..... I'm at work. So I'm not doing things that make me happy. :mad::p But I do get cake - my dear Mom brought me an entire blueberry coffee cake, just for me, last night. So I had some for breakfast.

Allie - yay for new Cathe stuff!!! I haven't even checked out the shop yet. Have fun with it!!!

za4.gif

Happy Birthday to Shannon!!!
2uge4p4.gif

Doing the "Shannon" b-day dance...eat, drink and be merry dear friend!!

Robin
, LOL about the Thursday thing, glad you are balancing out the rest of us with your stellar eating, cause boy, I sure could use an intervention right about now!:eek:

Shelley,Hope you start soon, the HUNGER starts to subside for me around day 2....

Lainie, oh dear, sore toofers on top of everything else? Please wait to start the diet plan after life has settled a bit...I would be living on yougurt right now if my teeth hurt.:confused:

Deb, Ok, Providence has the 1 minute rests, but the moves are more basic or "weight training like". He has you doing bicep/tricep type curls, etc...stuff like that, instead of more compound moves, although there are some. I did not sweat and feel winded like I do with Newport, but it was a nice challenge. How it compares to Laurens? Kinda the same, only longer.Poor Keegan, is he having trouble tinkling? Glad to hear dad is doing better too.

Allison,go with the flow, sometimes thats the best way to workout. I like structure too, but some weeks it just does not work like that and its okay. Get back to it next week!:D

Pegsters,See? Its hard huh?:eek: I was so looking forward to your thoughts, how do you think it compares to Laurens??

I am up, but with I was still sleeping, Georgie is up and barking his fool head off this morning...there are two other canines right next to us in another boat, so they get it going in the morning..too much for me to handle this early.:confused: I did Providence last night, was gonna wait but no workout today as this is the "bad" AF day, I mean BAD. Ugh and yuk. We also have a zillion people working on stuff on the boat today, I feel like taking George and checking into the marina's hotel for the day...DH is in Salt Lake filming a commercial...will be home tomorrow...

I totally missed Breckie and Nancy of course, trying to make my post all cute and stuff.

Breckie, so what is the story on your sore ribs???:(

Nancy, don't sweat it, its hard to keep up and we will not be offended in the least if you do not. Hardly any of us do! My own DH has mitral valve prolapse...interesting, he takes meds for it. Anything to do with the heart is scary, but it sounds like everything is cool with your hubby. I used to get heart palps pretty bad and wore a monitor too, turned out to be nothing, I just get that stress thing going and pitter patter....

Alli, yippeee for new Cathe stuff!!:p

Popping back in to say - YAY on Allie's new toys! and
HI HI HI HI HI Tneah! Sorry you have to deal with AF, that beeyotch, today. And with people around, and not being able to um - dispose properly? Sheesh woman! I think a hotel DOES sound good.

BBL - must.run.errands.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.