:::: Cheetahs :::: Wed., 9/20

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Hi cheetahs~

It's BTS night - long night ahead, so a rest day for me.

Hope you all have a great day/workout.

-cathy :)

PS...Carole, the check is going in today's mail.

Good morning Cathy and all who follow
Sorry, I couldn't check in last night. I had a history quiz I had to study for. I did legs and abs yesturday, and today for me is shoulders and abs. I'm doing track practice too today for cardio.
I'll try to read some of lasts nights posts sometime today. I love you guys:*

Cathy- Hope you enjoy your rest day cheetah:)

Have a great day:)
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hey Cathy and all Cheetahs who follow!

Cathy, I just found out that there is also another race in mid November that my running class is doing...ARRRGH! LOL I don't have to do both though so why don't we do this...Let's scope out the races for Oct and Nov and pick one to do if any are feasable. Based on that I will decide which race I do with my class! Sound good? :)

Carole, I just got stamps...I'm sooo bad about that as I pay almost everything online or over the phone so I'm going to be sending something out for your nephew. I just have to go back and find the address now! DOH!:eek: I'm just a loser for not keeping track of it! LOL :p

Tonight is my running class...those hill repeats I mentioned!}( After work today I may do upper body. I don't HAVE to so I'll decide at the last minute...

EDITED TO ADD: Hi Adri! We were posting at the same time!

Have a great day everyone!

Oh and BTW, I posted this late last night but I don't know if anyone read it...My mom and her friend will be signing up as walkers for the race on saturday barring rain, etc! They will take Joey in the jogging stroller! How cool is that!?!

Poor DH will be left alone on the side lines!:7 :7 :7 :p

Hi Cheetahs,
I got up latemax today -- but yesterday I managed to throw myself out the door at 5:30 for a 5 mile run before kids had to get to school. I'm hoping to do GS BBS today. The week is busier so far than I planned. (Grrr...)

Wendy--cool about your mom and the race. What a nice time that will be. Congrats on the paycheck. Small paycheck is still great. I hope you are liking your job.

Adri--good luck on the History/Quiz test. Good job studying hard for it. WTC Cheetah!

Cathy--have a great day.

Hi to all who check in later. I hope to be back, catch up on posts and say hello to everyone!
-Barb
:) :) :)

Good Chilly morning, Cheetahs!!! BRR- 41 degrees when I headed out the door, I'm not ready for this yet!! So I headed back in to grab gloves, a light jacket, and fleece headwrap!! Melissa was in pants, long sleeves, jacket, & hat!! ;-) I still had my shorts on, my legs don't get cold too often while running. I don't pull out the running tights til below 30. :p Anyway, Erin joined us too. Her knee is feeling ok, her main goal for the marathon is just to finish & I know she's got the drive to get it done. We did a 3 mile run & then I added on a mile to get my scheduled 4 miles in. :)

More stretching & pilates today. I felt kinda crummy y'day- headache & allergy/ sinus pressure. Feeling ok so far, I'm taking my Claritin & Flonase & hoping it goes away!!! NO getting sick for me!!!

Have a great Wednesday! Only 4 days to go.... :eek:

Cathy ~ I think BTS is Back to school?? Our open house at my dd's school is tomorrow night. I totally admire teachers and I'm so glad that my dds both have awesome teachers this year which I'm so thankful for. I get to go help out in my 5yo's classroom on Friday so I'm excited about that! Anyway, enjoy your rest day!

Adri ~ Very smart cheetah for making a decision like giving up the gymnastics team. Wow- that's expensive too!! It sounds like you have a good plan, just remember that school is important too. I haven't finished college yet but want to return to school once my dd is a little bigger.

Wendy ~ OOOh, hill repeats!!! Love it!!! I know, I love the hills. Good workout & you'll get a good leg/ glute workout w/ it!! Very cool about the race too, can't wait to hear how you do!!

Barb ~ Good job getting in your run even after getting up late!! WTG!! I hear ya, I don't think things will be so busy & things start to get busier & busier... I don't think I had a chance to tell you but your parties sound fabulous. I don't think I could handle that much company or a whole weekend!! Are things settling down yet??

Judy ~ Enjoy your run! How far did you go??

Katrina ~ Hope you're feeling back to normal today!! Again, WTG on the 10K!!

Susan ~ So when's the half that you are planning to do now?? It sounds like you've gotten big by the race bug!! Just take it easy, don't injure yourself by upping the mileage too quickly. If your hamstring is sore, stretch & rest it!! I ended up injuring myself by running too much because I love it so much. Now I try to only run 4 days a week & cross train (bike & Cathe!!). It keeps my legs *fresh* & I can run better on days that I do run. And thanks for the compliments on the pics too, I love my family!!

Christine ~ What is the mental countdown??? I wasn't posting here when Sarah ran her marathon, only heard about it after I think?? But yes, I seem to have a lot to think about w/ family things lately!!! I do have a list of people to think about while I'm running, I'm going to try to think of someone for each mile to help it go by faster. ;-) And I'm saving my girls & Greg for my last miles to keep me going! WTG on getting a good run in even if you weren't feeling up to it at first. That's why I don't usually like just 2-3 mile runs, I hardly feel warmed up by that point!!

Shelly ~ Hope your groin is feeling better! (hehe, that just sound funny!) Enjoy your new Ipod!!! Yes, I've had a lot of family issues going on. My Grandma is going downhill fast & it's hard to see. I know she won't be around much longer. (she's in the hospital again- pneumonia this time...) My Mom is a bit stressed out trying to help care for her & work full time.

Carole ~ WTG on the great workouts as always! I've never heard of TLT either? Do you have any more races coming up or are you taking a break from them?

Colleen ~ Sorry you're feeling crummy. I hope you feel better soon!

Mattea ~ WHERE ARE YOU??? I miss seeing your posts!!

Thomasina ~ How's your week going, my Meatless Inca friend???

Katie ~ How's your back?? Feeling any better?

Gayle ~ You too, where are you?? How are things going?

And thanks to all of you for your kind words regarding my taper & feeling a bit overwhelmed. It sounds like it's a pretty normal thing!! (me- normal???? }( )

I know I'm forgetting people & I'm so sorry!! Gotta get going now!

Good morning cheetahs..

Cathy...enjoy your rest day and Thank you...:)

Wendy...you lied to the Elliptical???...:)...wow, you will be busy at work next month! That is cool about your Mom and friend walking the 5K with Joey while you run..I don't pay many things online so I still use stamps...you can message me or email me for the address if you can't find it...:)...thanks...

Barb...I hate those busy weeks when we don't have time for working out!!

Jess...hope your allergies get better today...yuk, I have them too. Good luck in the marathon, it is coming fast!!! I am actually giving races a rest. There is only one coming up that I had considered. Check my post to Adri as I explain about the TLT's..:)

Katrina...that soreness form races can last awhile...especially if there were hills...hope it is better today..:)

Judy...not sure what was up with the Garmin. I sent tech support an email..I ended up going 5 miles due to time constraints. it went well...:)..good job on the BE/BC bonus, I have not tackled that premix yet! Have a good run today..

Susan...I like Tracies TLT's the best, then Jen Carmen, "Finding Your Core" with Susan Harris is my least fav. How is the hamstring today? I usually run heel to toe, but uphill I am more on my toes...

Christine...sorry about the knee, glad your body warmed up yesterday for your run. I'll have to try one of those CC's tomorrow...:)..Tomato Basil Soups does sound good!

Shelly...glad your groin is better. Yes it was weird with my Auto Pause, I didn't think it was supposed to work that way...hopefully I will hear back from tech support...

Adri...here is the link to the TLT workouts. http://tracielongtraining.com/ they are functional fitness workouts using your whole body with light weights and focusing on strengthening your whole core area. Sounds like you are enjoying track.

Colleen...hope you are feeling better today.

I am doing a coremax segmant and a 6 mile run. I am liking this recovery week...:)

Have a good day...:)

Carole -- what do you think the difference in effect is of doing dead rows with dumbells vs. barbell? Is the range of motion different, i.e. better with dumbells? good luck on your run today --this is like a walk to your car in a parking lot -- a teeny 6 miles??

Jess-- things are settling down post parties. Thanks for the support. I am now trying to concentrate on getting the family routines, errands, etc. down for the kids to be in school and to have some kind of family life in the time remaining after their activities that can keep us all feeling happy and calm...I'm glad your happy with your dd's teachers. That's important. You are going to do great in your race.

Judy- have a great day!

Anyone else looking forward to the new Cathe workouts?
I'm feeling bored with all of my tapes at the moment. I need something to shake things up.

hi to everyone else checking in later! I hope to be back for more personals later..
-Barb

Hello cheetahs,

Well so far my hamstring feels good today. I was looking at my workout log and I went from 20 miles a week running to 30 overnight. I don't know how that happened, but that is probably why my body is falling apart right now. Today, I am just going to do GS Ba,sh,Bi and no cardio or leg work. Then tomorrow I will do just an easy 4 miler.

Jess, I can't believe 4 more days until your marathon, WOW!!!! My half is in February. I can't beleive it is so cold where you are. We have had 90 degree weather.

Cathy, enjoy your rest day and BTS night. I also have a lot of respect for you teachers. What an amazing gift you must have.

Adri, good morning little Cheetah!!! How was your history test. I always HATED History.

Carole, Enjoy your 6 miler and why and how is this a recovery week? Your workouts look just as hard as always. You are amazing super Carole!

Wendy, That is great news that your mom is doing the race with you. Emjoy your hill repeaters tonight. Those are pretty tough!

Barb, I am so impressed that you got up that early to get your run in. Great Job!!!

Judy, Enjoy your run!

Jess, I hope your sinuses get better. I have to take Flonase in the morning because I am so Phlegmy.

Barb, I am right there with you as far as excitement for the new videos. They all look wonderful and the premixes look awesome.
YIPEE!!!!!!

Hello to all the other Cheetahs and have a great day!

Susan

Hi Cheetahs,

I normally don't post here but I did post in open forum on a 5K trail run I am to do this weekend. I already ran 2 times this week, one 4 mile and one 3 mile. I did a day of wt work and don't know what to do the rest of the week. I just started running about 1 week ago. Thanks for any imput. Again, thanks to Carol for answering so many questions on the open forum. I am sure some of the rest of you did also.

Susan--Good detective work on figuring out that your weekly mileage zoomed up faster than you thought.

Thanks for the nice words about getting up early. Yesterday was that Triumph kind of day. Today I am chasing my tails, trying to get dinner cooked before I leave for work mid-day so my older DS can eat dinner right after school so he's set for swim practice at night.

It's a positive kind of busy-energy, so all is well.

Have fun with GS BBS..I ended up doing the timesaver version of this today with a little add on, but not much.

have a great day.Glad your DD is feelin better.

Christine-- what did you decide about the job?

Shelly-- what's your workout plan for the week after that 20 miler? Very impressive!

Hi to everyone else. Have a great day! I hope to check in later or for sure tomorrow!
-Barb

Thanks for all of the good wishes Cheetahs. I'm still sniffling but I have a bit more energy today.

I'm going to ease back in to workouts with some stuff from the Blast Series. Push Pull today & see how I feel. I hope to run 3 miles tomorrow.

I just got cast in my first play in ages and I go into rehearsal next week. Yep. I'm one of those crazy gals who still like acting after all these years. It will be for no pay. Rehearse at night and perform for just a few weeks. But I do love doing it. I haven't been in a full length play since my DS was 3.

I work part time as a voice over actor, help my DH with his at home business,volunteer as a reader in the schools, became DS's room parent by default (no one else signed up), I'm the yard maven and house painter and Mom to 9 year old DS so I'm still the homework/bedtime nag. I will have to balance my days big time.

I've decided to train for a 10k. Not that I have signed up for any but I thought the training log for a 10k on Cool Running would help give me focus for my fall running. If any of you experienced Cheetahs have a different 10k training suggestions for a beginner I'm open to hear them.

Susan, you didn't notice adding on an extra 10 miles! Cheetah's love to run!

Carole, I hope to have one of your recovery weeks my max workout. I always pay attention to your advice. I'm wondering about the free weights vs barbell as well.
I'm sorry to say I really don't know what happened to your nephew but the posts are so sad. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Jess. Have fun in the race. We had a frost advisory just outside the metro area last night. The midwest has such a violent change of seasons. Nothing is easy here weather wise. I am now addicted to watching the weather. I grew up in Seattle where nothing really ever changes and I was spoiled. No wonder I like running in the rain.

Hello to all you Cheetahs. Have to run.
Colleen

Hey All You Lovely Cheetahs!

Just finished P90X Shoulders and Arms and an ab routine I put together myself (as opposed to walking the WHOLE WAY back into the house to get a video – it’s SOOO far – like down a short hallway – yes, I am making fun of myself). But I can feel it, so maybe it was a good thing to do. I alternated bands for the first set and weights for the second – when I could – there are some exercises that just lend themselves much better to weights. I really enjoyed that – gave myself a nice burn. I’ll finish off the day with a bike ride – probably indoor on a trainer to a movie even though it’s a gorgeous day, but I haven’t gotten my bikes in for service yet. Oh, and I spoke to my old boss last night – he said that the company I interviewed with on Monday is definitely going to make me an offer – Doris, the woman who would be my boss, talked to him.

Cathy – Enjoy your Back to School night! I really appreciated that the teachers took time to meet with all of the parents.

Adri – Good luck on the History test!

Wendy – Just to play the Devil’s Advocate – what if you like both? I’m anxious to hear how the hill repeats go! And I think it’s great that your mom and her friend are joining you for the 5k. I hope they and Joey have fun, too! Tell DH to come join in on the fun! But, then again, you do need a cheering section!

Barb - Hope things calm down for you soon! Great job on getting in a run before school!

Judy – enjoy your run!

Jess – WOW! That’s COLD!! I’m like you though, I can’t wear long pants until it’s REALLY cold. I run in capri’s below 60 degrees. By the mental countdown, I meant that Sarah was posting 5 MORE DAYS!! 5 MORE DAYS!!! And so forth, every day before her marathon. Are you counting down as well? I think Greg and the girls will definitely keep you motivated to finish. They’re going to be soooo proud of mommy! I think it’s great! Do you run Sat or Sun?

Carole – knee is fine – it’s just the whole first mile or two thing and the body protesting. I think it’s funny actually. It’s really no wonder people think they can’t exercise. The first15 minutes is painful, sometimes… :p

Susan – glad to hear your hamstring is better!! Yeah – increasing your mileage like that would do it. Wanna run the Rock N Roll Half in San Jose with me on Oct 8? :p

Karen – Welcome! I hope we hear a lot from you! Good luck on your trail run this weekend!!

Colleen – oh you and my DD13 would get a long so well. I call her the Drama Queen because she loves to act and sing. She’s even decent at dancing. I think it’s great! How do you become a voice over actor? That would be fascinating! I think Cool Running has a great site. I also like the training guide for Runner’s World. They are all good programs – just pick the one that works best for you.

Hi again :)

Carole- I hope the Garmin problem can be resovled soon

Yes, Barb I am looking forward to the new workouts being released. It is almost like a honey moon period when a new Cathe sereis is released. It will be fun to fit in running and the new workouts.

Wendy- You must be so proud of your Mom for entering the race! And Joey is double lucky to have so many people willing to give him stroler rides :)

Jes - Your day is almost here! I am getting excited for you!!!!

Colleen- Ithink Cheetahs by nature tend to schedule their lives pretty full, and you are no exception. :) Good luck wtih the acting.

Hello to Susan, Adri, Cathy,
Shelly,Christine, and our long time Cheetahs who are MIA.... Keep on running!

OH, Today was 4.3 miles some hills and stretching. I hope to get in some legs (specific to keeping my hip stabilizers in check) later. I do have rear end DOMS from BC/ME bonus mix yesterday. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't done it and hasthe DVD.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hi gals!

I am very excited to know that my mom is going to walk on Saturday. She is concerned about not being able to finish but I told her who cares. If you don't finish, you don't finish. The important thing is that you are willing to give it a try!:) I think she can finish though. I think she is underestimating herself big time!

Barb...Hope you had a good run!

Jess...The day after my 5k is your marathon! If I am struggling at all during the race for any reason I'll think of you and that should fix me! LOL }(

Carole...I found the address-I am putting it in the mail in the morning. :) Hope you had a nice relaxing 6 miles today.

Susan...From 20 to 30 overnight!? WOW! Heck, I haven't gotten above 10 yet! LOL Glad your hamstring is feeling better...take it easy for a couple of weeks. Let it REALLY get better before you push too hard. :)

Hi Karen...welcome to the forum! I have no advice for you, sorry. I am pretty new to running myself!

Hi Colleen!:)

Christine...I will be reporting back on those hill repeats either tonight or tomorrow so keep on the look out!}( If I like both races that my class is doing you mean? Well,if Cathy and I can find a race to run together then I just have to give one of the class races up and that's it! LOL :p Can't wait for you to get that job offer! Good luck with it! I hope it's to your liking! :+

Judy...BC/ME premix is a killer! It's no wonder you have DOMS from it!}(

Good morning all! It's been a beautiful morning! Got in a good 8 mile run. My adductor strain has continued to improve, ("adductor strain sounds much better than groin pull, doesn't it?" I've adjusted my running technique somewhat to help, pushing off much
less with my feet. I'll get in some corework later today.:)

Adri- Hope your history quiz goes well for you today. I know you'll have fun at track, what are your favorite events?

Wendy- I think that is WAY COOL that your Mom will be participating in you 5k with Joey!!! That will make your run so special for you. You MUST post some piccies for us!!!! Good luck with your hill repeats. BTW, a good rule of thumb for racing is that your need one day of rest for every mile of racing. Since your races are "only"
3 miles it is definitely doable to do one a month so you can do both the Oct. and Nov races }( Hey...I'm with you about the stamps. I rarely mail anything. It's on line bill paying and e-mail for me!

Barb- Isn't is frustrating when life interferes with our workouts?
x( I'm starting a taper period now preparing for a 25 mile trail run in Oct. I've been using Hal Higdon's training plan (modified somewhat)

Judy- Great job on your hill run today! I LOVE the BC/ME premix!

Jess- That's great news that your friend will be joining you after all on your marathon.... 4 days OMG!!! We'll ALL be with you their in spirit of course!!!

Carole - 6 mile run is "recovery" :7 :7 :eek: That's our SuperCarole!
I hope techsupport will come thru for you. Those Garmins cost enough, yours should function perfectly!!! My latest toy I'm having fun with is my new iPod, I've downloaded all my favorite songs and later today I'll try an iClimb or iCycle hmmmmm which one first?

Susan- I'm glad your hamstring is recovering. You definitely exceeded the 10% weekly mileage increase rule. Do yourself a favor tomorrow, if you feel the slightest twinging in your hammy, keep it low impact, like cycling or an elliptical if you have access.:)

Karen- Welcome to the cheetah check-in! Wow, you've only been running a week and already doing a trail run!!!!! Please check in and let us know how it goes!!! You can check out runnersworld.com
and HalHigdon.com for great training plans for all distances of races as far as what to do the week before a race.

Colleen- I'm so glad you're feeling better! How exciting that you'll be in a play!!! I used to be such a ham myself, started out as a music major with plans to be an opera singer! (no kidding)
Here I am 30 years later a critical care RN....go figure! You have such a fascinating occupation! That's great you're planning a 10k,
I LOVE racing that distance! Check out the training plans on www.HalHigdon.com!

Christine- Wow, great work with p90x!! I'm really getting into biking myself. After I've accomplished my first marathon, I'm considering looking into triathlon training :eek: So soon your vacation period will be over soon. Do you know about when you start your job?

Hi Cathy- hope your day goes well!

Hello to all other cheetahs who follow,,, happy running!

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.