::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 12/13

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Hola on this hump day~

How are my cheetahs this morning?

Laurie :: Crab fries are really just fries seasoned with old bay...and they come with cheese...and are sooo good. Your situation with Glen sounds SO much like the spot I have been in lately...so I had to chuckle at the part about trying not to overthink it - yeah right!;-)

Wendy :: sounds good...we'll shoot for sometime in January.

Hi to everyone else! I am planning S&H chest & back after school today. No cardio. Will check in to see how everyone's doing. Have a great one.

-Cathy :)

Hello ladies,

I have a minute to check in before heading upstairs to do GS legs, OUCH}( :D

cathy- those crab fries sound so delicious. yay you ordered the calendar, i am still on the fence about it. i want it:D but do i need it???}(

elaine- so how did you wind up your birthday? also, i wanted to say that was really nice what you wrote to me. i really appreciate your sentiments:)

susan- how is your eating coming along? mine is so-so. some days good, some not so good, lol.

carole- how are your legs feeling today after yesterday's workout?

LD- all of BM@- wow, i am impressed. i was checking out the bootcamp version and it looks like a goodie!

off to workout i will try to check back in on you ladies later.

have a great day!!

Morning!

Cathy, So I guess you have switched up from GS to S/H now? Have fun! Your muscles are going to be ripping your clothes soon if you keep it up! LOL ;) January sounds good.:)

Sunny, C'mon girl. This calander is NOT about need...it's TOTALLY about want! I'll probably have FOUR calenders hanging in my house in 2007 now that I've ordered Cathe's but do I care? NO! LMAO! They will each serve a different purpose so it's totally justifiable!:p

I have to do GS Legs floor work after work this after noon and then I am taking a step class at the gym tonight and will probably tack on a short TM run as well.

The gym changed thier rules for employees. You used to get a free memebership after 3 months of employment. Now they make you work for it! You have to take one group class every week in order to "earn" your free membership. If you miss one week in a month (with the exception of sickness, vacation, etc.), you will get charged the regular membership dues for that month. It stinks but it's better then not having the choice at all. I will do the best I can. I KNOW I will eventually get charged but hey, I've been paying up until now so it won't kill me...

Have a great day ladies!

Good morning cheetahs! Another killer busy work night but I have time for a quicky post:) Today after my nap will be a 7-8 mile hilly run around my neighborhood. Later I'll do some weights I hope if I have time. Not sure what yet.... maybe B&G.

Wendy- I was wondering why you were taking a step class....that's a strange rule about "earning" your free membership. You'll have to let us know how the instructor compares with Cathe. Re: the motorcycle for my DH....he actually doesn't have his license...but I DO!! Anyway,
he'll practice off road and then go in for testing.

SunnyD- I think GS legs is Cathe's all time best leg workout...have fun! I agree with Wendy.... it's not about needing the calender.... silly cheetah!!!

Cathy- I guess you're on a S&H rotation. I rarely do that one. It moves so slow and I have the attention span of a toddler I'm afraid!

Susan- Sounds like you had one helluva butt massage! Glad your PT is going well! I'll be probably doing a half marathon in May also.

Laurie- I guess I missed the drama about Glen the coffeeman! I don't think this is anything to be worked up about. It sounds to me like he has really fallen for you in a relatively short time and it scared him. He'll come to his senses:) You've got the right attitude anyway!

Christine- Hey there, I noticed on the news yesterday there is a massive UGLY storm headed for you! Hope you're weathering it okay!

BTW.... for anyone who is mailing a card to our lovely canadian cheetah Laurie. I mailed mine with just a standard first class postage stamp and apparently she got it:7

Gotta run now.... I'm really tired of hearing my name tonight!

ShellyC

Hey Cheetahchicks:) I don't work until later this afternoon so I'm going to bake some more this morning after my workout. It's almost a year since I stopped teaching group fitness but I'm still getting the quarterly releases for BodyPump and BodyFlow, I got new releases of each yesterday so I'll do them this morning. I'm stressing big time about dinner for 18 on Saturday and trying not to be a grump, it's funny we work so darned hard to make it look easy.

Cathy, I chuckled at your answer because I immediately thought, 'what the heck is Old Bay?' I checked it out on Wikipedia, looks delish! I like the SH workouts, they're tough and Cathe's personality really shines during the rest periods. Yippee!! on the Calendar order!

Sunny, enjoy the 'hurts sooo good' factor of GS Legs }(. I think that 'so so' eating is as good as can be expected at this time of year. :)

Wendy, gyms are so annoying that way, always tinkering with rules and memberships. I can see them wanting you to do a few group fitness classes a month so that you can talk to members about them fist hand but one a week can be hard to fit in. I still have a free membership at the gym I taught at but I haven't been there in about 6 months. I don't miss the workouts but I miss a lot of the people.

Shelly, hope you get a restful nap after your killer night. Regarding Glen the coffeeman, I'm inclined to take Christine's advise to get him to come to his senses, a good whack at the head with a silly putty hammer:7 Have a great run!!

Hello to all you lovely Cheetahs to follow:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning! I'm all excited because I am the first west coast cheetah here this morning. Hey, I got up at 4:30 am! I think I'll hit the post button then come back to edit just to make sure I'm the first! }( :+

OK! I'm back....in edit mode.

Anyway, DH did get a cake for my birthday yesterday. I never found it because it was an icecream cake and I didn't look in the garage freezer. And I was so busy yesterday that I didn't get a workout in. Oh well, one more day of rest won't hurt I am sure. I'll go for a run today, maybe 4 miles. The last minute Christmas shopping is seriously eating into my exercise and leisure time. SIL and kids are going to Hawaii for Christmas so we are having our family get together this weekend plus I have some gifts I need to mail back east so I'm being shorted by a week.

Wendy, I didn't know that you were being charged for gym membership. Are you at least getting a discount? There are two popular gyms here and I know that just by working in the daycare (no pay) for 4 hours a week you get free membership. I would hate the pressure of having to take at least one class a week unless there was a class I absolutely loved.

Cathy, I have S&H but have only used it for about 2 weeks a couple of years ago. I really need to dig out some of my old stuff and get out of this rut I am in.

Sunny, My birthday wound up with me opening the gift my kids got for me.....an apron:7 and eating two pieces of icecream cake. They weren't small pieces either:eek: How's it looking for weekend work?

Shelly, Have a fun run. Thanks for the stamp info.....maybe I can peel that extra stamp off Laurie's card.:+

Laurie, Have fun baking!

Christine, See!! I knew I needed to come back and edit!

Hey all –

Slept in a little this morning, so I’m going a bit shorter today (mid week I like to go easier anyway). I’m going to do GS Back and the cardio only of Gauntlet. IF I have time and energy, I’ll do the cardio part twice. I’m a big fan of back work, too. Working back is my favorite!

Cathy – Enjoy S&H! Crab fries do sound good! I love Old Bay and have some in the house, but whenever a Californian sees it they ask, “What’s that?” It’s funny.

Sunny – since when does NEED have to do with anything? LOL. I think I’ll order it, too. I get calendars for the family every year (dd13 wants a Hyena calendar! WTH?). So I can wrap it and put it under the tree for myself. :+ Have fun with GS Legs.

Wendy – funny – my Jan rotation will be with S&H. I like GS better (except the biceps – I love S&H Bi’s), but I like what S&H does to me. The gym membership doesn’t sound too bad. You can take a spin class a week. I guess they need to make the classes look full so they look popular and more people will go? That’s an interesting rule. By the way – I was laughing at your comment about blaming the East Coasters for the weather. That’s only when it’s COLD! Rain is common in California this time of the year – so no worries! :+

Shelly – Enjoy your run! I think that’s why I like GS better – you and I must have the same attention span. I’m thinking that if I do it one body part a day, though, I might manage it. We have storms back up into the Pacific, so it will be rainy for a while. Fun, fun. Fortunately I’m escaping to PA for 5 on Saturday.

Laurie – So you videos for BodyPump and Body Flow? How cool! I’ve put the silly putty hammer in the mail – you should see it soon… Send it back when you’re done, though. DH needs it, too. Do men actually have senses? I’m sure they do, but there are times when I just have to wonder…

Elaine – you did beat me – I got up at 5:00AM this morning. But you JUST beat me! *Bows to Elaine’s faster fingers*

Enjoy your days Cheetahs! As much as I adore this time of the year (and I do), there are times when I look forward to January when things go back to normal and the temptations are no longer there!

Good morning cheetahs!

Another wet day here....yuk!

Cathy...enjoy your S&H workout. I do like that series. I plan on ordering the Calendar too.

Sunny...my legs felt great after the workout and run, but I just did the standing legs in GS and my own leg extensions and calf raises....have fun!

Wendy...sorry about the new Gym rules! I hope you are able to get in your class so you don't have to pay.

Shelly...enjoy your 7-8 miler. B&G for me tomorrow.

Laurie...if this a family dinner Sat? I can't imagine 18 for dinner. My house is way small...

Elaine...http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/1.gif[/img] I know a day late, but welcome to the 47 club!!! I was up at 5:10....congrats on getting here first for us west coasters...:)

I am doing GS Bi's and Tri's, abs an another wet run!

I am going to catch up with you chatty cheetahs from yesterday...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! Glad to see you're all up & going this morning!! This Cheetah saw 5:30 on the alarm, promptly turned it off & went back to sleep til 7:10!! Oops!! The bus comes at 7:35, but the girls made it ok! Kiersten is still complaining a bit about her tummy, but no fever or anything else wrong. She made it through school y'day so I think she'll be fine. She has a very sensitive tummy anyway, she's allergic to milk so it always just makes me think she had something w/ too much dairy. Yogurt she can handle ok, but regular milk- NO way. She loves soymilk though & I treat her w/ the chocolate soy & right now she is in loooove w/ the Silk Soy Nog. Anyway....

Allison & I have to go shopping some more today. We have a Christmas party to go to on Sat w/ a gift exchange, and Greg needs a gift for his work party exchange, plus I need a few other things. I think I'll try Bed, Bath, & Beyond, they usually have some neat gifts there. Yet another rainy day here too.

We got our van back!!! It looks great, can't tell there was any damage there at all. I'm so spoiled w/ it now, I hated the rental van! LOL It didn't have the sliding doors or heated seats!!

OK, I've gotta run but I'll be back later. I'm planning to work legs later, can't decide on GS legs or L & G!! And I'll do some abs too. My knee felt a little tender last night, especially when I first started the foam roller, but after doing it for about 15 min it felt better. And I stretched well for a good half an hour.

Have a great Wednesday, my Cheetah pals!! Look for my card in the mail! OH, and it cost $.63 for me to mail a card to Canada, maybe it's just from the midwest???? My SIL lives in Canada so I mail to them often.

Think I got caught up, sorry if I missed anyone

Elaine...I usually try and work chest once, back, bi's and tri's twice and shoulders 3 times as it is my fav body part to work! My legs 2 to 3 times and abs 3-4 times...I have run in the rain so much it seems...my fingers look like prunes!! permanently wet....yikes!! Running by the beach would be fun...I did that a few times when I lived down there...Did you get in GS floor? Nice cake...:)

Shelly...we have missed you! A Harley for your DH...lucky guy!! That is sweet of you to say I inspired you for that tough workout! Good job! Imax 2 and 60 min on the Elliptical...wow...

Susan....I couldn't have a male massage therapist...I am weird about that stuff. I prefer a female OBGYN also. Sounds like PT will be good for you though.

Christine...glad you got the ATT problems cleared up. I rarely go very heavy on shoulders as it is way to easy to injure them. I have just always liked working them. We are also having the nasty wet weather.

Laurie...this Glen seems like ALOT of work...and YES he should apologize for wigging out!! As I am not a huge chocolate lover...I try and only eat dark as you said it is Da Bomb!!!

Wendy...GS legs was fun....I just did the standing part and no DOMS. I will have to increase the weight amount next time!! I am smiling as I read about the Matchbox car you got for Joey. I was a MAJOR tomboy growing up, I had Matchbox and Hotwheels cars....:)...YOu got in a killer workout yesterday, so are you liking Ab RipperX?

Jess...you have had some busy days. Glad you got your Van back. I won't get my car until maybe late next week. Enjoy your leg workout today..

So I was already to mail my cards....but I ended up changing a few things on them...:(...ah well, better late than never...:)

Good morning ladies,
It is another rainy crappy looking day here. That is okay though, because I lost 2lbs,YAY!!!! I have been really good about my eating. Now mind you, on Saturday is my cookie party so it will probably all go down hill that day, but I am taking it day by day.

I ordered those pants with sash on LIC from Nordstrom and I got them yesterday. They are so flattering and they fit so nicely. They look like pants you could wear out. My sash is not white though, it is black with a white stripe. I have them on now to go to the gym.

I have an appointment today with my regular massage therpist, who is a woman. I tell ya I am suprised at myself for not being embarressed with a guy massaging my rear. I think I am just getting older and stuff like that does not bother me anymore. It was kind of empowering in a way. I know I am probably just a pervert.(LOL)

Cathy, I am not a fan of Slow and Heavy. I find I have to concentrate too hard. I have been doing a lot of endurance work lately and I like the leaner look for winter. Summer I am all about showing off my upper body. I also ordered the calendar. I am so excited about it.

Sunnydelite, My eating is great right now, but again it only takes one morsel of something sweet to send me back to the dark place! You know you are going to end up eventually getting the calendar, so get it now}( Enjoy your leg workout.

Wendy, you have a quite a workout planned today. You will probably end up enjoying the step class, but that is a pain that you have to though. Have Joey sat on Santa's lap yet? My girls have no desire to. They just want me to make sure he has their list. I am kind of glad we are not seeing santa, because it is a long line at the mall.

Shelly, sounds like a great workout! I say go for Butts and Gutts. I am obsessed with that workout. I have to force myself to only do it 2 timer per week. I bet you are enjoying your Harley.

Laurie, I actually hate getting ready and cooking for that many people. Whenever we have dinner parties I have only 3 couples at the most. I too have to bake some more today though. It takes me 3 times longer because I have 3 little bakers that always want to help.
I guess I should embrace the fact they want to do stuff with mom, because soon they will be saying whatever and will not want anything to do with me.(LOL)

Elaine, Yummy, ice cream cake. Okay, fess up did you have some for breakfast this morning? I love cake in the morning. You will be running it off today though. I know what you mean by this christmas stuff getting in the way of our workouts. I have 3 kids xmas parties next week and 2 of my daughters have little musical things. It is fun, but I hate trying to figure out the workouts, especially since I have to go to the gym now for my cardio. Oh well, it will be over soon.

Christine, I hate working back. That is probably why it is my weakest area. I have never done just the cardio of Gauntlet, much less 2 times...hm I am sick of this weather, aren't you?

Carole, I never thought I would really be able to have a male massage therapist either, but it was fine and once I just relaxed I enjoyed it. I think for me it is just becoming less insecure about my body, which I am glad that I don't have as many issues with that anymore. I am still obsessed though! It is really amazing how many issues we all have with our body and we work so hard at making it fit. Enjoy your wet run and GS.

Jess, you are a shopping machine, like me. I am dreading the credit card bill in Januray. I know my hubby will give the budget talk and it will not be pretty. I am glad you feel pretty good this morning after the run. I tell ya it is all about the stretching. Do you do yoga at all?

Well, I think that is everyone. Have a great day ladies and I will TTYL.

Cheers!

Susan

Workout is done! I needed some cardio so it was LIC cardio blast, I really like that workout. Got my u/b work in and some delicious stretching focussing on hips, hams, chest and shoulders. Now back to weekend prep.

Elaine, sounds like you've got a busy week ahead too. Ice cream cake mmmmmmm...sounds yummy!!!

Christine, sleeping in.....I'm jealous, my kids told my yesterday that I don't have to get up with them at 6:30 but they are so darned noisy I had no choice;-) I'm so anal about them taking good lunches that it would drive me nuts not knowning what they packed. Gauntlet cardio only is one workout I have to try, how long did it take to get through it once?

Carole, the dinner is all of my husband's family, quite frankly I am dreading it, it's so hard, my heart needs to move on but when I am surrounded by them my it brings John right back into my heart...:( I know we need to stay connected for the Girls but sometimes I think 'I only said "till death do us part" to him'. I'm better with them 1 or 2 at a time it's when I am surrounded that I feel this way. I don't mean to sound like a bummer but it's how I feel at this point in my life. I'm not too concerned about Glen being a lot of work, I am too:+ If it doesn't work out with him then I am on a mission to find a good man, I spend way too many weekends alone now that the Girls are older.

Jess, sounds like you hit the floor running today. Glad your daughter is feeling better. You must be so happy to have your wheels back!!! Where in Canada does your SIL live?

Hi Susan, good job on the 2lbs, a little damage control before the fact;) When my girls were little I'd give them a bowl of flour, sugar and cinnamon to play with and I'd get way more done. Worked for me! I dreamed last night that everyone came and I had forgotten to prepare a main course. I'll just keep doing a little everyday and before I know it it'll be over and I can sit and enjoy the house full.

Later Ladies:)

Take Care
Laurie

Well ladies I am home from work and fed and Joey is down for a nap so mamma is goin' in for a snooze too! Second day in a row! :eek: Shhhh, don't tell daddy!:p

I will do GS Legs floor work when I get up. :)

Good night!:7

Quickly jumping on to respond to Laurie - the cardio only took about 40 minutes. I only did it once, but I'm thinking that doing it twice would be a great for a day where I can't run, but want a really hardcore workout. I do live in fear of the terminators, though - they kill me! I'm feeling it, but I tell ya, my workout was 55 minutes long (including GS Back) and I burned mega calories.

Thanks Christine, 40 minutes is longer than I thought it would be. I'll definitely be doing this one over Christmas! I really appreciate you letting me know:) I'd be embarrassed if anyone saw my terminators but no-one said they had to be pretty:+

Take Care
Laurie

I'm awake now. It was only a 30 min nap today but I feel better!:) I am actually *CONSIDERING* giving a little of YogaX a go after GS floor work. I only said *CONSIDERING* though so please don't hold me to that, ladies!:p

I am also thinking of nixxing the run tonight. I can squeeze in a short run once DH gets home from work tomorrow afternoon so I'll probably do that instead. I have GSBS&B on tap for nap tmrw so a run after that will work out perfectly.:)

Well, I'd better get crackin'...if I don't get movin' soon I'll be using the time as excuse to avoid trying Yoga X!}(

I'll be back later for personals!:*

Laurie - I thought the same, until I added it up. If you add the different times all up, with warm up and stretch it's about 42 minutes. So figure 35 without those. And it's INTENSE. Kind of like doing IMax 2 with two blasts instead of one. My HR was up there and I was happy to have to chapter forward so I could catch my breath. As for the terminators? I think I can 2 or 3 that look like the ones Cathe does. The rest look like a poor relative! Oh and my sleeping in? I got up at 4:55AM as opposed to 4:30AM. Not much, but it’s better than nothing. :p

Carole – hope you enjoyed your wet run! Me, I use it as an excuse not to run! Although I think the 3 mile run I had planned would be preferable to what I ended up doing.

Jess – glad to hear you got your van back!! YEAH!! I know what you mean about heated seats! I turn them on first thing in the morning in my Mini, and I love it. Have fun shopping!

Susan – GREAT JOB on the weight loss!! I AM sick of it the weather, too. I’m ready for some sun. I can handle a green Christmas, but a wet one is not fun! I like the endurance work as well – but there’s something really empowering about lifting heavy. I like feeling sooo strong! Okay, I’m weird.

Wendy – enjoy NapMax!! I’m envious. I could go for one now!

Well I ordered the Calendar also! I ordered a sheet of stickers just for the fun of it. I’m finding the concern over the sticker sheets interesting.

Well, I did it!:) I did GS Legs floor and actually survived the first 30 mins of Yoga X!!! It wasn't too bad, I must admit. I am thinking 90 mins every week will be more than I can handle but I will do what I can. ;) I actually prefer Tony to Mr. YummyPants. Mr. YP went to fast. He seems to be for more of the seasoned yoga person...even the beginner work out went too fast for me. Tony went slower and explained the poses in layman's terms. I found it much easier to follow. *sits back and waits for the rotten tomatoes to come hurling at her for insulting Mr. YP!* :7 :7 :7 :p

I am definately moving the TM run to tomorrow afternoon. I already *warned* DH about it. ;) So I will just go take the step class. I need to stop at Costco for diapers as well so the less time spent in the gym the better. I would go before the class but Costco can be sooo unpredictable with the lines! I'll just go in all sweaty and stinky afterwards and maybe I'll be allowed to the front of the line just so no one has to smell me for too long!:p :7 ;)

Alright, let me go get some coffee and I'll be back for personals!:)

Okay, I'm back! Ofcourse, DS was ready to get up from his nap just as I logged off to make my coffee so with him up I may get cut short. I apologize if I do. :)

Shelly: I know for a fact that the class will pale compared to Cathe's step! I watch it sometimes while I'm on the TM as the door to the aerobics room is clear glass. It seems okay but the choreo is NOTHING like what Cathe does. So hold on...why did you buy a bike for DH when YOU are the one with the liscense?? Enjoy your run and whatever weight work out you choose. }(

Laurie: You used to teach group fitness? How cool! I continue to hem and haw over getting certified for either that or PT. I am just so afraid that getting a job doing that will kill my love for working out and I sooo do not want that to happen! Did you enjoy it? Did you work out on your own as well for the time that you taught?

Elaine: It was your Birthday. You had every right not to work out, busy or not!!! :) I LOVE icecream cakes, btw!:9 That is an interesting policy the gyms by you have. The daycare is where I work. I get paid for it, all be it a piddly salary. I paid my regular dues I paid since I joined the gym until I signed up for this thing to get the free membership. If I miss a class I get charged the dues I've always paid. There are no discounts. It's free or not free, that's it. LOL

Christine: They want us to take the classes so that we can talk to members about them if someone should inquire. The classes are plenty full w/o our participation, trust me! LOL The day time classes can get ridiculously packed!:eek: There are plenty of women who just come to the classes and that's it.

Carole: I am not Ab Ripper's biggest fan but it wasn't so bad the 2nd time around. I made adjustments so that it would suit me better. I will only do it once a week during my P90X rotation. I will use Cathe's abs the rest of the time. :) Don't worry about the late Christmas cards...the 2nd round of Cheetah cards haven't even been written out yet! :p

Susan: Joey hasn't seen Santa yet this year. I am planning on doing it but it just has not worked out yet. :-( Congrats on the 2 pound weight loss! That's great to have happen around the holidays! Good for you!

Jess: I hope you had good luck with the shopping today. I still have some shopping to do as well. Glad you got the van back! Have fun with the leg work later! I say do GS legs!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.