::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 11/22

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy hump day, cheetahs-

I wound up bagging yoga last night. Souns terrible but I was too comfortable to leave the couch! I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze in a workout today because of how broken up my day is, but with four days off, I'm not concerned.

Christine :: the B2B race sounds like a riot! When is it again? Wendy, maybe we oughta consider a trip to San Fran! Hey, maybe that could be the official cheetah meet-up! We'll dress like cheetahs, natch.

Susan :: hope you're not too busted after doing cardio last night. Be careful!

Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have great workouts & for those going away, have a great T-giving! I'll be back later.

-cathy :)

ETA: PS...A last call re: the holiday card list...I know not all the cheetahs are able to check in on a daily basis, so if you missed this (a cheetah holiday card exchange), please PM me your mailing address today.

Good mornin' cheetahs-

christine- i live in winston salem, nc. I would also love to run a race by the beach. no worries for me re: thanksgiving-i'm eating, lol. i really like jari's slim and lean and ripped 1000.

carole-you are such a dedicated person you run in the rain. i guess i am just a wimp, hehehehe

elaine- hope you had fun with your kindergartener yesterday. mine (K)also had a thanksgiving luncheon it was so much fun. jari says you may burn 1000 calories but that is a looooooooong shot, lol.

linda- i do like 1000, it's tough in a different way. 1000 had cardio in between the compound weight training exercises. s &L has a ton of reps that once you are done you feel it!

susan- how wer the cinamon rolls:9 i think i will realistically wait until after the holidays to get serious about cleaning up my eating. it will be my new year's resolution:D

katrina- thanks so much. i will never tire of hearing congrats! lol

jess- PUB memorized, wow. i don't think i own a single workout i have memorized, welll maybe KPC!

wendy- so when are you thinking of doing a HM? i agree w/ you re: ripped 1000. yesterday while doing the football runs on the step i acutally fell on my a$$, lol

cathy- i really dislike cold, dark, dreary weather-but what can you do, besides move to the islands. ahhhhhhhh, now there's a thought, lol

for all the ladies that asked yesterday about metabolic effect class-it's a 30 min. class that consists of compound weight exercises with cardio bursts in between. you can check out www.metaboliceffect.com. geez, there is a website for everything nowadays.

today's workout is a 4-5 mile TM ready, so i better get going.

talk to you ladies later:)

Good Morning girls!

Sunny: I read about your Ripped 1000 incident and posted about it in Shrinking Violets last night. I copied it and brought it here so that you could see what I wrote....:7
"Sunny, You fell on your butt!? :7 :7 :7 *regains composure* I'm so sorry that happened. I hope you did not hurt yourself! :7 :7 :7 *has to leave the room before getting smacked* :7 :p

Cathy: So do you have some bang-up work outs planned for the long weekend? }(

LD: So how often does your MIL come to visit? Not often I hope! LOL No worries here about the Christmas cards girl. I am bad about it too but this is only a handful so I'm gonna try REEEEAAALLLLLYYYY hard not to mess it up! :7

Fitkansaschick: I said I was going to cut my running back to 2x per week when I got the new Cathe's. HAH! I still try to run 3x if I can. I just can't stop!!!! LOL

Elaine: RttC is tougher than S&L IMO so you may be better off with it. I just prefer S&L because some of RttC's compound work is tough for me...I can't find a proper weight for them. I either too heavy on the u/b or light on the l/b. That's the only reason I prefer S&L to be honest. Ripped 1000 is different from any Cathe circuit I have done. The cardio bursts are simple, high energy and short but they work! The weight work is mostly compound if I remember correctly. Since the exercises are different from RttC's, I don't have the same problem with it which is good. So you really think I could do a 10 miler in May!?!? YIKES! LOL I'm not OFFICIALLY at 6 yet. I've gone 5.75 so far...I think I'm too chicken to actually go for the 6 miles! LOL It can also be a time factor since I am a pretty slow runner. Ah well...sorry for the short story! Have a great day! :7

Susan: To be completely honest, that 4 days of cardio rotation didn't last very long so there were no noticable differences. LOL Why don't you try shortening your cardios every other day? Try doing 30 mins on the days you do weight work. That's what I will often do. It's just enough to satisfy me w/o going overboard. You can also choose a lighter work out for those days.

Christine: Don't me get wrong, it sounds like a blast! I just don't want to see some old guys @ss (or worse!*GASP!*) as I'm runnin' down the road! LOLOL So what's with the tortillas???

So are all of the Cheetahs working out on Turkey Day? I am for sure! I can't decide if I will go to the gym for an elliptical work out or stay home and have some fun with Cathe. :)

Okay, well I gotta run...I'm workin' the early shift today!

Wendy- lol, no i didn't hurt myself, however it was a funny sight. i am definitely working out tomorrow. I will be spending time with my beloved cathe. LIC!

Good Morning Cheetahs,
I don't know why but I feel really tired today. I usually feel alot better in the mornings. Anyway depending on how I feel later I might do BM2 as it is scheduled on my rotation. I might just take a rest day.

Cathy enjoy your day and have a good w/out if you can get it in. Enjoy the 4 days off. Oh and I don't think I ever replied about where I live. I live about 15 min out of Philly. The opposite way from you.

SunnyD, Enjoy that TM w/out. I am going to try to run tommorow morning.

Wendy, The mil doesn't visit very often so I don't have to overhaul my house too many times a year! At least I get it super duper clean a couple times a year! She keeps me on my toes!

OK, I'll come back later and post more personals. Have a great day all. I am off to scrub toilets and bathtubs. Hey Cathy you are not too far I'll pay fill the gas up in your car if you come over and help me clean bathrooms! LOL.
LD}(

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...don't feel bad about bagging yoga, my workout fell apart yesterday too!! I cannot wait for some days off work myself...:)

Sunny....you are not a wimp at all!!! I have just run for so darn long, that not much weather deters me....plus living in Calif the weather doesn't get too bad...

Wendy...I don't know if I think S&L is easier than RTTC...as I have only done S&L once. I do like the compound exercises in RTTC though. I don't have the newest Jari. Yes, of course I will be working out on TG!!

Runnergirl....I am with you as I'd pay ALOT to get help cleaning the dreaded bathrooms!!! Enjoy your rest or workout depending on how you feel.

I only ran 3 miles yesterday and no abs due to some stomach issues. YUK!!! Feel better today. I am doing BM2 premix 3 and LIC premix 1.

I'll be back for more personals

Good morning everyone!

Cathy – I don’t blame you for staying on a comfy couch instead of the yoga last night! You deserved a break anyway! And like you said….you will have 4 days off, so you can probably fit in what you want to on those days.

Christine – Wow! That sounds like an ….ummm….interesting race! Lol! It sounds fun. When is this race?

Sunny – Your metabolic class sounds a lot like 1000. Do you think it is? I finally previewed 1000 last night and it looks great! Oh my! You poor thing! I am glad you did not get hurt when you fell! I could see me doing that during the football runs, too!

Wendy – I’ll bet you could do a 10 miler by May! I agree with Elaine – you are over ½ way there, already! I “think” I am going to take tomorrow off, instead of working out, since we will be traveling. I may do something tomorrow evening, but I doubt it. I will give my mouth a good workout, though! Eating and eating!

Susan – I definitely can relate to what you said about the immune system and overtraining! That has happened to me a few times and I have to be careful to not have to many “intense” long sessions. It usually happens to me if I do a lot of heavy weight work…along with a lot of cardio. I have to have a happy medium at least most of the time.

LD – I hope you get to feeling better! Have fun if you get to do BM2 and don’t work too hard cleaning!

This morning I ran 6 miles on the TM.

Hi to everyone and hope everyone has a great day and holiday!

Linda

Carole - I hope your stomach woes are better! Enjoy your workout! And while you are at it....send me some of that nice Ca weather!

Linda

Elaine...you day with your daughters class yesterday sounds like so much fun. How did the Turkey trot go! I have had mammo's before so I know the drill....it is just an area on my body where there is hardly ANY fat....One time I just had one side squished so many times as the girl could not get a good pic. I told her next time I'd just get a chest X-Ray! She did not understand my humor at all...:)...my TG meal will be Tofurkey, garlic mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade veggie gravy, whole wheat rolls and one of my families favorite traditions....Almond flavor champagne! I have Jari's RTTC and I like it. Check out Deep Discount DVD for great prices on Jari's workouts.

Linda...good workout yesterday. I have most of the Firms, but have not done them in years! I don't mind running in the rain, except if it is very windy. Thanks, my stomach is much better today!! I would share the nice weather of I could....but it is raining now!!

Shelly...I'd love to send you some rain. It just poured last night. I got my TG shopping done yesterday too. I am also childless like you...unless my immature DH counts..??!!??

Susan...you might have just pushed you body hard. I do that too and then my body tels me I need to rest!!

Christine...my DH loves making Portobella sandwiches and it is seeming to be a sunday night thing for us. Good luck on your heatlhy eating transition. I will say i discovered so many new foods when I went vegan. I did reply to your email...:)...I think running B2B would be way fun Christine!!! You ran next to Kiss?...you mean Gene himself????

Wendy..how are your legs today from the B&G burner yesterday!! I used to wash my running shoes until I read how it breaks them down!! I hope the after X-Mas sale works out!

have a great day cheetahs....

Good morning! Since the kids are out of school I won't be able to get outside to run. Therefore, after doing the floor only portion of GS Legs I will hop on my elliptical for some steady state cardio. After that I need to finish up my TG meal shopping.

Cathy, Looking at 4 days off must feel good! Do you have family nearby that you will spend tomorrow with?

Sunny, I did have fun with my DD's class yesterday. That age is so perfect, fairly self sufficient and still innocent. The only aspect about the feast that I didn't like much was seeing one little boy who did not dress up in his Indian costume because his parents are Jehovah's Witnesses. I mean, he can eat the feast food, say what he is thankful for, but he can't wear his costume? And it was obvious that he did not understand because he kept insisting to the teacher that he had made a costume so why could he not wear it. She told him his mother had taken it home the day before. I just don't understand the sort of dogma that leaves a child to feel left out of innocent fun!

Wendy, After my final post last night I ordered SL from Amazon. Since I haven't even tried RTTC yet (I did preview it though) I have no idea whether or not I will even like doing any of Jari's workouts. I think I'm gonna have to get 1000 too! Does the role of enabler make you feel powerful! :7 If you add distance to your runs a little at a time between now and May you will easily work up to 10 miles, piece of cake! And, yes, I will workout tomorrow.

Susan, Maybe you can keep all of your cardio but just make some of them easier workouts. It is hard for me to not push as hard as I can in my 5 to 6 cardio sessions a week but I feel great when I do balance the intensity.

LD, Due to a couple of days of having company recently my house is pretty clean so I won't have to do too much in that area in my preparations for tomorrow. Perhaps you are tired this morning because you have bathroom scrubbing duty ahead of you!:7

Carole, I hope you stomach issues are better today and you have an awesome workout today. So, which is your favorite....RTTC or SL? Do you have 1000? I can sort of understand the mammo person not understanding humor. The first time I had mine done I asked her "So, this is what you do all day? Manipulating all sorts of boobs?" She did NOT think that was funny! OK,give up the almond champagne recipe!!

Linda, So do you have any other Jari workouts other than 1000? Finding that happy medium is not always easy is it?

I truly hope you all have a fabulous TG! Talk to you later!

Elaine - I have all of the other Jari's, so far. I really love them all a lot! I can't wait to try 1000. So far, I think I like S&L the best. It is a little longer and more intense than the original Ripped. R2TC is great and tough, but for "some unknown reason" I think I like S&L better. I guess that may change at some time, though! ;-)

Carole - I haven't done any of the Firm's forever, either....except I do the floorwork of Volume I regularly. I think that is really good and effective for me :7 Your planned dinner sounds yummy!

Linda

Hello all today will be a nice outdoor run of 3 miles. It is suppose to get up to 72 degrees today. I mentioned in yesterdays thread that I am going to cut my running days from 3 a week to 2 days a week. I really want to get in more of my Cathe. I have also decided (that for now) 6 miles needs to be my maximum.

Warning TMI to follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have noticed that after I run more than 8 miles I have blood in my stool. I Googled the problem and it is actually very common in long distance runners. It really scared me. I keep a "health" calendar and sure enough the blood issue has occured after long runs. My running partner says she gets blood in her urine after the 13 mile point. When I keep at the 6 mile point, no blood.

My mileage has really helped me slim down and I am scared that I will gain weight. If one of you could help me with a rotation that will allow me to run twice a week (one 3 mile one maybe with some weights, and one longer 6 mile one) and do Cathe the other three I would appreciate it.

Did I ever so all of you this picture? It is me on the day of the Race For The Cure. (not sure if this will work)
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1268/5042102/10322187/205998327.jpg

G'morning Cheetahs!! Busy morning so far so I didn't let myself get on here til now!! ;-) I did IMAX 3 this morning, I just love that one!! I was feeling a little DOMS still from B & G on Monday though!! ;-) Knee was hurting last night, I stretched & foam rolled some more. The foam roller felt more painful, I hope I didn't hurt myself by running 2 miles. I have my PT this morning so we'll see what the PT says....

I have to pack for my Mom's house & make a few things (Chex Mix & strawberry pretzel salad are on the list!). We'll leave after Greg gets home from work tonight so we will be to my Mom's by dinner. We'll be staying til Sunday sometime, but I can check in from Mom's computer!!

I'm going to GS BSB this afternoon & I'm packing KPC & KM so I can do them at my Mom's. I don't want to have to pack all of my weights & step!! She has a treadmill that I can use too & I plan on doing pushups so I don't feel too lazy!! I know, I'm a dork!! }(

Oh, and Kiersten's program y'day was sooo cute. She looked like an adorable Pilgrim. My best friend Marsha brought her ds Garrett (Kiersten's *boyfriend*, he only has half day kindie) so she was sooo excited that they came too. I loved hearing her sing their Thanksgiving songs & they had a very nice feast. The church service was so nice last night too, sometimes I think I have so much to be thankful for that I don't know where to start!!

OK, I'm sorry I've been so lax on personals. I swear I sit down to type out a short msg & my fingers just start flying!! :p

Girls are all better. Yeah!! I have to remember to pack their meds, they're all on a different one!!

Gotta get ready for my PT appt & get a couple other errands done! Have a great Wednesday & I'll check back in this afternoon!

Love the picture!! No, I don't think I've ever seen a pic of you before!! You look great!!

I don't know about the blood in the stool problem. Maybe someone else has had it? I haven't been running & haven't gained weight just from keeping up w/ my Cathe workouts! ;-) I have been trying to do an IMAX (I just have 2 & 3), a circuit (loving DM & C & W), and a kickbox workout to mix things up. Plus I've been doing the GS workouts for strength. Good luck! I'm not one to do a real rotation, I try to mix things up & do what I feel like! ;-)

Oh Dear!
I typerd this this long reply with personals and got up to talk to a kid and I some how lost it!!!!

Any way I did 7.2mile out door run. The sun was out and no wind, but it was 24 degrees. I really don't mind the cold after my hands get warmed up.

My DS, a former cross counrty and track runner, ran the golf course this morning and found the hills to be tough. He runs in Boston on hills all the time too! I wish he would do a marathon, his body is made for it!

Fit Librarian- there are countless ways to do runs twice per week and Cathe Dvd's. You could check out the rotation forum and substitute runs for some of the cardios. Many of Cathe's rotations have some runs in them.

It is easy to do one body pert per day with two runs and non-running short cardios on other days except leg day.

A 3 day split works well too, think GS or PS or S&H with short cardios added on UB days and the long run on a separate day.

Doing 3 days of circuits, the two runs, and one total body weight day will work too.

Or you culd do one week of each of the above and the repeat it.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

*hobbles into thread, moaning with each step* That evil, evil women :+ was not kidding when she named that workout Butts & Guts. My butt was worked from every angle including some I never knew existed. Holy Toledo! I had done the floorwork premix, but that does NOTHING to prepare you for the entire thing. Oh yeah, I think it’s a new favorite. And here I thought, “well, I won’t burn many calories, it’s just a leg workout.” I was very happy to be wrong. Thank heavens I get to sit for the next few hours!

Cathy – Oh I would LOVE to have a Cheetah GTG for the Bay to Breakers – what a riot that would be! We could all wear black shorts and singlets with Cheetah ears and tails! I’d spend the night in San Fran with you because getting into the city for the race is a bear!

Sunny – Enjoy your run! I get the Emerald Isle two or three times a year. I know you’re about 3.5/4 hours from me, but we should do a GTG and run on the beach!

Wendy – there was ONE guy who I only saw from the back (thank heavens – wouldn’t want my fantasies shattered :p) who looked like a Greek god – man did he look FINE from the rear. And he was running without a stitch. But yeah, usually they are not the ones you want to see! And the tortillas? It’s San Francisco, who knows. Mostly likely someone started it one year way back when (the race was started in the early 1900’s after the big quake of 1906 to boost moral of the people) and it just took off. But they are tossed through the air at the starting line. I’ll probably end up at the gym. I wanted to run, but I have to see how the glutes are feeling!

LD – hope you’re feeling better! Let us know how it goes!

Carole – I’m laughing about the Krinkle Cut Kettle Chips – I ate those last night – too many of them! Paying for it today in bloat. Oh well, it will go away. I hope you’re feeling better!! I made the Porcini Mushroom Barley soup last night and it was quite tasty. I’m experimenting with different things and enjoying it. I have to admit, I’m not really hungry. I doubt Mr. Simmons actually ran, but the group that did really looked like them. It was funny – I saw them at the expo afterwards and they still had perfect makeup. How do MEN figure that out better than I do?

Linda – it certainly is interesting. We don’t go anymore because parking and getting back to the car is traumatic, but we’ve run it twice. It was fun. The race is usually around May 15th (It’s always on a Sunday).

Elaine – enjoy your elliptical run and your shopping. I have to do that today as well. We’re going to friends, so I don’t need a lot, but I did volunteer three dishes and a pie.

Natalie – LOVE that picture! Nice to see your beautiful face! Have you spoken to a doctor? Is this something that is common and not bad – or is it a warning to cut back? I’m sure the wonderful ladies here will help you put together a rotation. Believe me, Cathe can get you working. Nothing is quite like running, but with 2 days a week, you should be fine.

Jess – I’ll be thinking about you during PT! Hope the running didn’t do anything as I know you have been dying to run and have been sooo good about it. I’ll bet your little pilgrim looked adorable!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Hey Judy – I hate when that happens!! So you ran with your DS? How fun! Sounds like you are having a great time with him home!

Well, should pretend to get back to work – there is NOTHING going on here. I’ll hobble into the kitchen soon to make some oatmeal…

Hey girls! I'm here for some quick personals.

LD: OY, I HATE cleaning bathrooms! Thank goodness I only have one in my home! LOL Hope it wasn't too bad for ya!;)

Carole: Sorry about the stomach problems y'day. Hope today is better for you!

Linda: TY for the 10 miler encouragement. You won't be the only one exercising your mouth! Why do you think I signed up for a 5 mile race the next day!?!? ;)

Elaine: I LOVE being the enabler. It's sooo much fun! }(

Fitkansaschick: Great pic!

Jess: Have fun at your mom's over the holiday and good job on IMAX 3!

Judy: Great run this morning!

Christine: LOL! I had to laugh at your reaction to Butts and Guts. I have DOMS in my upper thighs, hips and glutes from the dastardly premix I did y'day!!!}(
That race sound CRAZY! It could be worth takin' a trip out for! We could plan a family vacation for the week that the race takes place! Could you imagine!? WHAT FUN! :+

Well ladies, I sure have DOMS from the B&G premix I did y'day! It's not awful but it's there in my upper thighs, hips and a little in the glutes!}(

Okay, I have no freakin' clue what work out to do today! I am so distraught! LOL I was planning a run tonight and that's it. It's COLD outside though and I fear I won't want to go out there later to go the gym! I am also antsy and wanting to do something NOW! I COULD do upper body now and run later or just save cardio for tomorrow-though it wouldn't be a run. I could also do a Cathe cardio now w/no run and do u/b tomorrow. ACK! I'm sooo confused! LOL Aaaah well...I will figure it out some how...If this is my biggest problem in life then I have NOTHING to complain about, right? ;)

Here ya go! I just made it! Not healthy, but my family requested it!!

2 2/3 (I just use 3) cups crushed pretzels
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake about 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.

In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. After dissolved, add 1/2 c. cold water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.

Enjoy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.