Cheetahs Tuesday June 12

So I have spin and yoga on tap today. Want to take bets on wether or not the yoga happens? :7 :p

Cathy: The only reason I worry about missing the yoga is cause once I miss it it's hard for me to make it up. I am going to try to make it up today but that will require me to do it in DAYLIGHT and for some reason that is very difficult for me! LOL

Judy: Speaking of cleaning eat...OY! My diet has been pretty bad for weeks now! I do fine at home but I have been eating away from home so often and that's tough. I have been "cheating" left and right. Glad your patio/grill are finished and that you are happy with them. Let us know how your first meal on the grill turns out!:9 Thanks re the PT exam. It took me FOREVER to get my butt in gear and finish the practical portion. I almost bagged it!:eek:

Laurie: Good job on your bike/run! What's on tap for today? How is your gardening coming along? Do you plant veggies or just flowers?

Gayle: Keeping you and your friend in my prayers.

Jess: I hope your DD's surgery goes well. Please keep us updated!

Carole: How was y'day's run? Did you add floorwork to the mix? Any races in your future?

Shelly: I don't know that you'll see this before you leave but have a safe trip girl! See you soon!!!!!:+

Jackie: Welcome back!:+

Susan: It's sooo understandable that you haven't been around much. You are such an awesome person to be sticking by your friend's side so faithfully through her ordeal. I hope this next round of chemo isn't as bad as she's anticipating.

Christine: So how was your trip to Santa Cruz? How much longer is dad going to be staying with you?

Sunny: I looked at the website you posted. Thanks. I think I want to go to a shop in person the first time though. I want to be sure I am getting the right stuff, blah blah blah. :)

Good morning, Wendy, and all to follow!

Today is DS's Kindergarten graduation. So I have to be quick, as usual. This morning's workout was a 45 minute steady state bike ride (11 miles). Felt great...it was the first time on my stationary bike in over a year I think! LOL

Yesterday, DS and I hit the pool at the Y and I tried out those floaty things that you use for water running. I'd never done it, but what a workout. My heart was pounding! My legs felt like jello when I got out of the pool! LOL

BBL sometime

Gayle

Hey Cheetahs!! I just got back from a 4 mile run w/ my buddies- it felt great. Perfect running weather, but it's gonna heat up again today!

Kiersten is all ready for surgery, she had a *big* snack last night before bed. Her big snack was a banana w/ a little PB and a yogurt. And she was full. :7 No eating when she gets up which will be hard for her, she is usually starving when she gets up. At least her surgery is at 9:15AM. My Mom is here and we had fun last night. It's always great to have her here.

Well, coffee is ready & I have steel cut oats on the stove. Must go shower!! Oh, and I got my hair cut last night!! Not *cut* but a couple inches cut and more layers & more thinning. It's soooo thick, and I haven't worn it down in so long w/ it being so thick & out of control. My pony tail felt so light while running this morning!

Have a good one & I'll check in later!!

Good morning ladies,

wendy- i can definitely understand wanting to go into a store first. i went to a local store and asked alot of question, even tried shoes on for sizing. however they are so expensive, i know i won't purchase from there. good luck with fitting in your yoga.

susan- so nice to hear from you yesterday. you are such an awesome friend:)

jess- good luck with kiersten's surgery today. ds#1 had tubes put in his ears and all is well. i know your dd will do just fine:)

today's workout is istrength legs and abs (done) and later i plan on doing and itread 30 min all sprints.plus i have to finish bi's and tri's from yesterday's UB workout. i ran out of time. got some serious DOMS in my chest}( :7

today i get a second chance at teaching my bootcamp class. one of my clients promised she would come so at least i will have one person in my class, lol. which is good because it will give me a chance to work out any kinks before instructing to a larger group.

off to work, ttyl..:)

Good Morning Ladies –

Dad and DH are off to the airport. I love having my dad here, but it’s also nice when everyone is gone and it’s quiet! But, that also means back to work – ick. I’m sore from GS C&T yesterday – and it feels good. I have abs from MM and part of Spinervals Have Mercy 2 on tap for today. I’ll do the series of tempo rides.

Santa Cruz was fun. We got down there and the kids rode a roller coaster, then we went to lunch. Afterwards, the kids ran off to the Boardwalk and dad and I walked the Wharf to see the sea lions. Then we all met up again and watched the kids go on some rides. It was fun. We all enjoyed it. I love the ocean and live only 30 minutes from it, but I so rarely go there.

Wendy – enjoy spin class today – and I’m sure you’ll get yoga in! Sorry you were not able to get your spin shoes. You will soon. I’m with you on the bad eating lately! With dad here – he’s a meat and potatoes kind of guy, I’ve been cooking heavy meals. I’m ready to rectify that starting today!

Gayle – how cute! Enjoy the graduation ceremony!! A big 1st grader now! How’s mom doing with that? So water running is a good workout? I have a pool – those belts are not too expensive. I should try it.

Jess – I have Kiersten in my thoughts today! Sounds like a nice cut you got!

Sunny - Good luck at BootCamp! Let us know how it goes! Sounds like a great class!

Hello to all who follow! I'm sure I'll log on again today!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...sorry your day was such a fiasco yesterday. I hate when that happens. Glad you got in your fun workouts though! My run was good yesterday. No I didn't get to the floorwork. I am thinking of a trail 15K next month. I have done it quite a few times.

Gayle...good job with the stationary bike.

Jess...sounds like your running is going great! I wish Kiersten well in her surgery. And a speedy recovery!

Sunny...hope the bootcamp class goes good!

Christine...sounds like Santa Cruz was fun. I did have a good run yesterday..:)..looks like you had a good workout too. Enjoy your spinning and MM abs.

Cathy...I do agree about the snorer wearing something instead of us too, it just does not quite work that way...:)...did the T-Storms last long? Good job with Arms & Abs.

Shelly...have an awesome day meeting up with DH and on the beach!! Yep my DH snores terribly, so I have used earplugs for quite awhile. I did have a good run yesterday, hope yours was too..

Laurie...the 1st mile of my runs are usually tough, I feel better after I warm up I think. Glad you had a good workout yesterday.

Susan...thanks for checking in and updating us. My thoughts and prayers to your friend. Have a great time in Bodega Bay.

I opted for P90X S&A yesterday so I guess I will do a modified P90X rotation. Today will be legs and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Hello Girls.

I have decided for several reasons to opt out of spin class this morning...but NOT yoga! I will still do my yoga at nap time along with XF's Amazing Abs segment. Due to this change of plans I've had to re-vamp the rest of this week's work outs mostly because I need to fit in a different spin class now.

Here's what I'll do:

Today: Amazing Abs + Yoga of choice
W: Shape It Up/push ups + pull ups
R: Leg Day/PM Yoga
F: SS work out of choice or ISculpt + PM spin class

Sat and Sun I'm not sure about yet due to the possiblity of doing a 5 mile race or just running with my friend. I'll have to play those days by ear right now but I DO know that one of them will be a rest day. Just not sure which right now....

Come Monday I start my recovery week and then it's onto the P90 Masters rotation!:+

Good morning everyone!

Laurie - Nice workout yesterday! Glad you're feeling strong. I agree with everyone else that you're ready for some type of race. But, it is nice just to do it for the fun of it.

Susan - Good to see you. You're missed too! Glad things are going as well as can be expected with your friend. Being injury free is great. At least, now you know your limits. Happy Belated Birthday to Mariah! Enjoy your vacation.

Christine - You have a beautiful family. Sounds like you're having fun with your dad. Had a nice relaxing vacation. Did a little shopping. Went downtown by the oceanside and walked around. They were showing Forest Gump at the pavillion and they had a crowd. You would have thought it was an outdoor concert. DBF and I didn't stay for the movie but we did have dinner. The nights were so pleasant. I enjoyed being pampered most of all though.:)

Wendy - Congratulations on completing your practical! Sorry your day didn't go as planned. I took iSculpt with me on vacation and didn't get to do not one of them. The hotel had a rowing machine and I was looking forward to doing an iRow but guess I forgot to put it on my Zen.x( So, I ended up just doing 5 minutes on the machine. Enjoy your spin class today.

Cathy - Sorry the rain spoiled your run! At least, you got to work out with Joey.

Gayle - Congratulations to DS on his kindergarten graduation! Bet he's excited.

Jess - Kiersten sounds like a little trooper. She will do fine with surgery. Will keep her in thoughts and prayers today.

Sunny - Good luck with the Boot Camp class today. Hope you have lots of students.

Carole - How long are you on your feet every day? I'll bet you're more than ready for that 15K too. It usually takes my legs a couple of miles to warm up. Have a good workout today.

Shelly - Hope you have a great vacation!

Hello to everyone else!

I did a portion of CC#4 for 3.2 miles and the weights and cool down section from Gilad's Cuts and Curves and 12 pull ups. I like this workout. It starts out with a 15 minute warm up, 39 minutes of weights and 6 minutes cool down and stretch. Gilad uses 3-10 pound weights and tubing but I think you could go heavier with some of the moves. I feel like I got a good workout.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Jackie

Hey Ladies:) Nice 'easy' workout today;-) KPC and PP upperbody x2 premix. Now I have to scramble to organize paperwork. To keep our Registered Massage Therapy License in Ontario, we have certain criteria to meet, one being a 'peer assessment' every 5 years. Mine's coming up in a few weeks, I've got all of the paperwork but it's scattered. It's my first assessment so I'm a little nervous about it:)

Wendy, my garden is strictly vanity:) All flowers, veggies are pretty cheap on the market when they're in season anyway:) I'm guessing that yoga WILL happen:7

Gayle, water running sounds like a nice new way to mix things up:)

Jess, all the best to Kiersten, hope it all goes smoothly.

Sunny, good luck today, you'll do great!!!

Christine, glad you had such a wonderful visit with your Dad. GS C&T is always good for DOMS. Enjoy your workout.

Carole, I find it's such a relief when breathing and heartrate settle into a run, good to know that such a seasoned runner as yourself has that hump to get over as well. Have fun working those bionic legs:)

Jackie, if I do end up racing it'll be last minute:) It sure is fun finding new challenges. You mixed it up real good today. I've never tried any Gilad but I have been curious.

Okay, enough stalling got rifle through those paper piles to give the assessor the illusion that I'm actually organised:+

Take Care
Laurie

I'll be back later on for personals but I just wanted to check in to say I DID IT! I did yoga in daylight!!!!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7

I created my own XFlowsion mish-mosh that I really enjoyed:

Body Blast (26 min)
Amazing Abs Ab Blaster Premix (6 min)
Amazing Abs Ab Boogie Premix (3 min)
Calm Down Dog (27 min)

I feel great!:7

BBL!

Hey ! :)

I have just a moment before cooking dinner for the troops. I just wanted to chime in and say NO DOMS from the 9.3 mile run yesterday! Today was Supersets upper body and golf (walking the whole way)

gtg, noe personals today

Except~~~JES~~~ How did the surgery go???????

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hiya cheetahs~http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/103.gif

Guess who’s been having internet problems again? Yep, this is turning out to not be my week for a variety of reasons, but this being a big one. Under normal circumstances, it’s a manageable inconvenience. But this week, I cannot afford to have my internet on the fritz. I have to take my three-hour comprehensive exam for grad school on Saturday, and if I don’t take the test, I don’t get my Master’s. So, I was having a bit of a meltdown today. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/20.gif It is so frustrating getting these tech problems fixed. I spent an hour-and-a-half on the phone troubleshooting, and although I’m not a total dope when it comes to computers, I understand next to *nothing* about wireless connections, modems, and routers. It’s like trying to communicate with someone who doesn’t speak English.

Anywho, I'd planned on doing some cardio tonight since I skipped it yesterday, but we’ve got more t-storms so that rules out a run, and at this point, I’m on the bubble about an alternative. I’m in grouch mode and feeling lazy. OK, so how’s that for a bitchfest? <<deep breaths>>

Wendy :: I like your new animated avatar and pics…I hear you on yoga…it seems like that is the first thing that gets dropped from my routine if I get crazy-busy…I am also with you on not eating too clean of late. I need to buckle down. At today's 8th grade picnic, I ate two hot dogs, two brownies, a bag of sour cream & cheddar chips, and a Pepsi. <ahem, oink!>

Jess :: how’d it go for Kiersten this morning? I hope all went well...Don’tcha love that feeling of having lighter locks?

Sunny :: how’d the boot camp class go? And did you watch Hell's Kitchen last night? I know Chef is really out of his gourd, but some of those people seem a few bricks shy of a load. What's up w/ the guy crying all the time?? *lol*

Christine :: sounds like a nice time last night. Glad you all enjoyed Dad’s visit.

Carole :: we had them on and off in the afternoon/evening…I have had a couple of scary experiences getting caught out there in a storm, so I don't take chances...I do love the DOMS I’m having in my tri’s now...S&A was my favorite X workout.

Jackie :: ut oh, did you mention another new workout? I better run for cover. ;)

Laurie :: was your assessment today? Good luck! I’m sure you’ll do great. Does that mean you have to give a colleague a massage?

Judy :: woo hoo – no DOMS! WTG upping your miles.

Hi Gayle and anyone else dropping in.

Still debating on whether or not I feel like working out. Right now I think I just need to decompress.

Hope you all have a great night!
Cathy :)

just wanted to report in that i did have people attend the class today. one of my clients for one and 4 others. i asked my client for honest feedback the good and the bad after the class and she said it was really good. felt like she got in a good workout. i thought that was great since she already works out with me and i work her good}( . so now i can breathe i got the first class done and over with, yay!!

so i bagged my run today and decided to do a spin class at the gym tonight. the class is called powerride, 60 mins of pure torture and i loved, lol:7

cathy- sorry about your internet problems. i was having them also:( . i did watch HK last night. i am telling you that chef is just mean. i really think he loves to make people cry. not that some of them don't deserve it:p

have a great night ladies, thanks again for the boosts of confidence!

Finally checking in again! It was a busy day, but Kiersten's doing great! In fact, you would never know she just had surgery this morning!! :eek:

The surgery was over VERY quick. I know it was less than 15 min from the time they took her back to the time she was done. The Dr. came to talk to us right after the surgery & said that her ear was leaking fluid (yeah! get that yucky fluid out), and her adenoids were definitely inflamed. He said it was a successful surgery & then we were able to see her in recovery. She was crying & out of sorts from the anesthetic. And she wasn't talking at all, just pointing to her throat. They gave her Tylenol w/ Codeine & that seemed to help. She drank some Sprite as she was very thirsty from not drinking at all before the surgery. We picked up her meds & got her home & she slept a good hour & a half. My Mom & MIL were here which is always wonderful. Except that I got hit w/ yet another migraine. I just can't seem to shake them lately. I am sick of it! I laid down for a bit too, since I had both grandmas and Greg here to spoil the girls. (they about forced me to lay down, I'm glad they did!) My Mom gave me a good neck & shoulder rub & found some very tight knots. Ouch!! I did wake up feeling better but still not great.

Kiersten ate some oatmeal & a banana for lunch, and then had some tomato soup, fruit salad, and another banana for dinner. Chased down w/ some ice cream for dessert, I think she's feeling ok! ;-)

The only thing she has complained about is that her throat is still sore, but that's nothing too major. She hasn't even needed any more Tylenol so that's good! She's on ear drops for a week & then we go back in 2 weeks for a post-op checkup. She said that she hears better & I can tell a difference already. Yeah!!

Anyway, just thought I'd update! Thanks for your thoughts/ prayers!!

Good Evening Ladies.

I'm back with some java ready to catch up on personals for the day.:)

Gayle: I can only imagine how tough running in the water would be. Think of all of the resistance that is automatically set in place just by the water itself! }(

Jess: So glad to hear your DD is recovering so nicely from her surgery! I'd say the icecream is a sure sign that she is doing fine!:9

Sunny: I'll have to see what the prices are like for the spin shoes when I go to the store. I have seen them online for as little as $30-$50.00. The problem is, I want to know what a decent pair would cost. I don't want to go cheap and regret it but I also don't need a top of the line pair either, ya know? Big congrats on getting that first class under your belt! See!? I knew you would knock 'em dead! So I am certainly not asking for #'s but I am curious...which pays you more, a PT session or a teaching a class??

Christine: I hope you saw your dad off safely. Sorry about having to go back to work but I'm glad you had a nice vacation while he was visiting. :) I probably can't get to the bike store now until next week for the spin shoes but I'll live I suppose...:p

Carole: 15k is just over 9 miles right? Seems like a nice distance. Not that I would know as I haven't gotten beyond 6 yet! LOL So you are going to begin a modified X rotation? How will you modify it? I am actually thinking of pulling out X Legs and Back for thursday's work out!}(

Jackie: So you've never done the ISculpt you have yet? You must let me know which one you have and what you think of it when you do it. I have pondered the IRows but I have never even used a rowing machine before! I want to try but I am clueless and feel dumb asking for help! LOL It's supposed to be an awesome work out though. Maybe I'll have DH help me...he used to do that in highschool...he was on the team...whatever they call it!?!?

Laurie: I don't blame you for not doin' veggies. If I'm gonna do the work, I want it to look pretty, not get eaten! LOL :p

Judy: You are puttin' in kick-butt work outs despite how busy you are! Is 9.3 miles your longest run so far?

Cathy: Sorry about your internet problems girl! I don't normally have anything important or pressing to do on the PC and having my internet down aggrivates me to no end so I can imagine how you felt having that exam to do! I hope this puts an end to the internet troubles for a LOOOONG time! Your lunch today sounds devine! I wonder if anyone was watching you eat all of that wonderful junk food and thinking "Do people REALLY eat that way!?!?" ;) :p :7 Sorry, I couldn't resist! LOL I don't know if you know which thread in O/D I am referring to but it ruffled my feathers. People can be sooo darned judgemental. ACK!x( As for blowing off yoga, it's so easy for me to do. I like it but it's STILL too easy to blow off for some reason. I have to discipline myself more. I only want to do it once a week...it shouldn't be so hard to commit to, dagnamit!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.