:::: CHEETAHS :::: Tuesday, 9.4

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs :) :) :)

I mentioned this the other day, but since it was a holiday weekend and not everyone’s been around, I think it bears repeating: just want to give folks a gentle urging to please read the personals directed to you. It’s a bummer when you take the time to write a personal or ask a question (sometimes more than once) only to have it go ignored. I know we all get busy at times & cannot always do personals or we may unintentionally overlook a comment or question now and then -- understandable -- but some consistently do not respond, and I just wonder what's up with that.

Wendy :: LOVE the pics! You look like you're runnin' strong in every one of 'em, and you can tell you kicked it in hard at the finish. Thanks for sharing 'em!!

Well, it's the first day back to work for me! My afternoon workout will be B&G (probably a premix or a mishmosh) followed by a run.

Have a GREAT day, cheetahs!!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good morning, Cheetahs -

Cathy - I totally agree and know that I am guilty of not getting back to check personals or to catch up and answer any questions. I sincerely apologize if I've missed anybody's question. Now that school is back in session today (YIPPEE..... :) ) I will be much more regular and keep up - promise ;-) ;-)

Like I said, first day of school today and DS is so excited he couldn't get to sleep last night. Pretty typical, but that won't last long I'm sure. :)

Today I'm just playing it by ear to see how our day goes back to a schedule. I know I will be walking 1-1/2 hours tonight while DS is at football practice.

So, what's everyone doing for a rotation this month? Cathy, I know I slipped up on the August Rotation and I'm so sorry. I just got so swamped that I couldn't keep it up and was just happy to get anything in. I hope you did good, any results?

Have a great day everyone.

Marcia.

Mornin' Chick-a-dees!:)

Yes, I admit it. I am STILL smilin'...only a little though, I promise!;) LOL

Cathy and Carole: Thanks for the kudos on the race, ladies.:)

Cathy: Good luck today! First day. WOW! So when do the kids come? What will you be doing until then? Last minute organizing of your room?

So I am off to work today. I am hopin' it will be mellow day but I'm not sure. I don't know when the kids start school around here so it could STILL be rather nutty for a few more days...:-(

Tonight I am supposed to be training my BF and a friend of hers and her place. :)

Today is well-deserved rest day!

BBL!

Yesterday's workout was nothing like I stated here but it was a really good one. LIC cardio and Lowerbody and DrillMax Lowerbody only. Today I'll get in the kickboxing and some yoga. I brought the ball gloves to the beach yesterday and played and my arms are feeling it. Gorgeous beach day with my best friend and 5 teens, great way to end the summer.:)

Cathy, mea culpa on the personals. No excuses but you are right, it is a bummer. I admit that I don't always go back to the previous day's posts to see what's transpired....I'll take my lashes with a wet noodle:D My girls are back to school today as well, they grumble and moan but it's all a front, they are ready to see their friends and hit the books (more the former than the latter:+ ). Hope your day goes well although choas seems to rule on the first day.

Marcia, no rotation for me, I have still yet to take one on. Maybe someday but I pretty much just make it up as I go:)

Wendy, love the pictures, especially the last one, nice strong finish there Cheetah:) Hope you have a mellow jello day:7

Amy, back to the real world hey?:) I'm glad to have the routine back in my days. The beginning of school is more the "new year" than January 1st in my opinion. Hope it's a good day.

Gotta workout and get ready for work!

Take Care
Laurie

My turn with Laurie's wet noodle! LOL

Cathy-thanks for answering my PM question. I appreciate it!

Marcia-I'm starting today with the August '04 rotation...Legs & Glutes/Body Fat. I need to blast this bottom half of mine!

Wendy-I read about your 5K time. Do you HAVE to tell DH 'he was right'? LOL GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we're back from our camping trip this weekend. It was a BLAST! Nice and relaxing, fun and gorgeous! Glad to be home, though!

School started today. Got the kids on the bus and took off for a run OUTSIDE! FINALLY! LOL Felt great, and I can call myself a Cheetah once again! I did PLB this AM, early (in place of the prescribed L&G, which I loaned to my friend's DH). Legs are feeling it now.

I START MY JOB TODAY AS WELL! I'm pumped about that too! I've gotta go shower and get dressed. I'm loving the little bit of time in the AM before I have to report in.

ANYWAY.......BBL sometime after school. Happy TUESDAY!

Gayle

Good morning to all the lovely cheetahs and I hope you all had a great holiday weekend:) :) Instead of another worknight I'm doing 2 days of classes. It's neverending for nurses..... teachers too for that matter, heck any profession! This is one I definitely do not get into though, Pediatric Advanced Life Support. I'm up early to get in a workout first:)

Wendy- Thank you so much for posting the race pics! Love that cute racerback you are wearing:* I think you look awesome! It's funny how the official race photographer always seems to take a pic when we have a funny expression on our faces! Congratulations again on a fantastic performance... you go girl and enjoy your rest day!

Cathy- wooohoooo, doing a Shelly style workout? B&G and a run, Love it }( Are you back at work now officially?

Marcia- I guess it's now back to your job now too..... one of many for you!! Are you still planning on doing a Half Marathon later this year? Have a great walk today.

Amy- I don't know about you but I find those meetings to be alot more tiring then the actual "job". I have to go to alot of them unfortunately!

Laurie- You did get in an awesome workout yesterday! I think alot of the weight workout in LIC and DM is very challenging. You did have a nice end of summer beach day!!!

Carole- That's a great idea alternating the S&H exercises, definitely would help.... only now I have to go out and buy a programmable DVD player!

Gayle- Best of luck to you on your new job today!!! Glad you got on a run too!

Time to get moving here. I'll be doing LIC upperbody circuit and when I get home later today it'll be 40 min. on the EXT.

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...great running pics!!! Thanks for sharing, I think your DH did a good job taking them. I hope its a mellow work day for you too. So you get 2 to train ronight?...:)

Cathy...Back to school!...I hope you have a good day getting back into the swing of things. Enjoy your run and B&G premix...

Marcia...nice to see you again. Hope DS has fun going back to school. I am not really following a specific rotation, but I am doing heavy weights on my upper one week and then endurance on upper the next.

Laurie...sounds like a good workout yesterday...a nice day at the beach sounds wonderful...:)

Gayle...Good Luck on the job!! Glad you got in a great camping weekend before going to work. Good job with PLB and a run.

Shelly...sounds lke some tough classes. I love my programmable DVD player, one of the best purchases I hae even made. Enjoy LIC upper and 40 min on the EXT.

I am doing S&H legs and KPC.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Rest day for me as I have a doctor’s appointment that includes blood work, so no exercise and no tea or food (only the no tea bothers me!). Then it’s off to work. Fortunately a short week! One of the kids started the Cuckoo Clock last night, and it just went off. Jimmy is running around trying to figure out what noise is – it’s quite funny.

I’m going to try a different kind of rotation for a while (read – as long as I can take it!). I’m going to run 4 days a week and do yoga, pilates or core work the other days. That’s it. No weight work. We’ll see if I make it a week. LOL.

Wendy – Love the photos!!! You look good girl!! And congrats again on beating 30 minutes! You must still be walking on air!Enjoy your rest day!

Cathy – Happy First Day Back at school! Hope you have the best kids! Sounds like a good mish mosh.

Laurie – sounds like you had a great day! Glad it didn’t rain on you!

Gayle – Oh absolutely! Let us know how your first day back at work went! Sounds like you’re nice, relaxed and raring to go!

Shelly – We’ll see on the Chi Running stuff. Wow! Sounds like you have a full plate! I think nurses and teachers have it worse than the rest of us, honestly. I admire those who can do those jobs with grace and poise. Hope the classes go well.

Carole – I have to admit when I read that Danny does not advocate heavy weights, I chuckled. I’m only doing a yoga/running rotation because I think it might help my running. We’ll see. Enjoy S&H and KPC. Have fun! I love KPC.

Enjoy everyone!!!

Hi Cheetahs!

Wendy- you rock girl! hi five! hi fvie! hi five!

Laurie- how was the sunset form the north side? The sky has been amazing to watch lately.

Carole- I thought of you on my run today. I did 8 miles in 82" and was having trouble keeping my pace. But I did KPC yesterday in lieu of a circuit and OUCHIE! I haven't done any kick boxing in a couple of months. My butt was screaming at me towards the end of the run. I kept trying to use my core and relax my lower body. I think it did help some.

Cathy- happy new school year. :)

Ok so I did KPC (as mentioned above) yesterday and ran 8 miles today with no route or distance in mind. I ended up on a samll college campus and in the surrounding neighborhoods. It was a nice change of scenery.

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Hi Ladies.

Thank you to all who commented about my pics. I happen to think they are all pretty beastly but hey, you are your own worst critic, right? :p I was hoping to think the professional finish line pic was atleast OKAY so that I could order it as a momento of the PR but it's just soooo awful that I can't bring myself to do it!:eek:

Laurie: Glad you had a great beach day! Hope your girls have a good first day back to school.

Gayle: LOL, I didn't WANT to admit that my DH was right. In fact, I never ACTUALLY said that he was. I simply smiled and said "I DID IT!". :p I did, however, admit to him that I don't think I would have even CONSIDERED TRYING for it if not for him putting it in my head. Gotta love him!:)

Shelly: ACK, what a depressing class to have to take. I commend everyone in the nursing profession. What a tough job!!!

Carole: Yup-2 victims for this evening...Bwahahahah!}( Oooh S&H legs and KPC sounds like a killer combo! ENJOY!}(

Christine: I hope your doc appointment was on the early side! I have to make those blood work appointments for first thing or else I'm a wreck! LOL Good luck with your new rotation!

Judy: Nice job on your run y'day and kpc today! I have my first 8 miler coming up this saturday! I'm scared!:eek: :eek:

Hey!

I finally got all of my stuff hung on the walls in my work out room! DH re-hung the 2 posters I had properly now that I've actually FRAMED them and I just moved my Cathe calender and PT certificate and got the 2 RT pictures hung up! This room is getting more inspirational by the moment!:)

I REALLY want the X posters but they are just soooo huge! I could not get both and would probably have to give something up in order to hang even ONE of them! Grrr! x(

I'm back - bloodwork is DONE! YEAH! My doc is cute. He told me that with the exercise I do, the way I eat 90% of the time, and my health in general, I'm doing well and he said not to worry too much about my weight (yeah, right!). I guess we'll see what he says when the bloodwork comes back - eh?

Judy - I'm impressed that you could run with a sore butt! Yes, that's my mantra, too - that and "prance". On another forum for Chi Runners, one of the girls used that term for making sure you get the leg circle down. It feel odd to me, but when I do it, I can feel the lean happen and feel it more in my abs. Interesting. We'll see how I do on my run tomorrow.

Wendy - Oh yeah, my appointment was at 9:00AM. I have a cup of coffee in my hand right now! I don't care about the food as much as my cup of tea or coffee in the AM. I think your pics are great!

Congrats on the clean bill of health Christine! That's our cheetah!:)

Hey, yet ANOTHER question for the Cheetah experts out there!:)

Assuming I enter and go through with the October 21st half, would it be okay for me to enter a 15K race on November 25th w/the (hopeful) intention of running the whole thing? That would be a full month post half. Not too much, is it?? Just curious! Thanks!:)

Also, as far as post half goes...I don't want to do something stupid and hurt myself after hopefully getting through the half unharmed. How long should I wait to start cardio again, especially running?? Isn't there "down time" suggested after a long endurance race like that?

TIA Ladies!:)

Hi Cheetahs!

Had to check in to see how Wendy did with her race and to say hi!

Wendy - Congratulations! What an awesome time! But, we all knew you could do it! Loved the pic. You meant business girl! Proud of you!

Christine - I think I will follow your advice and use this as a recovery week. If the opportunity arises for a short run, I will take it. Like having different locations on my Garmin.

Cathy - Hope I didn't miss anyone's question to me before I left. I promise I'll get back on the J-O-B when I get home. Thanks for making the observation.

I found some nice bargains at Filene's Basement yesterday. Picked up 5 tops, a skirt and a cute little purse all for about $35. They were having 75% off the lowest ticketed price. Gotta love those. Plan on going to Woodfield Mall tomorrow. I always spend too much money when I come here. But, it's so nice having a bigger and better selection of stores to choose from and I can find my size too.

Hello to everyone else. Sis is having internet issues too. So, I will post what I have and hope it's not lost.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Nice scores at Filene's, Jackie! I hope you do well at the mall too! Nothing like a good shopping trip to sooth the soul!;)
Thanks for the kudos. I am very touched that you remembered my "big race weekend".:)

Hello cheetahs! Sorry this will be a quick post. I hope everyone had a great Labor day weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't make it out of the house much the whole weekend. I had some kind of stomach bug on Sunday, Monday, and even part of today. No workouts for me. Besides that, we adopted Chelsea on Saturday. Chelsea is high energy and headstrong and has separation anxiety from her previous living arrangements. I won't be able to take her on walks until we work on her training a lot more. It will probably be a couple months before I can lead her on a leash outside of our back yard. If I took her now then she would be walking me, okay more like running. :) However, she will be a good running partner when she is properly trained. She is also good with the kids.

Do you believe in fate? A few weeks ago when I told Xander (DS) we were thinking about getting another dog, he told me he wanted to name the puppy Lexie. Well, we found out on Sunday that Chelsea's previous name was Lexie. How weird is that? Maybe we were destined to save her from the rescue, if you believe in that sort of thing. Anyway we are keeping her name as Chelsea because she was getting used to it already by the time we found out on Sunday.

Cathy - I completely agree with you on answering questions on personals, even though I'm sure I have missed a few myself since I don't get to long on as often sometimes as others.

Gayle - Have a great 1st day!!

Wendy - Congrats on your 5K time!!

Sorry I don't have time for more personals. I'll try to come back later.

Whew.....back from the busy first day of school.

ShellyC - My office is open all year around, so when school is out it's a lot quieter, but I still go as normal.:-( No HM on tap right now, there was/is too much going on that I can't seem to find time to train, so I'll have to prioritize and see if I can work something out for the spring.

Wendy - Any pics of that workout room?

Cathy - How was your first day back? Did the kids like your newly decorated office?

Have a great evening everyone!

I'm off to take DS to football practice and a 1-1/2 hour power walk for me.

Marcia.

Hi again, cheetahs :)

A change of plan for me…I was able to get a pedi appointment for this afternoon, so I have been advised not to run or work out tonight. It’s actually fine with me because I have so much to do tonight and tomorrow before the kids get in that I could use that hour and a half. So I’m rearranging the week’s plan. It’s a little bit mangled now, but I should have thought about this ahead of time – that the opening week of school would be a little cramped. So a question, O wise cheetahs :) : This is my 11th week of the Aug. 04 rotation…do you think it would make any sense to take a break from the rotation this week and just do whatever workouts I can, and then resume where I left off next week? I have a situation now where I'd have to do four back-to-back runs with leg work all mixed in, and that doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Marcia :: I still have two more weeks in the rotation, so I haven’t measured or weighed yet. I fully understand things getting busy – you have a year-round crazy work schedule, woman!…Our kids aren’t in yet, but it’s funny, teachers kept coming into my classroom (I just have a regular room, not an office) saying how much they like it and that it smells really good – it was nice to hear, big dork that I am. :)

Wendy :: the kids start on Thursday…In the meantime, we have staff, department, and team meetings, we pick up of IEPs from the special ed. dept., there’s somehow LOTS of paperwork, and then the rest is general prep time. So yeah, last-minute touches – e.g. I need to finish off two bulletin boards, catalog some new books I bought, run copies, and put together packets that go home. I’m hoping to get in early tomorrow. I made it in just in time today, and I never do that. How’d tonight’s session go?…Your pics? Beastly? *lol* No way! DH did a much better job than the pro. You look great!…Hey, you hung up the RT pics? Cool. Mine is on my new mousepad at school…I’m not really sure what is the recommended recovery time between such long distances. Apparently, I do one every 10 years, so it’s not an issue. *lol*

Laurie :: I absolutely did not mean to suggest that you (or anyone!) deserves to be whipped with a wet noodle. Just wanted to ask folks to try to respond to questions that people take the time to ask. That’s all :) …That does sound like a great combo of a w/out you had yesterday.

Gayle :: you’re welcome ~ hope you enjoy that rotation. If you’re out to blast your legs and butt, I don’t think you can go wrong with this one! Hope you had a great first day.

Shelly :: yes, today was the official start…So much for my Shelly-style workout. *lol* Don’t give up on me. Maybe there’s hope for me yet. ;) …I hear you on the classes!

Carole :: thanks!…S&H and KPC sounds like a good combo.

Christine :: So, I guess that was routine bloodwork? …Chuckling at the image of Jimmy reacting to the cuckoo clock…what prompted you to drop the weight work? Chi?

Judy :: I really enjoy k’boxing as a crosstraining activity with running…it does get in the muscles differently…Sounds like a pleasant course you had today. I need to change it up more.

Jackie :: All THAT for $35??? Holy hell, I need to go shopping with you! Have fun w/ continued spending!

Kristi :: Sorry about the bug you had…Lousy timing for the holiday weekend…Wow, that *is* bizarre about Lexie! I agree, you must’ve been meant to have her! Good luck with the training.

Amy :: same to you!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.