::: CHEETAHS ::: tuesday, 5.22

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies~ :)

I dropped the ball on yoga last night. Dozed for a bit and when I woke up, I lost all desire to do it. So, it's on the agenda for today, and I won't ditch. Promise. :)

Christine :: awwww, poor Jimmy & DD14! Hope they're both doing better today...Good to know they need teachers in Cali!

Wendy :: it depends on whether I'm pleased or disgusted w/ my final pics *lol*. I have it set up on PictureTrail, but it is currently password-protected. The X ends on Sunday. Though I've been saying I'll welcome a break from the heavy lifting, I loved it and will absolutely do it again - probably when I reach my goal weight. However, for the second round, I really want to find a solution for the chinups b/c I don't think the band works you hard enough. Certainly not as well as hoisting up your own body weight!

OK, cheetahs, have a great day & great w/outs! TTYL

Cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetah-Chickies!:+

Cathy: The pull up bar is DEFINATELY awesome. I wish there was a way you could put one in your place! Hadn't someone mentioned doing pullups using the fluidity bar some how? Ever tried it?? I felt the same exact way about my X pics. I did not decide to reveal them until the very end. Once I saw the results then I was more then happy to show them off...even the nasty first day's!:7 :p ;) When you see all of the pics together you may very well be *very* pleasantly surprised! Good job completing the rotation! It's not an easy thing to do!!!!}(

So I am working this morning. I haven't been working tuesdays but they need coverage this week and next so they will both be 3 day weeks for me.

At nap time I have Tear It Up on tap...bring on the burn...AND the boredom, baby! LOL :p I am going to skip any ab work in the work out since I just fried 'em up y'day with Cathe!:)

Hope everyone has a good day...BBL!:)

Good Morning Ladies:) I'm multi tasking here, posting between laundry and getting lunches together...I can't believe the count down to the end of the school year has started already!

I didn't end up running much with my friend. It was her first outing since last week's half and after 2.5K her hip and knee said 'WALK'. We walked for an hour and 45 minutes through fields and orchards in full bloom, very nice. Today I'm getting in 8K early then hopefully some upper body work. GardenMax is up for later today, get my dirt manicure:+

Cathy, enjoy your yoga later. It was a holiday Monday so napping over yoga sounds perfect.:)

Wendy, what's Tear It Up.....sounds like a good news/bad news thing. It must be effective to make up for the boredom factor.

Chat later Ladies, it's gorgeous here, hope you all get to enjoy your day:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning ladies,

cathy- i would be willing to bet your pics will look awesome:)

wendy- so you normally work 2 days a week? have fun with tear it up! i share your same sentiments re: working out. sometimes just switching gears will change your outlook.

laurie- when is the last day of school for your children? for mine it's 6/1. wooohooo!! a couple months with no homework to do, i think i am looking as forward to that as my son:7

christine- i don't know, that workout just sounds so scary. i hope both DD and jimmy are doing better today.

this morning i went to the gym and did itread 5 indoor marathon training and later on today i have legs and abs. not sure if i will do B & G or one i downloaded from itrain (my new addiction, lol).

ttyl...:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks for explaining. I can see why you would like to stay in your particular space, you just have to get used to that. I had no idea you had moved around so much in 6 years of teaching. The massage was definitely nice...I was a bit zonked last night myself. I went to bed early and slept the whole night! Hope you can get in Yoga later. So who would you like to see win "Dancing"?

Christine....OMG!...Jimmy is bound to scare you half to death. I can see how the leash must have made him bolt. But, at least he knew where home was. I hope his paw is better today. Awful too about your DD's spill! Falling on gravel is painful, hope she is also feeling better today.

Wendy...thanks for the P90 info. I might have to hold out for a P90X Masters series myself...:)..Tear it up sounds interesting. Let us know how you liked it.

Laurie...nice of you to walk with your wounded friend! Have a good 8K today. I should get out in my yard too...the leaves are calling...:)

Sunny...you are really enjoying iTrain! That marathon training one is fun.

I am planning on some legwork (quads and hamstrings), S&H Chest and a 4-5 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs! It's time to get the house back in order today! After company all weekend, I feel like I got nothing done but having fun!! :) (which is fine too!)

Well, no surgery for Kiersten today. We had to post-pone til June 12th (next earliest available). They don't want to do it w/ inflammation/ infection still in there. I guess they could get the tubes placed wrong and that could cause hearing problems, and we want to get her hearing fixed! She was happy at least that she won't have to miss any more school to get them done. (they're done w/ school on the 4th)

We had a fun night- ended up going to IHOP & to play mini golf instead of Chuck E. Cheese (my dh hates that place!). It was a beautiful night. Scot was the winner as usual!

I have Back & Biceps + ARX on tap plus maybe a bike ride w/ Allison. I got a little sunburnt on my forehead y'day, even w/ sunblock on!

Must get movin'! Laundry is calling my name! :p

Good morning ladies!

Carole - Glad you enjoyed the massage. I'm going to FL next month and I think I will get some pampering while there. Think I've mapped out a route where I can run Saturday and I won't have to be in any isolated areas alone. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. So glad to hear resting the glutes is helping some with the pain. Have a great workout today!

Cathy - I did an iTrain workout yesterday. I can't remember if it was listed under iTreads or iClimbs. I don't blame you one bit for wanting a classroom you can call your own. That's the way I felt about sharing an office with other people. I didn't like it one bit and now I have my own space with a door. Guess your body wasn't ready to tackle that yoga yet.

Christine - You're having a time with Jimmy. Glad he knew the way home and he's ok. How's DD scrapes?

Wendy - The iTri may not be too bad at the gym. At least you're not hopping off the machines to do some sculpting and then getting back on the same piece of equipment. You should be able to do 15 minutes each on the machines, right? 30 minutes is usually the limit, right? My Yoga Booty Ballet was a freebie with Turbo Jams. I just haven't had the desire to even preview it. Let me know how you do with Tear It Up today. That's one of the longest ones.

Laurie - That walk through fields and orchards sounds peaceful and serene. Enjoy your 8K and Garden Max.

Sunny - Like the iTread marathons! Enjoy the rest of your workout.

Jess - Sorry Kiersten's surgery had to be postponed but glad it's rescheduled. Hope she feels better. Enjoy your workout and laundry.

I did Jiggle Free Arms, Jiggle Free Buns and 15 minutes of Jiggle Free Abs. I walked on the treadmill during the cardio portions. I did 16 pull ups. Worked up a pretty good sweat. Enjoyed the workout!

Hello to everyone else! Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Hey again:) What a run!!! Cool and sunny, lilacs, apple and cherry blossoms, great pace....life is good:D Got home, stretched and did the floor work from B&G plus glute squeezes on the ball and a mish mosh of both ab sections. I'm having some steel cut oats with ground flax and applesauce then off to work.

Sunny, my Kids aren't done until the end of June but they are counting down. My 12 year old went on a French exchange in rural Quebec in March and next week the French student is coming here so there won't be much academics that week, a lot of day trips and group activities. Enjoy your new addiction:)

Carole, lovely that your massage lulled you into a good night's sleep. I'm starting to wonder if I'll get to the yard today....work and stuff gets in the way:) Have a good run:)

Jackie, it really was a nice walk but my runners got filthy and I'm pretty fussy that way:) I've never heard of the 'jiggle free' workouts....wouldn't work for me, my upper arm (triceps) has perma-jigglex( There's muscle under it but I'm learning to love the jiggle:)

Jess, two of my Girls had tubes in their ears, it's tough seeing them go through surgery but those infections can be brutal. We've just gotten a referral for 16 year old Marley to finally get her tonsils out,..their massive and she's had 2 bouts of tonsilitis in the last few weeks....poor baby...

Off to work now:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetah pals,
I am a groggy cheetah this morning. We went to bed late last night due to watching back to back episodes of Desperate housewives. We had them on tivo. Wow, what a season finale!

My knees are feeling better, but still a tiny bit twingy, so yesterday I just did an hour of pilates and today I will do Butts and Gutts leg blast premix. I probably won't run or do any step until next week. I am being very careful, for once;-)

Cathy, get that yoga in today. I have been reevaluating my yoga practice after hearing my chiro slam it. He really is horrified by some of the postures. I guess it is all about moderation. I can't wait to see your pics after power 90. I am sure you look fabulous:)

Wendy, yes, do explain to us what tear it up is. It sounds very intiguing. Have fun at work.

Laurie, it so nice to see you back on the forum. I have often thought of you and how you are doing. I am glad you can run again. I was running again and then apparently overstretched my Lateral collateral ligament from doing runners stretch too often. I have to just do low impact for a few weeks. What is an obsessed cheetah to do;-)

Sunnydelite, join me in Butts and gutts. It is the most fun torture I ever experience. Have a good workout.

Carole, glad you enjoyed your massage. Sometimes after my massages I just crash. I think I need to strengthen my quads. What workout would you recommend for that? You are always so balanced with your leg workouts, I figured you would be the one to ask.

Jackie, you always mix it up good with your workouts. What is jiggle free from and who is the instructor?

Jess, Poor Kiersten to go through all of this. We almost had to put tubes in Ally's ear after numerous ear infections. She just outgrew them though luckily. I love Ihop. My hubby and I are not big fans of chuck E cheese either. The kids always love it there though. Have fun with your bike ride.

Hello to all the other cheetahs stopping by. I am off to take kids to school and then my torture session with Cathe.

Cheers!

Susan

Hello Cheetahs! MIA Cheetah reporting in. I've been so busy with work that I haven't had any free time. I did get to leave work early on Friday for my first massage. DH bought it for me for Mother's Day. It was so heavenly. I can see myself getting one again. :)Afterwards, as I was walking out the door, DH showed up with flowers (while on his lunch break). It was very unexpected and so sweet.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. I need to get back on track with my workouts and eating clean but my motivation is not there. When I leave for lunch I need to go vote, but afterwards I don't know what to do. I'll only have a short amount of time left before heading back to work so maybe I'll do a quick weight workout on my own. I don't feel up for cardio.

Anyone else following Dancing with the Stars? I absolutely love that show. My favs are Joey and Apollo. I'm torn between who should win. Either of these guys deserve it.

Jess - Sorry to hear about your DD's surgery being postponed. My DD got tubes at 8 months and it has been the best thing that has ever happened. For 6 months she had one continous ear infection and was in so much pain. As of today DD has had her tubes a full year and only 2 ear infections total, one the week following surgery and then one a month ago when she had an upper respiratory infection. However, they should be falling out any time now. I hope you daughter has great success when she gets her tubes.

Good Morning All –

My eating is finally back on track, and I cannot believe how good I feel! Darn! It really is a vicious cycle with bad food, depression… Wow. And even though I know this, why can’t I continue to eat well when I know I’m going to feel like this? I think we’re our own worst enemies! I did part of Spinervals Have Mercy the Sequel and I really enjoyed it – VERY different from the first one in that there are a lot of long tempo rides (similar to tempo runs, yes – but much more steady state than you normally get with Spinervals). One is 30 minutes in length. I’m thinking a good warm up, and then the 30 minute tempo spin after BBC S&A tomorrow and I’ll be a happy camper! I only did about an 70 minutes, but I did get to preview all of it. I think I’m going to use the two Have Mercy’s a lot. DD14 is feeling better although she’s a little stiff. Fortunately she does not have PE today. Jimmy is okay today as well – his one paw is a bit sore, but he walks on it fine and it jumping around like a mad puppy so he’ll be fine. I did do some work with him this morning to desensitize him to my dropping the leash. Poor little thing piddled every time I did it (he’s so afraid of it) but I was working on having him sit and I hope he realized that once he sat, the leash stopped chasing him. I’ll work more on it later. Must be tough being a 4 month old puppy at times…

Wendy – yeah, I probably could have used a good stiff shot of whiskey, but I survived. Between DD14 and the puppy is it any wonder I have gray hair?! Enjoy working!

Cathy – Have fun with Yoga! I think they need good teachers everywhere. It’s a good profession to be in if you have the calling. And you do.

Laurie – so glad you’re back! I can’t believe the school year is almost over either? Didn’t they just start a few weeks ago?! Wow… My youngest will be a sophomore in high school – ouch! Enjoy your dirt manicure! :p

Sunny – funny I think the Spinervals are easier than the iTreads. I guess to each her own – eh? :p

Carole – Poor little guy – he’s such a love – I felt awful. Even DH was cuddling him last night when he got him – which is unusual. He likes Jimmy, but he’s not a puppy cuddler. :p DD is much better – her BF was sweet enough to give her a lot of TLC. I swear her BF is the human version of Jimmy – I walk into the room when they’re both there, and they both cock their heads at me – it’s funny. He’s also sweet (and a lot less hyper than the puppy thankfully!) and he treats DD like gold. And I thought of you during Dancing with the Stars – what great freestyles!! I adore Apollo…

Jackie – I’m chuckling at the names of your workouts. Although they must be good if you can do 16 pull ups! Sounds like a good time! DD is recovering nicely, thanks!

Jess – yeah, I’m not a fan of Chuck E Cheese either, really. Sounds like a good day for you!

Susan – glad your knee is better! Enjoy B&G!

Kristi - Yeah Dancing with the Stars was great. I like the girl (I forget her name) because she's bigger and can move so gracefully, but I don't know what they were thinking during the freestyle! The first dance they did was incredible! Enjoy your massage!! How sweet of DH!!

Well, I guess I should get back to work! Enjoy your day Cheetahs!

ok ladies i just finished the istrength abs and legs!! another itread goodie:) :D :7

christine- you are the spinning queen! i am thinking of purchasing clipless pedals and bike shoes. any recommendations?

jackie- yes, the itreads are super fun. i think grace is really motivating.

kristi- how about your p90x rotation?

Sunny - SPD. I would only consider SPD at this point as your cleats will be compatible with the spin bikes at the gym.

Pedal - I have $50/60 mountain bike pedal on both my MTB and my road bike. Road pedals have the clip in on one side only, MTB have it on both and it makes it easier to clip in quickly. They are slightly heavier but I'm not racing, so that's not a big deal to me. And they are only ounces heavier. Bike people get obsessed with ounces.

Shoes - I prefer mountain bike shoes as well. The cleats are recessed so walking is easier (and my hardwood floors at home do not get scratched when I have to run upstairs to wake up DD14 in the middle of a ride). Road shoes have the cleats raised a bit, so walking is like walking in really stiff earth shoes with the toes elevated. But, both are fine. The actual brand is like running shoes - go with the fit and style you like most. Make sure you they are roomier and a bit longer and feet really swell after many miles.

And your bike shop should install the cleats for you and offer to install the pedals (the pedals are easy to install).

Hope that helps. (I know - too much info!)...

Hello ladies,
I just finished leg blast premix and 30 minutes on the elliptical and I feel great!!!! I love that workout and it is not hard on my knees.

I am now off to take my little Mariah out for burritos. I know burn the calories and put them right back in}( The story of my life(LOL)!

Kristi, hello and sorry you have had to work so much. I hope you get a workout in today. That is so great that you had a massage for mom's day. You definitley deserve it.

Christine, send some of your discipline with food my way please! Poor little Jimmy. It is hard being a 4 month old puppy. I hope his little paw feels better.

I am off to lunch. See ya!

Susan

Jackie...I hope you do get some pampering when you go to FL, it is well worth it. Sounds like you mapped out a good course for Sat...I hope you have fun. I got that Yoga Booty Ballet free with something too...I have done it twice, nothing tough just different and fun on an easy day. Wow, you had a great Jiggle free workout!

Laurie...great description of your run. Good job with B&G floor. I should get to my yard, just worried my allergies could kick up again, and Sunday was not fun.

Susan...the best thing for the strengthening the quads IMO is leg extensions. But they should also be balanced with leg curls. You can do these exercises with ankle weights but the best way is with a leg machine that lets you do both. Extensions can also help keep the knees strong and injury free. Enjoy your B&G torture...:)

Kristi....aren't massages great! Very sweet of your DH. I am watching "Dancing" too. I agree both guys are great and it won't bother me if either of them win over the other.

Christine...glad you eating is back on track. I have been struggling there too. Sounds like you are loving Spinervals. I can imagine how bad you felt about Jimmy. Glad he is better today. Learning the laws of the leash can take some time. Nice he had some cuddle time with DH too...:)...That is very sweet your DD has such a nice BF. I loved the comparison to Jimmy and her BF! I think I had a BF like that in High School...:)...Yes, the Freestyles in Dancing were great. Can't believe the show is almost over...

Sunny..sounds like s good iStrength!

Well the 4.5 mile run was a bit windy and slow but went well...I'll tackle S&H Chest this afternoon.

christine- thank you , thank you , thank you!! that helps alot. i didn't even realize there was so much to all of it. next stop will be to a bike shop. i have a comfort bike and i am thinking i will need to change the pedals so i can wear the clipless shoes on my own bike as well as the spin bike. thanks again!!:7

Another fairly busy day for cheetah posts!

Wendy :: yeah, I mentioned using the Fluidity bar for the pullups, and I tried it, but somehow it’s not the same. So how was Tear It Up?

Laurie :: oh yes, the countdown is on here, too…20 days!! Loved the description of today’s run. Tempts me to lace up and hit the bricks, but I’ll save that for tomorrow in place of CS.

Carole :: Yeah, I suppose you are right – I just have to get used to the fact that the moving is a reality of the job. I’ll survive! *lol*…I would like to see Laila or Apollo (forget his partner’s name???) win. Joey works my nerves. Too much showboating for the camera. Plus, he did some dancing with his band, so I think it’s more of an accomplishment for the other two. How ‘bout you?

Jackie :: Well, my body could’ve handled the yoga – I was just being lazy after my nap, I think. I did go to bed early AGAIN, though.

Susan :: I will, I will (get to the yoga)! I do think it is best in moderation. I know I feel better when practicing regularly…I am the same way after a massage – often, I am completely out of it!

Kristi :: score one for DH! He sounds like he gets it! I do follow DWTS but have not watched as faithfully this season. I am rooting for Laila or Apollo.

Christine :: it sounds like you really know what you are doing when it comes to training pups!…Glad both he & DD14 are on the mend…Oh OK, I thought you meant California was experiencing a teacher shortage!…BTW, I wanted to ask you this – you’re a tech whiz…if someone were leaving inappropriate comments on my classroom website, would it be possible to trace who it is?

Hi Jess, Gayle, Linda, and Shelly!

Well, you ladies are way too kind in anticipation of my final P90 pics…Keep in mind, I still need to drop 20!

OK, off to eat a light dinner and then…tonight…it’s YOGA…for real!
Cathy :)

Cathy...I don't think I explained myself good. What I meant was that when you got a good classroom (as in your luxury suite), you have to get very used to that being your place. I can't imagine anyone getting used to moving a lot in any work situation. Have fun with Yoga! I think I'd like to see Apollo or Joey win. I do like Laila but I think the other 2 guys have danced way better than her. I do think Maxim is easy on the eyes though.... :9

Carole :: OH! OK! I see what you mean. I am just trying to have a good attitude about it and accept that it seems to happen often in teaching. I'm thinkin' I should probably just be glad that I have a classroom at all because so many teachers do not have great conditions to work in...Oh, yeah!!! I could watch Maks all night long! :)...But I really haven't watched the show as faithfully this season, so really, I shouldn't comment.

~Cathy :)

Cathy - yeah, you should be able to trace the comments but you'll need to have a technician or someone work with you on that as a trace can be complicated. Not sure you have the ability, but you might want to see if you can have a "log in" only to be able to leave comments. Kind of like the Cathe boards where you have to log in to write anything. That way you can verify every one who has the ability to leave comments.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.