::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 12/6

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs-

I wound up not running OR k'boxing yesterday...strangely, I must've pulled something in my left calf (I guess from DM??) and by the time I got home yesterday and took off my heels, I was at the point of hobbling. I tried some light stretching and applied heat...it's still feeling rather tight right now, but I am going to wear flat shoes to work today and hopefully I will be able to get in a run later! This is just too bizarre...

OK, now I need to go catch up on yesterday's posts. Will be back.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

Judy :: yeah, it is bitterly cold here…And of course, it's more of a shock to the system because just last week I was running in shorts & a tee shirt in 70-degree weather! I imagine you have even harsher temps being farther north of here. I love KPC, too, and I agree, if I’m working really hard, I do feel it in the u/b the next day. Hope you had a good workout!

Shelly :: yes, I did really like DM…minimal choreography, which is a plus for me…I much prefer drill type of exercises. I loved the wall squats with the ball. I'm wondering: can anyone do those pushups on the ball??? Yowzas! Anyway, hope you got in a great hilly run yesterday! Funny pic…thanks for posting.

Christine :: hey there! Great workout y’day…two of my favorites! How'd you make out with the condo selection? Are you planning on moving or is it a second pad?

Carole :: thanks for that link…unreal! A massage…ahhh!! Nice! I think I am going to schedule one for after I come back from Colorado.

Laurie :: what exactly *is* a hi-lo workout? Glad you enjoyed the celebration at the spa…sounds like a nice time. Yes, I know that feeling of hoping for a snow day. :) Hope you accomplished a lot in your shopping.

Colleen :: *Get* to 20 degrees??? YIKES! I have no room to complain then about the cold here. But I will anyway….ha! Hope you had a good run.

Sunny :: WTG on eating clean! You’re gonna have to be my inspiration because I feel myself slipping into holiday-eating mode. Which could get uuuuuuuggly!

Elaine :: hope you got in a good workout…sorry to hear about that letdown feeling…maybe now you can throw yourself into the new workouts and have fun with those for a while…That’s interesting about KPC…I had no trouble at all with that one but any of the step ones I’ve tried are just waaay over my head.

Wendy :: I feel you on the running without your iPod on the TM. Even WITH music, TM gets stale QUICKLY for me. Outdoor running is a different story…When my Mini ran out of steam mid-run a couple of weeks ago, I thought it was going to be torture plodding away without it just because I’ve gotten so used to it. But surprisingly, it wasn’t bad. Then again, I never used to run with headphones before. Good job on getting GS CT in.

Susan :: I’m glad you still have the green light to exercise…and I think it’s a wise move to follow those instructions to a T. My fingers are crossed for ya that this thing finally heals! Ya know, maybe it is a sign that you needed to slow down.

Laura :: sorry to hear about your brother’s troubles at work…how old is he?…If I were you, I wouldn’t intervene…it might make it worse for him to have his sister coming in to “fight his battles” so-to-speak. But if he’s surrounded by jerks, though, maybe he oughta look for a new job.

Hi to LD, Jess, and anyone else I might have inadvertently missed.

Quick question...I know this has come up on the open forum...but I don't wanna bring it up there again...Just wondering if any of you cheetahs have dealt with adult acne, and if so, what worked for you?

TTYL!

cathy-my brother ended up quiting. they are suppose to fire the girl. my husband called the owner of the store and he knew nothing about it but he told my husband she would be terminated. I did go over and say something to his boss who basically had nothing to do what happened but I told her how they where all acting like high school kids picking at stupid things.my brother is 29yrs old,so plenty old enough to defend himself but he has always let people walk all over him. I told him he needs to stop letting that happen. they owner over the store said that she would have slapped the girl. I would have to.. well off to teach class,I didnt want to get out of bed today for some reason. talk with you all later!

Cathy- It could be DM plus running. I have very tight calves the last 3 days and my WO have been: BM2 cardio blast, 5.6 mile run, then DM & tennis. They were tight drung the WU of DM and continued on. I think flat shoes will help and trying to sneak in some extra calf stretches a few times at school might help too :)

I tried to log on last night at DS hockey practice, (the rink is wireless) but I got to talking with parents and didn't feel comfortable with people looking over my shoulder.

Wendy- will you be running outside again for varitey? It can be hard with a little one, but the change of scenery is helpful even for a short run.

Elaine- How are your legs feeling today? Is the marathon soreness going away? Lots of leg love to you!!!

Carole- You week's plan looks good. I am still trying to work up to FULL leg WO before a run. So far I have managed leg premixes only after my runs.

Hi to all!

OH, yes. Today will be a run of 4 or 5 miles outside and a stretch. That is all I have time for. Busy day planned ( who 's day isn't! :eek: )
Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Cathy, Sorry about your calf. I hope it feels better later today so that you can get your run in. I think maybe you are making this sore calf story up so that you can sneak off to Champp's for Happy Hour later instead!;) :p :7

Laura, OMG, your poor brother. Why would someone do that? It's sooo wrong!

Judy, A 4or 5 miles run is plenty in my eyes so don't look at it as that is "ALL" you have time for! I will continue to run outside when I can. I have gotten spoiled by running in the park with my friend so the thought of running around my neighborhood just does NOT thrill me! I actually PREFER the TM w/music to my nieghborhood now! LOL I will drive to the park to run alone but I really only have time for that on the weekends anyway. Plus, I have that jogging stroller but I am just not ready to revert back to the beginning with it as I have to go soooo slow and can't run for long. I'll have to start using it one of these days...I bought the darned thing! I'm sooo bad!:p

Okay, well I am running very late here...going to have to rush! OOPS!:p I am planning a run after my shift is over at work and I put my IPOD in my bag LAST NIGHT so I have no excuse!:7

TTYL!

Hey Cheetah Babes!

I am SORE today! Plus my left knee is twinging a bit - feels like a faulty hinge actually. *shrugs* I had a run scheduled and GS Back and some abs. I think I’ll move the run to tomorrow and just do GS Back and Abs. I had planned to do just weights tomorrow, so I’ll just do it today instead. Well, we picked out the condo! It was our second choice. What a zoo! It’s a Westin property and I guess to get in before it’s built is a major deal. It’s basically a hotel room that we own. We get 29 days a year – whenever we want. And the location is incredible. There’s a gorgeous jogging path right between the river and the hotel – so when we can finally have a GTG (in 2008) we have a place to run! They gave us a bottle of wine with the room number on it – it’s cute. For dinner we ended up going to a little Italian place down from the Westin on 3rd Street (where the condo selection was). It was nuts in the city last night! It was a little hole in the wall, but the food was very fresh and devine!

Shelly – LOVE the bow! Thanks for sharing the photo! You look so cute!!

Laura – People who pick on others are the lowest of the low in my opinion. I feel for your brother. That has to be tough. I’ll be thinking good thoughts for him today! Hope he has a much better day. Glad he has a sis like you to look out for him. Should we get a gang of Cheetahs to intimidate that chick at Subway?

Cathy – Oooh, I hope you feel better soon!! Get one of those heat wraps and put it around your leg when you can. Oh, I remember the lovely East Coast Falls and Springs – 80 degrees one day, three feet of snow the next. The condo is actually an investment property, plus a place to stay in Napa (which is NEVER a bad thing!). I only get acne when I eat really bad and don’t drink enough water, so I can’t really help, sorry.

Judy – I’m with you – leg work before a run is painful for me. I did manage it after HSTA one day, but after GS or B&G? Oh, ouch… Enjoy your run.

Wendy – enjoy your run!! Yes, go take the stroller out when you’re having a day where you feel like Super Woman … That would be good. :+

Well Cheetahs – have a great day! I’m glad it’s Wednesday and not Monday!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sorry about the calf...I hope it loosens up during the day. I would definitely say a massage is in order. I was diagnosed with adult acne when I was 30. I was prescribed Retin-A and have used it ever since to keep my acne in check. I have very oily skin and the Retin-A for me was not drying to my skin at all.

Wendy...I hope you get in your run today after work.

Christine...I hope your knee feels better soon. Sounds like a nice plan with the condo. And a jogging path nearby!...cool.

Shelly..Thanks for the bow pic!! Love it....glad you got it posted here too...:)

Laura...that really is despicable what that girl did to your brother. ALL us cheetahs can visit her and practice our kickboxing kicks...a roundhouse could be effective!...:)..I am glad your brother quit and I do hope they fire that girl.

Judy...sometimes I will do the standing version of a leg workout before the run and the floorwork after. Yesterday I did the Timesaver version of GS legs as I didn't want to push to hard after the massage. Enjoy your run today.

My nephew John had surgery Monday to replace the donor bone that had gotten infected with staff, here is a copy of my sister Karen's email to her prayer group: "Hi Everyone, Well John's surgery is over. From what Cathi said, the Dr. was very pleased with how it went. It was a 3 1/2 hour surgery. They didn't place any synthetic bone, but used bone from John's hip. He checked out the lump that John has on his back, and said it is from the hardware. There is nothing they will do about it yet, but apparently the hardware will be removed in about a year. We originally we were told it had to stay forever. So that is good news too. John will not have to wear his back brace anymore....he will be thrilled to find that out. It really bothers him, and is very uncomfortable. He will start rehab at The Rose Center in about 4 weeks. So we are very pleased and thankful. And still praying for NO INFECTIONS. If all goes well, Cathi, John and his sisters will be coming home Thursday. Thanks for all your prayers. You are awesome!!! Love, Karen"

Today I have been married 26 years! WOW....okay, I will try and not feel old...:)..my DH is getting me my favorite vegan burrito for dinner and we will probably go out to dinner this weekend...

I am doing GS Tri's & Bi's, abs and a 5 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! Major LaundryMax here today!! Greg got it all hooked up & working! Yeah for a handy man! I got 2 loads started last night, so that's a start! The power went out about midnight. Thankfully it came back on at some point during the night. This is really getting old fast, I'm ready to go buy a generator!!!

I'm going to do GS legs this morning. I was going to get up & do it early but my alarm went off when the power did. I did wake up at 6:45 so at least the kids weren't running late!

I have a dentist appt to get my crown looked at at noon today. I hope they fix it so it looks better. Right now it does not match my other crown & I'm not happy about it since it's one of my front teeth! Not much else going on today though, which is nice!

I'll be back in a bit!

Carole - John is in my thoughts and prayers - *sends BIG no infection vibes* Thanks for letting us know!!!

Jess-enjoy LaundryMax (relief to get it done, isn't it?), and good lucky on the crown.

Good morning to all the wonderful cheetahs! I'm glad you enjoyed my pic yesterday. I know how to have fun, even if I look like a fool! I did LIC yesterday afternoon after my run....WOW was I wiped out.....had to pause the DVD player a coupla times! Okay, energized again this morning and ready to take on the world:)
Today will be some fun cardio. I'll be doing the long premix of StepBlast and SJP cardio:7 I'll also take the bike out for a spin later....if I'm home that is! We may very well be going down to Tucson today (a 4 hr drive) to pick up a motorcycle! I learned how to ride one several months ago.

Cathy- I hope it's just a mild calf strain for you (fingers crossed)
I absolutely never wear heels, even when I dress up (which is RARELY)
and my calfs have never given me a problem, even with my mega walking job and my mega workouts! Re: the stability ball pushups, at first I couldn't do them well at all, like alot of Catheites have experienced. But I inflated my ball more and really concentrated on squeezing inward while doing the push up. This adds a great element of work to the pecs as well! Anyway, I still shake but I can do them now!

Laura- That's a pretty unbelievable story about what happened to your brother. I'm glad the store is doing the right thing by firing that moron girl! I hope your brother can get this behind him quickly and not let it bother him too much!

Judy- Have a great quality run today! I'm with you.... can't manage a full leg workout before a run.... I don't know how superCarole manages it!

Wendy- Glad you've got your iPod packed! I had a great run yesterday with mine! One of my favorite songs "The Simple Things"came on during one of my most difficult hills and I just soared up it listening! Hey, I FINALLY got around to ordering a Jari Love workout... I got the Slim and Lean dvd. Can't wait to try it! (I think I'm overdoing it with the explanation points)!!!!!

Christine- Your new condo sounds like heaven :7 :7 Perfect for a GTG
So I guess your in for some upper body soreness to go along with the legs with today workout? Enjoy}(

Carole- The news about your nephew sounds promising... thank you for sharing. I'm especially glad to hear that they used his hip for the bone graft this time and that he no longer needs the brace!
That ought to really lift his spirits! Congratulations on your 26 yr anniversary!!! next Feb it will be 22 yrs with me and my DH.
When you've been together (successfully) this long you really cease to function as one person in a way. I often feel as though I'm only a half a person..... do you know what I mean?

Jess- I forgot to say HI to you yesterday!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: How could I leave out our celebrity cheetah!!! Can you forgive me? Glad you are now happily into Laundrymax! It sounds like you could use a battery powered alarm clock! Hope you get your crown problem fixed and get a matching smile back!!!

Okay, time to get busy! Hi to all who follow today!

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs,
It feels good to check in this morning. It feels like I have been out of sorts lately and not in the groove.

I feel like I am coming down with a cold, which is no suprise since my daughters all had one. I am going to the gym to do the elliptical for 45 minutes and then home to do Bm2. I took a rest day yesterday and it felt good. I feel I am finally on the right track with a plan for beating this sciatica. I have my Physial therapist appt. on Monday and I will be going 3 times per week for a month and then I will be reevaluated. I am definitley going to only do cardio 3 days a week and throw in some full body workouts.

I finally have the eating under control. Now, if I can just keep it that way. It really is a day by day process with me.

Finally some personals to my lovely friends:)

Cathy, take it easy with that calf and maybe do something low impact or just weights. And yes you are right, I think all of this nonsense with me was my body really telling me to first listen to it and SLOW down, so that it what I am doing.

Laura, sorry to hear about what your brother has gone through. have a great class today.

Judy, enjoy your run and yes, life is definitley busy right now.

Wendy, enjoy your run today. I am the same with my mp3 player. I have to have it at the gym or I feel completely out of sorts.

Christine, your new condo sounds HEAVENLY!!!! How nice to have a little getaway whenever you want. Take care of your knee and enjoy your upper body workout.

Carole, Happy Anniversary. 26 years, WOW! I have been married for 17 years and that seems long. Enjoy your burrito. I will think good thoughts and prayers for John. Thanks for sharing that with us:)

Jess, enjoy Gs legs! I also have TONS of laundry to do, UGH!

Shelly, that sounds like a great workout. I have not done that one in a long time. Wow, a motorcyle. That sounds fun. YOu will be a bike cheetah now.

Well that is it for me now. I am off to the gym.

Cheers!

Susan

hello ladies,

cathy- i am noone's inspiration when it comes to eating..i had only one good day..sigh.

carole- sending (((good, healthy vibes )))to your nephew. Happy anniversary!!!

wendy- not sure if you saw this one from yesterday. however i want to download a few itrains but need to know if i can use them on my ipod and not the mp3 player. if so, can you explain to me how it can be done. thanks!

christine- when is the gtg, LOL!!

laura- so sorry to hear what that nutcase did to your brother.

judy- sounds like an awesome run today.

susan- i hope you feel better.

shelly-i am with you. i never wear heals anymore (much to dh's dismay) oh well.

today's workout was LIC- cardio timesaver. I was supposed to do 200 crunches and some other ab work but ran out of time since my alarm didn't do off this morningx( . so i am hoping to get in in tonight. if ds#2 is feeling better. darn daycare..he's coming down with another coldx( x( .

sending a heartfelt hug to all the cheetahs today!

Hey Cheetahs!

I just wanted to pop in and say a real quick HI to my favorite girls!
I have to put DS down for his nap real soon.

I did a 2 mile slow but hilly run on the tm after work today. I started at an incline of 2.5 for a half mile then went to 1.5, back to 2.5 and then up to 3.0 for the "finale". LOL It was a good work out. I'm not feeling up to snuff today. I think I might be coming down with something so the 2 miles was more than enough. I think I will be napping when DS naps today. :)

I'll be back for personals before I lay down though so stay tuned...:p

Christine: Congrats on the condo! So is it a timeshare? My dad and stepmom had a timeshare in Bermuda for 1 week every year in July. It was FABULOUS!!! My dad went there on vacation for the last time before he died. He went in July and passed away in December. He was very sick but he insisted he wanted to go one last time. He adored it there. He was creamated and even asked that some of his ashes be left in Bermuda in one of his favorite spots so my stepmom went there one last time on vacation after he passed away to do as my father asked before she sold the timeshare....ACK, sorry for that long depressing story! I went off on quite the tangent. Thinking out loud, I guess. LOL

Carole: Glad to hear the good news about your nephew. Congrats on 26 years of marriage! That is no easy feat in today's society! Enjoy that burrito!:9

Jess: So how long had you gone w/o a washing machine?? Hope the dentist appointment goes well.

Shelley: So you are gonna be a biker chic? How cool!:) You looked quite cute w/a bow on your tush, btw.:p LIC after a run!? No wonder you were tired!!!}(

Susan: I am feeling under the weather myself today. I hope you feel better soon.

Sunny: I read your post about the Itrains this morning but had no time for alot of personals as I was running late. The Itrains I have on my IPOD were automatically transferred there from my computer when I set up my IPOD for the first time. When you purchase an ITrain you download it into your computer first and then you would upload it into your IPOD. What I don't know is if you can download it directly into ITunes or if you have to transfer it there after the fact. Hmmmm...I am totally sure you can do it, just don't know how to be honest. Sorry I'm really no help! :-(

Hey Ladies:) This morning I did LIC in it's entirety for the first time. Circuit workout always make me sweat buckets and today was no different}( Faith is home sick today, we went to the doctor earlier and she has a sinus infection plus something going on in her tummy. She threw up just before we left home which is something it's been years since I've had to deal withx( I gave her 2 eucalyptus facial steams this morning and some foot massage/reflexology, it helped some but the anti-biotics will work better:( Elizabeth is starting a new job at Sears tonight! She's very excited to have a cleaner job, working at Kentuky Fried Chicken was pretty gnarley!

Cathy, too bad about your calf, stretching is always a good thing :) Hi/lo is good old fashioned floor aerobics with high and low impact options. I used to be all out high impact and had a lot of fun doing it, I'm more of a medium impact kinda gal now:) I think there's a frustrated dancer in me somewhere, I love mambo cha chas and knees up and over moves.:)

Judy, hope your run wasn't too chilly!

Wendy, a nap after a run sounds like a really nice afternoon! It's beautiful that you have such fabulous memories of Bermuda and your beloved Dad, I'm glad you went on that tangent:)

Christine, that is so exicting!!! What a terrific addition to your family and lifestyle!

Carole, 'no infections' will be my mantra for John! Congrats on your anniversary. I hope you and DH have a lovely evening tonight:)

Jess, enjoy GS legs, I haven't done that one in a while!

Shelly, I'm so jealous that you can get on your bike (or motorcycle) and ride! Sounds like a really fun day planned, enjoy!!

Susan, me and my Girls have been sharing too many germs lately x( We've gone through 15 boxes of kleenex in the last month!!!!!:eek: :eek: It's such a great feeling to have your eating under control, I'd been doing well but I'm having some late night issues with peanut butter latelyx( ;-)

Sunny, another sick Kid, we've got a little cheetah epidemic here! Hope DS feels better real soon. I love the LIC cardio but don't love the blasts, it's easy enough to substitute other things in.

Okay I gotta get ready for work. Later Cheetahs!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hey Laurie. Sorry about the sickies in your house. Hopefully everyone will be well soon and then you can Lysol the place. ;)
I hope your DD has a good first night of work tonight! Let us know how she likes it!:)

OMG, Cheetahs...My upper body is soooooo sore! I think I am hurting more after my second round of C&T then I did with my first!:eek:

Ack, I need to go wash the dishes in the sink cause if I don't do it now, it won't get done! LOL I already told DH to forget about me cooking tonight as I don't feel well so if I wash the dishes now there will be very little to deal with later after we eat sandwiches or whatever. ;)

Okay, I'm done babbling...I may come back later or I may just lay down on the couch and not move until bedtime.:)

Hello ladies,
Well I did 50 minutes on the elliptical doing intervals and then did some ab work. I will do upper body later tonight. I tell ya working out at the gym is pretty time consuming. I get so much more done at home with my workouts. Oh well, I am just lucky that I have a gym to go to.

Sunnydelite, you must be doing the cathe rotation. That one looked really good this month. Hope you little one feels better soon. How is your eating? Are you still on track? I am doing well right now,but I am making chocolate meringue cookies later for some friends. It will be a challenge not to eat them.

Wendy, yay, you got your run in. I am hoping both of us are not on our way to sickie land. I so do not want to get a cold. Enjoy your nap.

Laurie, I am sorry your DS is not feeling well. It sounds like you are taking good care of her. I am also not thrilled with the blasts on LIC. They are kind of boring. I do like the workout though and the strength part of it.

I have to go get my little Mariah muffin from pre-school. I will see ya all later.

Susan

OK, cheetahs…
I’m back from a 6-mile run…my calf actually felt better when I was running than it does when I’m walking - odd! I’ve stretched but it’s still pretty tight, so I’m sitting here with a heating pad on it again. I do think wearing flats today helped.

Laura :: I’m glad your brother’s leaving that place…it sounds toxic. I know the not-wanting-to-get-out-of-bed feeling…the approach of winter & the onset of darkness make me feel like hibernatin’.

Judy :: it was such a whirlwind day, I didn’t have a chance to take your advice and stretch during the school day. I can’t work legs before a run either. In fact, when I do B&G, my NEXT-DAY runs are a little slow-going…well, more slow-going than usual…ha :)

Wendy :: I busted a gut reading your post…how is it you know me so well??? But no, I did not blow off my run to go to Champp’s…I take it that’s a place you’ve been to in my neck o’ the woods? Hope you feel better…did the nap help? Thanks for sharing about your dad…it sounds like his spot in Bermuda was a special place.

Christine :: sounds like a great condo…congrats! Take care of that knee. Thanks for the response to my question…I probably could up my water intake…and certainly clean up my eating. I am seeing a dermo, who’s prescribed Solodyn and a couple of different creams. Seems like it’s getting worse and I’m at my wit’s end. It’s horrible to be 32 and dealing with this when it was never really a problem in my teens! GRRR!

Carole :: Happy Anniversary!!! Thanks…I am on Retin-A Micro, a topical cream that *is* making my skin dry/flaky in some areas. I guess it’s a process of trial & error. Thanks for the update on John…I’m glad the surgery went well and that he’s rid of the brace. Fingers crossed for him that he’ll be infection-free!

Jess :: have fun tackling your laundry & good luck with your crown.

Shelly :: wow…your energy levels amaze me!! What does your DH think of your workout regimen? Thanks for the tips on the stability ball…I think that one’s gonna take some practice. And maybe I’ll have to invest in a pump, it sounds like… I do think it was just a mild pull…probably because I blew off the stretch after DM on Monday. I wear heels fairly frequently to work but yesterday was a run-around the building kind of day, so maybe that’s what exacerbated the whole thing. Was quite painful once I had taken off my shoes. I’m gonna keep heat on it tonight. I *LOVE* using the shuffle on my iPod and having one of my jams come on – it definitely gives you some kick!

Susan :: I’m glad you’re on the road to recovery and determined to do right by your body…I had issues with AT some years ago, so like many of the cheetahs, I know the frustration of being sidelined by injury…hang in there. At least you can stay active, so that’s a positive. Hope you can knock the cold out quickly.

Sunny :: one good day is one more than me! I’ve been a ravenous beast lately. 200 crunches?? That sounds like slow death to me…lol. Hope you can get in that ab work tonight and that your little one feels better.

Laurie :: sorry to hear Faith’s down with a bug! Thanks for explaining the hi/lo…I always wondered. I’m definitely a low impact kinda gal myself.

OK, I think that's everybody. Hi to anyone else dropping in.

Good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.