:::CHEETAHS:::work it out wednesday

Hello cheetahs,

lorie- ugh, sorry about the early morning meeting. what workout are you doing?

lori- i am hoping you are right about the boy thing. i am sure your dd will be just fine.

christine- i am so so sorry to hear about poor jimmy. how is he doing today?? oh btw- i bought anthony's kettlebell clinic yesterday. ok i think i am done...;o)

wendy- thanks for understanding. whew- (wipes brow)

dallas- www.ttmembers.com.

thanks to all re: the compliments about my new class!!

today's workout is itread 30 min sprints and my TT workout of the day.

hello to all you wonderful ladies. sorry no more time for personals. yesterday i went shopping at kohls to pick up some items for a trip to palm springs, ca this weekend. me and dh are leaving on friday evening. this evening my time will be spent writing up 32 valentines day cards...:eek:

Good morning, cheetahs!

I did read yesterday's posts, but I also don't have time for full personals this AM, sorry! I crashed last night. Seems my tank is on E in the evenings lately, so I'm gonna have to just make the AM workout thing happen. Which is what I did today: I made up 4DS CST & 20 min on the EXT. Would have gone longer if I had more time, but I need to get ready for work.

Big ups to Sunny on the success you're enjoying!

Shelly :: sorry the house fell through! And BTW, you never sound like you're whining about work. Not everything is positive all the time. Just how it is.

Dallas :: Oh, I should have said re: the Bosu...on certain moves, like when your feet are in the air, I go *much* slower...and also I can't always hang through all the reps. Sometimes I fall off, too. :)

Wendy :: hope you're feeling better!

Kristi :: sorry about DS...hope he's recovering from the hives breakout.

OK, I will catch up with the rest of you fine ladies later this afternoon - promise! :7

Oh BTW, my meeting wasn't cancelled (luckily, our wintry mix wasn't too bad for the commute home) and the good news is...my message boards were approved. Yeehaw!!!!!

Have a great day!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Not sure what todays workout is but i thought I would chime in anyway. I don't think I am ready for another round of weights yet b/c my tri's are still sore.LOL But I could end up doing a circuit workout.

Lorie** I think if I had meetings first thing in the morning, I would Miss Lazy Magee! I wouldn't be able to move for the rest of the day. I have an awful attention span!I pick my nails alot when I am bored and thats what I would be doing.:7

Sunny** Oh your trip sounds awesome! Its so frick'in cold here! When I am at work, depending on which way the wind is blowing,this place is freezing! Sometimes when I take my nap I have two sweaters on a blanket! LOL

Cathy** Workouts come first! hehe Get that done, then check in. It is alot to catch up on, I will admit that.

BBL girls! Not sure when. Gonna go have a little nap when I get home and then I am usually up again at 10:30.By the time I pick DS up and get everyones lunch, it will be time to get my bummy in gear for a workout!

Lori:)

Cathy** Oh...you already ahev your workout done? I thought that you couldn't finish persoannls cause you wanted to get your workout in! LOL

I have a funny question for you guys.Something "boy" like. I have been eating Steel Cut Oats for about a week now with a banana on it. And lately, I have had ALOT of GAS!:eek: :7 I mean...ALOT! Its more so in the night time and I was trying to figure out what it could be. I dont eat the samething everyday so I can't blame it on my diet but Ive been eating oats everyday. Thats the only thing in my day that is consistent.I will get a bad belly after dinner and then look out:eek: for the rest of the night its like a thunder storm rolled in! LMAO!:7 :7 :7 }( As this happened to anyone else or am I just getting irritable bowels or something?

Hi Cheetahs

I never made it to post yesterday. It was just one of those days.
DD leaves for Peru on Friday with her Spanish class and there is a lot of loose ends to take care of amoung other things. I won't bore us though.

I did get in a 7 mile interval run with Grace yesterday (iTread #24 run intervals) I added some gradual increase in speed and steady state to get in 7 miles in 67:50. Next week the recovery week will really be needed, as I am starting to dread the workouts. As we all know that is a sure sign of needing to back off. Today will be PLB and a 3-4 mile slow run. The weather is still not cooperating for outdoor runs ( wind chills of zero or below, followed by a warm up of heavy sleeting snow )

Shelly- I am sorry the house was snatched up before you could get to it. That ca be so disappointing! I missed mention of marathon plans. Have you tabled it due to the big move?

Christine- How is Jimmy today? prr baby!

Lori- Re: gas pain. Have you increased your fiber to a large amount in a small time frame? Sometimes there can be an 'adjustment period' for your GI system. I find when I put yogurt (no artificial sweeteners though) back into my food choices, I do better with my stomach issues. Artificial sweeteners can wreak havoc on GI systems also....sorry about DD growing up too fast. Keep her away from those older kids IMO

Dallas- I prefer to use a (lo fat) tofu as a protein source for smoothie recovery drinks. It blends well with fruit and NF yogurt and ground flax. For post workout smoothies I like to use Mori-Nu Silken Light Tofu. I have used a protein powder too, but I try to keep to more whole foods.

Kristi- I hope DS and your dog are doing better!

Sunny- Are you going alone with DH to Palm springs? have a great time!

OK, GTG get kids ready for school and make lunches. Ta Ta

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good Morning Girls.

It's a nasty mess outside. I wish I didn't have to go to work...UGH!x( I hope I don't break my neck trying to get myself and DS to the car. I am HOPING all of the rain washes away the slippery stuff before I have to head out. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!:)

Today I have Upper+ and Abs/Core+ on tap. Since I missed a few work outs this week I think it's a good time to add on to my work out and try Tracey's K/B work out that I just got so that's my plan. I'll probably do about 30 mins of it after the X work outs are done. :)

I'm also thinking of taking Core Syn out this week (friday) and putting in Tom Holland's full body work out that I just got. This way I get to try it AND I will be making up for the fact that I missed TB+ on Sunday. Yeah, I could do TB+ but with a brand new, never done work out just SITTING there, I don't think that will happen.;) LOL As you can see, I plan to take full advantage of an already flubbed-up week. }(

Sunny: WHOA! NICE Valentine's day plans there girl! What will you do while in Cali? :) I admit I'm a little disappointed that I've lost my X+ partner but I understand...after all, I AM the OFFICIAL indecisive cheetah, right? ;)

Cathy: Good job getting up and getting your work out done this morning! I have such a problem doing that! LOL I get up and like to lolligag around with my coffee for waaay too long! LOL Congrats on getting the msg board approval! That's awesome! How long will it take for that to get set up for use? I'm glad to hear you are allowing yourself a bit more down time. You need it! I was watching the weather before...It's not even supposed to hit 30 degrees on saturday for my ski trip! YIKES...I'm gonna be COOOOOOLD!:eek:

Lori: So any update on that weight gain you were worried about???

Christine: YAY for the 4 day weekend! Your company definately sounds kewl. Lucky girl. What will you do with your free day? Thanks for the vote of confidence re being able to handle the race amidst the X+ rotation. Now I need to know which one to sign up for? I am thinking the FLAT 10 miler myself!

Judy: Yeah, sounds like you need some recovery time. Enjoy it!

Good Morning Ladies!

Today is Slo Mo Chest and Arms, abs and a run with my new shoes! I’m so excited! Although I can’t take Jimmy with me this time – he’s still not 100%. Poor guy. I’ll let him rest. He will come into the office with me this morning again, though. I have discovered that I have difficulty eating vegetarian and heavy lifting. Carole – how do you do it? I’m soo hungry all the time, even when I do get protein in. I’m going to do more endurance lifting through Easter after today – I do want to round out my rotation, although I’m considering a 4DS sub instead. I don’t like the arm work in Slo Mo that much.

Lorie – Oh, I’m sorry to hear you have ANOTHER early meeting! Ick!

Sunny – Thanks (re: Jimmy). So, how many kettlebells do you have and what weights? I really want to get two more for now – I think I can get away with 2 20 pounders. Let me know which ones are your favorites! Oh, this is the weekend you’re going to Palm Springs! How exciting!

Cathy – Good job on the morning workout! Glad to hear your message boards were approved!!!! Too bad you don’t have a snow day, today though – sounds like you could use one! And as we’ve said before – post when you can. You’re so busy - we absolutely understand.

Lori – have fun with whatever workout you choose! Hope you stay warm! Enjoy your nap! Do you work tonight? Glad to hear you have a normal weekend off! Sorry about the gas – how embarrassing! If the gas has just developed with the onset with the Steel Cut Oats – it is most likely those. More fiber! It’s probably just your body breaking them down and if you wait another week it’ll probably go away – IF your can wait another week!

Judy – oh how exciting for DD!! How are you with the trip? Jimmy ate a bit yesterday, but he’s still not 100%. If he doesn’t perk up today, I’ll call the vet again. Thanks for asking.

Wendy – oh I’m sorry you have to work today in that mess!! I have fingers and toes crossed! I’m glad you’re feeling better! I say go for the flat 10 miler – that one sounds like a good start to the racing season! I have a HILLY 10 miler myself coming up end of April, which is what I’m starting training for now. On Friday I’ll be going for a nice long trail run (walking the steep hills when I cannot run them). I hope Jimmy is recovered enough to be company otherwise it might be a street run – I don’t like to run without him on those trails as they are not heavily used.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning ladies! We woke up to about an inch of snow and lots of ice. The commute was interesting to say the least, but we took our time and made it to our destination without incident. Today’s workout will be GS Legs and a hill run, probably itread 15. That one works my legs good.

Christine – I'm glad Jimmy is feeling better. Thanks for all of your advice. Sadie will be 8 in June. DH says there is a small spot on her back leg that is a little tender but it isn’t hurting her. As of this morning Sadie is still not jumping up on the couch or bed. I plan to take her to the vet on Saturday if she is not better. Chelsea is doing much better. However, she still has a little ways to go. Her and Sadie are not buddies by any stretch of the imagination. Sadie tolerates her for the most part but avoids being near her 90% of the time. I figured since it has been almost 6 months they would be comfortable with each other. However, Chelsea is loved by my DD. She is always hugging her and trying to ride her like a horse. Chelsea loves it because she was starved for attention. She constantly wants to be petted. Chelsea has even made “friends” with our neighbors. She walked right into one neighbor’s house and jumped into another’s truck as he was starting to get in to go to work. LOL Luckily, everyone was so nice. I apologized profusely. She slipped out the door before I could grab her, which doesn’t happen often at all.

Cathy – Great job on getting in your workout this morning. Congrats on your message boards being approved. DS is much better. By Saturday it was as if he never had hives.

Sunny – Enjoy your trip! I made out 60 Valentine cards for both DS and DD’s classes.

Lorie – Sorry to hear about another early morning meeting. That stinks! What workout did you do?

Lori – Have fun doing your circuit workout today! I’ve only had steel cut oats once so I can’t chime in on the gas part. Sorry!

Judy – Great run yesterday! I hope your DD has a great time in Peru.

Wendy – I hope you have a safe drive to work this morning. Re: which race to do, I think either one looks great. You are one fit cheetah and can do anything you put your mind too. My 10 miler is March 29. I’m glad you are feeling better.

WAVES to all my cheetah friends! I’ll BBL.

Good morning cheetahs

Sunny..Have a great time in Palm Springs. The weather should be beautiful. Wave to my MIL....:)

Cathy...so happy the message boards were approved. Good job with 4DS CST and your EXT workout.

Lori...LOL about the gas. I have had that problem awhile and have not changed my diet. I thought mine was something menopausal...? I told my DH it is only when he comes home that I start, as my gas is only in the evening after I eat too...:)...or I tell him it is payback for the last 27 years...:D

Judy...good job on the 7 miles. Glad you are listening to your body and know you need some recovery time.

Wendy...nice leg torture yesterday. Glad you are feeling better. Those races look fun. I think you could pull of either while doing P90X. Enjoy your Upper body and core workout. I will be curious how you like Tracey's KB.

Christine...Woo Hoo for the 4 day weekend! That is cool being rated in the top 5 from CNN!! Thank you so much for your prayers for John. I cannot imagine how tough it is daily for my sister. She so wants to fix him...I hope the counseling benefits them all. Doing about anything yesterday was tough. The worst DOMS I have had in awhile!! Glad Jimmy is eating again. As you have switched to vegetarian has your protein intake gone down? That could be why you are having some trouble. I did decline my protein intake gradually but rarely had trouble lifting heavy. Or you might just have to eat more food.

Lorie...sounds like you enjoyed the circus circuit. I am thinking my hip pain might be more ITB related so I am trying hard this week to avoid anything that might aggravate it.

Jackie...wow, this was killer DOMS! Thank you for your thoughts on John. Sorry about the hams and glutes hampering your run.

Shelly...sorry about work being so draining. Maybe the move will find you a less draining position! Good job with the iTread and ME. Sorry also about the house falling through. I bet you will find even a better one...:)...My run challenging...OMG you have no idea!!! I had DOMS the entire day...

Kristi...wow, you have been through a lot the last week. Glad DS's hives cleared up. Our cold weather has gone for awhile. Be careful out in that cold wet mess. Thank you for your thoughts on John. I do hope the counseling helps all of them. I hope Sadie is all right. I have had dogs in the past that did not get along well. It is kinda sad...

Dallas..not sure about DOMS building up...It was just bizarre as I don't think I had had this much DOMS from B&G before!! Still have some but not nearly as bad as yesterday. I think the last time I did freestyle I did have a sore 1st week. Even though you are lifting everyday the weight is much lighter. Good job on the TM run and GS workout yesterday. I use a whey protein powder I get at my local health food store. I have a smoothie every morning after my workout.

Today will be freestyle exercises from the book (I still have some DOMS!) standing core work and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Shelly - Sorry work has been so draining for you. That says a lot coming from you. Hope your next job is much better for you. What a workout for you woman! Sorry you and DH missed out on that perfect house. ((((HUGS)))) That must mean another perfect one is out there for you. Another one will come your way in no time. Maybe my soreness came from my run Saturday because I had a rest day after that. That would be a 3 day delay. OUCH!

Kristi - Sorry to hear about DS and viral hives. Poor baby. Glad they're all gone.

Dallas - Are you snowed in? No, not finished yet with picking everything for the house. Picked up bath and kitchen faucets Monday. Still need to pick the toilets, sinks, granite counter tops, lighting fixtures and crown molding. I think I have all of the paint colors covered. I am getting a little help from an interior designer, thank goodness. Like the jump rope but don't want to spend the $$$ either.

Wendy - Glad the workout made you feel better. I know how you must feel not being able to work out. I'd feel a little antsy too. I vote for the 10 miler. I'm always afraid of overdoing it with P90X since my bout with the flu from adding too much in with the workouts. Be careful going to and from work.

Christine - Yay for the 4 day weekend. I love holidays that fall on Monday. Congratulations to your company for being in the top 5!! Enjoy your workout. I'm sorry Jimmy is still not 100%.

Lori - Glad you were able to get your 5 miles in. Sometimes it's hard pulling those runs off when your mind and body are not into it.

Lorie - Sorry you have another early meeting.

Sunny - Sounds like a wonderful weekend ahead for you and DH. Hope you have lots of fun. Have fun with the valetine cards.

Cathy - You have been going pretty strong and I can see why you would want to crash when you get home in the evenings. Hope you can adjust to the morning workouts. Congrats on the message board being approved.

Judy - Is DD excited about her trip? Sounds like fun. It does sound like the recovery week couldn't come too soon for you.

Carole - Hope the DOMS gets better. I thought about you and your hip when I was doing the floor work from PLB. I was careful with the legs raises. Enjoy your workout.

I changed my leg day to today and will do S&A on Friday. I subbed PLB up premix for P90X Legs and kept the chin up/pull ups in. I alternated between the two. Worked well. Finished with ARX. Decided to go ahead and do legs today so that having sore legs wouldn't interfere with my run on Saturday.

Happy Hump Day! 2 more days until the weekend! Yippee!!

Jackie

Morning Ladies!

Drive by post here....so far I did GS-C&T and Bosu Blast abs. I'm getting ready to head to the stairs. If I don't make it back you know I've turned into a human popsicle. LOL! :7 I'll catch up with the personals when I return. Ds has a little V-Day show at his preschool! So, it will be after that too. :)

Have great workouts and days!

~TTFN

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

Jackie- makes sens to get the soreness out of the way early if it doesn't linger too long

Carole- What did you do to get such massive DOMS? Is it getting acclimated to the freestyle again? I am sorry to read about john having bedsores. Lets hoep the counseling will help them all. I am reminded of Jim Mclaren, the (double) accident victim in Cardio Coach Press Play production. He is so very inspirational. But I think there is a time for acceptance....

Christine- I am fine with DD16 traveling to Peru. She went to China in summer of 06 for 3 weeks and did very well despite coming home 2 days late, because of a typhoon, and losing her luggage!

We also had a Spanish exchange student stay with us last summer, who was less than ideal. DD16 learned some lessons from that experience. I expect she will be mindful of her host family.

Ok PLB is done. Yikes! I forgot how difficult those outer thigh leg lifts on the SB can be. I will do my run later since I just ate breakfast. Now it is off do some (neverending)house chores....

Wendy- I am glad you are feeling better, but did you survive the messy commute into work?

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good morning cheetahs. I'm in a better frame of mind this morning. However, it is back to work tonight:( DH and I have decided to change our strategy re: relocation. It is too frustrating and difficult to search for houses long distance. It will take some time and we really need to be there! It's way too difficult trying to find a rental with our dogs and cats also. Fortunately, my MIL and FIL own a house on the Jersey Shore that they rarely use now
so we've decided to start the process and move out there as soon as we can. I will work for a nurses travellers agency there in the meantime and earn beaucoup bucks:) It'll be alot easier shopping for a home in Pa from there... about a 4 hr drive. I'll be a busy cheetah indeed in the next couple of months getting my current house ready for the market and preparing to move.

Yesterday I got in a good stress relieving TM run- did 6 miles. Instead of ME I ended up doing Viper.

For today it'll be more of a fun cardio day. I'll be doing the KPC/L&G circuit and KCMs step boxing.

I'll be back for personals.

ShellyC

Back for Personals:) :D

Kristi- How is your DS today? All the hives gone yet? Do you know what it is he reacted to? Poor little guy!! Glad you made it into work today without incident... sounds like you've been dealing with some incredibly erratic weather. It's pretty amazing I think you manage to get in the workouts with your schedule.

Dallas- YOu are indeed one TOUGH cheetah to be heading out to climb your stairs!!! Hope it wont take too long for you to thaw!
Cant really recommend a recovery drink. I'm with Judy in that I prefer real solid food.

Wendy- I'm quite confident in your ability to deal with either of those two races you mentioned. Having driven around in your area where you live I'm a tad puzzled though.... I don't remember any hilly areas! Or maybe it's just my perspective being skewed living where I am now at 5000 ft elevation.

Christine- WOW! Your company does have very nice perks!!! I'm sure you will enjoy your 4 day weekend. So glad to hear that Jimmy is doing better and hope everything comes out okay ;-) :p
DH and I were watching the Westminster Dog show last nite. A beautiful merle coated Aussie made it to the finals and I was thinking of you. Yes, it is in the realm of possibility that the contract will fall through on our dream house, but unlikely.... onward anyway! Another advantage to moving temporarily to NJ is that it will give me plenty of opportunity to research first hand where I want to work.

Lorie- Sorry you have to endure yet another early morning meeting!
Got any workout plans?

Sunny- Have fun with the sprints today! Is your Palm Springs trip and annual thing? I seem to recall you doing this last year.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Cathy- Great job with getting in a pretty darn good workout early in the morning!!!!! Bit pat on the bakc for ya. Congrats on getting your message boards approved :7

Lori- Made it thru another nite shift I see. I also just nap for a couple of hours if I'm off the next night. It's funny but I always seem to have tons of energy on these days... you'd think it would be the opposite. Sorry you're dealing with the intestingal issues. If you've been pretty steady lately with the oats/banana I doubt that could be the cause. I'd look hard at the diet to see what other changes you have made lately.

Carole- Sounds like freestyle is a good option for you today. Kudos to you for surviving that run with the DOMS! Yes, the stress of my job was definitely a factor in deciding to make this move. This area attracts alot of retirees who have MAJOR health problems, and now that we've added Open Heart Surgery we're being overwhelmed!

Judy- Fantastic 7 mile iterval run foryou!!! Yes it does sound like you are due for a recovery week. Yes, I did decide to table my marathon plans for now. Just too much else going on and even I have my limits! That SB portion of PLB is a doozy isn't it?

Jackie- Yes, I like that attitude that missing out on our perfect house yesterday just means there is an even better one waiting!
YOu always have such a calm rational way of looking at issues!!
How long will your Sat run be?

I think I'm about caught up now. Time to get busy!

ShellyC

Oh, I am in love with my new running shoes! I just got Nike Air Max 180+ and went for a 3 mile run this morning – not one twinge in my ankle. I’m feeling better after running with these sneakers than I do after doing step with my Ryka’s. I’m so stoked and I’m looking forward to my Friday run! YAY! I also did Slo Mo Chest and Arms, and PH abs on the BOSU (that was interesting lol). I’m feeling good! I did not take Jimmy as I just did not think he was ready. He’s feeling better, but I’m still having issues with him eating. He’ll eat something he REALLY likes, but if he only ‘kinda’ likes it, he won’t. But he did have his big dump (he was with DH so I’ll never find out what it was), so he should start to feel better – he’s definitely perkier – he’s visiting people at work today.

Kristi – Some dogs prefer being only dogs and it is a lot tougher to get two females to accept each other than any other combination. I wouldn’t worry too much. You might find out that when you’re gone, they do spend more time together. I hope you find out what’s wrong with Sadie! Too cute about your DD and Chelsea – she sounds like a sweet dog! I’m glad you have her!

Carole – I thin protein is the issue. I don’t want to eat too many soy products like veggie burgers, etc. I am really trying to eat cleaner. But there are only so many beans you can eat! I’ll have to make a better effort to eat more protein. Thanks for the info! Enjoy your freestyling!

Jackie – I love holidays like that, too! I’m soo looking forward to my time off! I really like PLB. Good idea about switching it up for your long run!

Dallas – I hope you stay warm! Enjoy the V-Day show as DS’s school – they are soo cute!

Judy – Oh, good! Sounds like your DD16 is a great traveler! Nice of her to get such opportunities! I would love to go to Peru! I just love Him McLaren’s optimism. He reminds me that I have no business being whiney about anything as my life is actually pretty darned good.

Shelly – Oh I’m so glad you’re doing better! Sounds like you have a good plan and I LOVE the Jersey Shore! Enjoy running by the beach! So you’ll be working days? I’m just sorry you’re moving East before I got a chance to meet you in person, but we’ll get there anywhere! I saw the Aussie – I’ve been wanting a blue merle for a while, but DH really wanted another black tri. We’ll get a blue female when Kimo passes on – and I’m very willing to wait a long, long while for one! Actually, Carola of the Cathe forums is considering breeding Aussies in a year or two and she has promised me a blue female when she has one. She has mini aussies – but that’s fine. I’ll get a bigger female to jump all over Jimmy. :p

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Girls!

Had a little nap, workout done so here is what I did. Oh had my usual breakfast of oats and banana, wasn't feeling energetic but VERY FULL! VERY WERID!
So b/c I was so full from breakfast I did MM UB, then a 3 mile run, then Imax 3 1-5, then MM legs. A good workout but I could have done nothing but sit on the couch and flick through the channels...so not like me!

Jackie** DD must be so excited about her trip! Kids have it pretty good these days don't they? Good job on the run! I haven't increased my fiber, just what is in the Steel cut oats. Prehaps I should try eating some yogurt with it!

Wendy** Yes, I am down 2 lbs in 2 days:) Mon morning i was 122.2 and today I was 120.2. That was my goal for the week. I have really cleaned up my eating. It wasn't over the top bad but I was picking to much. I cut that out, and now its back to meals and snacks! have fun with your workout, and I hope you didn't break your nexk trying to get to your car!

Christine** LOL...its not really embarrassing b/c it happens in the night time so I just get to tease DH about it! LOL He says it is worse then living with a big burley man:) He says Im gross...i say Im funny! Hope you had a good workout, Im sure youhave it done by now. And I am working tonight. Last was OT and tonight and tomorrow night are my normal shifts.

Carole** Im hoping my prob isn't menapause!LOL That would be somthing now wouldn't! Menopause at 29! Eck! Enjoy the workout you have planned!

Krisit** Im enjoying the oats. Gotten use to how little is in my bowl but I like the texture. Seems as if everyone is having snow, you must live in the same area! hehe

Dallas** Good job with the workout today!

Jackie** I also worked legs HATE IT! Not a long one though, just whatever was in MM. I should do more floor work. I like floor work but hate lunges with low endsx(

Shelly** The oats are the only thing i have changed. Everything else is normal eating. Maybe its just ME! Maybe I am getting older and falling apart! lol Nice to hear you have a plan in place, hope everything works out just the way you want it to!

I think that catches me up for now. I think I should wake DS, who needs to nap for 3 hours!? ;)

Hi Again!

We made it! It really wasn't that bad out there. The sun was shining and no wind, so that made a world of difference. Even though my car temp said 15 it didn't really seem that bad out there. After the below zero temps this weekend anything would be better. :) Anyway, we did the stairs for an hour and it said I burned 450 calories. Woo hoo! I still need to stretch some more. I have to leave for a chiro appt after I finish making dinner.

Lori ~ I have the same problem when I add steel cut oats in. My neighbor does too. The only reason I know is because she asked me. LOL! Actually when I did that liver detox. The doc said that was a food I should avoid. :( I haven't tried it again, but I have two dusty cans in my pantry. :( Nice workout! My DD is turning 10. She's a good kid, but we have girl drama too. My mil says, "This is when you earn your stripes." LOL! Maybe you hit the nail on the head that she's just trying to fit in somehow? I feel sorry for kids nowadays.

Christine ~ Yeah for new shoes!! I just got a new pair of Brooks last week too. I definitely could feel the difference too. Glad Jimmy is better. :) Not entirely sure EVERYONE here knows how to drive in this weather. :eek: LOL!

Shelly ~ Nice workouts! Good luck with the move. It sounds like the better way to go. Have you told work yet? I know you'll be missed!

Jackie ~ We hired one too. It was just too overwhelming. Sounds like you have it all under control. :) Nice workout!

Carole ~ I've seen the whey at the health food store, but is it good? ha ha! Let us know how that DOMS goes.}(

Kristi ~ I'd say between GSL and that hill run you have all the bases covered with your legs. LOL! Glad you figured it out re: hives and your son. Poor little guy! Thanks about the recommendation for protein powder. :)

Wendy ~ Be careful out there! Thanks for the link!

Judy ~ I like regular food too, but sometimes it's tough and I figure something is better than nothing, ya know? :) What do you do for a recovery week? Next week is one for me as well before I dive into P90X...finally. :)

Cathy ~ Whew! I thought I was seriously needing help with PH abs on the Bosu. ha ha! Way to go on getting the AM workout done! I feel much better getting it done in the AM as well. I'm drained by 7P. :(

Sunny ~ Thanks! I will bookmark it! When do you teach that B&G class again...I want to come!!! :)

Hi Posh and the rest of the Cheetahs!!

Better get that dinner finished up!

Have a good night!

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC:)

I’m back ladies. My lunch hour and a half was very productive. As soon as I got home I shoveled our driveway. I don’t want my little ones falling down, that is unless they are making snow angels. :) Afterwards I tackled GS Legs Timesaver Premix. Finally I put together stromboli so it will be ready to pop in the oven when I get home with the kiddos. Then I will be able to help DS with his homework while it is cooking. Tonight after the kids are in bed I plan to run on the treadmill. I might do itread n tush instead of itread 15. I will play it by ear and see how the night goes. DH has to work late again tonight. He has worked late every night this week so far and has felt very guilty about being away from the family.

Shelly – Sorry you didn’t get the house you wanted. It probably wasn’t meant to be. I agree with Judy, another great one will become available. That is great that your inlaws will let you use their house while you are finding the perfect one. That will make your search easier I think. How did the HM go with your coworker on Saturday? DS is back to normal. As of Saturday the hives completely disappeared. We have no idea what caused them. Everything has been the same, detergent, food, drink, etc. The doctor was surprised with how badly he had broken out but said it must be viral. The weather has been very up and down this winter. One day it is 50 degrees the next it is 20. However, I’m really loving the snow. When I get home after work with the kids they want to have a snow fight. I have their gloves and hats in the car waiting to play. Of course, we won’t be able to play for long because it is 24 degrees outside, but they will still be happy with 5-10 minutes of snow fun. I’m able to get a lot of stuff in because I have a routine established with the kids. We rarely deviate which makes like much simpler. Also, my boss allows me to come in ½ hour early so I can take 1 ½ hr lunches. I can comfortably fit in a 45-50 minute workout, shower quickly, and get back to work. Of course I have to let the dogs out and get changed in that lunch period too. :) Have a nice night at work. I hope it will be a calm one for you.

Lori – Actually I don’t live near the other cheetahs. I wish I did. However, the storm I we received headed up their way. I’m glad you are liking your steel cut oats. I need to give them another try. Initially I bought them to try in my crockpot. The recipe didn’t turn out well. I need to try it again and tweak it a bit.

Well, I need to do a few things before I can go pick up my kiddos. TTFN!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.