::: CHEETAHS ::: Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs :) :) :)

Today will be GS Legs Timesaver + a run. Have the tiniest of DOMS leftover in the bis & tris from Sunday's PUB.

Christine :: I'm going to check out that link - thanks for sharing with us.

Amy :: You must be up early getting in another of your crack o' dawn workouts! :)

I think I'm all caught up with personals, so have a GREAT Tuesday. Will BBL.

Good morning my Cheetah pals:

WOW - what a busy day! The staff is back now and things are crazy :+

The fundraiser went OK, not nearly what I had planned for, but at least I didn't run out of food :9 They are still bringing in the orders and I had three messages on my phone when I got home from people that couldn't make it, but wanted to order. :)

It is extremely hot and humid here today! WOW!! YUCK!! I have another full day of work and DS has football practice. I am going to do a circuit workout to start getting ready for my classes starting in mid-September and then power walk while DS is at practice.

Laurie - I totally agree with you, the summer is definitely losing it's charm and I'm ready for the less humid and cooler days!

Gayle - I hope you had fun at the waterpark and the weather cooperated, too. ;-) Say, I was going to ask you, did you ever try the Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix that I sent you in your "thank you package" a while back? I'm just curious if you liked it or not. :9

I hope everyone has an awesome day and I hope to check back in again later.

Marcia.

Good morning. I'm up, waiting for my friend to bring her kids here (she's a teacher in another district and she started yesterday). When they get here, I'll be hitting the treadmill for an iTread, followed by CTX upper body split.

Marcia-I LOVED the truffle fudge brownie mix.....had to make it for a picnic at my house so I knew there would be OTHERS to eat it with me (instead of my sitting down with the whole pan and a fork alone, lol).

I've got to cut the grass later today too. YUCK!

BBL after my workout.

Hello Cheetahs! Remember me??? Finally got our computer issues solved & am back online!! I've been busy as the girls started back to school last week & are doing well!! It's just been Allison & I which has been pretty quiet! I started round 2 of P90X last week & am LOVING it this round. I'm rockin' it w/ the pushups & pullups. I did C & B y'day & had a total of 264 pushups & 13 full pullups!!!! I'm progressing MUCH faster this round & I know I'll see even better results this time!

I have some new pics if anyone wants to check them out.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?&p=999&uid=8948436&gid=16840032&&imgid=274851303&offset=0

You'll see we also got a dirt bike given to us by my sister. Greg is having a blast & the girls love riding it! (ok, me too!!
;-) )

Ran 3.25 miles this morning, walked .75, & 100 walking lunges. Just didn't have a lot of pep this morning, I think it was because I was lower in carb y'day. Need to make sure I get enough before the long run, I'm doing the portion plan of P90X this time to see if that gives me better results.

OK, enough babble. I can't even catch up w/ what's been going on, but I do see that there's going to be a LV get together! Wish I could join, but I definitely couldn't afford a trip right now! :-( Maybe one of these days, you could do a Chicago or St. Louis get together, that' w/in driving distance for me!

Have a great Tuesday!

Hi Cheetahs!!!

I’m tired! We had guests stop by at 8:45 last night without warning. We hadn’t seen them for a long time and I really enjoyed chatting with them, but I got to bed way too late! And I’m up at the crack of dawn (actually – well before the crack of dawn!). I’ll get in PS Back and Biceps – not sure about doing any cardio – my legs are TOAST after GS Legs Standing yesterday. For those of you who missed the post, go to www.worldwidehalf.com. I’ve created a Team Cathe that you can join if you’d like.

I hope DD18 gets settled soon. DH is so worried about her that he’s becoming a bear. Funny – DS23 needs more hand holding than DD18 who is really independent. I just feel bad for her because she wants to be part of campus life and is not having any luck.

I also have training classes for Jimmy the WonderMutt tonight. It’s from 8-9 (icky time) but it’s a really good training academy with great teachers. He’ll earn his Canine Good Citizen certification afterwards (at least that’s the plan – he’s another independent one!).

Cathy – thanks for signing up! I think it’s pretty cool! Enjoy your run!!

Marcia – Sorry the fundraiser was not quite what you expected! Good news about the orders though! Stay cool! I’m ready for fall, too. We’re having another heatwave, and I’m so tired of temps in the upper 90’s.

Gayle – I read your Thank You post to the RT’ers. How sweet!!! There are some very thoughtful and wonderfully kind women on these boards, aren’t there! Enjoy your workout this morning – sounds like a good one!

Jess – SOO good to see you again! Sounds like all is going well! Enjoy P90X round 2!

Hello to everyone else!

Hi Marcia, Gayle, and Jess (welcome back)!

Christine :: Sorry that DD couldn't get it worked out yet with the dorm. Fingers are crossed it won't take much longer.

LV GTGers :: Carole mentioned Circus Circus...I am also seeing similarly low rates for, uh, (can't believe I'm going to type this, but I am all about a bargain) the Hooters hotel. It is about a block off-strip but near the south end. Rooms are $69 per night. Would anyone consider this as an option?

*Edited to censor myself*

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...my eye seems worse today. Pretty swollen so I might head to the doctor though I am icing, taking antihistamines and doing what they say to do. Glad you found some dresses. Have fun with GS TS and a run.

Marcia...we have hot weather here , but not as humid as yours.

Gayle...enjoy your CTX and TM workout.

Jess...glad to hear your PC troubles are over. Sounds like your 2nd round of P90X is going very well!

Jackie..I have always liked watching movies like that...rarely get nightmares. Sounds like an interesting workout yesterday...:)

Wendy...I think those terminator climbers are really tough! Good job with BC! I did the upper body blast of SS and yes I did an iClimb for my EXT.

Christine...sounds like a cool thing , that site for a Cathe team. I will hold off as I am not sure if I have PF or not and don't want to be racing or doing a half real soon. I hope things work out soon for your DD18.

Today I will be doing PLB legs standing and I think an LIC premix for the lower body. I wanted to paint some but might head to the doctor for this blasted bug bite...

Have a great day...:)

Carole :: oh no! Sorry to hear it. A trip to the doc sounds like a good move.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Cathy---should I be afraid of the Hooters Hotel? LOL Not a bad price, though, so whatever the 'other' costs, it may be worth it! LOL

Carole---please take care of that eye. Keep us posted! What are you painting, by the way?

OK...workout is done. iTread 11 was awesome, and Grace gets right to the point in these 'less-than-an-hour' workouts. lol I logged 4.5 miles following the numbers between joggers and runners. Next time I do this one, I'm bumping up to the runner numbers! Then CTX upper body split. I love this weight workout and it always gives me DOMS the next day (can't WAIT :)

Time to clean up, just to get dirty and sweaty again in the yard. Yum! lol

Gayle

Good morning ladies! Sorry another quick post. Today will probably be a short 3 mile run. I'm feeling really lazy and tired for no reason at all.

Cathy & Gayle - The price sounds great! I finally found a map with Hooters listed on it. It is realitively close to Mandalay Bay, where the HM begins and ends. Currently, I'm still playing with the days I need to fly in. The best rates I have found is Sat-Tuesday, but for about $75 more I can fly in from Fri - Monday.

Good morning all:) Woke up a tad stiff and groggy today, had a very uneasy sleep with lots of interruptions. It'll be a 5-6 mile interval run for me today followed by ME.

Cathy- Congratulations on finally finding THE dress!!! I'm expecting to see a pic of this wedding now with you wearing that dress!!
Re: a hotel bargain... I have just the place in mind. A good friend of mine goes to Vegas quite a bit and usually stays at a place that is a block off the strip like the one you found. She likes it alot and I've seen pics of it and it's quite nice with a fabulous fitness center too. The price is around $70.00/night as I recall. The only problem is I can't remember the name of it now!But I'll see her tonight at work and ask.

Marcia- I saw on the news this morning that Minneapolis was again hit by severe storms and I thought of you. You've sure had more than your share of bad weather! But your spirit is up as usual!
Hope you have a great circuit workout.

Gayle- Great to see that you're getting to do your iTreads again!
Now for Mowmax!

Jess- Great to have you back:7 :7 :7 I figured you were gone still due to computer issues. You must have had quite a crash! Great job with the pullups!!

Christine- What a fantastic idea with the worldwide half!! I only wish the timing were a bit different. The weekend before this I'll be doing "Man Against Horse" where I run against my friend and her mule on the same course. The weekend after that I'll be heading down to Bisbee Az with some friends to do a 5k that inludes NINE
long staircases:eek:. Anyway, even I have my limits so it would be a tad hard for me to get a HM in the week between! But I think this idea is awesome!!!

Carole- OMG, that bug really got you didn't it!! I'm with Cathy in that I'd say a trip to the doc is warranted here.

Jackie- Are you feeling energized again after your lighter day yesterday?

Wendy- Yes, you are right about DH and shopping. He is into it much more than I am.... go figure! Great job with BC!!

Time to get this old bod into gear. I'll be starting a long stretch of work nights tonight.

ShellyC

I just remembered the name of the hotel my friend goes to in Vegas.
It is VERY nice and quite reasonably priced considering what you get.
Go to www.tuscanylv.com and check it out. It's called the Tuscany Suites. The price per night for that time of year for the double suite is $135.00 I see but I still think this is a bargain for such a nice place. And the rooms are BIG.

ShellyC

Another vote for summer to end! Bring on milder temperatures! This is about the 4th week of 90-100 temperatures for us. We have broke a lot of heat records this year.

Christine - I read about this race event last year. It is a wonderful idea. I wish I was up to the challenge, but I'm pushing it to be ready for a possible LV HM in December. Good luck getting DD into housing on campus. Hopefully everything will work out for you all soon.

Jess - Glad to see you back! I've missed reading your posts.

Carole - I'm so sorry to hear about your eye. I hope the doctor is able to give you something to help. That must be awful.

Cathy - I'm glad to hear you finally found some dresses you like.

Waves to all cheetahs!

Don't have much time this morning! I have to get some kind of workout done and also have a class at noon but it takes me about 40 minutes to get there. I'm trying to keep up on what the latest with the LV trip is since I want to make reservations as soon as I know for sure I won't be the only one there!! LOL!

Cathy, Are you leaning toward going now? Hooters!!!! What a hoot that would be!! LOL!!!

Jess, Your girls are getting so big!!!

I'll try to come back later and read the rest of what you all have posted today. Right now I need to take Rex outside.

Talk to you later.

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

I don't have to work until 2 today! So.........catch up time around home today!

Sorry so short here!

After my "step fall" yesterday - I am having some pains in my lower left calf/ankle. Hard to explain, but I definitely pulled something!

So today is rest day. Tomorrow I work 7-6 with the kids - but I plan to get up and do a 5AM run! We shall see!

Happy Tuesday all!

Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

Good morning everyone!

Kristi - Please keep me posted on how you like the new washer and dryer. I may be in the market for new ones within the next year. Cuts & Curves is by Gilad. He uses tubing and 3-10 pounds weights in this one.

Wendy - Glad you made it through Boot Camp. It has gotten easy to me too.

Cathy - I'm laughing at you saying Snakes on a Plane was funny. I'll bet that wasn't the effect the makers were going for. LOL! Did you put that trigger finger back in the holster? :)Glad you found some dresses. When is the cruise again?

Christine - I haven't heard about that particular HM but I've seen something similar from either Nike or Active. I have 10 mile races on Oct. 7 & Oct. 21. Hope the dorm situation is settled soon. Jimmy will have some fun tonight.

Amy - You are having some early mornings! Sorry for the ankle pain. Enjoy your rest day.

Marcia - Glad your fundraiser went well!

Gayle - Good job with the run. How long does it take to mow the grass?

Jess - Good to see you. Glad the 'puter issues are resolved. Great job with the push ups and pull ups! Always love your pics! The girls are just so adorable.

Carole - Sorry to hear your eye is swollen. That was a tough little bug. Hope it's better soon. Enjoy your workout.

Shelly - Sorry you didn't have a good night's sleep. Hope you can get a nap in there somewhere. Have a good run. The Man Against Horse race sounds really cool. Felt better today for my easy run.

I did an IFIT treadmill run. It has walking, running and some hills. It was an easy 4 miles for me. Finished up with the standing abs from BBC Shoulders and GBG stretch. I need to get in as much running as I can this week. I leave Friday morning for Chicago. I hope I can find a nice place to run but I don't know how many days I'll get in.

Have a great day!

Jackie

I was mistaken about the room charge for the Tuscany Suites, the first nite only is 135, the average for all nites (3) is 119.00/night.

Just finished my 6 mile interval run. Taking a breather before I tackle ME:7

ShellyC

Hey guys!

Jackie-how do you use your iFit workouts on your TM? I now have internet access in my basement, and the PC is very close to my TM. I was just thinking the other day that this may be an excellent time to try connecting my TM to the internet to experiment with the iFits. Any input?

Gayle

Good Morning Cheetahs.

Well, thanks to a late start and poor planning I missed my opportunity for a run today. I can't go tonight b/c my BF is coming over for her first training session!:+ My mom has bowed out but my friend says she is ready to do this! So anyway, now I must figure out what cardio to do instead of a run. Any suggestions? }(

Gayle...we are painting most of the inside of our house. It is just taking forever.

Shelly...yep I have an allergic reaction to the bite...:(...except for no bruising, I look like a boxer after the fight!! Sorry about your uneasy sleep. Good job on the 6 mile interval run and have fun with ME.

Kristi...The Doctor gave me a cortisone shot. So hopefully this swelling will got down today.

Jackie...so are you going to Chicago for business? Sounds like a fun iFIT workout.

Wendy...how advanced in cardio is your BF?

So I went to the Dr and he said YES I was having an allergic reaction to the bug bite...He gave me a cortisone shot of Celestone/Kenalog and I am hoping it reduces the swelling and itching...geeze....I got some calamine lotion too as this thing itches like crazy! I will have to do my workout later this afternoon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.