::: CHEETAHS ::: wed ~ 12.27

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs!

Checkin' in again from colorado as I seem to still be on east coast time and can't sleep anymore! (Its quarter of four right now.)

Yesterday we skiied breck from about 8:30 - 2. Lots of powder and wide, open trails! I only fell once when I wiped out, hit the back of my head and skidded down into a tree stump. I think I was lucky--it coulda been a doozy. Altitude hasn't been too much of a problem altho I do see myself getting winded easier. I also had a slight nosebleed at lunch. This morning I have a stiff neck - from the fall I think - otherwise, no DOMS. I'm thanking cathe right now for my new & improved strength and muscle endurance. Its making a BIG difference on the slopes.

Ok, I'm gonna try to do some personals...be back shortly!

Cathy

Carole :: sorry to hear about the xmas eve fight with DH and about john not feeling up to joining the festivities. It must be hard to join the xmas spirit when your whole world has been turned on its end. I hope that he'll make solid gains in the new year.

Marcia :: great job on the run...you seem to have easily fallen back into running!

Judy :: thanks...the conditions out there were great. And its so much less crowded than VT. It was a bit windy, tho, with gusts up to 30 mph.

Christine :: I do not have NYE plans at the moment. Some years I go out; others I stay in. I'll play by ear, but after my trip, I'm thinking a quiet night in might be the ticket. Your party sounds fun - you'll have to post a pic of you in your sari.

Hi to sunny, jess, laura, laurie, wendy, shelly, susan, elaine, barb, colleen, linda, and anyone else I've accidentally omitted. Well, I think I'll give the fingers a break and read awhile. we are getting a 6 am start today bc we'll be going over to vail, so this means I have about 2 hours of quiet time to kill.

Have a great day, everyone!!
Cathy

Good morning everyone:

Cathy - Your trip sounds so fun and relaxing (minus the nosebleeds :)) Good luck on the slopes today!!

I did get in three miles yesterday at the state park, very nice!

I just saw a infomerical for P90X, anybody here have it? Like it? It looks extremely intriguing to me, I might have to invest in that after we return from Mexico. Or maybe I'll order it before we go so that it's here when we return. :)

Question for you: When I can't get outside due to weather or time and I get on the ellliptical, I know that it is the closest indoor workout besides TM for running substitutions, but ....... it seems to take me twice as long to get the miles in? Is that right? Is it a complete even trade on the elliptical? It took be almost an hour to get in 2 - 2.5 miles and I thought I was going along really good, but maybe I wasn't? x(

Tonight I teach step class - and I'm going to work those girls. }( }( I'll have to email them all today and warn them. :p

I'm going in a little late today to work, Christmas Break is a little more lax than normal.

Have a great day everyone!
Marcia.

Hey all!

Well my legs are fried! So I’m going to do GS Chest and Tri’s today instead of any cardio to give my legs a break. Back to work today. I even have a quote or two to do, so I’ll be busy. Get to wear my new clothes! Exciting.

Cathy – Sounds like you’re having a great time! Enjoy your skiing today! I’ve been known to be in bed by Midnight on New Years Eve – so you’re not alone at all. Have fun!!

Marcia – a lot of us have P90X. I know Wendy is starting a rotation in 2007 – she just got it, and there’s a check in for it as well. It’s a tough weight workout. You can lean on it, especially if you do the doubles, but it’s designed to help you get defined. I’m wavering between starting a new P90X rotation and going with a Slow/Heavy and GS rotation instead. I’ll decide on Jan 1 most likely.

Have a great day, ladies!

Good Morning! Had a 'catch up' day at home yesterday, LOTS of laundry to do and general tidying up from the Christmas blow out. I've been dragging my heels on year end paperwork so I got that organized and will finish it up today. I had to drop 15 yo Marley off at the mall (she works at Orange Julius) and it was nuts!! My only regret about my day at home is that I ate too much again!! We finished up the seafood and fondue leftovers AND the dessert trays. Today WILL be a better day!!! I have to work this afternoon and it's a good thing, I can't eat while I work!!! I'll be doing some cardio (maybe a little HSTA and DM cardio mix) and upper body today.

Cathy, that bites big time that your sleeping poorly! The skiing sounds wonderful, it's unbelievable how nasty a fall we can take skiing and come out fairly unscathed. I find that my leg strength helps a lot when having to 'skate' on flat ground with skis on, that was pretty humbling before I got fit! Hope you have a great day on the slopes!!:)

Marcia, jeez, I wish I could make it for your step class, it sounds like your gonna work 'em good!! I've never seen a P90X informercial but have thought about ordering it many times. Sounds like a great programme.

Christine, have fun with GS Chest and Tris, it's a fryer for sure!! Nice to go back to work looking cute in new duds!! Have a great day!!

How come it takes me half an hour to post!! I swear the computer puts me in a time warp!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sounds like not a fun fall...I hope you are feeling okay later. I bet Cathe workouts did help with your endurance on the slopes! Thanks....and I also hope John improves after he starts rehab...I can not even imagine how tough this would be.

Marcia...if you did a search on P90X there are probably numerous threads, as it has been discussed over and over on the open forum. It is definitely worth buying. I got my best results using P90x and eating clean...

Sunny...thanks, I don't like it when we fight either, especially on a holiday. That is cool your sister is a personal trainer! Good workouts you have done.

Laurie...sounds like your X-mas was very nice...:)..hope you enjoyed scrambled eggs!

Christine...thanks and things are better. I know you have had some tough issues with DS. Its good your DH can see a bit more why you get frustrated with his DS. The bracelet was a very sweet gesture...:)..we rarely do much on New Years. I have tough time staying up til midnight! You party sounds very fun..Tough itread workout yesterday...wow!! I tried a pair of Lucky's once...must have not been the right style for me...they looked spray painted on...:)....enjoy your GS workout and give those legs a rest.

Jess...sounds like your X-mas was a blast. I think most of us overindulged a bit, but things will get back to normal. How fun you and Susan and your kids will be able to meet up!!! Definitely get some pics...:)

I woke up with this cramp or something in my right calf...:(...weird, but I was planning on MM upper today and a run. I have to do some massaging and see how things go. I also hope to get my car back today...finally!!

Have a great day...

Hey Carole:) Yeah, I had a great time scramblin' those eggs with Cathe yesterday! Sorry to hear John struggling through Christmas, I'll be thinking of him. Funny I was woken up with a calf cramp yesterday and it felt like something was biting my calf for most of the day. I think it has everything to do with the rich assortment of food being offered everywhere I go these days. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your car back!! That's taken a long time!! Enjoy your day!

Take Care
Laurie

G'morning Cheetahs!! I'm enjoying this Christmas break, my kiddos are still asleep at 8:15!!!! They're off school til Jan 8th which is a nice break.

I plan to do an IMAX this afternoon (I'm thinking IMAX 3) for some good cardio! No DOMS from BM2 Double upper body y'day! I enjoyed it though, it was a nice change of pace. I'm still fighting off this cold/ sinus thing so I slept in til 7:30 again!

I went to see Pursuit of Happyness last night, it was such a good movie! My friend Marsha & I loved it. And we skipped the movie popcorn. ;-) Her dh got her a membership to Curves for Christmas so she's going to start working out there (most of my IRL friends are not workout queens like me! :p ).

Well, we've got to head to the store for some groceries, we haven't been since we were gone & are running low on everything! Not much else going on, I'm sure we'll be playing games & with all of their new toys!! :p

Have a great Wednesday!

Good morning all! This is one very relieved and happy:) cheetah checking in!!! I completed my 20 mile run yesterday with no problem:7 :7 :7 :7 I was so worried that last week had set me back too much. But I guess a week of relatively light workouts was good for me. Anyway, I'm feeling much more confident now:7 The weather was beautiful yesterday, I took along plenty of cytomax drink and shotbloks. I figure if I can handle 20 miles of hills at 5500 ft elevation I can certainly manage 26.2 miles of a flat course at 1000 ft elevation:7

Cathy- OMG...how scary for you!!! You certainly are made of some tough stuff there girl!!! I see that Colorado is due for another snow storm the next couple of days.... will you be there for it?

Carole- I'm sorry your holiday had a few "bumps" in it:-( Sounds like your nephews behavior was fairly typical considering. This is his first Christmas since his accident and I'm sure he's feeling
pretty despondent over his "loss". With the continued love and understanding from your wonderful family I'm sure he'll eventually come around. Hope your calf is feeling better! I thought of you and Elaine on my run yesterday:) definitely an inspiration!

Christine- waddling my a$$!!!! I seriously doubt your holiday eating did any serious damage! You'll be knockin em dead at work with your new clothes today, I'm sure. :* Your NY party does sound like alot of fun. I'm in somewhat of a dilemma about NY eve. DH and I have been invited to 2 parties. I really don't want to be travelling around alot that nightx( Not sure yet what I'll do.

Jess- Sounds like you had a fabulous family oriented Christmas. That's what its all about! Glad your DD is finally on the mend!
How wonderful that you and Susan are planning a GTG!!!! I didn't know she was near you! I'm sure we can count on you for pics!!!!!
Have a great time with IMAX3.... I did this one on Christmas.

Marcia- I agree with Carole- p90x is definitely worth the investment! I haven't been doing them for a while now but I plan on using them alot again after my marathon next month. About ellipticals, I personally don't think it's an even trade with running but it can come close depending on your exertion level.

Laurie- You certainly had a very special Christmas it sounds like!
Couldn't happen to a better cheetah!! You've got some tough workouts planned.... a great antidote to post holiday bloat!

Okay--- time to get moving. Today will be a new Mindy Mylrea workout I just got. Interval express! Then I'm thinking Bootcamp
haven't tackled that jewel in a while! Tonight it's back to work....
Hello to all who follow!!!

ShellyC
:7

Hey all!!

Ended up doing the LIC Cardio/Upper body premix instead of GS C&T. I’m starting either S&H or P90X next week, so I figured another week of circuits would be a good thing. It was a good workout and nice to get the ole legs moving, too. I’m using LIC a lot more than I thought I would!

Wendy – I read your post on the open forum – HOW SCARY!!! I hope everything gets better with Joey! You and he are in my thoughts and prayers!! {{{HUGS}}}

Cathy – I missed the part about the fall! JEEZ! I’m glad you’re okay!

Laurie – I’m happy to hear that you’re getting all organized. I’ve done a boatload of LaundryMax and TidyMax, too! Good for you for getting your tax stuff all done and ready. I think this time of the year we may as well just realize we’re going to eat poorly some days (most days?) and not beat ourselves up. Come Jan 1 we’ll all get back on the bandwagon!

Carole – Hope your cramp gets worked out! That’s painful. Is it as windy up your way as it is down ours? I could barely sleep because of the wind banging things around. As for New Years - our Indian friends tease me. I can barely stay up past midnight, and I usually end up owlishly staring at people trying to make sense of the conversation going on around me. Fortunately, DH and I compromise and we leave around 12:30/1:00AM so it’s not TOO late. We’ve had a few quiet NY’s at home, but DH is such a social animal that those were very few.

Jess – enjoy the girls! Sounds like you’re having a wonderful time.

Shelly – WAY TO GO ON THE RUN!!! 20 miles! WOW! I’m impressed! And on top of that, you’re Miss Popularity!! TWO parties? Pick the one that sounds like the most fun, and go. I take it they are not close together so you can party hop – eh? Enjoy your shift tonight.

Hi Ladies.

Exercise-less Cheetah reporting in for duty!:7 :7 :7 :p

Many hugs and thanks to the Cheetahs who saw and responded to my post on the Open Forum. For those who don't go there, I'll give you the cliff-notes version (lucky you!:p): Joey was sick with a bad stomach bug from sat morn to sun evening. Christmas morning he woke up and appeared to be feeling much better until he had a seizure at about 9am (no history of them at all). We called 911...he had 3 in total that day. They ran many tests and found nothing (this is a GOOD thing) and put him on meds. He has to stay on meds and be seizure free for a year and he can get off of them. He should be fine. It was one of the scariest experiences of our lives and we cried many many times but we are told that he should be fine. We came home from the hospital today and we all just need our rest.

Hope everyone here has been keeping up on thier exercise and I'll come back and "play" with y'all in the morning most likely! It's back to "business as usual" tomorrow but I am not working this week. I am not bringing Joey back to the day care quite yet. I want to see how the med affects him. Not to mention the fact that the daycare is most likely where he caught the stomach bug from!

Have a great evening ladies and hugs to all!:)

Oh, Wendy!!!! That just sounds horrible & so scary for poor Joey & you!!!! I'm sooo relieved to hear that he is feeling better. I have a friend who's ds used to have seizures. It was so scary! I can see why you wouldn't want to take him to daycare.

Thanks for the update & try to get some rest. Hug that sweet boy from all of us!!!

Hey everyone!

Cathy - I am so glad you weren't hurt any worse! That could have been really bad! Have fun and be careful! Hope you get some sleep!

Wendy - I sure hope all is okay right now with little Joey! That had to have been so scary! Hope all of you guys get some rest!

Christine - I need to do that workout more. I think I have only done it once. I have been contemplating a S&H rotation. I just don't know what to do :-(

Shelly - Oh my gosh! Awsome run! And at that altitude and hills on top of the distance! I used to have that Mindy workout, but traded it. I wish I would have kept it! It was great! I may have to re-order it!
;-)

Jess - have fun with Imax 3! Glad you liked the movie! I always tell my DH the only reason I like to go to the movies is to smell the popcorn }( I went to see "We Are Marshall" on Christmas Day and I didn't eat the popcorn, either! But man....was it hard to pass it by!

Laurie - I need a day to catch up with things from Christmas, too! That is good that you got to do that! Have fun with HSTA!

Carole - Hope the calf is better! I have had those cramps wake me up in the night. A couple of times they have been so balled up that they were sore for a week. No fun!

Marsha - Good job on the run! I am not quite sure about the elliptical mileage, but I have noticed that too! Mine does not measure in miles, though. It just measures in strides, so I guess 2000 strides is around a mile?

The past few days have kind of just been a blur. On Christmas Eve my beloved "almost" 14 y/o yellow lab disappeared. She has been going downhill for a long time. We could not find her anywhere. Christmas Day we were sure that she had gone off and passed away. We found her yesterday in the woods on top of out hill. She was alive, but just barely. We took her to the vet this morning but they told us her system was shutting down and her kidneys had failed. We had said that we would never put her to sleep, but she was so sick that we gave in. They told us she never would get any better and would probably only last another day, if that. It was horrible. I know 13 or 14 years is a long time for a lab to live, so I do know we are lucky to have had her with us for that long.....but it is still very hard to accept. Sorry...I didn't mean to write a book:+ Guess I just needed to get it off my chest.

Linda

Linda - I'm so sorry to hear about your lab! Losing a pet is so hard, especially one you've had that long. I'm glad you found her and were able to tell her you love her. {{{{HUGS}}}}

wendy-glad to hear your little one is doing better, how scary that must have been for you.

Linda- two months ago I had to put my boxer down.she was 10 yrs old. I bawled my eyes out. it was hard but she too was suffering. she was a great dog. I miss her greatly.
I did bootcamp class tonight. my brother taught the class.he did a very good job. tough workout. I dont teach again until jan 8 because of the holidays. I have managed to get more runs in though which I have missed doing. I ran last thurs,saturday and monday. I have barely been able to get two runs in a week. I should be able to get more in this week also since I am not teaching any classes this week.

talk with you all later!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.