:::: CHEETAHS :::: Wed., 1/3

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs.

I woke up still feeling like a vise grip is squeezing the sides of my head. Debated whether or not to stay home, but my kids are in the computer lab today starting a project and I really need to make sure they are on the right track. I'm still gonna aim to work out this afternoon - if not a run (which I'm hoping for), then at least something light.

I checked yesterday's posts...I am basically caught up except to say: Christine ~ thank you! I'm sure the soup helped somewhat. I still need to get to a bookstore and pick up Vegan Planet.

Hope everyone has a good day. Will be back later to catch up.

-Cathy :)

good morning ladies....

another sleepless night...x( too much on my mind and alot of excitement and anxiety. i am training my first client this morning!! i got to train someone yesterday, i was nervous at first but after i got started, i loved it! one of the other perks to working at the gym is (so far) it's helped me to eat better. in my mind i feel like if i want to be a trainer than i had better look like i know what i am talking about, lol.

so no workout for me this morning but i am going to the gym this afternoon for the Metabolic effect class and hoping after work to hop on the elliptical for at least 30 mins. when i get home.

cathy- i hope you feel better today. i hate being sick. i hope to find out about the position sometime next week as the director is out all of this week.

carole- what type of dvd player do you have? i need to get a new multi-disk, programmable dvd player.

have a great day ladies. i will try to check back in later and let you know how it went with my first client:) :p

I've fiddled around with the Jan. rotation and wound up setting up a rotation with NO rest days. (I noticed that Cathe's original only had one rest day each in weeks one and three.) Was just wondering what you ladies thought of that. It seems like many of you work out 7 days...but of course, we have some SuperCheetahs in our midst! *lol* Think it's realistic for me? And safe? I really wanted to go hardcore this month and burn off some of this darned pudge! TIA for any feedback!

OK, gotta jet!
Cathy :)

Good morning, Sunny! Sorry about another sleepless night...I do the same when I'm pumped up or nervous about something. Good luck today with your first client...I'm sure you'll be great! How exciting to be kicking off this new phase of your life. Enjoy your workout this afternoon, and thanks for the feel-good vibes. :)

Good morning all! I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words of concern regarding me and my DH. You guys are the greatest!!!!!!!
DH is still doing well. After I get off work in a couple of hours I have a stretch of days off :) and I'll be setting up follow up doc appointments. Today after my nap I'll get in a 10-12 mile run and some core work.... or maybe some yoga....haven't done that for a while. I was supposed to do my 12 mile run last Sunday but I could only get 7 in...I was too worried about the hubby and had to get back to the hospital. Anyway, I should get back to my normal routine:7

ShellyC

Time to catch up on some personals:7 :7 :7

Cathy- I'm so sorry your still under the weather! You are sure one dedicated teacher:D If you want to have a rotation with no rest days may I suggest at least one day being relatively light.... like yoga? As nutty as I am even I don't train hard 7 days/wk!!

SunnyD- I envy your client today. She- or he- is going to get one helluva session!!! You'll probably crash tonight and catch up on your sleep I imagine.

Marcia- Thank you so much for your beautiful and generous words to me yesterday... All tanned and ready for Mexico!! Are you going to get in any runs while you're there or will it be just relaxation and fun?

Christine- How great that you're organizing your own running group!!!
I've been enabling a couple of young nurses at my job myself}( They'll be running the half marathon in Phoenix.

Carole- Thank you for your concern also. Sorry your DH is sick!!!
Hope it's a better day for you.

KathyG- (Hope you read this today) How great to hear from you! I remember how hard it was for you when you were injured and that you had to give up your plans on running a 30k. You sound very positive now. I hope you'll continue to check in with us and let us know how your prep for the HM is going.

Susan- Great to hear from you! I just loved the pics of you and Jess and all your cute little girls!!! Sounds like you maintained just fine with your "break".

Kristi- Hey there.... another long lost cheetah!!! Welcome back:7
Sorry that you were injured. I've been dealing with that myself and it can be so discouraging!!!! So it's the derby HM for ya? Do you live near Louisville? I used to work there!

Wendy- Hey... you did it!!!! The first step in getting back in the groove so to speak:7 I know it will fall into place for you, especially with the cheetahs naggin at you faithfully!

Jess- Sorry you've been under the weather too, but you still manage to get so much accomplished!!! You are amazing!

Got some duties to attend to.... hopefully I can check back in later!

ShellyC

Shelly- I went back a day a and just read about DH. Thankfully he is OK. The concern and worry and stress really must have been difficult. After working in Respritatory Care (in all types of ICU's and ER's) I so understand your point of view... A routine will help now I believe. Hugs to you and DH!

Cathy- more healing vibes!

Sunny- best of luck with the new client(s)

GTG get DS on bus and meet for a 5 mile canal run in 30" so TTFN friends!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

hello,
I have managed not to workout since saturday. Just have had too much going on or too tired. I havent skipped workouts like that in along time. Oh well, tonight I wil go to my brother's bootcamp class, so hopefully it will break this weeks cycle of not working out. I am going to have a hard time getting up next wednesday morning for early class, 5am. I havent wanted to get up at 7am let alone 5am.I have been doing that colon detox stuff for 2 days now and nothing has happened. My intestines must really be messed up. I dont know what i should do about this.I get so bloated and miserable for days on end. I eat fruit daily,veggies too.?????

hope you all have a nice day!!

Good morning ladies! Thank you all for the warm welcome back. I have missed you all, but life just got in the way.

I'm already at work (starting time is 7:30 for me so I can take 1 1/2 hours during lunch to workout). On taps for today is a short 2 mile run & a short premix of either B&G, GSL, or L&G. I need to look at the premixes to see which one to do. I will only have 30 minutes for weight work so I want to make it count.

I'll check back a little later, hopefully when I have more time to do personals.

Have a great day!!

I'll ch

Good Morning Cheetah Ladies!

Today is S&H Tri’s and Bi’s and a 5 mile tempo run. I had planned to go to the gym to run, but as DD17 needs a doctor’s appointment for yet another bladder infection, I figured I’d just run outside to iTread 6 Outdoors. It’s a tough one. :+

Cathy – I really hope you’re feeling better. Your dedication to your kids is really a great thing! I’m sending healing vibes so you can get something in this afternoon. About rest days – you need them – although active rest days are helpful, too – you can do yoga or stretching and that will count as a rest day.

Sunny – oh I’m sorry you’re not sleeping well! But how exciting – your first client!!! Let us know how it goes – although I’m sure you’ll do fabulous!!

Shelly – you and your DH are still in my thoughts. Have fun with your run today. Sounds like a nice one. Oh great for the nurses!!! I love it when we can influence for the good!

Judy – enjoy you canal run!!! Sounds like fun and from the post card – absolutely gorgeous!

Laura – Think of this past week as the rest needed to prepare for the rest of the year. Enjoy your bro’s class tonight. I think some detox works better than others. Maybe do the one Carole does as that really helps her. And it may just take a few days to work it’s way through your system.

Kristi – Enjoy your run and your weight work! Glad to have you back!!

I did really well yesterday, except I ate too much candy at the end. WHY!!!!???? So, I’m giving all the candy to my DD’s, so it’s not in my view! So I have a slight sugar hangover. Funny thing, if it’s not around, I don’t miss it at all. If it is, I can’t control. x( x( x( x(

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...so have you and my DH been seeing each other?? You have the same symptoms...(but hands down he is the bigger whiner!!)...:)..I am really sorry though for you, as he is sounding awful and today my nephew did an adjustment on his sinuses. I hope it helps...and I will be taking Airborne to help me from getting it...I do know how annoying it is to catch a bug as we try so hard to avoid them. I hope yours clears up real soon, I think the clean eating will help...Sorry about your head in the vice this morning! Maybe as the day goes on you might feel better...I know in my old player BC/ME would sometimes freeze up but they don't seem to in the new player.

Wendy...way to go on the 40# dumbbell set!! A bar would be great!...glad you got in a workout today...those darn pikes Cathe does after PUB are tough as the arms are fried. Doing your own was a good idea...:)

Jess...sorry about the headache...:(...you still got alot done and I bet it is never ending.

Sunny...Sorry about the insomnia! It probably is due to the excitement of training clients! Enjoy your workout today. I have a few favorite FB teams. The Raiders will always be one (they did so well this year!...NOT!) as my Dad was a huge fan and we watched many Raider games together. I also like KC, Green Bay and the Cowboys. I actually just like football altogether and most all of the teams. There are a couple teams that I don't mind seeing loose...:)....but I'm not telling...I bought a Sony 5 disc DVD player and found the best price at radio Shack. It was $129.99.

Shelly...you are in a taper now so the distance is not important, so don't worry about doing 7 instead of 12! My DH seems better today and I am back to the old routine now that the holidays have passed!!

Judy..enjoy your 5 mile run with friends.

Laura...are you drinking enough water? That is good to do when detoxing and cleansing.

Kristi...are the premixes great, they give a good workout when you get short on time.

Christine...you are so welcome!! That is awesome your DD's BF preferred the chili over a hot dog. (I would have done that even before eating this way!!). It did feel good getting back to S&H! Have fun with bis & tris today! Sorry about DD's bladder infection, those can be no fun! Enjoy your run with iTread...

I am doing a few exercises from S&H Legs plus my own leg extensions and curls. Then a 4 or 5 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning everyone:

3 more days........ :) I officially can't sleep. I have had terrible dreams that people are chasing me?? I sat up screaming in bed last night :-( So, I got up at 4:45 and got on the elliptical. I figured I would run away from them and maybe they'd leave me to sleep.

Cathy - I'd see how your body reacts to no rest days and if it's fine keep on going. You know yourself the best, if you need a lower impact workout or rest your body will tell you. ;-)

Sunny - Good luck with your first client, I'm sure you will do absolutely wonderful!! :)

ShellyC - I'm planning on running on the beach ;-) I can't wait! I've never done that, I'm sure it's harder than it looks. }(

Carole - Great workout planned, as usual - you go girl!

I did Cardio Coach 4 this morning on the elliptical and have step class tonight. It's one of the ladies 50th birthday so I'm bringing Weight Watchers chocolate snack cakes and Propel for the class to help celebrate.

Have a great day, everyone!
Marcia.

Cathy – I hope you start feeling better soon. Good luck with your rotation. Personally I can’t do zero rest days. For the most part I need to take at least one, sometimes 2 rest days, during the week. You can always do your rotation as planned and if you feel you need a rest day then take one.

SunnyD – Good luck with your 1st client. I’m sure you will do great and the client will learn so much from you. Good luck with eating clean, I’m still trying to get back on track.

ShellyC – I’m glad to hear your DH is doing well. I live in Lexington, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you where that is. I figured the Derby HM is so close that I should at least try to run it. However, my HM of choice is the one for St. Jude’s. I was going to run it in December, but with DS being hospitalized over Thanksgiving and my injury I had to rewrite my plans.

Wendy – Good job getting the workout in. It was really hard for me to get back on track with my DS being hospitalized and then still being sick even after he was released. My me time was not a priority. My guess is you’ll get back into the groove of things in no time, today was a huge step. BTW, great Christmas present from you SIL.

Well, back to work.

Quick checkin again! The girls & I are heading to my Mom's til Friday since they're still out of school. Relatives to visit & the usual stuff!! The girls will have fun though & I always enjoy the time w/ my Mom.

I'm still feeling crappy but still pretending that I'm ok. ;-) I ended up taking a nap after my dh got home from work y'day, I just felt yucky & the headache wouldn't go away. Of course if I knew how to take it easy.....I did get a lot accomplished y'day anyway!

I got up to do all of GS legs this morning- I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow! }(

OK, heading out but didn't want you to wonder where I went! I might have time to check in from Mom's, we'll see!

Jes- have a nice visit with mom and the girls! (my high school and jr. high kids went back to school yesterday. I think they needed more time off to rest after New Years weekend!)

Carole- can you explain again what type of nail you do and how often appointments need to be. I am getting discouraged with nail technicians drilling into my nail bed with the arcylics.

Kristi- welcome back and good luck with the trainning. I hope your DS is back to healthy conditions

Marcia- I am quite sure running on thebeach will be a challenge, but a fun one. Dh and I hve done countless long walks on the beach on various vacations, but I have never run on one.

Laura- maybe your body needs the extra rest? especially with the detox?

Our run this morning was 5.8 miles; I had some Gi issues and the nvery tight hamstrings the second half. Oh well. My hamstrings are very tight perhaps i have DOMS for m doing strict intv's on the elliptical at full incline? Doms have also invaded my chest, tri's and back from PUB ch,ba,sh. Funny I didn't do triceps, but I think I use them to assist in back and I went heavy on back y'day.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning ladies,
I am kind of in a funk:( I can't seem to get back in the swing of things since I have been back. I always look forward to new workout goals and new workout routines in the new year, but this dang back situation has put a damper on that. I really want to start running again, but know that that is just now wise right now. So, I am going to do walk this morning on the treadmill and then the lying leg work of butts and gutts. I did buy a really big gel ice pack though at my pt appointment yesterday and have been icing it every couple of hours and that really seems to help. I have always hated icing. I did all of PUB last night, but my heart was definitley not in it.

Okay, enough whining!

Cathy, I am so sorry you have been feeling bad. It seems to be going around. Hopefully you can get a workout in today, that is if you are feeling well. I think working out 7 days a week is fine as long as you are not doing high impact everyday and mix it up alot. I think now after all that I have gone through that cardio just 4x a week is perfect and then do you other weight stuff the other days.

Sunnydelite, I think that is GREAT that you are training people now. I know when I did personal training I was in the best shape of my life. I was always very self conscious about how I looked while teaching and training. Good luck and keep us posted.

Shelly, What a scare for you and your hubby. I hope is feeling better and hope you have a great workout today. It will be good for you to relieve some stress.

Judy, thank you for the xmas card. How nice you get to run in such a scenic place.

Laura, don't worry about not working out. You will get back into it. I have had my share of tummy problems in the past and it is horrible to be bloated and gassy. I tell ya when I gave up diet coke, and other acidic foods, that really seemed to help. Drink a TON of water. I hope you feel better.

Kristi, welcome back! I never met you, but it sounds like you are a true cheetah. I would go for the butts and gutts premix. that is my favorite workout.

Christine, sounds like an awesome workout! Okay, convince me why I should do slow and heavy. I have it, but have never really cared for it. Have you had great results? It seems so long.

Carole, how are you? Have you had the post holiday blues like some of the rest of us? Do you have any marathons planned?

Marcia, Are you going on a trip? Sorry if I missed this, I have not been around lately. Running on the beach sounds heavenly:)

Jess, my avanti's friend, I hope you feel better soon. It is true what you say about pretending to be well. I do that too around my girls. It takes a lot of effort to do that. I hope you get some rest and take it easy for a few days. Maybe a gondola would do you some good}(

Well, I think I got everyone. Have a great day ladies!

Susan

Great run! It was a bit drizzly but there was no wind (that’s due to come this afternoon). I’m also feeling strong from S&H T&B’s. Love that one! As it’s supposed to be AWFUL tomorrow morning, I may skip the run, and do S&H legs instead followed by yoga. Then add some lighter cardio on Friday before my long run on Saturday. We’ll see. They never seem to get the weather right around here. It may be nice and sunny tomorrow!

Carole – I’m still trying to get the courage up to run after I lift. Maybe I should move my leg work to Thursdays with my easy run to get used to it! Hope DH is feeling better – sounds like a pain to have him sick. Good luck avoiding it!

Marcia – I’m soooo jealous!! 3 days! How exciting!!! Enjoy your class tonight and tell your student “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” from a cheetah!

Jess – another sick Cheetah! Hope you’re feeling better! Have fun at your mom’s!

Judy – yeah, I’ve had my triceps hurt when I did not work them, too. But, I’m finding especially with S&H that so many muscles work to do each exercise, that you do work your body harder than you think. Good job on the run with the tight legs!

Susan – it always takes me a bit to get back into the swing of things after being away. Plus you had to have had a tough time with you mom’s cancer. I know how that affected me. You’ll get back, I swear. Right now pamper yourself a bit and allow yourself time to sulk a bit. S&H does seem a bit long, but I love the muscle gains and the way I feel really worked out every time I do it! I have a hard time doing it more than 2/3 weeks, which is why I’m going a P90X-like rotation with it. 3 weeks, then 3 weeks of something else (probably P90X, but we’ll see).

Well, I’m busy at work today! YIPPPEEE!!! Of course it’s weird problems, but that’s okay. I don’t mind having to think of solutions in creative ways. I have the left over chili with me for lunch – can’t wait!!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Jeesh, I can't believe this is my first post for the day! I am usually one of the early birds. I was running waaay late this morning. I accidentally made regular coffee for myself around 9pm last night instead of decaf so I couldn't fall asleep easily. Needless to say I was tired this morning. :-(

Well, I just finished up B&G's standing glutes and abs timesaver premix. I didn't do the ab work though since I worked abs y'day and I'm taking step tonight at the gym which will undoubtedly include some ab work as well.

I guess I have some major catching up to do on personals so let me get workin' on that now!:+

Cathy: What a bummer that you still have that headache! I hope you feel well enough to get in some kind of work out today.

Sunny: Can't wait to hear how training goes for you today!:) You asked me y'day about P90X. I'm not starting it until either Friday or Monday. I am trying to schedule it so that atleast one of my gym days is in sync with when DH wants to go to the gym so we can go together. :)

ShellyC: I'm so sorry for being sooo out of touch. I never read what happened to your DH! I am glad to hear he is getting better though.

Carole: OUCHEES...A run after S&H legs! NICE!}( Hope your DH feels better fast-for YOUR sake!;)

Kristi: I hope you had a good work out at lunch today! That's great that you can adjust your work schedule in order to take the long lunch to get the work out in! While Joey was in the hospital I obviously didn't work out at all as I only left the building once and that was for a quick stop home to pick up some things for our first night there. It was amazing how something that is sooo important to me on a regular basis to get done every day really never crossed my mind AT ALL while at the hospital! Once I got home though and knew Joey was OKAY, I got anxious over missing the work outs, my cr@ppy eating and getting it all back on track yet I had no motivation to do it at first...very odd...but so am I so I guess it makes perfect sense!:p :7

Christine: I hope you enjoy your run today! I have never tried an outdoor Itread. I should pick one up and give it a shot one day. Sorry about your DD's infection. Hope she's better soon!:)

Marcia: The countdown continues! I'm so excited for your vacation! Have a blast and don't even THINK of us while you are gone! That's an order, Cheetah!;)

Judy: Great run today. Sorry about your GI/hamstring troubles today.

Susan: I know how you feel being in a funk. I had a terrible time of it y'day! Today it was easier for me to get into my work out but I was banging around the house after work in a TERRIBLE mood. It's the post-holiday let-down I suppose. ACK! Feel better soon. HUGS!

Hello to everyone else! I'll be back later!:)

On the contrary, Wendy, I'd love to find a computer to log on and say "HI" from Mexico, seriously. I just don't know if I will have much luck with that! ;-)

Marcia.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.