::::CHEETAHS - Wednesday::::

Good morning, Amy & all the cheetahs :) :) :)

Amy :: hope you have a FAB kickoff to the new school year! Great job fitting in your workout first thing this morning.

Christine :: I have an appetite that never wanes, either! Let us know how you feel on the new rotation.

Gayle :: So glad to hear the first day ROCKED! I don't know much about PF (luckily), so I have to defer to other cheetahs on that one.

Wendy :: OMG, does this new client have any idea what's she in for? She should be afraid. Very afraid. :p J/K, of course. If we lived closer to one another, I would sign up as client #3, for sure!

Well, I rambled a bit last night about my rotation getting fouled up this week. I fit in an impromptu pedi yesterday afternoon and was ordered NOT to work out (just followin' orders ;). Well, seriously, I would NOT be happy if I screwed up a $50 pedi on day one!!) Anywho, I thought I might just try to flip things around and still get everything in this week, but since I am getting a haircut tonight, it just doesn't work out. It would require too many back-to-back runs with leg work, so I have decided - rather than frustrate myself - I am going to make this week a recovery week of sorts. I am going to do whatever workouts I can (playing by ear) and then pick up again repeating Week 11 as originally planned starting next week. It's a hectic week and I'm just gonna roll with it. Blah blah blah...here I am rambling again...sorry! :D

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good Morning.

Amy: Enjoy your first day back!:)

Cathy: Speaking of client #2. I found out last night that she had a personal trainer for about 2 years while in college several years back. *GASP* This means that she has someone to compare me to!!! YIKES! So I think you have a good idea as far as this week's work outs go. That way you won't feel like you cheated your rotation at all. I say GO FOR IT!:)

Well, I don't have to be in work until 9 this morning so I am HOPING to get my work out in EARLY. *gasp* If I do this, it means that I have to be ready to roll in 20 minutes. I won't even have a chance for a second cup of java! Will I live!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

BBS!

Good morning - Cheetahs....

Wendy - take a cup with you on your way, you won't survive without another cup of java, will you???? :7 :* (I don't think I would)

It is so blasted humid and hot here yet, yuck!! I can't wait for some cooler weather where those darn mosquitoes won't be so bad. x( My allergies are drying me nuts, I'm constantly sneezing....;(

Tonight after work I'm meeting up with a few class members from my step class so I can 'practice' some routines on them before class officially starts on September 17. I'm excited they motivate me as much as I'm hoping to motivate them. Now, to come up with some good circuit combos. Any ideas gang??

I'm off for some more java, but I'll be around for a little while before work.

Take care,
Marcia.

Grrr....As nice as it would be to get my work out out of the way early...I just don't think I can bring myself to do it...Early work outs are OKAY when I don't have to "beat the clock" but with work looming over my head I just won't enjoy it so I'm bagging it. I know I'll do it later so no biggie I guess....

MY GOD, what am I going to do when I go back to work full time!?!?:eek:

WOW Wendy, I can totally relate. I hate beating the clock, too, you never get serious and always pay more attention to the clock so you aren't late. If you get something figured out when you are back at full-time, let me know, I struggle with that every day ;-)

Marcia.

>If you get something figured out
>when you are back at full-time, let me know, I struggle with
>that every day ;-)
>
>Marcia.

I know...I'll just stop eating!:p

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Today is a 3 mile run and Windsor Pilates. Jimmy was the star at his doggie training class. We did sit stays and down stays, and I like a dog who is reliable in those, so we’ve been working on them. Good boy!

Gayle - So glad to hear your first day at work was as fun as it was!!! YEAH!

Amy - Good luck today! Enjoy your first day!

Cathy - I’ll let you know - it will be a big change for me! Enjoy your recovery week. By the way - did I miss it? How did you first day go?

Wendy- glad your client fits right in with the rest! I think you can relax - I know what most PT’s are like, and I KNOW you’re not like that. You’ll do better than fine girl!!

Marcia - We’re dealing with a heat wave here in California, so while we do not have the humidity, temps in the high 90’s are HOT! So I sympathize! Hope your allergies are better and have fun practicing your step with your class members!

I’m back to asking recommendations for Yoga and Pilates. I’m not looking for Power Yoga- more like yoga that is good for stretching. Any ideas? I have Advanced Body Slimming in Pilates and that’s it. Thanks!!

Christine-I'm not much into yoga, but I LOVE Rodney Yee's Power Yoga Total Body. I've got my eye on his Yoga Burn as well, but I don't have it yet.

Carole-thanks for the input on PF. I appreciate it!!!

OK...IMax was on the schedule, but in light of my foot hurting like CRAZY this morning, I sub'ed Low Max and worked up quite an awful sweat! LOL My plan to combat this impending PF, I'm going to sub one weekly run a week with a bicycle iTrain workout or hit the YMCA and use the ellip or the stair climber (which is my all time FAVE).

I've got a pot of roasted veggie soup on the stove, so I gotta run.

BBL

Gayle

Happy Wednesday Cheetahs!

Gayle- here is a copy of a post I wrote several years back about PF:

My first experience with PF and heel spurs lasted almost all of 1999 in my left foot. However with the following steps I got rid of the pain. Unfortunately, currently I have it in my right foot and am taking this advice again!

Here are the changes that really helped me to get the inflamation down and pain subsequently disappeared. These were changed I made under the care of a podiatrist.

1. Elongating your calves helps minimize the pulling on the plantar fascia and decrease the inflmation (read decrease pain here). So, strech your calves several times per day. I streched before getting out of bed, while brushing my teeth, and any time I could get away with it.

2. Daily Anti-inflamatory meds help too. I used naproxen (Aleve)

3.Completely stopping high impact cardio for 6 weeks. This was tough, but really allowed for the imflamation to subside. I rode a stationary bike for the 6 weeks.

4. I had prescription orthotics made. The can be expensive. I keep them in my workout sneakers 100% of the time. At first they need to be worn in gradually increasing time periods to get your feet used to them. Some people also recommend over the counter supports. Try a good running shoe store for help.

5. Never go bare foot. This position pulls more on the plantar fascia and contributes more to the inflamation and pain. In some cases the bone grows out from the plantar fascia making a bone growth (spur).

I have spurs on both heels, but no pain now. The spurs will not go away but keeping the inflamation in check eases the pain.

Keep stretching, Keep stretching , Keep stretching!!!

Judy
"Likes2bfit" since 1999

Wendy- I am sure you will do fine with your new client. I am not one to advise you about how far apart to do races, but perhaps our experienced racers will chime in.

Cathy- I had a pedi yesterday too and it was the best one I ever had. I am switching to this place regularly. She wrapped my feet in hot towels at one point and let me rest. It was heaven after my 8 mile run!
.... Are you dong the Aug 04 rotation for 11 weeks? I thought it was a 4 week rotation. I would not do anything for 11 weeks with out changing it up and/or having a recovery week. So go ahead and have a recovery week and re-evaluate your plan to fit your schedule.

Kristi- I hope the virus is gone

Marcia- Hi :)

Christine- How is your daughter doing in the dorm? I love talking to DS every day. He has a kitchen this year in his dorm room/apt but has only made mac-n-cheese and frozen pizza so far. I hope he doesn't gain weight. He looked great at the end of summer... Good job on the health report. Re appetite: I find my appetite soars when I do heavy workouts not so much with running but with heavy legs and weights.

Jackie- Wow you did well shopping! I never seem to get those bargains.

OK, I did get a good deal on cookware on Labor Day. I gave my son my pots and pans, which are 24 years old. After researching cook ware at Williams Sonoma. I went to Linens and Things. They have a line of All Clad pots and Pans that Emeril endorses and is almost as good as the All Clad stainless line at WS. The difference? The WS line has 5 layers & the Emeril-All Cald line had 3 layers, but it has a life time guarantee and excellent heat conduction and is dishwasher safe. I also had a coupon for 20% the entire purchase. It was probably 1/4 of the WS price. Ok I know I can't wear it but it was still a good deal and I love to cook!

Today will be a light day ( TM walk and short upper body?) since y'day was the long run. Tomorrow I leave for Las Vegas. We plan to work out just about every day there in the hotel gym.

[font color=red][font size=+2]J udy "Likes2bfit"[/fon t]

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think it would be a good idea to take a break from your 11 week rotation. Shock those muscles!! I would not have worked out after a pedi either...

Wendy...wow, your workout room sounds cool! I think you would be fine with a 15k a month after the half...:)...it would depend to me on how sore you are after the half on when to start running again. I would run the next week, but just back off a bit on the total mileage. I hope you make it without the 2nd cup of java!!

Amy...enjoy the first day of school.

Marcia...sounds awful about the humidity. I have taken meds for my allergies for years...keeps the sneezing down.

Jackie...sound like you got a great deal on clothes for $35!!

Kristi...sorry about the stomach bug last weekend...Yes, I do believe in fate. very interesting story about the name Lexie..

Christine...Yes, I also laughed a bit with Danny's view on weights...:)...I have lifted so long not sure I know any other way! Good luck with your not doing weights...I always think change for the body is good. Way to go Jimmy!!!

Gayle...hope you can nip the PF right away! Most of the time for me, the Elliptical didn't bother it. I think spinning or the exercise bike would be the best though as you are not standing on the feet.

Judy...I am going to try a run at 82 today to see how it goes for a shorter distance. That would be tough to run 8 with your butt muscles complaining!! I know I seem to be using my core more on my runs...

I am doing S&H Chest & Back, abs and a 4-5 mile run using the metronome at 82.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning cheetahs! We're up and off to an early start as usual I see! I have a second day of classes and tests today for PALS, then it's over:) In a little while I'll head for the basement for CTX Power Circuit and some Abs.

Christine- Very interesting workout plan.... almost heresy around here (no weight work!) ;-) I'll be very curious and interested to hear your results. I've been looking to try out Pilates myself. Do you recommend the Windsor ones? If you're looking for a good yoga workout why don't you ask the gals over in the Yoga check in?

Judy- Great job on your 8 miles yesterday! You ought to get in some nice workouts in the hotel gym in Vegas. Hope you have a great time. Unfortunately when I go there in Vegas I won't be able to take advantage of the gym since I'll be there for a marathon. Sounds like a great deal on some Awesome cookware.... I love Linen's and Things.

Wendy- Already your 2nd client:7 I think it won't be long before you'll have several more! Don't blame you for bagging today's workout. It is difficult to do one well under a deadline... you keep checking the clock and thinking about everything you have to do!

Kristi- So Chelsea is finally home now? How are she and Sadie getting along?

Gayle- Wow, I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with PF!! :( I think that is the injury of the month around here! You've already gotten some great solid advice from Carole and Judy and I have nothing more to add except that you seem to be catching and dealing with it early which is a good thing!!

Amy- Hope your first day goes well!!!!

Cathy- I'm surprised you and Amy have time to post and work out at all considering what teachers have to go through the first week and right before school starts! I think your plan to take it easy this week and start fresh and organized is a good one.

Marcia- How nice that you have a practice session with your step class clients! Wish I had some input for you but I'm not at all creative along those lines!

Carole- Good luck to you today at your new pace! Any new PF issues for you lately or has that been pretty much tamed?

Time to get moving here if I want to get my workout done! After I get home I'll be doing a 5-6 mile interval run.

ShellyC

Shelly...I think I caught the PF quick. It stopped hurting in the morning about 10 days ago. I still am doing the foot strengthening exercises barefoot that I started as I feel having strong feet will help prevent some foot injuries. I do think also that the Chi running is very beneficial for running non injured...:)...Enjoy your speedy interval run!

Good morning ladies,
Hey ladies! I have been having major computer issues the past few days. I inadvertently upgraded to something I should not have and it messed my whole system up. It is fine now though:)

I ran 3.5 miles yesterday did ME abs and today will be IMAX 2 and PUB ch,ba, and shoulders.

It is so busy for me lately with all the kids in school and homework,AGH!!!! YOu would think I would be less busy with the kids in school, but not the case.

My eating has been HORRIBLE!!!! I am going to get on track today}(

Christine, I read a long time ago that one of the best ways to work out is to do either running and yoga or biking and yoga. I am a huge fan of yoga, so I think what you are doing is great and so good for the body. It is also nice to take a break from heavy lifting and just lean out the body. I have mostly all power yoga dvd's, so I have no recommendations.

Cathy, I don't blame you for not wanting to mess up your pedi. It is a lot of money. A recovery week sounds wonderful. I would do that more often if I did not eat so dang much!!!

Amy, I can't wait until the new series comes out. I am all for shorter workouts right now.

Wendy, Congrats!!!!! on your running time at your race. You looked AWESOME and so fit. How is the eating going for you? Hopefully better than me:(

Marcia, try to stay cool. We have had 100 degree temps, but no humididty, thank goodness.

Gayle, I hope your PF goes away SOON. It is great you are going to cross train.

Judy, have a great time in Vegas!

Carole, You are really getting that Chi running down. I am working on it, but I think it is a bit harder on the treadmill. I have definitley been working on holding the core in and running less on the heels. It takes a while to get used to. I am all about not being injured right now, so I am going to figure this chi thing out. How do run with a metronome? I think that would interefere with my John Mayer on the ipod;-)

Well ladies, I am off to take the kids to school and then IMAX 2! Have a great day. Oh and I am also having a hard time with my pic trail, so you will all have to wait for the Mariah first day pics:)

Shelly, How could I forget my roomie! Have a great workout and enjoy your classes. At first I though you were just doing the CTX power circuit and then read further and KNEW that you had more in store. HAve a good run too.

Susan

Hey All –

I’m back and settling in for a day of work. Have a semi-interview with the VP of Sales for a different position at 11:30. We’ll see how that goes. Should be interesting. I would love that position. Run today was hard! I’m wondering the blood work yesterday had something to do with that. I only went 3 miles, but I fought between miles 1 and 2 where I’m usually running really easily. Oh well, I’m running again tomorrow. We’ll see how that goes.

Gayle – Thanks! I was eyeing Yoga Burn as it’s supposed to be very relaxing and full of great stretches. I think I have Power Yoga Total Body – I’ll have to look. I like Rodney Yee, too – just wish he would get some less revealing shorts. LOL. Your soup sounds wonderful!! Enjoy!

Judy – DD18 is doing very well. She likes her roommate and is getting to know the rest of the people in the dorm. Cracks me up that dorms have not changed at all since I went to college! Yeah, my appetite soars with weight work as well. Which is one reason I decided to see what would happen if I cut it out for a while. We’ll see.

Carole – We’ll see on the weights. My primary goal is to get the weight off so that I can run the half more comfortably (I can feel the difference with the weight – and it’s not fun). I do agree that a change like that is always good, so it won’t hurt and can only help – eh? Enjoy your run! I’m interesting in knowing how the run goes at 82. I want to work the technique a bit more before I worry about the metronome.

Shelly – Thanks for the recommendation of checking out the Yoga Check-in. I know it’s heresy and I feel weird for doing it, but what the heck. I’ll let you know. I like the Windsor Pilates. She’s good at explaining the moves. They are not hard, so someone who has good abs should not have problems, but if you really concentrate on the moves and how they are performed, you will work your core very well.

Susan – I thought of you when I considered this rotation, actually. Thanks for the encouragement! Glad you worked out your computer issues! Those are never any fun! Enjoy Imax 2! It’s my favorite!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Did I mention that I LOVE 4 day work weeks?!

Thanks, everybody, for all the info on PF. I know that I could have easily done searches on the net, but it's so much easier when I know OTHERS have dealt with it. I'm also assuming that in addition to all the good advice you all gave me, that water running is a good sub too, right? Think I'm going to hit the YMCA tomorrow and try it out (or maybe the ellip, or maybe the stair climber, lol).

Christine...sometimes I look at Rodney Yee and just giggle like a school girl with those shorts of his! LOL But talk about FLEXIBLE! Geesh! lol

Day 2 of school is under my belt. We're slowly working out some kinks in the system, and tomorrow we're hoping to nip one right in the bud. There was this lady that just YELLED on the microphone to the 2nd graders. Neither of us agree with that approach, so we casually asked about her and we were given details about how she's a wonderful teacher and all, but get her in the cafeteria and she turns a 180! lol We'll see how it goes. The good thing, for me anyway, is that neither of my boys is embarassed to see me in there. They both talk to me and joke, and stuff. I'M REALLY LOVING IT! I've also had 4 or 5 staff members suggest that I apply for some of the Associate or Para openings THAT WILL BE POSTED SOON! WOO HOO! We'll wait and see.

BBL

Gayle

Well girls...I put in Slim and Lean this afternoon and started doing it twice but just couldn't get past the warm up. I guess I just wasn't feeling this work out today so I put it back and quickly chose something else.

I ended up doing UML for the Power 90 Masters Series. It was my first time trying it. Not a bad little work out. Short and sweet. All body weight exercises. Some tough, some not so tough. I enjoyed it overall but DID think to myself..."SELF,ya know what would make this work out tougher??...DOING IT TWICE!"
It's short enough that I *COULD* do that so I think I *WILL* one of these days...BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!}(

Tomorrow is a run and I am itchin' to try a new Itread I downloaded...I finally caved and got the Tread-n-Tush. I think it's an order tmrw! I worked legs a little today but will not be working them friday due to my 8 miler coming up on saturday morning so I think tmrw is the perfect time to give it a shot! Then on sunday afternoon I plan to attack B&G in some shape or form. OMG, I am not gonna be able to walk come Monday morning! LOLOL :p

K, time for a shower, dinner prep, yadda yadda yadda so I'll come back later to catch up on personals!

Ciao Bellas!:)

Afternoon, cheetahs :)

Wendy :: I don’t think you have anything to worry about in terms of the comparison. You know what you’re doing and the results show!…Thanks – I think that’s the best thing to do is to pause in the rotation…I’m smiling at the java comments…Believe it or not, I missed dinner last night AND lunch today…that is UNHEARD OF for me! *lol* I’m NEVER too busy to miss food!…Crackin’ up at your self-talk.

Christine :: That Jimmy sure is a smart one…bravo!!…My first day went well – the kids don’t start til tomorrow, though…Your comment to Wendy made me curious about what most PTs are like…?…I have been looking for the same in a yoga DVD. I have plenty of Power Yoga options, but I really want to maintain a flexibility-focused practice, and unfortunately, I am not having much luck!…How’d it go at the interview today?…I have had a weak run following bloodwork before…In my case, I think it was the combo of the bloodwork plus inefficient fueling.

Judy :: Have a GREAT time out in Vegas!!…Nice deal on the cookware…*lol* about not being able to wear it. Hey, nothin’ like a good bargain regardless!!…I am in my third round of the Aug. 04, so I’m at week 11 now of 12 weeks total. I probably will go for a fourth round, to tell you the truth, because I’m enjoying it and have been getting decent results. I do change it up each month – no week is ever the same -- but I think the lesson I’m learning is that a recovery week is in order now and then.

When do the rest of you schedule recovery weeks, if at all? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? 16 weeks? I’m trying to remember the last time Carole or Shelley even took a rest DAY. *lol*

Carole :: how’d it go with the metronome at 82?

Shelly :: glad the classes’ll be over…Good point…Instead of posting here right now, I could be (should be) working out!! I will say, though, that my daily computer time is its own form of relaxation for me.

Susan :: ugh, sorry about the computer issues! Between the computer itself, internet, cell phone, and all the other contraptions, I feel like I am constantly seeking tech support for SOMETHING! *lol* Now that school’s back in session, I know I’ll appreciate time-efficient workouts, too.

Hi Marcia, Gayle, and anyone poppin’ in!

OK, I need to sign off, finish up my work for the big day tomorrow, do AM/PM Stretch for the first time, and hit the sack way early tonight.

Good night, cheetah babes! :)

Okay - I need the opinion of someone who is not involved. I spoke to my company's VP of Sales about a position he is creating. I created a bunch of Power Point Slides detailing how I have seen other positions like this created (and have created and done the position myself, actually). He said that he had a different idea of what he wanted for the actual position, but he thinks that the one I spoke about is really needed and that he's going to create the position, based on my power point with a few tweaks. Then he said that I would not be eligible for it because I need to be with the company for over a year in order to be considered. He said this is a standard policy, but there have been exceptions in the past. Then he said that he would like me to interview all the people for the position as I know what to look for in a candidate (I have hired for the position in the past as well). Do you think it's right for him to take a position that I created and sold him on, and not only not offer it to me, but ask me to interview the person who is going to get the position? My current position is a much lower end version of this job and even my boss, who I spoke to about this, said I would do a fabulous job and he would be the last to hold me back. The VP admitted that he knew little about me or my role.

Okay, I'm done.

Gayle - you had ME giggling like a school girl! Too funny! I love your sense of humor!

Cathy - I've found most Personal Trainers don't really understand too much tailoring fitness to fit the individual. I think Catheites know more than the general PT population (and there are plenty of exceptions, don't get me wrong) understand that there is no "One Size Fits All" exercise plan and that to really be a successful PT you need to tailor a routine to the person, and do a lot of encouraging. So I think a PT who is also a Catheite has an advantage out of the gate. Make sense? I'll let you know about the Yoga thing. I'm considering Yee's Yoga Burn because it's supposed to be what I believe I'm looking for.

Christine,
I think they could pull some strings and make that job yours. That sounds ridiculous to me that you would interview everyone for a job that you would be perfect for. They would save time and money if they just offered it to you. It sounds like some BS to me. How long have you been at this job? I would definitley have a hard time with that arrangement. JM2C:)

BTW, I have Yee's yoga burn and I think you would probably be happy with it. It is pretty slow and deliberate. It is definitley not fast paced like power yoga and I think it is definitley better for flexibility than some other ones. It doesn't focus on strength as much as some though. Have a good night!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.