::: CHEETAHS ::: Wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! :7

I wound up stretching only last night. It didn't make sense to me to lift with that much soreness, but I don't know if I did the right thing or not...? I am STILL sore today. (Even in the crook of my elbows! Hello?!?) I don't really understand why Sunday's w/out put such a whammy on me when it didn't feel crazy-intense. At any rate, tonight will be an easy EXT session. No HIIT as I'll be giving blood after school and then getting my tires changed.

Lorie :: Bursitis *and* piriformis ~ yikes! Sorry your doc put the kibosh on cardio...that temper tantrum girl always makes me smile, though.

Dallas :: Facebook is an internet app, so I don't think it matters whether you're a PC-user or Mac...I like Squeeze A LOT. Mostly use it for the ab work and lower body. It gets in there GOOD!

Wendi :: Today the news is saying Ledger may have accidentally OD'd on sleeping pills...Enjoy today's run!

OK, I believe I'm caught up.

Have a FAB day, ladies! :7 :7 :7

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good morning ladies,

ok, i am determined today to get in my workout. i have to do cardio this morning ( i am thinking imax2) and later on slo mo legs.

cathy- i think you did the right thing as far as stretching. so sad about heath ledger passing away:-( .

lorie- sorry you can't do any cardio. however i am sure you have lots of workouts to keep you busy.

dallas- lol. have you done any kettlebell work before?

i am off to the gym room. i will check back in later!

drive-by post. dbf came last night and woke me up just before my alarm for some "snuggle" time. so...i am running about an hour late. i had to get on and say hi to my girls, tho.

i promise i will come back for personals later.

i am planning on my double gym styles w/o today. like wendi said, i'm going to use my HRM and see what it says. mostly because after getting it sent overnight (even though shipping was free), I WANT TO USE IT! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif i'm telling you, i have a feeling tantrum girl is going to be around for a while.

okay, so the site of the injection was so sore last night (used it as an excuse to get dbf to do things). it is better today, but the amazing thing is, hardly any piriformis pain! before, i could not even touch that area lightly without winching in pain. once again, just goes to show you how related everything is...

okay, i am soooooo late! love you guys and "see" you sooon! watch out for tantrum girl!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif

maybe i should be tantrum cheetah until i can do cardio again...

Morning Cheetahs!

I'm a bit behind on personals since I never got back here for the final post last night. I have time now though so hopefully I'll catch up. :)

So I added sets of pull-ups in between the S&H back work y'day. AWESOME! Then I tried Kenpo Cardio+ again and I FINISHED it this time!:p I liked it. Had some trouble getting a few of the moves so I just kept moving. Thumbs up though I personally like Interval+ better. :)

Today I have S&H chest on tap along with the S&H plank work. It'll be a short one today. Need that sometimes. :)

Dallas: I got certified with the AFPA (american fitness professionals and associates). They have a website where you can find all of the info, just google them! By all means though, if you have questions, feel free to ask!:) So did you ever set foot outside y'day? I wish I didn't have to! LOL

Jackie: Yeah, I am completely miffed as to why I didn't find S&H legs much harder!!! WIERD considering I usually whimper like a baby during Cathe's leg work normally. LOL You heard right! MORE new work outs! I don't know if I mentioned this already but I also have Turbo Jam coming my way too!}( LOL

Sunny: No worries about KBX girl. So why'd ya sell it??

Cathy: Don't even try to figure out the rhyme or reason for DOMS (or lack there of!). I stopped trying a long time ago! It can be a mystery for sure. :)

Lorie: Sorry you are forbidden to do cardio for a week but it could be worse. Better this then end up being banned from cardio for life, right? :eek: (((hugs)))

Wendi: Glad you had a nice day with your S/O. Hope you got your run in this morning!

Ok, I think that about catches me up! Time for more java now!:9

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I did well yesterday. I think adding my 4th meal helped a lot. Tonight I may end up driving to Kinston and back (1 hour each way) to get my sister who is flying in as we speak. It will be nice to see Wendy again (yes! Another Wendy!) Today is most likely HLD with some CS as well as I did not get to it yesterday, which is fine.

Wendy – How’d the training go? I’m hoping to meet up with Sunny when I return to Raleigh – it’s about a 3 hour drive from where I am to her place. We’re hoping to get together for coffee or something. Yeah, I go pretty heavy and pretty low with S&H Legs. I like it though because the lunges seem to work me better with the slow count. I agree with the dumbbell and how it’s held. I do two or I’ll use my barbell on my shoulders. I like your rotation.

Dallas – Yes, I like 4DS Legs. Short but very effective. I know I’ll end up with both Iron Core and All Body Attack AND a kettlebell shortly. And once I get a kettlebell, I may as well get Amy’s workout. Dad is just a nice guy. He never says a bad word about anyone, and just really enjoys being with people. He has a lot of friends. It’s been fun being here, although we did have a nice quiet night last night – it was needed!

Jackie –I was good last night… :p Thanks for keeping me in line!

Sunny – oh ouch! I so hope MJIL is feeling much better today! I’m here through Saturday. I’ll be heading back to Raleigh at 9AM Saturday morning. (Bummer, but I have to get back to my family). Sounds like you’ll have a busy weekend. I hope you have a smidgen of time around noon to see me Saturday.

Cathy – Good idea to stick to stretching with being that sore! Hope you start to feel less sore soon! I’ll bet a session with the EXT will help get the blood flowing again. Very sad about Heath Ledger. He had so much going for him. So, what did you do yesterday? Oh, and come on down! The more the merrier and I’d love to hang with you! We have plenty of room! Definitely more wine and goodies on the agenda!

Lorie – Oh man!!!! Through that temper tantrum! I would be too!! I think Wendy’s idea of using the HRM to lift is a good one.

Wendi – I do Cook Max as well on Sundays. It really helps me eat well throughout the week! Good job! Glad you had a great time with SO! Thanks for the vote of confidence with my diet. I really haven’t been THAT bad, honestly. A lot of it’s bloat. I’m still trying to figure out a way to have my wagging puppy. We’ll see…

I’m off to plan my Feb rotation! Have fun ladies!!!

PS - DOG IS BACK! Found a website that had a shorter link and it fit! YEAH!!!

the good news is imax2 is done! the bad...the schools and daycares are once again on a 2 hr delayx( . so had to re-configure my morning. of course that meant i could have slept a little longer this morning but hey on the bright side it's done.

christine- i am pushing for that time also. stay by the phone;-)

wendy- as far as kbx- i tried it and didn't make it thru i hated it.
i am excited to try the new kenpo and intervalx. glad to hear you liked them. are there new turbo jams?

off to spend a litle extra time with my little ones this morning!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...That is kinda weird that you are still so sore, but I have had that too before. Sometimes I think I concentrate better on form and others I still lift but feel distracted a bit so I probably don't get an effective workout..enjoy your easy EXT workout.

Sunny...have fun with Imax2 and Slo mo legs.

Lorie...wow, 2 shots!! I do hope they help with pain. This has to be so tough as you cannot do cardio for awhile but I think the Doc knows best...:(...I hope the PT helps with the piriformis. It'll be interesting to see how the HRM works with your GS workouts.

Wendi..I am so with you on boring baseball! I used to watch a lot more of it, but now it is only Football. No DOMS from the leg workout...I usually do Cookmax too on Sunday or Monday.

Wendy...if you have always ran and done legs on the same day then it isn't a problem. Years ago I used to lift heavy and then run and I had some great runs but that does not work for me anymore! What I meant was I feel working your legs tough once a week might be more benficial if you paired that up with non-impact or low impact cardio...just my opinion, I mean YOU are the PT!!!....:)..Not sure if endurance has always given me DOMS?...but I like having it...:)..I really like Amy's KBX. So is the new KenpoX+ better than the older KenpoX?

Christine...so glad to hear your Dad is doing well. How was Core Syn?...way to go on the new workouts, now you can do ALL of Slo-mo. I hope you have a great visit with your sister...:)..nice to see you got your dog back in your sig.

Dallas...I know for me the metronome helped a lot. They are cheap, like $20-30. I don't and most likely won't ever run outdoors listening to music. The metronome helped me with my cadence, I was at about 70 before and using the metronome I got to about 85 and even was running faster. I don't add anything to the 4DS workouts and yes they are short and effective. The soup was great, I am sure I will make it again.

Shelly...hope the long run goes well today. I do hope the Pain Free exercises help your ankle. Yes, I am enjoying my endurance week.

Jackie...it is always nice to have some DOMS again. You seem to have gotten some too on the legs...funny how some workouts can sneak up on you like that.

Kristi...sorry about the head cold/flu symptoms. There seems to be some nasty stuff out there.

Today will be Powerhour upper and a 4 mile run. I ended up getting another book by Egoscue, "Pain Free for Women" as I read it I will let you know what I think...

Have a great day...:)

Good morning ladies!

Sunny - MIL is having a rough time of it. Hope she feels better. Is she getting something to replace the 6 teeth?

Cathy - I was shocked to hear the news about Keith Ledger too. Much too young to lose such a talent. Hope the DOMS get better. I still have some DOMS from SSE and that surprises me. Enjoy your EXT workout today.

Lorie - Glad you got those cortisone shots. Sure hope they help the pain. I'm seriously thinking about going back for another one. Seems like when I add an incline of more than 3% for my runs, my hip aches at night. Mine is bursitis. x( Guess I will have to settle for an overuse injury because I don't plan on giving up my workouts. Enjoy your double Gym Styles today.

Wendi - Sounds like you got in a much deserved relaxing day yesterday. How are you feeling today?

Dallas - I don't have Magically Hips. I need to check it out. I took a gander at your pictures yesterday. You're a beautiful cheetah and have a beautiful family.

Wendy - So is Kenpo + better than Kenpo X? Good job with it. You oredered the new Turbo Jams too? I'm covering my eyes and my ears and my credit card. :) I remember now about the tricky steps in ABA. And, that was only in the warm up.

Christine - How fun that your sis will arrive today! Fun! Fun! Will she work out with you? Glad you were able to resist the wine last night.

Carole - You girls have got to stop enabling here. :7 I need to check out some of those books on hip pain. Enjoy your UB workout and run

I did the weight premix from All Body Attack. I planned on doing the entire workout but just couldn't fit 85 minutes in this morning. One day I will get to it.

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie

Good morning all! I had a great run yesterday, better than I anticipated actually. I had just completed 10 miles and was on my last leg of the run and feeling good when I came across a good friend on the trail who I hadn't spoke with in a while. She used to run/walk with me but hadn't done it in a long time and wanted to get back into shape. Anyway, she really wanted to talk so I ended up powerwalking with her for 2 miles and then running the last for a total of 13 miles. Took my just under 2.5 hrs (A long time for me)but it was worth it! I was able to get in S&H Bi&Tri also:7

Carole- I did a few of the exercises from Pain Free and mostly really concentrated on proper form and enjoyed a nice pain free long run. Let me know how your run goes today. I would also like to know your take on the Pain free for Women book.

Wendy- Added pullups between S&H sets?:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh my, you have got to be looking so buff lately! KBExt is a good one... you'll love it!

Sunny- glad you could finally get a moment to get in your workout today!! If you can meet up with Christine we have GOT to see a pic!!

Cathy- Wow, you have got a doozy case of DOMS!! What workout did this to you? If you're giving blood today definitely a good idea to take it easy!

Lorie- Don't blame you for having some tantrum smilies being banned from cardio poor baby! You may be interested in the book Carole has been mentioning "Pain Free" by Pete Egoscue. He makes some very valid and interesting points on treating chronic muscular/skeletal pain. In the meantime you can really explore and get into weight workouts and yoga. I think in particular focusing on yoga will be beneficial to you.

Dallas- I think a Garmin would definitely be worth saving some $ for! YOu will love All Body Attack... more innovative uses of the step!

Christine- Good to hear you're feeling well and back on track with the meal planning. Have fun with your sis... is she into running/fitness also? If you meet up with Sunny, please post a pic!

Kristi- Poor cheetah! You did catch a very nasty bug :( And I guess you haven't even been able to stay home from work to let yourself recover! Sure hope you're feeling better today!

Jackie- Almost missed saying hi to my simultaneous posting cheetahpal! Hope your work day is going well. Have you tried All Body Cardio yet?

It'll be a leg/cardio day for me. I'll be doing B&G leg blast... haven't done that goodie for awhile! And then HiLo dome challenge.

ShellyC

Hello my cheetah friends! This is a quick post from work, of course.

Nothing new to report. I'm STILL battling this nasty bug, but I think I'm finally on the upswing. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be good as new. Today I plan to take another rest day in hopes that it will help with my body's recovery from this horrible bug. Unfortunately, I have had to work every day so far this week and will have to work the rest of this week as well. I don't have any other options. There is no one else to fill in. My only hope is that my boss gets the same bug I've had in retribution for not letting me off at least one day to recooperate. Sorry I know that is mean. I guess Sweetheart Cheetah would not fit me very well right now. :) He is the kind of man that if he has the sniffles then he considers himself very sick and can only work a couple hours because he has to go home to take his medicine and lie down to start feeling better. Of course, it is all on the clock. He is "sick" all the time.

Well, I need to finish a few things before I head to lunch. Waves to all my cheetah friends. I'll try to check back later.

HI Cheetahs-

The morning called for being out the door early, so I am just now getting to Cheethaville.

Shelly- nice run yesterday. You are such a dear to walk with your friend and catch up on life together!

Cathy- IA sometimes when I really focus, more DOMS arrear than are expected. This can happen for yours truly in KPC with back lats especially.

Kristi- I have a relative like your boss x( . He is also a big complainer. At family gatherings we have to hear all about his ills which are seldom more than gas or a cold. Sorry OT

Lorie- Two cortisone shots and No cardio!? Yikes! Yoga sounds like the best way to combat this in the short term. I have a new recipe in the crock pit as we speak. See bottom of post.

Carole- Power hour was a favorite of mine for a long time back in '01 I like the one song per body part approach.

Hi Wendi, Jackie and Lori

This morning I did iTread #14 ballet. It is a circuit with TM runs and ballet moves. To begin I did a 10 minute 'warm up' mile on the TM, then the workout, then another 0.6mile on the TM to total 4 miles. Then I was out of time and had to do a fast but effective stretch.

[font color=brown]Crock Pot Mushroom Barley Wild Rice Risotto

1. Saute 1 1/2 cups diced onion in olive oil in LARGE frying pan. Add two cloves garlic minced. saute 1 minute longer.
2. Add 1 tsp rosemary leaves, 4 cups mushroom broth, 1 cup pearl barley, and 1/2 cup wild rice. Bring to boil then extinguish flame.
3. Put 16 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms in bottom of crock pot. Top with barley mixture. Mix well. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours. Actually my pot has a 6 hour setting and that is what I am going with.[/font]

*We are having a Caesar salad with it.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Afternoon Cheetahs!:)

Christine: Have fun with Sunny if you get to meet her!!! Last night's training went well. We always have a good time. :7 Enjoy your visit with your sister.

Sunny: Nope, I did not go any newer Turbo Jams. I don't have any of them yet so I ordered the original pkg with the weighted gloves too! I can't wait! Sorry you hated KBX. I previewed some of it. Looks fun. I just hope it's not too complicated for me to pick up or mine will be on Ebay too!x( So when are we going to get your MDB coach switched girl? It's gonna take a bit of time as they are backed up. I'd hate to see you run out of recovery drink before that! ;) }( :D

Carole: I like to run after a lower body work out cause it helps to minimize the DOMS I get but I didn't get any last week so I guess that doesn't matter then, does it?! LOL I moved leg work and paired it up with something other then running. I'll work my triceps before my run tmrw. :) The newer kenpo moves quicker but it's shorter. I liked the old kenpo with the exception of the "blocks" section. I had trouble getting those moves down for some reason. I guess cardio wise the new kenpo is better but ya know, it's not like I didn't work up a sweat with the old one. A work out is what you make of it anyway!}(

Jackie: The Turbo Jam I ordered is the original pkg and it comes with the weighted gloves. I didn't order newer ones cause I've never done any of them before so I need the "beginner" work outs! LOL

Shelly: How nice that you got to catch up with your friend during your run. That was good of you to walk with her. I would have told her to call me later and took off ahead of her! LOL

Kristi: Feel better hon! I'm pm'ing the info today on how to get your MDB coach switched so you have it.

Judy: Enjoy your crock pot meal! Sounds yummy!:9

Off to do my work out but you know I'll be back!:+

Hey Girls!!

Just wanted to chime in here. I skimmed through everyones post but hoping to be back later for personnals. I took a OT shift tonight (help pay for the new TM) and I will be working my old shif, with my old coworker and unfortunatly he is like a nosey old women! He use to drive me insane when I worked with him b/c he was constently around! Im hoping to come back but you never know with all that yacking he may be doing!
My workouts have been the same'ole, same'ole. And there isn't much new around this place!
Seem like everyone as some good workouts on tap for today! And I must say, I love Tantrum girl! Put curly hair on her and she is me....25 yrs ago! LOL

I did a 8 mile run today (4 miles steady, increasing the speed .2 each mile) and then I did 4 mile of hills and speed. It was a good workout and I think I could have went longer but my knee was acting a little funny. I also had the t.v on instead of music which was nice for a change. I also did 4DS legs.
Hope everyone is well!

Lori:)

Afternoon Gals!

I did iCycle #26/30 minutes. It was with Mimi. Not sure I like that one. I'll do it a few more times and decide. I then did 4D- Back and Biceps and a teensy stretch. That's all I had time for this AM. I slept a little longer than planned. :( I'm hoping to get in Iron Core and some type of yoga/stretching before the day is through.

Cathy ~ Last time (it's been awhile) I tried to create an account it had some compatibility message. However, when I just went there (Facebook), no problem. Weird?!?! I did recently upgrade??? Hope your DOMS goes away soon!

Sunny ~ I've been using Iron Core which is an all kettlebell workout. A friend got me interested in these. They work!! }( Way to go on getting Imax 2 out of the way! :)

Lorie ~ I feel your frustration. We've probably all been there at some point. :( How about swimming? That's no impact.

Wendy ~ Unfortunately, yes! I was out in this crazy weather all day today. My crazy friends still did the stairs in below zero temps!! The problem is not such much working out in this. It's after when I'm cold and sweaty and can't take a shower right away (have to wait and pick up ds from preschool first. :() Thanks for the certification information. I may e-mail you with some questions. :)

Christine ~ Your post reminded me of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" (Numeroff). ha ha! Those are some favorites here. :) Glad you got some quiet time and that your dog is back! :) What are you planning for Feb?

Carole ~ That's great you increased your cadence! I don't think I need a fancy gadget to tell me how slow I really am. ha ha! ;-) Can't wait to hear your reviews of that book. I just picked up the Pain Free one today. Thanks! Of course, the pain is gone in my arm. There's always time for another pain to crop up. ;-)

Jackie ~ Thank you!! You have some hip issues going on? :( I'm waiting for All Body Attack to arrive! :)

Shelly ~ Way to go y-day! Oh boy, B&G Leg Blast! Have fun with that! Haven't done that one in a while either.

Waves "hi" to Kristi, Judy, Lori and all who follow!

Have great days (or what's left of it) everyone!

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

carole- enjoy your pain free run today:) !! definitely give us your thoughts on the book.

wendy- i pmed you. no worries on KBX, there are alot of people that love the workout!

jackie- mil is feeling better she decided to go home today after visting the dentist. me and dh thought she should stay another day but she doesn't want to take any more time off work.

dallas- i have the iron cores. only did vol 1 once but i really, really liked it. i really need to start playing with my kettlebells more often.

kristi- your boss is a meanie, lol. i hope you start feeling better soon.

cathy- i finished reading nrol4w and it is fantastic IMO. i am dying to start a rotation but i am commited to p90X+ starting next month. so i will wait until i am done with the X.

shelly- if me and christine are able to connect. i will make sure we grant you your wish, lol.

hello to any cheetahs i may have missed.

i don't have time to post (at work and actually working) but i just wanted to thank all you ENABLERS, especially judy and shelly who mentioned that yoga would be the best thing for me right now!!! thanks to you guys, i ordered yoga for happiness and flexibility for the inflexible. there's another $53!

i did use my HRM today and burned about 500 calories which was surprising. i lifted as heavy as i could. it was funny, i forgot i had set it to percentage and not heartrate, so when i was first looking and seeing numbers like 61, 65, 73, etc, i was thinking WTH?!?! then, i realized. der!

Hey Lorie-

Thats what we do best. Tell each other how to spend their hard earned moola.

Ps Do you like my new name or should it be Likes2bfit Cheetah

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]
http://www.mytextgraphics.com/make?text=Fit+Mam

Hiya GALS!!

I’ve been a bit busy with things and couldn’t post yesterday. I’m keeping up with my BFL plans though and the results are showing. I lost another 2 pounds and my DH (bless his heart) said my um, uh hem, rear area, “doesn’t look as fat”…lol….I know what he meant…we both busted out laughing after he said it. I do already feel much toner although I know I have a ways to go still. Another comment was from my massage lady. I am really enjoying the foods and I can’t believe how easy the program is as long as things are planned in advance. I still feel like I want more cardio, but we’ll see how this 3 days of HIIT and an added “run” goes. My apologies that I don’t have time for a bunch of personals right now as I have to get back to work, but I wanted to give a “global” howdy and I LOVE THE SIGGIES! and comment on the great workouts, etc, - you Cheetahs are the bestestess… So sorry to Lorie! I know what you are feeling – I was sidelined from bursitis in the hip and well, it totally SUCKED! I hope Kristi feels better soon and everyone has a fabulous day! I’ll try to type up some personals tonight and then quickie post them in the morning – that way everyone I posted to will see it (me thinks Christine missed my Monday eve? Post…lol)…Ok, gotta let the herds in now….

Adios mi Amigas!

Thomasina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.