::: CHI-TAHS ::: Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :) :) :)

Today will be a run + MM U/B Push/Pull premix and the Amy Bento's abs, which I didn't get to yesterday.

Good luck in your 10K, Jackie!! Looking forward to your race report.

Amy :: no worries ~ there'll be plenty of 5Ks through the fall to choose from when you get back on track.

Susan :: mmm, burritos. :) I seem to go through short-lived phases where I do very well with eating and slightly longer stretches of wild abandon. The WW thread on the open forum has actually got me thinking about that as an option. Maybe I need a little more structure, and paying for that service might help...How is your friend doing?

Well, ladies, enjoy your Sunday!

Back from my run. Did 4.5 miles today but felt a little sluggish again, so I'm going to split up my w/out and do the abs & u/b after I recharge a bit. Would rather be able to bring it than give a half-hearted effort. Am sitting here drinking an ice-cold glass of skim milk. Yummm.

Wendy :: I forgot to answer your question about training for the half. I'm leaning toward the bridge 10K at this point, so I'm definitely working on building up the mileage some. But at this point, I'm not putting any real pressure on myself. The new certification process I've begun is going to get real demanding real soon, so my primary goal is to stay active and just keep burning the fat!

Shelly :: how was your HM?

Kristi :: Wondering if you made a decision about WW. I think I might join, too.

I bought a new pair of Lucky jeans yesterday (one size smaller, yay!)and realized when I got home that the bottoms are all frayed. How I did not notice this when I tried them on, I have no idea. So I need to exchange them today. Random thought.

Where are the rest of you cheetah babes today?

Good morning cheetahs! I've been MIA for a bit I'm afraid. Just crazy busy. I had an exhausting week and not enough rest so I decided to skip the HM I had been contemplating. That would have made my racing schedule a bit too intense and I don't want to injure myself! Been there done that ;-) There is a 5k next weekend I've never done so I might go for that one... we'll see! Instead yesterday I went for my normal long run... a very relaxed pace 16 miles. After that I did a major cleanmax on the house since DH was returning with his friend and we were having others over for dinner.
Well, DH and his buddies got all distracted at the gun show (no surprise) and were late coming so I ended up cooking HIS paella dish!
Anyway, it was a hit (neener neener to my DH) and everyone had a good time. Needless to say I was exhausted last night and slept like a rock!

It's back to work again for a long stretch I'm afraid :( For today I'll be doing AllBody Attack and 40 minutes on the EXT.
I'll come back for personals!

ShellyC

Hello again! Time for some catching up with personals:)

Cathy- Good morning! It's a pretty slow start here even for a Sunday! You got in some great runs this weekend! Pat yourself good there on the back:) I did the PP x 2 premix for UB a few days ago...Great workout! How do you like your Amy Bento dvd? Do you have any others of hers? Personally, I really like her workouts.

Wendy- Awesome job on the 8 miles yesterday!!!!! It won't be long before you are hitting the BIG 10:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's always a big milestone of accomplishment. You will absolutely LOVE AllBody Attack. Got to warn ya though it is a real booty kicker... and this coming from yours truly, crazy Shelly! Save it for a day you have lots of energy!

Christine- I was so happy to hear about your one on one with your boss. Sounded very enouraging to me and you approached it just right. VERY very professional of you which is more than I can say for that VP! I do hope your boss carries through for you. Keep us posted! You've really turned into quite the running nut lately!
I guess having Jimmy along would be encouraging! I've been contemplating taking Spanky, my pit bull along with me on some short easy runs. She has such HIGH energy I'm hoping it'll calm her down a tad. What do you think? A BIG congrats on your 5 lb weight loss. So far this new workout plan of yours is really paying off!

Jackie- Welcome back!!! We missed you :) :) :) I sympathize with you on all the catch up chores you have :eek: Best of luck to you on your 10k!!

Amy- My goodness you are WAY too hard on yourself there girl! You had a hectic travel filled summer and went right into an intense LONG work schedule. Cut yourself a little slack and work out when you can... you'll get your "groove" back! Don't blame you for opting out of a race you weren't ready for... I just did the same thing myself!!!

Susan- I'm so happy to hear that you are running regularly and staying healthy!! What's your opinion of the Chi running technique so far?

Time to get moving here. I hear DH up and moving around now but I think our houseguest is still sleeping. Well, I'll go to the basement and try to work out quietly;-)

ShellyC

HI Cheetahs-

I wrote a great personal post yesterday and it did not show up. Then it was time to move on for the day so I did not rewrite it.

We are still in Lake Las Vegas. I have been getting my workouts done. Today is supposed to be a short run, but after Jay Leno last night and the taxi ride back to the hotel, we went to sleep at our usual NY wake up time. Of course I'm up any way now. I may try to get in a slow 3-4 mile run. I had planned to do bis and tris and shoulders too. I'm not sure about that.

Cathy- it is slow around here this morning. Great job on getting in that 4.5 mile run early! Lucky Jeans are fantastic! DD convinced me to a pair in NY and not to size up. They are the best fit EVER.

Christine- Your approach to running with yoga and no wieghts sounnds do able. Yoga does have many UB weight bearing poses. I am interested in updating my yoga DVD's Can you make recomendations? I would love to find a class that works for my schedule, but I haven't been able to do it yet.

Wendy- Just keep both dresses!

Kristi- I did WW in '98-'99 ( lifetime member status and at goal weight) and it was a good plan then.
The program helped in learning portion control. However the counselors are not well trained IMO. Take their advice with a grain of salt and do your own research.

Susan- The Chi Running method is working for you? There has been a learning curve involved for me, and it is helpful.

Where is Carole today? Are you planning to watch footbal today ?
Hi Marcia and Jackie?

Shelly - Are we going to read your race report soon?!

PS~ I finished Harry Potter 7 ! I am now reading Augusten Burroughs's book DRY. Has anyone read his books?

Edit: Hi Shelly we posted at the same time! You were wise to reconsider the HM and stay safe, but running 16 miles was still a big WO day especialy with 'clean max' and 'cook max' added on!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

Hi Cheetahs!

Quick post as I have to go to a Bocce Tournament today (it's a charity event). Then I have to take DD14 to the Humane Society as she won a position as a member of the Youth Adivsory Board. We figured it would be a great volunteer project for her as she wants to work with animals.

Did Rodney Yee's Power Yoga Total Body. I really enjoyed it, actually. Which kind of surprises me. I managed the whole thing without getting too fidgety. :+

Jackie - GO GIRL GO!!!!

Shelly - thanks. We'll see what happens at work. I think taking Spanky for short runs would be wonderful for him and would definitely help with his hyperness. A tired dog is a good dog. :p

Judy - I'm just figuring out the yoga, too. I do like Baron Baptiste's Long and Lean. I also like the one I did today - Power Yoga Total Body by Rodney Yee. I like his Yoga for Athletes, too as it's more of a stretching and re-centering of the body than power yoga. Susan is the one to ask - she's the yoga queen of the boards.

Well, must run - I'm already late and I have no idea what I'm wearing. DD14 is coming with me and looks adorable! So I have to get dressed!

Hey guys! I have yet to go and read yesterday's and today's posts still.

I just wanted to come and share my enthusiasm (sp????) and cheer! LOL My team Relay Marathon this morning was AWESOME! I had SOOOOOO much fun! It was just plain FUN! I'm uploading pics today and tonight, so I'll be able to share them tomorrow! It was FUN! WOO HOO! In a nutshell (I'll try, anyway):

I ran the first leg, 6.5 miles. The weather was PERFECT for running! I was aiming for a 10:00 mile, nice and easy and relaxing, because I wasn't sure how my PF would feel! I finished in 59:34, and I was happy with that. My foot felt AWESOME the whole way and when I tagged my teammate, I felt like I could just go and go!

Leg 2 was Gary, my friend's DH. He had around 5 miles and he fought off knee pain at his mile 3 and finished strong.

Leg 3 was Jeanie, who just had breast reduction done from a DD to a B cup, about 6 weeks ago. She hasn't even been released for running yet, so we were worried about her. Her leg had a mile-long hill, but she conquered it and came in with an average 10:30 mile.

Leg 4 was Chris, Jeanie's DH and he simply RAN! LOL He had about 5 miles and finished in around 45:00. He's tall and has long legs, so he helped our time out! LOL

Leg 5 was Debbie, my friend. She had the last and shortest leg of 4+ miles, and was planning on speed walking. But when Chris tagged her, she took off running and ran 3/4 of her leg in the hottest part of this race!!!! She crossed the finish line red-faced, logging our team time at 4:38:15!!!

WE ROCKED!!!!!!!! It was GORGEOUS out and SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait for you to see our team pics! Jeanie and Chris' DD made tie-dyed team shirts, and they were awesome too! I'll share the pics tomorrow!

THANKS for letting me ramble and brag a bit about my team! THEY WERE AWESOME!

Gayle

Shelly :: The expression "neener neener" just cracks me up. I hadn't heard it before Carole used it on the RT...Hope you're feeling well-rested again after such an exhausting week!...I will tackle the Bento DVD later this afternoon and will let you know what I think. I received this one along with her 10 Min. Solutions workout and have yet to try them. But based on the comments from cheetahs about Bento in general, I expect both will be good.

Judy :: I agree about the Lucky jeans. I never thought I'd pay that much for a pair of jeans, but I think it's worth it when you find a pair that fits well and makes you feel good. Plus, I wear them all the time. Which style do you wear?...I have read Running with Scissors by Burroughs and found it way out there & hilarious. What do you think of Dry? Hope you enjoy the rest of your time out there in Vegas. I think Carole was/is away this weekend for a HS get-together.

Christine :: I do not have the Yee Power Yoga one, but I know Gayle has said good things about it. I agree about the Yoga for Athletes. It sounds like we are looking for the same thing. I'd love to find about a 30-minute program that gives a good overall stretch. Have fun at the bocce event!

ETA: Whoopsies! Gayle :: your post snuck in there. Congrats on such a stellar individual and team finish!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/bravo-009.gif I'm glad it didn't rain, but it sure is hot out there...Looking forward to the pics. Your descriptions were too funny.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Hello Cheetahs!

Cathy - The internet is beginning to be a big PIA. I'll only run on Saturdays outside in the a.m. All other days will be on my treadmill because I usually start my workout at 4:30. Nice job on your run today. So, do you get a better fit with Lucky jeans? I have heard great things about them but have never tried on a pair.

Amy - Think you did the right thing by not racing if you didn't feel ready for it. There will be others.

Shelly - Another good decision about not doing your race. Great job on the 16 miles with no pressure. Saw a lady on a white motorcycle while I was in Chicago and I thought about you. She was riding down the expressway solo. I thought she looked so cool.

Judy - Sounds like a fun vacation for you. Hope you can squeeze your run in.

Christine - How was the tournament? Congratulations to DD for winning a spot on the advisory committee! I know mom can offer her some words of wisdom too.

Gayle - Congratulations to your relay team! Great job! Glad you had so much fun! You deserve to brag girl!

I left home before the crack of dawn this morning. It was raining. Thought not a good sign. The closer I got to Memphis the drier it was. Thinking it would be a good morning for a run. About 5 minutes before start, the rain came down and it rained the entire race. It was cooler but I didn't like running in the rain. The course was really hilly. My hamstrings started hurting and around mile 4 I felt a little nauseous. But, I finished the race. My time was 1:03:19 and I'm happy with that. I was talking to a couple of the ladies and they told me I haven't seen anything yet. The 10 mile course has hills that made these look like a slight incline. I think I'm scared. At any rate, the course this morning was beautiful. You could see the Bisons (they still look like buffalo to me). It also had a nice little lake with geese and ducks. I get to do this again in two weeks. For everyone that signed up for the entire race series, we got a nice little running shirt. I am so tired and my feet hurt. I'm hoping I don't end up with a cold from being drenched in the rain two days in a row. At least my grass is happy.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jackie

Jackie :: Whoo, rough race -- and in the pouring rain, too. Good job, champ!!!...Yes, I think Lucky jeans fit great - very flattering. I wear the Easy Rider style, which is generous in the hip but fits slim in the waist.

I just did one of the abs workout from Amy Bento's Abs & Stretch. It was about 15 minutes long. Decent ab workout. There are two ab workouts and two stretch routines on this DVD. I believe each is about 15-20 minutes long. The ab workout I did used light weights and a mat. The other one looked to have mostly plank work along with some stability ball work. She used weights for a couple of moves in that segment. I could see combining the two for a more thorough ab workout. I didn't preview both stretch routines but will probably do one tomorrow.

Since I still have schoolwork to do, I opted to try her arms & shoulders from her 10 Min. Solutions DVD rather than the MM premix. This would be used only on days when I am time-crunched or as add-ons as it was not much of a challenge at all. However, the other segments I very briefly previewed look to have some interesting, unique moves. All of them use a green band, which comes with the DVD.

OK, I gotta get back to work! This weekend just flew. Have a great night, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.