::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 11/29

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Hi cheetahs--

Haven't been around in a couple of days. Have been busy and a little down about a romantic situation that went bust this weekend. :( I did run yesterday afternoon (first workout since Saturday's failed BM2 attempt) but was too lazy to do weights after, so that's on my agenda for today--some type of u/b.

Will try to get caught up with what's been going on w/ all of you and post personals at some point later today.

-cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs-

I too was MIA yesterday. I did workout- I did kimberly spreens cardio camp/bootcamp. my first time trying it even though i had it for awhile. it was an alright workout. i would say more intermediate.

I am trying my hardest to wake up this morning as i have the leg blast premix from B & G waiting for me. I don't know if i have it in me this morning- TTOM, BLECHx(

cathy- i am sorry to hear your romantic situation didn't workout. i know it's hard but just remember things don't workout for a good reason. it just means there is someone better waiting for you:)

christine- i was estactic to read about your good news. lady, go out and celebrate!!

Don't know if i will get a chance to check back in as work is kicking my butt right now and after work, well the kiddies are in need of mommy's attention;)

have a great day to all of you great women!!:)

OK, I tried to get through the Cliff Notes version of the past few days' posts...

LD :: I bet KOP was a zoo on Friday! I would go to a Fleet Feet and get fitted by the experts. I have the Garmin 201, but if I could do it again, I would get the 205 or higher. The reason being, if you want to link it up to your computer, you are most likely going to run into problems with the 201 (as I did). Basically, I can’t upload any of the info to my PC. If that’s not important to you, then I’d go with a lower-end model. However, I believe the upper-end models get better satellite signals. Might only be an issue if you’re in an area with lots of trees.

Laura :: sorry to hear about your son's money being stolen. How rotten! Did you stepsister & stepdad take action? One of my cousins growing up was a little klepto...it got to the point where no one ever let her wander off alone. Sick!

Judy :: I do love my job…I’m just in a funk right now, so it’s hard getting back in the routine.

Mattea :: glad you’ve been getting in some good runs in the weather. What is the Veinmaker??

Elaine :: I am in the same boat, eating-wise. I must snap out of this!

Susan :: hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Wendy :: really glad to hear your knee’s back to normal. Thanks for understanding my step frustration! And come on, that pic was NOT fugly!

Sunny :: I PM’d you with the address list. :)

Christine :: yipppeeee!!! So glad for the good news!! Wow, you did have us beat on the low temps yesterday. It was 60 degrees when I went out for my run! Love that!

Jess :: thanks – I will check out the Scrambled Eggs next time I’m feeling ambitious and patient!

Barb :: what an interesting T-giving—Martha Stewart your SIL is not, I see!

Carole :: oh no! Sorry to hear about the fender bender!! I’m glad you’re OK.

Shelly :: No, I don’t have any other Cathe step workouts. I gave away Basic Step when I bought my step b/c I didn’t think I’d ever use it. I do love my Mini, but I’m sure I’ll be digging the Nano even more! I want to get one of those waterproof cases so I can run in the rain and not worry about it while I’m on the slopes, either. I’m also in the market for new sports headphones.

OK, I hope I'm caught up. Sorry if I missed anybody.

Have a great day, everyone!

Sunny :: good luck powering through B&G...sometimes a good hard workout during TTOM actually makes me feel better after! Thanks for the kind words...this was the most frustrating guy I have ever dealt with. The whole thing was a real mind f***! I'm just disgusted...LOL

carole- i am so relieved you are alright and did not get injured. sucks that had to happen in the first place:(

cathy- i am going to give it a try. i promise;). oh i remember too well how frustrating, irritating and downright disappointing men can be. irks me to even think about some of the so-called men i previously dated. on the good side they prepared me for the wonderful husband i have now. i appreciate him all the more:) . hang in there girl.

ok- i am back for a second to say I DID IT!!! well, most of it anyways, LOL. all i can say is ouch, pure evil- those firewalkers and then the low pulse lunges... i will be amazed if i am able to walk today;) .
ok, time to shower and wake the kiddos...:D

Good Morning Girls!

Well, I don't have any real DOMS to speak of from y'day's work out. I'm bummed. :-( I really expected to be in pain today! LOL

I have GS Legs on tap for nap time and I am hoping to sneak in 30 mins on the stairmill at the gym right after my shift is over. }(

I'll be back later for personals. Have a great day everyone!:)

Good morning cheetahs! Finishing up a work stretch now and then I have 5 nights off!!! woohoo:7 :7 It'll be a busy few days for me!
Tomorrow is a long run (15 miles) and a Dr. appt. Friday I'm taking in a Christmas play with my sister and parents. Saturday I'm in a race.... my first Jingle Bell 5k! It ought to be fun! Then DH and I will be hopping down to Phoenix for some shopping and a gun show.

Barb- You have GOT to bite the bullet and try Drillmax...you'll LOVE it!!!!

Carole- I hope your getting it all straightened out with your car by now! Glad to hear you're okay!

Christine- You're on a roll honey!!!! I'll bet this last test will come out good for ya!!!

Mattea- Betty the kitty is absolutely adorable!!!!!! Hey, I have to go on a search for that "vein maker" workout. Sounds like one I would go for!

LD- The iTrain workouts are available at www.iTrain.com and you can download a variety of workouts and then either burn them onto a CD or load them in a MP3 player. iTread workouts are for the treadmill naturally. They are mostly quite challenging!

Wendy- I must admit I never actually did any of the p90x rotations. I just incorporated the workouts into my own schedule. I'm just not into rotations in general! Good job on upping the weights on GS C&T!!!!!!

Susan- Decreasing your cardio to every other day sounds to me like a good strategy for you. Did you win your battle with the peanut M&Ms yesterday?

Hi Elaine!!! How are you dealing with the taper period and where is your next marathon?

Laura- I find AbRipperX to be hard on the hip flexors as well!!

Cathy- You sound unusually "down"..... I'm so sorry you've had it a little rough lately :( I like SunnyD's viewpoint. This relationship didn't work out because there's someone better waiting!

SunnyD- Good work on toughing it out with B&G despite being TTOM! There are a few good things about being an old lady.....don't have to deal with THAT anymore;-)

Okay---duty calls now. I'll try to check back later. Today will be cardiofusion:7 and later some work on the elliptical!

ShellyC

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!

Well, I’m DOMs free and raring to go! I think I’m going to try HSTA today. May toss in some abs with it. Sounds nice and energetic and that’s what I’m in the mood for. :p

Elaine – from yesterday – I think in that instance, your curry powder would do the best. Around here we have Indian stores where we can get a bunch of different curry powders (gharam marsala) but standard curry powder will work well.

Cathy – so sorry you are dealing with an icky romantic situation. Hope today goes better for you! Good to see you posting again! {{{HUGS}}} Sounds like you’re better off without him – no one should mess with your head! And I’m with Sunny – the icky ones are the ones who make me appreciate DH all the more (well, when he’s not being an idiot – it IS a natural male tendency!). 60 degrees is great running weather! We had a high of 50 yesterday. I don’t think I ever got quite warm except when I had the seat warmers on in my car (love those things!)

Sunny –hope you’re feeling better today! B&G Leg blast and TTOM is a challenging mix! Wow! I’m impressed. It is killer, though – isn’t it? Gets the legs from every direction! Take care of the kiddies and work! Enjoy your day.

Wendy – no DOMS? Just think how strong you are then! :+ Enjoy your day!

Shelly – 5 nights off! WHOO HOO!!! Have a blast! Wow – that sounds like a fun week! A Jingle Bell 5k? That’s too funny! Are you going to wear little bells? From your lips to God’s ears! Although, as I did not get a call yesterday, I’m thinking all is well. Bad news travels fast – good news takes the slow boat!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...so sorry about the romantic situation falling thru. I agree with Sunny as maybe it just wasn't meant to be. And this guy sounds to really be not worth it...Thank you, I knew the minute the guy hit me, that this was going to be just a hassle!!

Sunny...I might try something from B&G too. Good job on completing your workout!!...you have been busy the last few days!!

Shelly...wow!! enjoy your nights off! And another race....cool! I hope your 15 miles goes well...Yes, I have gotten some of the stuff with the accident taken care of. Just not sure about when my car will get fixed...:(

Christine...wow!!! the all the Timesavers for GS upper body would create some soreness!!! Good job....Have fun with HSTA.

Mattea...thanks....but nothing sporty and red!! Silver and a new model of the Corolla I had back in the 90's. Not my Rav 4, but it'll work...:)...so A-Jocks veinmaker?....I am sure I have that one somewhere....I know if its an A-Jock mish-mosh it was a tough workout! I checked out your pictures, very cute cats....I had 2 cats that looked like yours! Good pic of you and your DH after a run too...:)

Runnergirl....I think I have been married too long, I treasure days all alone...:)...thanks, I am glad to be feeling no ill effects from the accident.

Wendy...good job on upping the weights in GS C&T! Have fun with GS legs today.

Susan...glad the massages seem to be helping. I know what you mean when they get into that sore area!...YEOW!!! Thanks, and yes getting my car fixed and the rental is just a hassle. Not sure when they will get to my car....OMG...Peanut M&M's are a downfall for me....I put mine in the freezer!

Elaine...I am so like you when I run out of time, I throw out the stretch too! I have been just using my Sharkies and water for my last few long runs. But when I get up to more mileage like 16-20 miles I will have to drink some sports drink too. Thanks, I was glad to not be sore from the accident.

Laura...I am hoping not to get whiplash as it can take a few days to show up.

So we took my car to the Auto body shop yesterday and they have no room to keep it there! So it'll be back home til the parts come in to fix it or they get some room. I got my rental last night. Its a 2006 Silver Toyota Corolla. I have driven Toyotas for years so it was nice to get one.

I did blow off my run yesterday....like at Christine's the temp here was 29 and after seeing all the frost on the ground....I said screw it. Jumped on the Elliptical for 40 mins with Keith. Did iClimb 1 and I really liked it. So maybe a B&G premix and a 5 mile run today. It is a bit warmer at 36!!

Have a great day...:)

Hey Cheetahs!! I know I've been bad about posting, sorry!! I feel bad not having time to post to each & every one of you!! I swear things have just been so busy! I had PT y'day & I have PT again this morning. The u/s is definitely helping & the PT said my flexibility is great. I saw my running buddy Erin last night & she told me that she & Melissa need me for some inspiration. Awww. They're running 4-5 miles Tues & Thurs & longer runs on the weekend in preparation for Melissa running the Disney half in Jan. I soooo wish I could be out there w/ them, but I'm hopeful that I will soon..... We are going climb some stairs on Friday morning. They are doing the Hussle up the Hancock (in Chicago) in Feb, I haven't decided yet if I'll do it or not. I'll see how the stairs affect my IT band, I don't think it should be too bad if I can handle Cathe's Step workouts!!

I did Cardio Kicks for the first time this morning (thanks, Elaine!). It was fun & a nice change of pace. I have a little DOMS from GS C & T y'day, I really worked those pushups!! :p

I've been shopping & trying to get my list taken care of so I can enjoy the rest of the holidays! I want to start wrapping & need to start to work on my Christmas cards. I got some great deals at Kohl's y'day & am going back today after therapy for a few more things. Lots of 50- 60% off deals!

Have a great Wednesday, I'll try to peek back this afternoon to post some more!

Carole ~ Sorry about the car!!! At least my damage wasn't too bad, I take my van in on the 11th to get fixed. I hope they can fix yours up soon! I'm glad you were ok though! Sounds like a nice rental car though!! Wow on the temps there, we had almost record temps in the 60's here y'day!! But it's raining & supposed to cool down a lot the rest of the week. Enjoy your workout today!

Thanks Jess....it is all just a hassle (as you know). But yes, I do have a nice car to drive in the meantime. Isn't Cardio Kicks fun!! Don't worry about being too busy to post personals. This is a busy time of year and we all go thru that!!...:)

Hi Cheetahs,
It was leg day for me today – but I felt unmotivated so I bounced around between DVDs, doing parts of B&G, L&G & GSL to mix it up. I tried to get in more leg presses as I’ve been avoiding them for the past month.

• On L&G: Leg presses & calves
• On GSL: squats, lunges, deadlifts & slo-mo lunges & leg presses .
• Then on B&G the leg presses, walking lunges & bonus glutes & firewalkers and then the 2 floorwork exercises.

It was like channel surfing….No cardio today. Just giving it a rest because I feel mentally stressed and need to catch up on things at home. If the mood strikes, I may walk on the TM later, but I need to get up super early tomorrow a.m. to squeeze in my run.

Sunny – good job on the leg blast premix. The firewalkers are a killer, especially when you go low.

Shelly-Thanks for the push to try drill max. I previewed it today and the weight exercises look interesting. It reminds me of HSC at first glance.

Carole—Glad you’re ok post car crash. That is scary, but lucky that you are not hurt. A Corolla is a good rental. You will look good in it! Don’t sweat blowing off your run yesterday. It was good of you to roll with life’s punches. Good luck with the run today. Funny that the temps are cold on the west coast. It’s been unseasonably warm here in Michigan.

Cathy—I’m sorry about the romance problems. I still feel grateful everyday for the worst breakup of my life – meaning, now that I don’t feel like total crap, I’m so glad it didn’t work out because he was not a good match for me. Do what you need to do to get through the tough time. Godiva chocolates may be in order.
I have some cheap Sony sports headphones. They clip over the back of your ears. A nano is on my wishlist.

Wendy—Good luck with the leg workout during naptime! I love your coffee maker avatar. I'm thinking of doing iTread 9 tomorrow.

Christine—HSTA is a good workout. I’ll have to put that on my list to do sometime soon. Glad you are feeling energetic today. Hoping for good news later today!

Susan—glad you are feeling good about experimenting with pacing workouts to mamimize recovery/minimize injury. Not an easy thing to do. Peanut M&Ms are a hard thing to put down. The salty-sweet combo is addictive!

Jess- Good job not pushing it back to running before your ready. Glad the PT is helping and it sounds like you’re being very productive with your time. Great job getting shopping done.

Elaine--I got the new orthotics. They will need adjustments, which is incredibly annoying. The arch is too high, but the heel part which will help my hip is on target. I think it's smart of you not to mess with yours before a race. I have a break-in plan I was given for mine, wearing them 1 hour a day, adding an hour each day and no running in them until I make it to day 7.

LD- are you making progress on buying shoes? What is looking good to you? My DH is out of town, but for now I’m enjoying the quiet at home.

Judy—is today a weight day for you? When do your older kids come home for the holidays?

Mattea—how was the veinmaker yesterday? Yikes that’s a hard workout.

Hi to everyone checking in later and other missing Cheetahs: Linda, Katrina, Coco, Natalie.

-Barb

:) :)

Good morning ladies cheetahs,

I am feeling the bloat of my yummy M and M's last night. That is okay though, it is not going to send me in a funk. I am eating my apples and cashews right not for breafast and of course my green tea.

I am going to take a break from cardio and do an all leg workout. I did the lying leg work of butts and gutts yesterday so I think I will do the standing portion and also BM2 upper body.

I also have to continue my xmas shopping. I can't believe how expensive it gets buying for everyone. I also have to start my xmas cards.

Cathy, I am so sorry you are down. There is someone wonderful out there for you. Hang in there and we MISSED you. I am so used to seeing your name at the top of the page. Have a good workout today!

Sunnydelite, WOW, great workout! I am really enjoying Butts and Gutts. I failed on the eating last night. How is your eating going?

Wendy, I have not done Gs legs in awhile. I used to hate working legs, butI am enjoying it now. When are you starting the P90x rotation?

Shelly, 5 day off, WAHOO!!!! That will be great for you. Enjoy your run of 15 miles tomorrow. Is your groin injury completely healed now? I did finally put the m and m's down last night and I did not do too much damage. I just get annoyed with myself.

Christine, hopefully it is not too cold today. I have not been outside yet. Have fun with HSTA! I have always loved that workout.

Carole, good idea putting the candy in the freezer. I never thought of that. I don't blame you for not wanting to run in the cold. I can barely get out of bed and I am from Chicago, you would think I would be used to it. Have a great workout today. It looks like a lot of us are doing Butts and Gutts.

Barb, sounds like a great mish mosh this morning. I have not been doing the leg presses either lately. I have to say though, I kind of like them. It is the squats that I hate.

Jess, I hear ya when it comes to Kohl's. I think they know my name there now. THey have great deals!!!! I am glad you enjoyed cardio kicks this morning. It is fun to do something new. HAve a great day!

Well ladies that is it for me. Have a great Day!

Cheers!

Susan

Good Afternoon Ladies:) I'm just getting ready for work and thought I'd check in and check out what's been going on around here before hand. We're all taking turns feeling crappy around here, I've got a head cold and Faith's home for her second day in a row. Elizabeth missed her first class today because of wicked cramps, we're a pretty sorry lot actually;-) Today was B-Max2 cardio blast, I am addicted to that routine and loving it, I followed with B&G and was really hoping I'd sweat all of the crap out but it was not to be. We're having some amazing temps here this week and it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, yipee!!!:)

Cathy, hope your spirit lifts real soon:)

Sunny, love those firewalkers }(

Wendy, sounds like a great lower body workout today!

Shelly, have fun on your days off you busy Cheetah you:)

Christine, I'm so happy that things are working out for you, maybe this roller coaster ride is coming to a happy end soon.

Carole, you've had an eventful few days!!! Glad you're not hurt and that your nephew is taking good care of you.

Jess, enjoy your mild weather.

Barb, nice mish-mosh. I love having more options with the new workouts to mix things up even more!

Susan, have fun shopping, I need to get on that. Can't believe we're turning the calenders to December on Friday...YIKES!!!

I'd better make myself presentable for work...see ya :D

Take Care
Laurie

Hi Laurie,
I hope your household gets to feeling better soon. What a great workout you did today! Send some of your temps here. It is FREEZING!!!

Have a great day.

Susan

Hey Ladies!

Well once I really started moving around this morning the DOMS in my u/b I was seeking began to kick in! WOOH!}( Only a Catheite looks forward to the pain, ey? ;)

So I tried that stairmill thing at the gym...not a fan. I was tripping over the stairs or stepping too far and it was hurting my toes. x( I felt like if I didn't do the work out literally staring down at my feet to see where I am placing them that I was going to eventually hurt myself. I forced myself to spend 10 mins on it, then I did 10 on the ellipitcal and 10 walking a steep incline on the TM. I can see where the stairmill would be a good work out if you can do it properly. I'm just a spaz! LOL I may continue to try it a few more times though...maybe I just need to get used to it or something. Who knows...

I just ate something and I'm having my coffee...I'll do GS legs in a bit.

I guess it's a good time for personals! I'll post 'em separately!

TOODLES!:+

Shelly: Sounds like you have a fun few days planned off from work! Well, except for the doc visit! LOL Ofcourse...if your doc is a hottie that could be a different story! LMAO! ;)

Christine: HSTA...have fun! LOVE that work out! So I'm not that strong after all girl...my upper body's flamin' right now!}(

Carole: Man, you poor gals in CA are in the midst of an unusual cold spell and here on the east coast we have been having ridicuously warm temps for this time of year! 60's and near 70!!!! I can't say I want to switch with ya though...sorry!:p What a pain that they can't keep the car at the shop right now. ACK. If it's not one problem, it's another. Hopefully it gets fixed fast. I'm glad you like the rental atleast. I had to drive an SUV when I was getting my car fixed. I was not comfortable in it after driving a car for so long. I had a pick up truck once but that was years ago so I was no longer used to the size and the lift.

Barb: Good job on the leg work. Don't worry about the cardio. I'm sure you'll make it up somehow.}( TY re the avitar.:7

Jess: I must have missed that you were doing GSC&T y'day too! I'm glad to have some company in DOMSville. ;)

Susan: I prefer to work upper body to legs myself. Have fun with your work out today. I plan to begin P90X after the 1st of the year. I'm askeered!:eek: I decided that I will do the classic rotation but I will add running to it by either subbing one of Tony's cardios or simply adding it in on a weight day in the rotation every week. I can't abandon running completely...I'm too afraid to after I've worked so hard to get to where I'm at.

Laurie: We are having very warm weather here too! Upper 60's today and they say it COULD hit 70!!! ENJOY! Hope everyone feels better!

Fitkansas: Have fun with CM tonight!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.