::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 9/13

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Cheetahs, quick - somebody point me to the caffeine. It's hump day and I feel like a corpse. :p ;-) But I have to get into school early...ughhh. This week is beatin' my a-- already!

Although my DVD player bit the dust last night, I think I'm gonna go for KPC or ME after school today. Will make do playing it on the laptop.

Hope everyone has a good day & a strong workout! Will try to check in later.

-cathy :)

Hey Cathy! Don't u worry girl...I'm up with the chickens today too! Gotta be in work before 8am!:eek: LOL

After I get off work I'm going to stay at the gym for 30 mins of cardio...treadmill or elliptical most likely. Once DS is down for a nap I have upper body planned and then finally tonight is my running class. Think I have a full enough w/o scheduled for today? It's like breakfast, lunch and dinner work outs! :7 ;) :p

Have a great hump day!

Oh how cool! They are doing a bit on channel 11 news about buying running shoes! They are showing how they do gait analysis, etc! :+

Hey Adri!

You asked me a question yesterday and I'm finally going to answer it for you! LOL Sorry for being so slow about it!:p

RttC is a full body endurance weight work out that is comprised of 9 (I think) compound exercises. It's TOUGH but I love it!}(

My complaints are that it has no warm up and a cheesey ab section but the main work out kicks my butt so it's all good!;)

Hi Cheetahs~

It is rainning steadliy here. I'm nopt sure of my battlepllan as of yet. I was hoping to run outside, but may use an alternate method TM perhaps?

Wendy you have a very busy day planned!

It looks like a good day here to make a slowcooker meal that smells good

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

G'morning (ACHOOO) Sekcy Cheetahs!!
I have a head cold today and can't go to school. I new trying to manage gymnastics, the gym, school, and now indoor track, OMG I get sicker just thinkin about it.

Wendy- O ok so RTTC is more enduranced. I thought it was strickly abs!!LOL:+ LOL. "The main work kicks my butt" I bet my mom would like that W/O too!! It sounds good. I'll look into it. Thanks so much cheetah!!:D

Cathy- Why not do KPC AND ME!?!??!}( No seriously that was a joke:7 Unless you don't wanna walk tomorrow..:+ Can't wait for the DVDs you sent me to come in. I'm excited!! If I haven't thanks you enough well THANKS!!!

Judy- Hope everything works out for you today!! Hope you can your killer run in your sekcy cheetah;-)! Take care

Today is supposed to be chest, back, abs, and a 4.5 mile run. I gatta see how I do later. Have a great day cheetahs!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Cathy ~ Drink some coffee & WAKE UP!! Bummer about the DVD biting the dust!! Enjoy your workout whatever you decide to do!

Wendy ~ Have fun at work & with all of those workouts!!! I feel that way some days. I usually do my cardio first thing, then do my Cathe in the afternoon, & pilates in the evening. Point me to the exercisers anonymous!!! LOL

Judy ~ Good to see you pop in! Rainy day here too! Enjoy your crockpot meal, I love using my crockpot too!

Adri ~ Good morning, girl! Take it easy if you aren't feeling well. You definitely want to rest your body & not push through it or it will get worse!! And wow, you're lucky, my Mom would have sent my butt to school anyway if I wasn't throwing up or had a fever! ;-)

Good morning to everyone else!! Happy HuMp DaY, halfway through the week!

Hugs,

G'morning Cheetahs!! Well, I got in a 6 mile run in the rain! It was misting as we left & by about mile 3 was raining a bit harder. Not too bad though, and it was a little chilly (only 57 degrees!). At least it's done though!!

Yoga & pilates again on tap for today. I did the stability ball legs & abs from PUB/PLB y'day plus WP Maximum burn y'day.

Well, not too much going on today. Yet ANOTHER rainy day, poor Allison's been wanting to play outside. Maybe we'll find something fun to do.

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...tough week for you...I bet you can find a good sale on a DVD player, but nice you can use your laptop for now...:)

Wendy...off to work you go! Have a good workout and have fun in the running class later...:)

Judy...send some rain here....we could use some...A slow cooked meal would be perfect. Have a good workout.

Adri...sorry about the head cold. You might have to take it easy today..:)

Jess...glad you got your run in...at least the rain wasn't too bad...

Christine...wow...I completely forgot you'd be flying on 9-11...how weird. I am sure Tucker missed his running partner.

I'll be doing P90X Back & Biceps, abs and a 5 mile run.

For those of you that asked about the fund for my nephew here is the address:

Umpqua Bank
1770 Pine St
Redding, CA 96001

ATTN: John Piazza Hospital Fund

Have a happy hump day...:)

Hi Again-
My WO is done. for a change I went to the gym anddid 5.5 miles on the dreadmill. Using the HR monitor I ran at a slower pace than I would have guessed. OH, well I got the Pt exercises and SB abs and a thorough stretch too.

Jes- I would have preferred to run outside in drizzle, but not the pouring rain that we have.

Carole- Are there wild fires in your area? I saw some on the news while on the DM.

Adri- take it easy. :)

Cathy- I didn't want to get up today either.

Hi to all!!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

Hey Cheetahs!!!
I woke up from a small nap about 15 mins ago with a big ACHOOOOO!!! Thanks for all your nice words. I feel ok its just my nose is soo runny. My head hurt this morning but thats seems to be gone. I'm supposed to be doing chest, back, abs, and a 4.5 mile run. Well, first of all the run is out of the question. I heard theres a kickboxing class at the gym today for 30 mins. I wanna try it but I dunno if my nose wants to:+:+ I hate these friggen colds. I don't know if I can even do pull-ups today. If so I'll probally only be able to do like 1 or 2}( Friggen colds!!!!!!!!

Well I hope you all have nice HUMP DAY!!! I'll try to take it easy but...Ok I won't lie, I'll do what I can basically. You gys are great. You all always lift me up when I'm down!! Love you guys sooooooooooo much:*:*:*!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good job, Judy! It rained hard around 7AM, so I'm glad that it was only misting when we ran! I don't know if I could handle running on the dreadmill anymore. I was so used to it until I broke the darn thing & headed outdoors. I don't even think I want another one, I'm too spoiled by my outdoor runs. I might change my mind once I'm back to running through the snow like last winter though! ;-)

Have a good one!

Hugs,

Good morning to all the beautiful cheetahs! I've been a little lax lately with checking in:( but I'm still keeping tabs on y'all! Today was a very nice 10 mile hilly run, absolutely beautiful weather and just cool enough to be pleasant. Now on to some weight work, probably some p90x.

Adri- I hope you opt to just rest today. I know that is very difficult for you with your enthusiasm and eagerness to explore and try anything fitness related. With your hectic schedule your resistance to infection is lower and your body has given you a signal that it needs to rest. Sorry about the lecture, but I'm an RN and I can't help it;-) I also think you'll be doing yourself a HUGE favor if you make a decision to drop one of your extracurricular fitness activities. There's only so much a human body can do.... even a superfit 14 year old's!

Cathy- Hope you get over the hump okay! Sorry about your late DVD player, but I'm sure the laptop will do the duty in a pinch. Why don't you do a premix of KPC and ME!!! }( }(

Wendy- How is your job at the gym going anyway? You sure do have a packed workout schedule today you animal!!!!

Judy- Great job on the dreadmill today. You've inspired me talking about a slow cooker meal, I just love how the aroma fills the house in the afternoon!

Jess- the amazon rain running cheetah! Great job as always!!!, getting taper madness yet?

Carole- Thank you so much for providing the address for the fund for your nephew. I'd like to contribute. We've all been sharing in his story and feel connected! I think I'll be giving the p90x B&B a whirl as well!

It was great getting in contact with everyone again....a big HI :7
to all who follow!

ShellyC

Adri ~ Glad you got a good nap! That will help you feel better. I definitely wouldn't run today & do take it easy!! This coming from someone who has a VERY hard time taking it easy when I'm sick so.... ;-) Have a good day anyway! BTW, did you smile pretty for your pics??? I think I missed an update on how they went! My dd's don't have their school pics til Oct! Late, I think!

Hugs,

Awwwwww thanks you cheetahs!!! I feel like I'm saying that alot but I absolutley LOVE you guys:D:D:* Its soo great having everyone of you here!! I know I should rest, so I'll take my run out and just do some strength or something today. I know I need to rest but I don't know how!!! Someone please teach me how to rest!!!:p

ShellyC- No your absolutely right. I need to rest. So I took a few minute nap...Does that count!?!?!?!?! Glad you got a good run in. I too prefere running in fairly cool but not cold cold weather.

Jess- Thanks soo much for your nice words too!! Hope yuo have a good W/O today!! If you don't mind, please don't tell me what it is cuz I'll get jealous!!!!}:)+ JK. You post whatever you want girl;-)

have a great day cheetahs! Hi to Carol, Cathy, Elaine, Laurie, Laura, Katrina, Jennifer, ok my mind is dead. WHO AM I MISSING!?!?!?! Sorry to whoever I'm missing. Love you guys!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

OMG now I remember..DAHHH
Hi to Carol, Wendy, Cathy, Katrina, Jennifer, Laurie, Laura, Judy, Elaine, fitlibrarian, and anyone else.

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hey Shelly!! Glad you checked in!! Great job on the 10 mile mid-week run, mine was 2 weeks ago & with it only be 6 this week I feel almost lazy! Yes, I think I'm hitting taper madness. Actually, hitting Cathe- withdrawal madness!! I'm cutting back the weights & trying to rest...... UGH! I know it will pay off though.... looking toward the goal.

In fact, that's why I'm sitting here.... trying to be a good girl & take it easy!! I did some CleanMax & Allison is happily playing w/ Polly pockets so I'm drinking my coffee (yep, half decaf BLACK!).

The rain's driving me nuts too!! Rain rain go away!

Ok, have a great day everyone!

Hugs,

Hi Adri and all Cheetahs,

Quick check-in for me today. (At work ;-)) I didn't want to wait too late, anyway... Today I did a 5.25 TM run and pilates and off to work I went. Tonight, I'll do some strength work.

Have a great WO cheetahs,

Katrina :)

Howdy running friends…

Although I was up late because of an evening class, I was able to FORCE myself out of bed at 5 am to get in PUB …yowsa…I forgot how much I love this workout but I’m sure tomorrow will be a different story…can you spell D O M S?? When the alarm went off for the umpteenth time (well second, really) I said to myself, “Self?, get your FAT a** out of bed right now and get in PUB before you miss the opportunity”. I also reminded Self that if I wanted to be as committed as JESS in getting up sooo early to get in workouts then I’d better start with today! LOL Anyway, hopefully tonight I can squeeze in at least 30 to 40 minutes on the dreadmill – we’ll see.

Carol – The smoke I was referring to in my post yesterday is coming from the Ralston fire burning in the Tahoe National Forest. It started just east of Foresthill. Today the air seems a little better and containment is currently 53%. Yep, we could use some of Jess and Judy’s rain! Thanks for the address to donate for John. I thought of him when I read a small article in the “Human Race” section of the new issue of Runner’s World. I’ll check the page no when I go home. Oh, and I know the elliptical folds up as my current treadmill is one of those “space saving” models. But…the problem is there is no where to put even the folded up version of an elliptical so I’m really thinking the next time one of these teens pisses me off I’m just gonna say that’s it and remove all of the items and furniture in the living room arrangement altogether and turn it into my home gym! LOL! yeah, and then I woke up, huh.

Cathy – Ha, I always need a point to the caffeine hump day or no hump day! Hang in there; you’ll survive the back to school misery. We just finished our 3rd week back for the Fall semester here and whew! – Too bad it doesn’t burn calories! Good thing you have a laptop to view your DVD’s cuz I would be taking vacation hours off of work to go buy a new one that is for sure!

Wendyloo – Wow, I forgot you got that job at the daycare. How do you like it so far? And I’m very stoked about your signing up for another running class. I wish we had those in my neck of the woods. Hey, have we found you another 5K yet?

Hi Judy – YES PLEASE, give us some of your rain! We are parched and in some areas, flaming, out here in the West. Yum, crock pot meals are my favorite on rainy days.

Adri! – NO, NO, NO working out today missy! As I would say to one of my 3 darling teens if they stayed home sick from school, “If you are too sick to go to school, then you are too sick to go out of the house”. Really though, all kidding aside, you really should listen to what your body is telling you and just rest today. Take care and I hope you do feel better. Oh and Carol is right, back when this was just the “runners – check-in”, I did call Jess a cheetah one day because she runs like one and well, the rest is history here…
Oh, and thanks for complimenting my avatar, that is a silly pic of my sweet, dear golden retriever named Violet – love that dog!!

Jess – HEY GIRL! I posted yesterday but I’ll say again, YOU ARE GOING TO ROCK YOUR MARATHON! You are doing soooo great and I’m very proud of you. It really is too bad we all can’t be in the Cheetah cheering section during your marathon…because I really will wear the cheetah costume too!

Shelly! – Howdy! How’s the training going? Isn’t your horse against a cheetah thing coming up? I’m all signed up for the Arizona half and my travel arrangements have been made. We’ll have to meet up at some point I’m sure. Hopefully our Katie will be healed and able to run the half too. I hope so!

Katrina – Ok, great job on your workouts before work and the plan for after. You have now inspired me to make sure I get in the “rest” of my workout this evening when I get home from work….

Ok, I’m exceeding my quick break, so I’ll check in later ….Have a great day ladies, you are all simply amazing!

Thomasina
:7

Hey ladies!

Okay, so Joey was not cooperating w/mom wanting to stay on at the gym for a work out this morning. He was very tired and waaay cranky so I had to forgo it. *sigh*....Like a good Cheeta, I didn't let my work out slide though!

I came home and did PH upper body and ab work then I did the first 4 intervals of Interval Max. First time doing that one. WHOA! }( Tonight at class we will be running intervals as well so it works out perfectly for me. :)

Adri: Don't you worry...I too too though RttC was a core w/o when I first heard the name!:p

Jess: Moms gotta do what we can do when we can do it, right!? Look above at my opening paragraph! PERFECT example!;)

Carole: Whom would I make the check out to if I wanted to donate for your nephew? John Piazza Hosp. Fund?

Shelly: The job at the gym is now going smoothly. Thanks!:) It's so perfect for me except for the fact that working the gym into my routine now can be very hard because I work there now when I would normally go to work out! x( It's frustrating but I'll figure it out! I may just have to stop taking my rest days on weekends in order to be able to utilize the gym more often. Glad you had a nice run!

Thomasina: Heck yes I signed up for another 5k race girl! I am doing it on saturday the 23rd! That is only a week and a half away!:eek: I tried to get a partner in crime to run with but it didn't work out so I have to fly solo for my first race. I'm quite nervous about that but I'm sure I'll survive. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.