::Cheetahs Tuesday 11/28::

I'm surprised nobody started this yet !

(((Carole))) I am sorry about your MVA. Are you sore anywhere today?

Barb- OK I though my family was weird... but the dog food joke was...um not funny?! :eek:

Elaine- you are running another marathon again? Didn't you just run one? :) :)

Today is BM2 step and upper body and a tennis match. TTFN, have to get kids off to school.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good Morning Cheetahs.

Judy: I don't have to be in work until 9 this morning so I slept in...got up at 7! :7 It's amazing how drastically my idea of "sleeping in" has changed over the years..Wow, u/b work and tennis? Your u/b is gonna be flamin'! :)

Today is GSC&T after work. I may add a little extra cardio but I'll decide on that at the last minute.

I ended up doing AbRipperX last night. It was tough but I wasn't thrilled with it. I wasn't crazy about alot of the moves. Oh well. If I decide to keep the program I may sub in Cathe abs instead...

Okay, well my 2nd cup of java is done brewin' and my little boy is callin' for me so I'll be back later! :)

ETA: Ladies, just so you know...I posted personals kinda late last night.

Good morning all! I've been busy at work and didn't have time to post yesterdayx( It was a rest day for me anyway:eek: I caught up some with yesterdays happenings.

Hi Judy- I'm surprised you're the only one so far! Usually we have 4 or 5 early bird cheetahs posting by now! Hope you have a smashing tennis match today! I'm amazed you can do this AND BM2!

Wendy- I'm so glad your knee is better. I was afraid we were going to have another cheetah on the disabled list! Your iTread workout sounds terrific...I think I'll check it out.

Christine- Absolutely FANTASTIC news about your check up and not needing a biopsy!!!!! Now you can relax and get on with life:)

Mattea- Hey there!!! Always a treat when you post! The cardio workouts in p90x aren't that impressive (except for plyox). I guess you haven't gotten into any of the weight workouts yet! They are killers, especially the chest and back.

Barb- Glad to have you back and still sane! You do have some "interesting" in-laws!

Carole- There's nothing like a car accident to totally ruin your week x( x( x( Thank god you are apparently uninjured! How are you feeling today! Even without injuries it is still such a hassle to deal with. I'm glad the other driver was insured!

Elaine- I can't believe you are doing another marathon so soon! You must be made of steel!

Today, after my sleep I'll hopefully be able to get in a workout...
probably drillmax, my favorite of the new workouts!

Hi LD, SunnyD, Susan, Laurie, and all the rest of you fabulous gals!

Later y'all

ShellyC

Hi Cheetahs
A happy Tuesday to all!

Judy—Have a fun workout – it sounds hard. Good luck on the tennis match.

Shelly-Hi Cheetah! Good luck with Drill max. I haven’t done this workout yet, but look forward to it. I think I’m procrastinating. I love the iTrains. They took some time for me to get used to, but I really enjoy them.

Wendy-I know what you mean about the sleeping in getting earlier and earlier. I might have the iTread you have – maybe it’s #5? Good luck with GS C& T today. That workout ills me. UB is not my strong suit. The pace of ab ripper is too fast for this old Cheetah.

Elaine--I pick up my official orthotics today--I've been using temporary inserts, but the real deals are ready today. I hope they feel right.

Mattea--how was your TG celebration? What P90s are you doing?

Carole--how are you feeling post accident yesterday? I hope you're ok.

Christine--fingers crossed for good new today and/or Wed. for test results for thyroid.

Today I did the AW work on B&G and the regular abs, then an easy-paced 4-mile run. It was a good way to start the day.

Hi to everyone checking in later. GTG
-Barb

Good morning cheetahs

Judy...I woke up pain free! Tough workout for you today!!

Wendy...the 1st few times you do AbRipper you feel it more in your hip flexors, but the more you do and get the moves down you will find it very effective.

Shelly...yes it really is just a hassle getting my car to a shop, rental car etc. I know it could have been so much worse. I am feeling fine today!

Barb...I am feeling good this morning. Just a bit crampy from TTOM. Sounds like you had a nice workout already!

I did go in to see my nephew again yesterday afternoon. I had already gotten an adjustment right before the accident! He was just concerned and took some X-rays to be sure my neck was okay. I did need further adjustments. I don't have any pain today which I had figured. I am planning on a 5 mile run and then before work I need to get my car into a shop and get my rental...just a hassle...:(

I'll go catch up on personals....

Back for a few more personals...

Mattea...HI!...I ended up not doing any workout yesterday due to my accident. You did good with your workouts during the holiday weekend. I was never a fan of KenpoX and usually subbed one of Cathe's kickbox workouts. A new kitty sounds fun....

Runnergirl..I bet it was nice to have your house empty! Enjoy DM. I will say after a few GPS watches the Garmin really is the best and worth the extra money if you can swing it. Check out this site for the best prices: www.heartratemonitorsusa.com

Laura...that was terrible about your step sisters son and the stolen money!!

Judy..I did have a long Sunday run....in the RAIN!!! 12.1 miles.

Elaine...you know during the tapers I sometime had those bad eating days...you will get back on track, don't beat yourself up...:)..my DH did go to work yesterday but after the accident in the morning I spent most of the day on the phone.

Christine....I wonder if you will have DOMS today??? Great news about the biopsy!!!

Barb...wow, that is some family. Dog food for appetizers???? OMG....funny about your DH and the plant watering...:)...:)...I like AMy's burritos!! The Chevy was a big one! I drive a small SUV so it crunched in the back of my car!

Good Morning Lovely Cheetahs!

I’m lazy this morning- it’s cold here today (well, cold for CA). So, I’m going to laze about the house and enjoy getting ready slowly for once, instead of the mad rush I’m usually in. Thank you so much for the support of the biopsy yesterday. I was certainly very happy when I heard that!

Elaine - THIS weekend?! Where? Oh my, I have to get my good luck charms down again so I can rub them! How exciting. I thought you were training for Boston! You’re a crazy Cheetah, ya know? *grins*

Judy - Have fun with BM2 and tennis! Sounds like fun.

Wendy - when I did P90X I subbed Cathe for Ab RipperX often. I just could not bring myself to do Ab Ripper more than once a week. I hated the dread factor for those darned Fifer Scissors! Besides, I think Cathe’s ab workouts are more well rounded.

Shelly - I’m stoked! One to go, and hopefully all will be well so I’ll have no excuses any more! Drill Max is a fun one! Enjoy!

Barb - I love the iTrains, too! Just need to get my butt to the gym more often! Sounds like you got in a great workout! Your SIL sounds like a real trip! Dog food… Well, good thing you’re vegan - you don’t do dog food… :p Amazing…

Carole - Glad to hear you weren’t hurt in the accident. Glad your nephew was insistent that you get x-rays and such - you never know - and it’s much better safe than sorry! You are Super Cheetah - running with cramps? I always feel as if I’m carrying around a 20 pound medicine ball TTOM! My hero… And yes, I have DOMS. More from doing GS CT and GS BSB timesavers back-to-back. I was getting the mammogram yesterday and as it was a compression mammogram, it was rather tight, but it felt nothing like the DOMS in my pecs, so it didn’t bother me at all! I’ll have to do that one again soon! I am sore pretty much all over - from that and B&G, which is why I decided to rest today.

Good morning ladies,
I am in a hurry this morning. I am off to the massage therapist and I think I will do a 4 mile run and some leg work. I will be back later.

Susan

Good Afternoon Cheetahs!

Judy-I hope you aren't playing anyone too challenging in tennis after BM2!

Wendy-Yeah, AbRipperX (as Christine said yesterday) seems mostly about the hip flexors and the abs are secondary. I ended up pretty sore in the hf and mad that it interferred with my rotation. Barb really recommends the Core Synergistics vid which I haven't done yet, but will soon.

Shelly- :) Yes, Plyo was the only one sort of challenging, but there are too many breaks for it to be that intense. Kind of fun to jump around though, and feel tougher than Tony. No weight work yet, next month, but I'm starting to practice my pull-ups now :7 I love DM too, as I find almost every segment "just right", not too hard but hard enough.

Barb-TG was a hoot, but nothing compared to yours! Love the story about your DH:7 LMAO! No new P90's yet, but I'm thinking of doing the Yoga soon, any advice or warnings?

Carole-I was so sorry to hear about your accident yesterday!!:-( I'm glad you aren't feeling any ill physical after effects. Look on the bright side, rental cars can be kind of fun if you get the right one. I'm thinking something red and sporty;-)

Christine!! Giant hugs and smiles of relief!! I'm so happy to hear that everything went so well yesterday. You're right on about Ab Ripper, DH had sore hf for 3 days after he did that one. I hope you enjoyed your lazy morning:7

Susan-Hi and bye!!:D

Hi Jess, Elaine, LD, Laura and to anyone else who shows up later!

Yesterday I ended up doing Aquajock's "Veinmaker"** (**guaranteed to produce some serious DOMS}( ) and today was Cardio Fusion.

The new kitten ended up being and 8 month old little tabby kitty named Betty. She is a super lover and as soft as a bunny! There are some pics on my picturetrail.

Later Cheetahs!
Mattea

She's actually under my computer chair as I'm typing this :p And trying to get my feet of course.

Hey Cheetahs!
Feeling Blah today. I think it's too quiet around here with DH gone. I am so used to having him here all the time now that he is working from home. Anyway, I just got off the TM after a very unproductive w/out. I was not into it at all. I should've taken a rest day I guess but I'll just consider this one. I mean when you are singing along with your ipod as loud as possible I don't think you are getting the old heart rate up much! LOL. I bet my neighbors could hear me! LOL. Anyway, hope everyone has a good day!

Judy, you make me feel like a slob with my w/out. LOL. I hope you enjoyed your w/outs. Do you play tennis inside?

Wendy, I hear ya about the sleeping in. When I was in college sleeping in was 11 or 12. Now 8 is really late for me! My DH and I also laugh about how early we go to bed!

Shelly, Ok what is this Itread? or however it is spelled. That doesn't look right. Enjoy DM. I likt that one too especially when I am done! Listen to me. I am so lazy today.

Barb, It sounds like you had a good w/out.

Carole, Glad to hear that you are ok and not sore. Enjoy the run!

Christine, Enjoy your day. Did you w/out today or was it a rest day for you? You did a hard w/out yesterday didn't you? I am gonna try the leg blast premix tomorrow I hope.

Susan, Enjoy your massage.

Mattea, Your kitten sounds cute.Sounds like you had a good w/out!

LD

Hey girls.

I just finished GSC&T and my arms are shaking!}( I upped my weights on 3 of the exercises and OMG! I was cryin' for my mommy! I hope I can pick Joey up in the morning!:eek: :7

Shelly: So have you actually completed a full P90X rotation yet?

Barb: AbRipperX IS very fast paced for the exercises that are done. I think that is part of my problem with it.

Carole: Glad you checked out fine from your accident. I will give AbRipper a chance. I knowI have Cathe to turn to if I get frustrated. LOL

Christine: So what COLD temps did you endure this morning? This I gotta hear!:p

Susan: So what leg work did you do today? How was your massage?

Mattea: Are you doing a P90X rotation right now? If so, which one?

LD: You may not have gotten the best work out today, but atleast you had fun, right? :+

Well I'm about done with my apple so it's off to the showers with me! I keep forgetting that I am supposed to be going to my inlaws for dinner tonight so I'm supposed to leave here in about 80 mins and I'm acting like I have nothing to do this afternoon!:eek:

I'll be back later tonight most likely.

Ciao Bellas!:+

Hey Ladies!

Busy at work today! YEAH! I’m stoked! Feel like I’m doing something for the company – that’s good. And I’ve been getting exercise running around the building – not quite the same, but…

Susan – enjoy your massage! I’m jealous!

Mattea – THANKS! As Shelly said - it's always a pleasure when you post! Yes, one big relief. And so far so good on the thyroid – I’m assuming I’d get a priority call if there were anything wrong, and so far, nada! That’s good. I like Core Synergistics as well – it’s a great workout! Functional fitness at it’s best! Love your kitten! And your older kitty! They’re so cute! I miss my kitties.

Wendy - *sighs* Oh you East Coasters think you have the scoop when it comes to cold weather! It was down to 29 this morning here, which is pretty bloody cold for the Bay area. Not to mention my DH likes to sleep with the window open so it was really cold in our bedroom. Thank heavens he’s like a mini-heater. And I did hear on the news that Edmonton, Canada was -24 degrees. My first thought was – Holy Cow I’m glad I don’t live there – as I snuggled under the couch throws this morning!!

Hello cheetahs,

Just got back from kohl's. I am still finishing up my xmas shopping. I had a massage today and I tell ya when she goes in and seperates my glute muscles, I about go through the ceiling. I am so tight on my left glute muscle. It is from the sciatica. It felt good though, the massage.

I ended up running 4 miles and doing the lying leg work of butts and gutts and did some abs as well. The run was okay. I can only run about 6.3 mph while my sciatica is like this. I was so glad to run though. I am going to start doing cardio every other day to see if that will help with my recent knee issures and sciatica. The step is so much harder on my knees than running is.

Where is everyone today?

Judy, you have a busy workout day today. Have fun!

Wendy, good job on your upper body. I was not thrilled with the ab workout in p90 x either. Good for you for going to gs workouts. I need to mix it up a little. I have been doing mostly endurance workouts. What do you think of the Jari 1000. I have it but have not tried it yet.

Shelly, I LOVE drill max. It is so fun and I feel completely worked out afterwards.

Barb, sounds like you had a feel good workout today. I am learning that those are very important.

Carole, I am glad that you were not injured in the car accident. What a bummer that you have to get a rental. I hate doing that stuff. When will you get your car back?

Christine, you are not kidding about it being cold this morning. I could not get out of bed much less get my kids out. At least the sun is shining. Yes, I did enjoy my massage. I find it necessary right now with all my recent ailments.

Mattea, nice to see a post from you:) What is this mish mosh you did yesterday. Please share the DOMS! I love Cardio fusion. Such a fun one. Oh, and such a sweet little kitty. I love kittens.

Runnergirl, I have days like that too, where you finish working out and feel like you have done nothing worthwhile. I guess that is why we need the rest days.

hello to all of the other cheetahs! I am off to go get my girls. Have a great night!

Susan

Good afternoon! I'm checking in late today. I ran 4 miles this morning in very cold conditions! (LOL Wendy, it was in the high 40s and windy!) Then did some extended stretching. (I love to stretch because it feels so good but unfortunately, it is the first thing that gets tossed out the window when I am in a hurry.) After that I had some errands to run and still have a few more things to do yet.

Judy, I ran a marathon 8 weeks ago.....well, it will be 8 weeks on Saturday. So, who do you play tennis with? Do you play regularly?

Wendy, AbRipperX is fast paced. I keep my remote near so I can pause between some of the exercises. I like it though and do get a good ab workout as well as hip flexors. My guess is that Tony considers HFs as part of the core. I've never done CoreSynergistics but really should pull out my P90X stuff and perhaps try a rotation again. But first I want to do my Jari Love Ripped workouts!!! Yes, your enabling caused me to buy Slim and Lean so it's sitting on my shelf beside RTTC and all of Cathes waiting for me to be ready.

Carole, OK. I'll relax about the bad eating but it was pretty bad! For about three days straight. I'm back on track though and it's amazing how much better I feel after two days of clean eating. I picked up some Sharkies today. Of course I don't think it would be a good idea to experiment with them this weekend but I'll give them a try my next long run. I'm glad that you checked out OK after your accident yesterday.

Christine, Yes, please get those good luck charms down for me! I must say I'm feeling apprehensive about the inevitable pain that occurs toward the end! So, tell me, I know you gotta know, what is the difference between Thai and Indian curry paste? Are they interchangeable? And I'm happy that you are happy about being busy!

Mattea, Cute kitten! And I took a look at your house pictures on your pic trail. I just love it! I love older houses with their unique charm.

Susan, I hope you enjoyed your massage.

LD, You can just consider today an active rest day. We all need those from time to time!

Barb, I have not yet put my orthotics to use. I'm half afraid they'll cause an injury! Crazy, I know!

Gotta go run some more errands!! Talk to you all later!

Susan - Glad you're taking care of yourself! You seem to be doing well with your efforts. You know, I think the same - I don't usually get knee injuries running, but give me a torquey step tape and hello!

Elaine - I'm collecting them now! You still haven't said which one your running! You're amazing - is this going to be a marathon every 8 weeks? And yes, I do know what you mean about the pain afterwards. I think it's interesting when you do an endurance sport. I think you're actually braver going in the second (third, fourth...) time because you know what you're up against. You know the results of your actions and you're not on the same adreneline high of a new goal being conquered. You're one brave lady! Thai and Indian curry? I can answer that when I get home, but the spices are a bit different. Although, seriously, unless you're trying to go authentic, authentic, using one over the other would not make that big of a difference, but do go with more of a yellow Thai curry paste - it would be more similar. Oh darn it! Now I'm craving curry...

hello,

thank god your alright carole!! I got whip lash from getting rear ended before. not a pleasant experience.

wendy my legs bothered me more with ab ripper than my abs did. carole had said that it eventually doesnt bother the legs or hips as much after a while. I sure hope she is right. I havent started a rotation or anything yet. I have been eating like a pig lately and cant seem to get out of this rut. I was doing so good for a month or so and down the toilet my eating habits went.
I only ran 10minutes on the stairs at lunch time today but it was better than nothing. I will have bootcamp class in the morning 6a.m. My boys just started bitty wrestling tonight. they will meet on tues/thurs until like january so I will have to figure a way to squeeze in workouts on those days.

talk with everyone later!

Hello cheetahs,
Okay, I have opened a bag of peanut m and m's and I CAN"T STOP EATING THEM!!!!!! I was doing so well since Sunday. Why on earth do I do this to myself????? Oh well, I just had to vent. I think I am doing it because I am trapped in the house with 3 crazy kids that have WAY too much energy(LOL)!!

Okay, I moving away from the bag and I am going to put them away and have some mint tea.

Susan

Christine, I have Vegan Planet too but I have not tried any recipes yet. So, I was looking at it the other day thinking I should make something....don't remember what it was. I think it calls for Indian curry. All I know about curry is that I have some red Thai curry paste that is very spicy. I have only used it in a recipe that I got from Vegetables Everyday cookbook. Then there is curry powder that I have used in a chicken salad recipe and a curried meatballs recipe. I am just generally clueless about curry not knowing much more than the fact that I love it! I assume that you are not so clueless and am hoping you can get me up to speed!

Susan, Peanut M&Ms are soooo good but I always feel extra crappy when I eat them. For that reason it is easy for me to stay away from them even though we always have a stash in the house. DH mixes them with his popcorn so they are here for those times he takes the kids to see a movie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.