::: CHEETAHS ::: Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetah babes! :7 :7 :7

I'm slow to get movin' this morning. It's another half day with the kids followed by parent conferences in the afternoon. Fortunately, it won't be as late a day as y'day.

Christine :: my dad's doing the assembling for me, so it has to wait til Friday...I gave my best one-woman effort to bury that thread a little more this morning.

For tonight's workout, I am on the bubble. Will either go with KB + C&B from the 4DS (this would be repeating last week's plan since I bagged most of it) *or* I may depart from that entirely and do mostly circuits this week before beginning a new 4-week rotation next week.

Have a great day, ladies! Will BBL.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Good morning cheetahs! It's been pretty nice at work tonight. After I get off I'll do a mega shopping trip and get all my Thanksgiving needs, the stores should still be nice and uncrowded then. I get one night off then it's back again Wednesday:( So, after a nap I'll be doing a 4-5 mile interval run and then later some upper body work, not decided yet workout specifically.

Judy- How exciting that you'll be racing on Thanksgiving!!! I can't recall you ever racing before and I really look forward to hearing about it!!!

Kristi- Sounds like a very frustrating experience at your vet's yesterday x( I would have been very upset too! I think you are doing a fantastic job with Chelsea!!

Wendi- I usually can grab an hour or so napping on Thanksgiving and I'm used to it. Frankly I'd rather do it this way then cook all day, entertain and THEN go to work! I'm so glad you got your tooth fixed without too much trauma!

SunnyD- Let me know what you think of Tracy's new workouts. I'm especially interested in the one with Yoga and Pilates.

Cathy- Nice that you have only a "half day" today, although it sounds more tiring then a regular full day to me! Which new rotation are you doing next week? You've undoubtably told everyone before so forgive me for asking again.

Carole- I was perusing the LVmarathon website and saw where you could download the course to Garmin forerunners 205 or 305 and get course points and pacing info. Sounds interesting!

Time to make myself useful. I'll try to check back later!

ShellyC

cathy-i am so surprised you have to work on wednesday. i am on an administrative schedule and used to have to work on the wednesday before t-day, but the teachers have never had to work. now, we don't either! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif

it's weird being up and not being able to work out. i don't ever plan my rest days, they are when i feel i need them or somethign prevents me from working out. thi self-imposed-training-schedule-two-day rest day is going to drive me crazy! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gif

i am SOOOOO excited because i am leaving work early to go to the race expo today. i LOVE the expos! it's one of my fave parts of doing big races. i can't wait to see all the goodies there. i also have to pick up my packet and chip and i can't find my chip holder. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif oh well! maybe i'll get a new one.

i heard yesterday that michael vick is in jail. yay!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_34.gif I know this is mean, but i hope he gets abused he same way he abused all those poor, poor babies.

anyway, i'm not gong to end on THAT note! i will say, have an awesome day all you awesome cheetah women!!! you truly are special.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gif

Good Morning gang:)

I didn't get to check in yesterday b/c I slept in and when I got up DH was ready to leave....with his computer:-( I was so sad that I didn't get to check in with my buddies!

So the Indian food got the best of me! I was so sick Sun night...and finally at 1:30 I woke up with a really bad belly and had to use to washroom! I then bought new batteries for my bathroon scale and I went from 124.4...to 118.4:) Thats the lowest I have been but b/c I haven't eaten much the past few days I dropped another pound:) Prehaps I will have Indian again??? nah...I don't think its worth it! I seriously felt like I had gained weight though b/c of the water retention and the fact that I hadn't worked out in 2 days. I know I couldn't have gained much but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Ive lost:)

Yesterdays workout was BM2 Scrammbled eggs and MM. I wanted to go for a run but it was -6. I knew I would be hurting my lunges and I knew it was to cold for DS. I am not sure what today will bring. I have babygroup now and i will workout after lunch.

Im hoping to get back and catch up on personnals before DH takes his computer again.

Lori:)

Thanksgiving Day minus 2

My shopping is mostly done for the big meal, and if I need something at this point, DS will go for me.

Shelly- in the day when I worked as a Respiratory Therapist, I would choose to work nights on Christmas Eve and Day for the same reason. :) You are right Shelly about the race for me. I once ran a 5k before becoming a regular runner. About 8 months later I began running consistently. I have no idea what to expect, but the last 3/4 mile of this race is on grassy trail. It should be interesting.

Kristi- I agree about not seeing that vet again. She really did not listen to your situation.

Carole- Thanks for the link to help with the Garmin. I tried again and for some reason , it took a charge. WTH? I have yet to hook it up to my computer though. I probably am not getting the most out of it.

Cathy- So which workout did you choose today?

Sunny- How do you like the new "Tracys" I still have not bought a non Cathe workout since the firm, last century.

Lori- TG Glad your tummy feels better now. Enjoy your non running choices today.

Lorie- Are you traveling far for your HM? What will be your plan for the rest of the day? Will you see DF ?

Today is a 3 mile run, tennis and hopefully back, biceps and shoulders from GS.

We have had the (same) stray cat , whom I have named Waldo, in our house every night. Last night DS who is home for the holiday, put him on his bed and he stayed the night with DS. I guess he thinks we are worth putting up with to get food and shelter. I don't want to run him off to the vet yet to get him neutered. I'm hoping he will get less afraid of the rest of us first.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning cheetahs friends! Today is supposed to be a beautiful warm 68 degrees. Not seasonal by any means. However tomorrow the temperatures will be going back to normal when a cold front comes through. Last night I ran 4 miles on the treadmill while watching Dancing with the Stars. :) Today I will be doing weight training. I was doing BFL, but all of that heavy lifting, while making me feel stronger, it also made me very hungry. I was eating everything in sight. I can't do that and expect to lose weight so I need to go back to endurance work.

Cathy - Congrats on your new EXT! Enjoy!!

I hope to make it back later today for personals. Sorry to post and run. WAVES to all Cheetahs!!

Good Morning Lovely Cheetahs!

My usual rest day is Thursday, but I’m going to make it today instead because I want a tough workout on Thursday! Today I’ll do Yoga for Happiness Magically Hips.

Cathy – Gotta love dad’s who are willing to assemble things for us! I did not see the thread at the top this morning – we’ll see. Enjoy your workout – whichever one you pick.

Shelly – Have fun shopping for Thanksgiving! You have a day off, then have to go back for one day? Ouch! That you maintain your energy is amazing!

Lori – Wow, sounds like you got some bad food. I have issues with Indian food’s spices, but not a violent reaction like yours. If you ever do decide to have Indian food again, ask me before you go and I’ll point you to some milder dishes. -6?! OUCH! I love BM2 Scrambled Eggs. It’s on of my favorites.

Judy – Very exciting that this is your first race since your 5k. I’ll be cheering you on! Glad to hear your kitty likes your DS! How sweet!

Lorie – Oh wow – great to see you smiling again! I love the expos, too. Just browsing through all of the neat gear is fun. I’ve never had to deal with a chip holder. In all my races, they simply provide little plastic ties to attach them to the shoe. And I’m with you on Vick.

Kristi – heavy lifting is a balancing act for me as well. I have to be very careful to get enough protein or I do want to eat everything in site! Good luck on your endurance rotation!

Have a good day Cheetahs!

Good morning Cheetahs!!

Christine - It's always nice to be in good with the boss. :)Mine knows I'll help him out in a pinch. How are the legs feeling today? Who is APX by?

Kristi - Sorry the vet was so insensitive to yours and Chelsea's needs. Looks like you should know what's best for her. Anyway, hope the trip goes well.

Wendi - That's great that the dentist was able to rebuild your tooth! Got that worry out of the way. Good luck with getting in the store Friday morning and getting out. I think a lot of people have the same idea.

Sunny - Glad you enjoyed your run. Interested in hearing your reviews of Tracy's workouts. Yeah, I think I've seen the Classical Stretch instructor on PBS.

Cathy - Congratulations on the new EXT! Can't wait to hear how you like it. Legs are still sore today but getting better. A lot of my family members would prefer cash for Christmas. That will make it easy for me. I'll just buy the little ones a gift. Enjoy your day at school.

Shelly - Glad you had a good night at work. At least you will beat the Thanksgiving dinner shoppers that will be out tomorrow. Hate going to the grocery the day before Thanksgiving - Crowds, crowds and more crowds!!!

Lori - Glad you're feeling better. Congrats on the weight loss but what a terrible way to have to do it. Had a lot of Indian food while I was in Tobago. I enjoyed some of the dishes, some not so much. I can't remember the names though.

Judy - Enjoy your workout.

Lorie - Love all of your emoticons! They're adorable. Enjoy the race expo.

This morning was a 20 minute walk and Cool It Off Express. That stretch felt so good too.

Hello to all others.

Jackie

Kristi - yes, I did not go back and read yesterday's posts, but I'm so sorry about the vet and Chelsea! How horrible of her. You are doing a wonderful job with her! I think you should go to to aa new vet. Vet's are like doctor's - if you don't mesh with them, find another one. There's nothing more important than good health for you or your dog.

Jackie - APX is Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme. She does weights very different than Cathe. I don't think she's better, but she works me differently, and my body is protesting the change still! :p

Good morning cheetahs

Took a day off yesterday, basically did nothing except watched TV. DH and I had gotten in a fight Sunday night and I was just feeling sorry for myself...:(..I know my body needed the rest and I feel a lot better today!

Cathy...cool you ordered the EXT!!! You will have so much fun friday...:)..Enjoy your workout whatever you decide on. I cannot believe so many people in the OD did NOT notice how old that thread was?? DUH...

Shelly...I will have to go check out that LV marathon site...:)..I am going to get my T-day stuff also today. I will cook for my DH and I (veggie style) and then we go to my sisters for dessert. Enjoy your run and upper body workout.

Lori..good job with BM2 scrambled aggs and MM.

Judy...glad the Garmin took a charge. I like downloading the info online, it is so much better for me than the paper log way of doing it. Enjoy you run, tennis and GS workout.

Lorie...Enjoy the race Expo!! I love those and have always gotten good deals on running stuff. I bet you will do great on your T-Day half.

Kristi...have fun weightlifting.

Christine...taking yesterday off for me, makes me think I will have to have some tough workouts in the next few days! Enjoy Yoga today.

Jackie..so you are recovering from your half! Good job with the walk and stretch.

Today will be Slo-mo Sho, bi's and tri's, abs and a 4 mile run. I will go back and catch-up on yesterdays posts...BBL

a bit more..

Wendi....YEOW!!! I can only imagine how much that hurt when your tooth broke!! I have had a lot of dental work done, but glad to hear your dentist fixed the tooth without a cap! That is great news about your SO being cancer free!! Scary stuff...

Cathy...in the winter I might hit the tanning both once a week. I eventually work up to 20 mins, and yes, I cover my face with a towel...wow!! HSC with the Bosu and purple bands sunday!! Good job on the weight loss since Sept.

Linda..I have still not tried Amy's ASC2 again. I might have to do this one combo by combo with a lot of rewinding.

Christine...I had the same experience with NRG's website and forum. Amy is very good about replying to emails personally. Looks like a great dinner Sunday night. So glad you are enjoying APX... oh the DOMS! Hopefully that post will die soon...

Wendy...LOL about your ex bf...:)

Judy...Yes, I am running the LV HM on Dec 2nd. Way to go racing on T-Day!!

Jackie...if you have the time I think you might like Chi running and reading the book really helps makes sense. Glad your feet didn't go numb in the HM.

Kristi...that is awful about the vet!! I agree, take your animals elsewhere.

Hopefully I am caught up now...:)

shelly-great idea to get all your shopping done early. unfortunately, tht will not be the case for me as DF wants to go wednesday. i should make him go alone!

lori-sorry you were so sick. maybe it was the spices? glad the new btteries "fixed" your weight gain!

judy-the half marathon is in atlanta about 20 minutes from my house. that's why i do it whenever i can (it's also a good excuse to eat a lot on t-day!). i plan on doing a lot of nothing the rest of the day and let DF cook. he has tix to the falcons/colts game (he'e a peyton manning fan, of course) at 8PM, so we're going to that. i am a colege football fan. not so much pro football.

kristi-your temps sound like ours. i think the weather guy said it was going to be around 70 today!

christine-yes! i love the expos! when i did the nashville marathon they had this cool chip holder that tied with velcro. i loved it and used it for othere races. now i can't find it. oh well!

jackie-a walk sounds nice. i am glad you enjoyed it

carole-i know that when DF and i are having problems (which seems like fairly a lot lately) i can spend all day home watching TV or reading. i don't want to do much else. i think those days are very thrapeutic.

Christine - Thanks for the Amy info. I really like her style more than I thought I would even though I've only done a couple of her workouts. I do like the different ways she works you. Enjoy your rest day.

Carole - Sorry for the fight brought you down a little but glad to see you're feeling better. Still recovering from the half and don't want to overdo too fast. Enjoy your workout today. My boss has the Chi Running book too. I do think it's worth giving it a try.

Lorie - That's good that your half is close to your house. How are things with you these days?

I seem to be caught up at work. I'm enjoying the leisure time.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

Jackie

Hi All –

Finished Yoga for Happiness with a furry face in my face staring with intense concentration (it was his breakfast time). A good laugh is a great way to end a very wonderful workout. Okay, it did not quite feel like ice cream getting licked off my body, but it was darned close. I have not done yoga for a while and that stretch was heaven sent with as stiff as I still am. I’m not really sore today, just stiff. Which is fine. I’m feeling really good right now! Shame to waste this great feeling on WORK! :+

Carole – sometimes we need a day off! Sorry about the fight! I hate that and the feeling they leave afterwards. {{{HUGS}}}. I’m really liking APX – thanks for the recommendation!

Lorie – Oh that’s a shame. That chip holder will pop up on Friday, the day after the race. That’s the way it always works with me!

Jackie – I also like her. I got her first workouts and was not too impressed, but after hearing the rave reviews, I went back and revisited her. I have changed my mind and I’m thrilled. Now, I want them all. I just need to be careful about impact – I can only do high impact once or twice a week now – and I have to baby my Achilles afterwards.

Off for the showers and then work. *sighs*

Good afternoon ladies!

Thanks to the rain I was able to sneak back home for lunch (and dry clothes!) but do have to be back there by 2:00. I was a bit pressed for time this morning but was able to get KPC in. If it isn't too cold tonight and I have the energy I may even go out for a short 4ish mile run. I'll have to see about that one. I could stop at the grocery store and get the rest of the fixins for Thursday. Since it will only by my SO and I, we're going non-traditional (especially since neither of us likes turkey)...lobster and filet mignon topped with bleu cheese, roasted red potatoes and green beans with almonds. Probably not the healthiest menu on the planet but I guess it could be worse ;-)!

Cathy - *Doing the happy dance* with you for your new EXT! I hope your conferences go smoothly and quickly. I hope you're off tomorrow though?

Shelly - Yeah, I guess it would be worse the other way around! I hope it ends up being an easy night for ya.

Lori - So sorry about the Indian not agreeing with you. I agree with Christine that it sounds like you may have eaten something bad. Congrats on the loss!

Judy - It sounds like Waldo has figured out that you're a nice home. I'm sure he'll warm up to the rest of the family before too long. Wow, that's quite the schedule you have today!

Lorie - Have fun at the expo! It's great to have our upbeat and bubbly Lorie back! ITA about Vick...I almost did the happy dance when I read that this morning.

Kristi - Great "Run with the Stars" last night. I'm the same as you...heavy lifting=nonstop eating for me.

Christine - Awwww, how cute to look up and see that furry face staring at you! Glad the yoga helped relieve the stiffness.

Jackie - Glad to hear the legs are feeling better today.

Carole -{{{{HUGS}}}} coming your way! I'm such a weenie about the dentist so even the thought of a cap practically gave me an anxiety attack :p. TY regarding my SO...we caught it early and, although his doctor said he could wait and see if it progressed, I told him to get it taken care of IMMEDIATELY! If he had listened to his doc he may not have faired so well. Great doc, huh? That's why you get a second opinion *rolls eyes*.

That's all I have time for right now. Waves to the rest of Cheetahville!!! TTFN.

Good morning ladies,
Well the bickersons are at it again,GRRRRRRRR! I have been making them do 10 pushups each time they bicker. I am afraid they might be a bit sore tomorrow}(

We just got back from picking up a dozen donuts at the local donut store. I had a bran muffin from trader joes and did not touch the donuts, but I don't know how long I can keep myself from them;-)

I ended up doing Circuit max last night and then Chest and Back from the 4DS. It was a good workout.

today, I will run 4 miles and then do lying leg work from butts and gutts and abs from ME.

Cathy, I also thought of just doing circuits this week, but I am enjoying the 4DS so much that I am going to continue with that. I can't believe your kids are still in school. I am so in awe of you teachers and all you do for conferences. I was overwhelmed just GOING to 3 of them, I cannot imagine writing all of those up.

Shelly, you are working WAY too hard. I hope you end up being able to enjoy yourself over the holiday even with all the working. Have a nice nap and a good run:)

Lori, maybe I should have some Indian food. I need to lose a few pounds;-) I like your type of lunges for lungs;-)

Judy, how many cats do you have now? I think of my mom when I think of cats. She used to collect cats as well;-) My poor day is left with 4 and the dog.

Lori, I am right there with ya when it comes to Michael Vick.

Kristi, we are also having some really warm weather. I usually switch to endurance work as well. I never go heavy for legs. I tend to bulk up there, but arms I can heavy. I too get very hungry when I lift heavy, but I tend to eat regardless of how hungry I am anyway;-)

Christine, enjoy your yoga session. Have you seen his dog doing yoga yet? I cannot remember what premix it is on. It is very cute, just like Eoinn.

Jackie, sounds like you had a nice relaxing workout this morning. You are always so balanced. I need to work on that a little more.

CArole, thanks to you and a few others I have now ordered Slo mo and APX. I am so excited to try them. I am glad that there is another instructor out there that is as advanced as CAthe. Sorry to hear about the fight with your hubby. I know that usually throws me in a funk too, especially when it doesn't get resolved right away. I will trade you my 3 little darlings for you hubby for a day. You would REALLY appreciate your hubby then(LOL)!

Wendi, Great job on getting in KPC. I have done that workout so much that I could do it in my sleep:)

Okay ladies, I am off to get ready for a playdate that my girls are having today. Have a great day!

Hi to Wendy and everyone elso who follows.

Susan

Hello Ladies.

I don't know where the day has gone but it's after 4pm and this is the first time I am checkin' in here!:eek: I've read but just never posted until now for some reason.

I did P90 Masters Sculpt 5-6 today using the band option and then followed it up with HSC abs. I'm toasty. }(

I spent about 2 hours messin' with my Ipod today. I went to upload my new ITreads I just got and also wanted to rearrange some things and take some stuff off since I had run out of room and some how I ended up deleting EVERYTHING off the darned thing and then it wouldn't let me put anything back on!!!! It took me quite some time to figure out how to get it done. I was getting very mad as you can well imagine! Thank goodness I got my work outs back on there!:) I am definately asking for a bigger player for Christmas though. I can't fit everything I have on mine now!:-(

GTG get DS up and then get dinner started. DH wants to eat asap once he gets home cause he's got to get some fast ZZZZ's and then it's back to work for him for midnight!:eek: He's gotta work through the night to take care of an emergency they are having. He'll get to come home in the morning though and then he's off until Friday. He's gonna be one tired boy come tmrw morning though!!!

I'll be back for personals later!

Wendi – Good for you to sneak home and get dry clothes! Good job on KPC as well. Glad your tooth is all fixed up! Your menu sounds heavenly. Can I come? :+

Susan – You Drill Sergeant Mom You! I love that idea. Hopefully they are very sore and will all get along tomorrow with the reminder. :p I’m not good at avoiding donuts either – which is probably why I don’t buy them any more. :+ I love Eoin’s dog – who is actually in all of the premixes, but just briefly. I love that little dog.

Wendy – How do you like P90 Masters? I’ve toyed with getting those. I’m glad you managed to tell your iPod who’s boss and get your workouts back on! I can’t fit everything on mine either.

Had a very pleasant lunch with DH this afternoon. We tried a new restaurant called the Merlion. The food was a blend of Malaysian, Thai and Indian, and very flavorful without being overpowering. I love finding little gems like that close by. So far it’s just been one of those really pleasant days – nothing too special, just some nice surprises through out. I love days like this. Hope everyone else has a day like this today or SOON! Au revoir mes amis!

Just a quick check-in. I'll need to catch up with personals in the AM.

I had a chiro adjustment this evening that has completely knocked me out. Sometimes it's like that - I could go right to sleep afterward. And so that's what I'm doin.' The bod says take a nap. So, yep, most likely it'll be a rest day. Why not? Have got plenty of time the remaining days of the week to git 'er done. :)

TTY in the AM, cheetah friends!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Hey Chatty bunch:)

Happy to report that I received my workouts today!!! Yeee Whooo!!! Im glad I waited to work out! I decided to do BC Premix UB and KB & Legs. What a great workout! I love the music in this series! Im so glad I finally broke down and bought it!!!!!:) :) DH is gone back to work and i am so tempted to do another workout but Im to lazy! hehe

Cathy** What workout did you do??? Are you following a rotation of any sort?? O.k...just reread...your not working out. Listen to your body, thats what I did this past weekend.

Shelly** You sound like you have a good plan. I was thinking about running out, getting some milk and maybe a few stocking stuffers and this is the perfect time to go. Not to many people are out and about after supper!

Judy** Your all prepared for the big meal? Feels nice to have everything done, doesn't it?

Lorie** There was so much going on in your post...I didn't know where the sentences ended or began! LOL I don't know who you are talking about but when you mentioned the abuce of babies my stomach turned. I don't think I need to know! I don't eat spicy food so throw that in with some spinach,lots of onions,salt and garlic....is a recipe for a upset stomach!

Kristi** I feel the same way when I workout before work. I don't see the point in doing it b/c all I do is eat, eat, eat! Its just as well to push my lazy butt through a workout in the evening. Hope your figure out what works for ya!

Christine** Yes, save your workout for the day that you are going to eat lots! Thats what i do...then I don't feel nearly as bad}( about overeating!!:9

Jackie** it wasn't fun having a bad belly thats forsure but ya never know, prehaps the weightloss will stick:)

Carole** Don't even get me started on the DH's!!!! I could have had a huge fight with him on Sat night but I didn't b/c we were going to a friends house and I didn't want to ruin the night. Hope your feeling better!

Wendi** good job on the workout today!!

Susan** Do you watch the biggest loser? I watched it last week at work and the challenge was to find the $5000 coin in a dounut...they looked soooo good. I don't think I could have resisted!

Wendy** Sometimes this highteck stuff can be a real pain in the backside. Glad you got it all figured out!

Alright, thats it from moi. Im not sure what to do now...its only 8:30 but to early to go to bed!! hehe

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.