CHEETAHS :::::::: wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! :)

Made good progress with the grading last night. I have about 50 essays plus a short classwork assignment to score, but at least the latter is quicker and easier to grade. I am hoping I can wrap it up today without having to take anything else home. That would be sweet! Whatever time I get home will determine the length of this afternoon's run.

Just a few personals to catch up with:

Christine ~ I completely agree about the variety. Everything gets in there differently. Any certain ab workouts you prefer for the BOSU?

Wendi ~ a black bear?!? OMG! Thankfully, you listened to those instincts! I can't imagine running into a BEAR! *shudders* You're welcome, luv! :) No beatin' ourselves down here. We work hard enough! :)

Have a happy hump day, friends!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning ladies!

Just a couple of personals to catch up with...

Sunny - WTG needing to increase those weights! That's a great itrain deal!

Wendy - I think you've already got a good plan for kickin' it with those kettlebells :D.

Cathy - Good to hear that you made a rather sizeable dent in all that grading. You deserve to be able to go out for a nice run, especially with thise gorgeous weather!!! Lol, I'm sitting here, looking out my back window, waiting for Mr. Bear to show up...not that I could run today, anyway. Legs = OUCHIE!!!!

So I think I need to take a rest day for today. The hammies are screaming at me for the last two day's punishment x( }(. It's okay, though, because I got to spend some quality time with the kittens after they ate. I love 'em at this stage, they're just so darn cute :D.

Gotta go refill the java and try to get my kitten pics downloaded. BBIAB!

Hello ladies,

today's workout will be itrain #19 sprints and a boxing workout ( i get to use jump snap) i've had for awhile but have yet to do:7

just in case you don't visit yesterday's thread i posted a new itrain code MDAY2008. you buy 3 and get 3 free workouts!

cathy- good job with getting all of your grading done! enjoy your run today.

wendi- for some reason i love hamstring DOMS. enjoy your day with those sweet little kittens...;o)

off to work:)

Happy Hump day cheetahs :):)

Dallas: I did meals for my sister-in-law when she was battling her cancer. I also worked a rotation up for DH's best friend's family while his wife was away serving time for a white collar crime. She left behind two very young teens for 2 years. I organized meals for them during the week. It was a god-send as that he worked some long hours. I also did stuff with the kids-- but that was a given cause I did :)Do the kids play soccer and softball sametime? I remember those days. One year all three were playing different sports at diff fields. Got crazy sometimes--thank God for my mom and Dad. They always made sure we could get to each game (they would rotate with us :) Kids recall that too. My mom is clueless on sports but there she was :)and it wasn't easy cause DS played hockey..brrrrr :)

Wendy: Do they have your face posted in target? :) I don't have a target close to me-- maybe I should find one.

Christine: You are such an enabler :) You did Bmax abs on the BOSU? Hmmm I'm curious now :)

Cathy: NO worries on not remembering who/what and where on personals. I so get confused too. DD is hoping for a law enforcement job. She interviewed for a sheriffs department who is doing the background right now on her. Things look real good. She is still taking every exam she can, in hopes ot get on department lists. Tomorrow she takes an immigration exam. She is in the final step for a UV thing-- that one sounds interesting as well. Good luck gradin. How do the legs feel after getting back into running more?

Gloria: Great run. What concert did you see?

Wendi: Wow on the bear. I'm a firm believer in things happen for a reason. There is your reason huh? We have had a few break-ins with cars in our neighborhood. Youngest DD's bf's family had all three of their cars broken into. They were locked up tight too. Scarey.

Sunny: Morning --you slipped in while I was posting. Such an enabler you are too :)

I'm thinking a 4miler possibly 5miler. I may end up like you this morning Wendi--either running further or my legs feeling like lead :) Today is a chest workout and abs. I need to do some grocery shopping--don't get me started on the price of things now--IT'S CRAZY. And it's suppose to be super nice here... so I think I'll be washing down the deck and pulling out deck furniture too.

BRB need a refill :)and and my triceps are screaming --YAY }(

Good Morning Cheetahs. :)

Christine: I'm just wondering how you PET a dog with hair/fur like that? BIZARRE! lol So yeah, I finally broke down and bought a KB. I was shoppin' with the rest of my Bday money and well...I couldn't resist at that point.}(

Carole: TY for encouraging the stability ball purchase. I love enablers!;) I don't blame you for wanting your DH-less time. We all need it...especially when said DH's are sick. :p

Dallas: I must've missed something. Does someone's little boy have cancer that you know? :-( My prayers are with them. I just weighed and took my BF measurement this morning. I am not happy but it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I hope sure hope NROL helps! The X did and they are similar in that they are heavy lifting with less cardio. I guess time will tell. Congrats on the bf drop! That's a great feeling. Even better then weight loss! :)

Sunny: I have never run stairs yet and now you want me to do it wearing a weighted vest!? Are you out of your mind, girl!? }( Thanks for the ITrain code. It makes no sense for me to use it though as my yearly resolution plan hasn't expired yet.

Cathy: Yes, I got my vest at Amazon. ;) No, there wasn't an OFFICIAL Target ban going on but that store IS dangerous and I do need to avoid it when I don't have the cash to support it. LOL Luckily y'day I had money. }( Good job bangin' out all that grading. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you so perhaps you can get in that long run today!

Gloria: What kind of concert were you going to last night?

Wendi: I thought the kittens were on the farm? You got hired to take them home and care for them until they get older? Lucky you. ;) I am going to try out the kettlebell during my week "off" from NROL which comes after I do the current work out 8 times. Should be intersting. I hope the bear goes back where he belongs. That's a scarey thing. He's probably just looking for food and would run the other way from humans if left unprovoked but then again...well, ya just never know!:eek: Nice run for having lead legs girl! I don't think I want to run a race with you. You'll leave me in your dust!:p ;) :7

Kath: LOL, I don't have my face posted but perhaps I should!:p Maybe they'd give me a permanent discount if they knew how much money I am capable of spending there!;) Enjoy your work out!

So I actually gave thought to doing yoga today but I'm thinking a Turbo Jam Cardio is a better choice. ;)

Off to get more coffee!

kath- i do my best to continue stimulating the economy:7

wendy- i knew you wouldn't be able to hold off from the kb's for too much longer. you did good though;) have you checked out the clothes sections in target? they have some cute new workout outfits and little casual skirts and tops:D

christine- you are right about steve. he does sneak up on you. i recieved my new mike mahler dvd. looks very good!

Hello everyone,
Busy, busy girl here! :) I can't do personals until after school. I was at a 5th grade band concert last night. I did Rodney Yee Power Yoga this morning. The outside of my right shin is sore. It's wierd, it didn't hurt when I ran, just as the day went on. I will be taking it easy for a few days until this subsides and wear more comfortable shoes to school. Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Cheetahs! Happy Hump Day! http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1988_party_noise_maker_and_hat.gif

Wendi – great job at the getting in the run even though you could barely walk through the DOMS!! OMG! I’m so glad you did not go running yesterday morning!! There’s enough issues we runners have to deal with - a black bear in the suburbs should not be one! Enjoy your rest day! I think you deserve it! And give those kitties a big ole hug for me! How’s your big cat handling them?

Cathy – glad to hear you made progress last night! Have fun on the run! I don’t really have a specific workout for the BOSU I like, except Seasun’s (and I don’t LIKE it exactly, but it gets them good!). Hope you get a nice long run today.

Sunny – Have fun! Sounds like a great workout today! Enjoy Mike Mahler – I’ve heard he’s a little insensitive especially to women, so I’m anxious to hear what you think!

Kath – have fun on your run! A lot of the older Cathe abs workouts transfer to the BOSU very well. Some of her workouts, too – LIC and LowMac on the BOSU are killer. :p I agree that grocery shopping has become a definite bargain hunt! It’s outrageous. I won’t even step into Whole Foods except to get the raw food for my dog that he loves.

Wendy – There are plenty of videos on www.artofstrength.com to show good form, and Anthony worked in collaboration with some soap star to bring out a second version of Providence that has lots of instruction – I’d start with that one. :p Why spend $$ on a workout you’ll out grow? I’m doing Providence today. I can’t wait! Enjoy it! Have fun with Turbo Jam Cardio!

Today is Providence and if I have the energy I will do a cardio circuit from Steve Cotter as well. My abs are still a little sore, but not like yesterday. I can laugh today. :p DH comes home tonight, but I still won’t see much of him. He’ll have dinner with me tonight, then tomorrow night he has more meetings, just locally. I’ll chat with ya’ll later I’m sure! Have a fabulous day!

Edited to add: Hi Gloria - you snuck in on me! Enjoy your day! Yes, I think rest is a good idea with leg pain.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I do like Scramble a lot, but have been playing some games of Scraboulous and I suck at it!!!...:D...Funny, I don't pay attention to how long I workout. Yesterday was not long maybe a bit over an hour? I always do the pain free hip exercises 1st and those take about 35 min so this is when I am thankful I don't go into work til about 10...I am so glad you made a good dent in the grading pile!! Hope you will be able to wrap it up and squeeze in a run...

Dallas..wow, I will keep that little boy in my prayers and pray for no more cancer anywhere! I did survive the day off with DH home...Sometimes when I do leg work before a run like that yesterday, it does warm up my legs just right...:D. Hope you enjoyed your P90X workout. Those one armed and clap push-ups are tough!! I did them on my knees too...

Wendy...well I am hoping DH won't be sick this weekend too...bad thing as I think his sickness is "work around the house" related! Did you use the stability ball yet!!??

Sunny..thank you for your prayers for my friends Mom...

Christine...well it might get to 96 today...luckily the mornings are cool here to so far...:)...So Bodymax got you sore all over!! God job with HLK. Glad you can laugh easier today...:D...I am wishing my DH was as busy as yours!! Have fun with Providence and maybe a circuit.

Wendi...I actually ran about into a black bear once with my sister on a trail run...he sure seemed huge to me and thank god ran away from us!! Yes, we do have some scorchers temps during summer in this part of Cali. 2 beautiful lakes nearby to cool us off though...:D..Enjoy your rest day and taking pics of the kittens!

Today is 4DS Bi's & Tri's, and 40 min on my EXT with maybe some JS mixed in there...

Have a great day...:)

Hi Cheetahs-
This will be quick.
Christine- What an adorable picture!

Carole- TG for those beautiful lakes to kep temps moderate. You have a great set up with starting work at 10:00 and getting a good workout first :)

Dallas- I have been lurking and saw the note about the little boy. Is there any news? I will pray for him too. When my DS's friends Dad was going through treatment for throat CA this winter. I contacted the hockey teams that the son was on and asked every one to sign up for a dinner to send. We sent the family dinner on Monday & Wednesday nights from for all of January, Feb and March. The family kept a cooler outside their garage to put accept the dinners.

Lorie- How is your shoulder?

Sunny- So how do the Afterburn WOs compare to stage 1 on NROL4W?

Wendi- The black bear sighting is quite scary! How are those adorable kittens? We are such cat lovers here.

OK, speaking of wild animals, we had a close call with a fox and Waldo at about 4:30 this morning. We heard this awful growl/yelling, that was not a kitty noise, in our yard. DH turned on the spot light and we saw a fox stalking our Waldo. Waldo was hiding under an Adirondack chair out in the yard. DH banged hard on the window and the fox got scared off. DH opened the window and our Waldo jumped in the window to safety.

OK I have to get to the to do list. it is Wed and I'm still on Monday's cleaning. The iPhone is very distracting!

Today was NROLFW special 1A . It is as many reps as possible of each of the exercises. ( with the starting weight) My heart rate was elevated at the end. The rest between each exercise is 60". And going to exhaustion on each exercise with only 60" rest is well difficult!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Good morning Cheetahs!

Thought I'd pop in to let you know I'm officially moved in. I still have a few things that I'm gradually taking to the new place. Figured I get some stuff put away before taking more. I don' feel as overwhelmed that way. It's going to take awhile to get everything put away. I still have to get the other house ready for rent. I'm exhausted. Whew!

I just got cable connected last night but the tech couldn't install the internet yet. He's supposed to be back today.

Today was my first workout in 5 days. Got to use my new workout room. Love it. Felt good to get a workout in. I plan on getting outside Saturday for a run if it's not raining.

Enjoy your day ladies!

Jackie

Judy – Oh how scary about Waldo and the fox! Glad DH was able to scare the fox away! I wouldn’t think a cat would be something a fox would stalk, though! Weird. Hope the fox isn’t rabid. Might want to be careful for a while. Wow! That NROLW workout does sound tough! I’ll bet you’re fried today!

Jackie – I’m so glad to hear you are moved in! Moving is exhausting, isn’t it? I can’t stand messes so I have to have at least one room unpacked or I go nuts! :p Hope the weather holds for you! Enjoy your new workout room!!

I ended up sticking to my original plan and doing AOS Providence followed by S&H Legs. I was in the middle of doing some slingshots and dropped the bell – the thing went skidding into poor Jimmy! I thought I was in for another trip to the vet because he was standing with his paw up, but I guess I just bruised his paw because he walking fine now – even running and romping. Scared me though! I stopped my workout and just held him. Poor guy! I eventually continued and finished, but was late for work. *shrugs* I’m feeling it now, though – S&H is tough! I really like that one.

Afternoon Girls :)

You are all chatty today :)

Christine: I forgot --what is it you do again? I'm sorry if you told me before, I may have missed that post :) Don't ye feel for your dog when he is hurt? Worse part is they can't tell ya what hurts. Last year on the trail I run on a racoon was wandering around. Not so unusual to see them there. The odd part was he was circling around and around--- I saw that and went the other way. Few minutes later the school sent two of their janitors over to scare him away. Someone was smart enough to call animal control instead and let them handle the animal.

Judy: Your poor cat. He must have been scared. Does your son have a summer job while he is home from college?

Jackie: How exciting a new place. You need to send us pictures once you settle.

I managed to get 4miles in and worked my chest and abs. It's so nice here in NY. I managed to get to the store to buy my normal groceries for the week and a few items for the party. Think I'll take my salad to the deck and enjoy this warm weather before I start scrubbing patio stuff down.

BBL :)

Kath - I work for a software company. My job title is officially Customer Advocate, but it's primarily a sales role. I work with customers after the order and make sure they renew. I'm also responsible for upsells and add ons. It's a lot of hand holding and follow up. This kind of job is pretty flexible, especially here in the Silicon Valley. Scary about the raccoon! Any usual animal behavior and I'll absolutely call animal control. Enjoy your salad.

Afternoon Cheetahs!

I started running a fever y-day. I knew when I woke up that I felt achy, but I thought it was DOMS. Before I left for DD's softball game I had chills and body aches. I thought **what the heck is going on**. I was running a temp. :eek: Popped some Tylenol and started feeling better at the game (which got rained out....UGH!) Anyway, I woke not feeling all that great so decided not to work out. :( I have upper body DOMS on top of it. LOL It was an up/down kind of feeling while running errands all morning. I did get a lot accomplished despite not feeling great.:) I guess the stomach flu is going around, but my stomach is fine. Hmmm.

Our friend's son will start chemo on Friday that's about all I know. :( Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for them.

Have to run another quickie errand, but I'll BBL for personals. :)

Kath- DS is working landscaping for the summer. We have known the owner of the business since we were kids. The last two summers DS did life guarding~~~ Fun but not much money. In fact my oldest DD and youngest DD and DS all worked at the same pool. The girls always supplemented with baby sitting jobs. This summer DD will baby sit only.

Kath- How did the job interview go for DD? I did not realize there is no Target up North in your area. Do you have a Wegmans or a Super Walmart?

Dallas- Oh dear, I hope your fever and aches and pains subside quickly!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.h+com/jafitmama

Hey Cheetahs!

Cathy: Great progress on the grading! I am up to my armpits in papers to check! x( I did get a lot done because the kids had an hour of health class today and the gym teacher and social worker are teaching it. That meant I had an hour to do work! WOOHOO! They have it tomorrow and Friday too. Hopefully I can get a lot done. Hope you have a great run! :)

Wendi: I love cats! My mom raised pure bred siamese cats while I was growing up.

Sunny: Thank you for the code. Your workouts seem like such fun!

Kath: Good luck to DD. That would be a challenging profession. I considered being a conservation officer at one point. Groceries are getting a lot more expensive. I spent over $100 last weekend and it still seems like we don't have much to eat.

Wendy: I was at a band concert for the 5th grade last night. I have seen the turbo jam infomercials and they look fun! I like to have fit tv on in the background when I am doing things around the house. I know, I am such a geek! :)

Christine: Great job on the ab doms from the bosu. I have not gotten one yet. I have to travel to find one and I have been too busy. LOVE the pic. you posted.

Carole: I have that Pain Free book. I haven't looked at it much because I haven't needed to. I may take a looksie if my leg doesn't start feeling better.

Judy: Sorry about the fox scare. When Ellie was a pup we were worried about hawks swooping down and picking her up.

Jackie: CONGRATULATIONS on the new home! That is such an exciting thing! I am glad you are not stressed about it.

Dallas: I'm sorry you are not feeling well. You are smart to be taking it easy. I will be thinking of that little boy.

I decided that I am going to stick to yoga, abs, and low key stuff until my leg is 100% I am still feeling it a bit, but yoga was good to me today. :) I was supposed to run with my best friend's son after school tomorrow(he is going into the air force and wants to get in shape), but I will have to call and cancel. I do not want to do anything to exacerbate the pain that is starting to dissipate. It is just so wierd that it came out of nowhere! Oh well. Also, thanks re: my parapro everyone! I will talk to you all later! :)

Hello Again,

I'm feeling better, but right before dinner I did get nauseous. I guess all the food aromas? Anyway, have to leave shortly for soccer practice. Thank goodness DH is the coach, as he can stay out there with DD. :) Not up for that.

Gloria ~ Glad your leg is feeling better. Sound like you're doing the smart thing. Thanks for the thoughts. Great job on your 4 miles!

Wendy ~ So you broke down and got a KB. Good for you!}( I've been meaning to get to Target to get a new workout log. Can't seem to get there. I drove by it a few times today. lol Do you think NROL... is a good rotation when one wants to focus on running?

Cathy ~ LOL...you're asking me?!?!? I know all the cool kid spots to hit! LOL! :7 Millennium Park, Children's Museum, Navy Pier, the zoo, ESPN zone, after that we'll need some intervention! ;-) I know the family has been through so much. :(

Christine ~ Yes, variety is good! :) I used to work for a software company. My job title was software analyst. It was a medical billing company.

Wendi ~ It's a good thing you didn't go for that run!!! Lions, and tigers and bear....oh my! :) I couldn't resist. I bet your legs are feeling it now! }( That's horrible about your house being burglarized! :eek:

Sunny ~ Thanks for the code. I'll be putting it to use. I like hamstring DOMS too, but then I want it to go away so I can do my thang!!!}(

Kath ~ That was so sweet what you did for that family. It's usually just dh and myself getting the kids to where they need to be. Funny, because the in-laws are always at all the games. :) We're going anyway, but yes, sometimes we need to divide and conquer! :)

Carole ~ I did enjoy the rotation, but glad to be done now!

Judy ~ Thank a lot! It means so much that you all have kept him your prayers. They need them.

Oh, I'll have to finish when I get back...well, after baths, books, and bed for the kids. ;-)

It wouldn't let me add to my post above, so I'll pick up where I left off then. Hmmpf!

Christine ~ I like that emoticon and that cute heart dog pix. :) IA abs on the bosu = yeowch! I'll have to pull out Bosu Blast and do the abs again. ARX has been working them good though.}( Are you doing "your own thing" type of rotation?

Judy ~ how long does the NROL4W workouts take? Do you do cardio before or after? I know my book is around here somewhere. ???? Glad Waldo was unharmed. Scary!

Jackie ~ Glad the move went well and that you popped in to let us know. Good luck with the unpacking, etc. It is exhausting. I know I had to have the kitchen in working order ASAP. :9

Cathy ~ I hope you got that grading done. Did you get your run in too? I'm so mad I didn't get to run today, but I think that would have been a bad idea. I feel fine now. It's weird!! I'm still going to bed early just in case.

Wendy ~ I hope the NROL4W gives you the results you're trying to achieve. I bet you are fine. We're always harder on ourselves, don't ya think? I think P90X has definitely made my upper body stronger...how could it not? All those push-ups, etc. I'll definitely be incorporating the bands w/my other back work now. :) I think when the STS push pull tower is up for pre-sale I'm going to bite the bullet for that. Dh wouldn't let me get the doorway pull up bar. :( So, I had to stick w/the bands the whole time.

Well, I hope to get up early and get back on track!

Where's Linda been?

Nighty-night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.