:::: CHEETAHS :::: Tuesday, 1/16

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs :)

Today will be a run for me after school. Plan B if it rains.

Susan :: woohoo on the elliptical! That's a good hubby you got there! :) :) :)

Have a great day, everyone! I'll be back later.

Cathy :)

ETA: Any cheetah returning from a few days' hiatus, please check out the t-shirt polls in the check-in area. :) We're having cheetah shirts made!

Good morning Cheetahs:

Cathy: Thanks for all your hard work on these t-shirts, they are going to be great.

I had step class last night and we worked hard. I started a routine and totally screwed it up, so I blamed it on a "vacation brain" :7
But, they were all happy to see me and we all had a great time sweatin' together.

Tonight and tomorrow night I have Tastefully Simple parties to do, so I will have to do something in the morning or do some extra walking at lunch or something.

So much for easing myself back into reality. :)

Have a great day everyone, be back soon!
Marcia. :+

Morning girlies!:+

Cathy: Yes, thank you soooo much for all of your work on the shirts! This is going to be sooooo cool!:) I hope you can get your run in. There has been so much rain lately...I just wish it would stop!!!

Marcia: There is never enough time to ease back into reality. It hits you over the head like a brick, doesn't it!? LOL Hope TS is going well for you. Are you enjoying it?

Today I have plyo on tap but I may trade it up for a run on the TM after work. I am craving a run...it's been too long. :-(

No noticable DOMS from y'day's work out but I have learned to give it time! If not today, I am sure by tmrw I will be feelin' it!}(

Morning Ladies :)

Cathy- I hope you acan stick with plan A today.

Marcia- The step class sounds fun and laughing is great for those abs! I had forgotten that you had a Tastefully Simple Party business. I hope itisgoing well. Thedried tomato pest wasa favorite of mine.

Today is steady state elliptical 30", tennis and some upper body (not sure what yet, probably a short one) I didn't get the yoga in yesterday but I did do LIC ab/core section. My legs/ glutes are still sore. Perhaps sprinting really takes it-out-a-me!

ETA~ Hi Wendy, I missed your post while I was writing mine!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Wendy/Judy: Yes, I'm loving the TS business!! I just wish I had a little more time to do it and have an office to organize everything. Right now, DH and I share a small office and I need more space to see what samples and supplies I have so I don't run out. I need to be on that show "Neat" on FitTV :7 she could come up with some space saving ideas.

Have a great day!
Marcia.

hello,
Had bootcamp class lastnight. My class is getting bigger. I had 14 people and still had 5 that where missing in action, so when they come back I will have almost 20. a girl that hasnt been to mon/wed nights class said wow your class is get big. It will probably die down though after feb. everyone has there new years resolution to lose wt right now. also in the spring/summer it gets smaller ,peoplea re doing more outside.

cathy-the t-shirts are cute!

off to work I go!have a nice day!

Hi to all Cheetahs!

Quick check in this morning - I'm running late... I have B&G Leg Press Premix on tap for this morning (Cathy, I'll feel your pain soon! LOL) plus some sort of kickboxing - depending on how the legs feel after the torture session!

Good morning cheetahs

CONGRATS SHELLY!!! I knew you would finish with a smile. For a first marathon your time was great. I know how you can feel disappointed about wanting to be a bit faster, but there are so many things that come into play here. And a stress fracture!...YEOW! I hope it clears up soon. Now though you know what it takes...and after you heal up...watch out!! Yes my sister got sick and we just decided not to try and find a replacement that late in the game! I am going to train for a local 10 miler here in March.

Cathy..I am so glad you decided to join! Now I have to visit so I can go too...:)...the color on the shirts really does not matter to me. I will say though that some of the black running shirts I have do seem to fade a bit over time, but those were not the new dri release. Hope the weather holds out for a run..:)

Wendy...I think you will get used to the chair for the pull-ups...it just takes awhile...I think you could sub a run for PlyoX.

Susan...what an awesome DH!!! I checked out your Elliptical, it looks so cool! You will love it in your house!!

Christine...I don't believe the 305 tracks altitude. It does elevation and many other things that interest me. Have fun with the torturous premix of B&G!

Marcia...reality can sneak back in...:)...have fun at your TS party.

Judy...enjoy your Elliptical and upper body workout.

Laura..that is great how the class has grown!

Karen...enjoy your tempo run.

I am doing 40-60 min on my Elliptical before my 8:30 massage! Then I think I will tackle PLB this afternoon.

Have a great day..:)

G'morning cheetahs! We finally have snow again!! The girls were so excited. It's just a light dusting but they love the snow! Kiersten is home sick, but she is feeling a lot better. I think we caught it early enough & got her on the antibiotic so she'll recover fast. So far everyone else is ok *knock on wood*. We've never had a winter of sickness like this!!! I guess it's because it's her first year in full time school?? Hannah doesn't seem to catch as much as she does anyway.

Well, I did make it to spin class last night. I was nervous just because it was my first class there. I got there early & good thing because it filled up quickly & 4 other people wanted to join in but there were no more bikes. Anyway, it was fun. I wouldn't say it was the best workout ever, but it was a nice change of pace. A few people were just dying though & taking breaks often. I think it will definitely depend on the instructor, she was ok but definitely didn't push us too hard.

I'm going to do some sort of cardio, I think I'll try out CF today & do GS triceps. I just did chest y'day. I was going to go to the gym while my dd was at preschool but since my dd is sick I had to figure out a new plan! Be flexible, that's my motto!!

OK, better get moving. Allison has preschool so Kiersten & I will run to the store for a few things.

Have a great Tuesday! :)

Shelly ~~~~ Yeah on finishing the marathon!!!! You sound soooo much like my first marathon experience. A bit disappointed but happy to finish. You still did great. I can totally relate to the not being able to run as fast as you'd like but you still had a great finish!!! (BTW, my 2 running buddies finished right around 4:52 w/ injuries also!!) How great that you were still smiling too!! I think I was more bummed that I started out feeling great & hit that point at around mile 17 where I wasn't sure if I could continue & then knew there was no way I was going to hit my goal time (which was around 4:15, I finished in 4:33).

Do you have any pics to share??? I'd love to see them!

Take it easy & let your body heal. Take care of yourself.

Susan ~ Your dh is so sweet!! (I can attest to that since I actually met him!) How great that you're getting your own elliptical! That's one thing I'm excited about the gym for, I can try out an elliptical finally!! Let us know when you get it & how you like it!!

Hi all. I am going to start a thread about the upcoming events we have lined up for 2007. This way when we update what we are doing we can bump it back to the top. Also we can root each other on for upcoming events and scan to see who is out the running the same day we are. It well be titled Cheetah Races for 2007
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning all! Still alive and smiling:) For anyone who missed it I did post a report on my marathon on yesterdays check in, but it was in the afternoon so some of you may have missed it.

Cathy- Thank you again for your work on the T-shirts. You are sure one helluvan organizer!!! Hope you can get in your run today.

Susan- Wow wonderful that your DH got you a nice Elliptical!!! I think you will find it invaluable to you in keeping your sciatica at bay while still getting in great cardio workouts. And all in the comfort of your own home now!

Marcia- Sounds like you had a fun return to your step class at least :) I remember when you started up your TS business you weren't too sure how it would go. It sounds like its going strong for you!!! Congratulations, and BTW I forgot to post yesterday...
welcome back!

Wendy- You're really getting into the p90x aren't you? I think by all means you should substitute or add a run when you can. Do what feels right! The rotation is a bit light in the cardio aspect anyway. I scanned your postings from yesterday and I'm glad to hear that Joey is still doing well.

Judy- Are you still able to play tennis this time of year??? You're one serious player :eek: Have a great elliptical workout1

Laura- sounds like your BC class is really going full guns! I bet you'll get alot more people sticking with you than you imagine!

Karen- Thank you again for your kind words last night. Your racing update is a great idea!! It is hard to remember who is doing what.
Well, the shape I'm in now I can't think about racing for a while :-( Hopefully I'll recover enough in time for a very popular local race here in May- I'll be doing a Half marathon or a 10k depending on my condition.

Christine- Thank you for your kind supporting words yesterday! Hope
your leg torture session goes well for you!}(

Carole- Thank you also for your encouragement. It means the world to me:) 10 miles is a fun distance to race! One of my dream races to do some day is the Army 10-miler. (I come from an army family)
Sounds like another typical killer workout day for you!

Jess- Thanks for your support!!! I would have been pretty happy if the pain had held off til mile 17. Unfortunately in my case it was with me pretty much from the start:( Ah well.... I know I CAN do it now and that's whats important right? That's great news that you've joined the Y!!! You'll be able to get in awesome shape now for your triathlon!!! GO JESS:7 Have fun with CF today... you'll like that one}( BTW I will post some pics as soon as they're available. I had no one there with me so I'll have to buy some from the offical photographers.

Okay, for today I'm ready to get back into it..... sort of;-) Yesterday evening I did most of GS CT and today will be GS BSB and a little stationary cycling. Tonight it's back to work! I'll be moving a little slow between the ICU units tonight.... hopefully there won't be many emergencies!

shellyC

Elaine- If you check in today and read this I posted a note to you yesterday!

Hey Ladies, I had a great workout this morning, I did the LIC/lower body circuit and HSTA cardio and lower body. It hit the right spots but is not enough to counter the grazing and snacking that occurred late into the night yesterday. I'm doing the on-line dating thing but am annoyed because it's going to cut into my Cathe time:( Computer time is such a different realm, I lose track of time with it so easily.

Cathy, I'm not sure if I can get a t-shirt, not sure what mailing or exchange might cost. I am interested and appreciate the time and effort you've put into it. Our skies here are clear and blue, hope it stays that way where you are and you can get your run in! If you and your girlfriends are skiing somewhere close to me, you let me know, I'd love to meet a cheetah, (hey that's a rhyme!):)

Marcia, LOL at vacation brain! I don't know what a Tastefully Simple party is but it sounds delish~!!

Wendy, have fun 'plyo-ing', sounds HARD!

Judy, sounds like a good mix, enjoy!!

Laura, good job on the class attendance, I always loved teaching to a full house!

Hi Karen:)

Christine, hope you survived the torture, HURTS SO GOOOOOOOD!! }(

Carole, hope you enjoy your massage, I know you will, once you find the right therapist there's no such thing as a bad massage!:)

Jess, enjoy CF, a generous forum member is sending me their copy as they will never use it so I'm really looking forward to getting it. I love all of the new step choreography, it'll be fun to see how it's mixed.

Shelly, congrats on your marathon, what an amazing accomplishment!! Finishing with a smile could only make it sweeter!

Hope all of you determined and inspiring Cheetahs have a terrific Tuesday!!

Take Care
Laurie

hello ladies,

had no time to post in this forum but i did put my t-shirt votes in, lol. i didn't have time to fit in a workout yesterday but today i am hoping for no clients this evening so i can go to the gym to actually workout, lol. yesterday i met the regional GM and he said he's been hearing great things about me. yippeeeee!!

cathy- you are doing an awesome jobs. thanks so much for all of your hard work.

shelly-YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! congratulations!!!:) i knew you would finish. you are our very own cheetah She-ro. lol

elaine- sending you all the very best wishes (((((hugs))))). much love to you and your family.

marcia- what part of mexico did you go and would you recommend the location?

kristi- how is ds doing?

wendy- you are ripping P90x and to think you were scared...
:D }(

sorry can't post to everyone..i snuck in a couple of minutes.

have a great day everyone:D

ETA:: when i finished typing this post, i checked my email and they put someone in my book tonight....ARGHHH. i have got to find a part time job soon....ttyl

Hey Cheetah Girlies!:7

Well I opted for that run instead of Plyo...a 3 miler. Felt good but tougher than it should have been. I can already feel the slip in my endurance since I haven't really run in 2 weeks! I HAVE to keep up with my running somehow during the X! If I have to sub out both X cardios for running then I will and my class will be the one addition. I don't want to add too much cardio to it so that will likely be what could happen. I don't really mind though. It's the weight work in the program that I am excited about anyway and if I miss a run I always have X cardio to fall back on!:)

Personals...

Judy: Your work outs always pack alot into a neat little pkg. You are very good at time mgmt! I envy you!

Marcia: I'm glad you are enjoying TS. I was a partylite candle consultant for about 6 months. I was working f/t as well and it just ended up being too much for me. I would consider going back into it now that I'm not working f/t if the "hours" didn't create scheduling problems...lots of nights and weekends doing that stuff.

Laura: I am glad to hear that your class is such a success!

Karen: Hope you enjoyed your run. How was the appt for DD? Joey's doc visit went fine...just a flu shot. He's got an appt w/the neurologist tmrw as a follow up to the hospital stay. Hoping that goes well too. I have no reason to believe that it won't though!:)

Christine: B&G Leg Press premix???? Don't you mean L&G??? LOL

Carole: Enjoy that massage!!!!NICE! I'm jealous!}(

Jess: Glad you are enjoying the snow and I'm happy that you liked the spin class!

Shelley: HUGS AND CONGRATS on your marathon!!!! I am sorry I didn't get to post to you y'day but I was thinkin' of you!!!! I am sooo happy for you! Glad you finished upright and smiling! ^5's!!!!!:+ Yes, btw, I am LOVING P90X!}( It's makin' me feel all MANLY!:p

Laurie: Great work out this morning! So when did you start the online dating thing? What site(s) did you sign up with?

Sunny: I hope you find a p/t job soon hon!

Shelly...I am so glad you are alive and smiling today! I like 10 miles too, I was checking my time for the 5 years ago I did this one last...OMG...have I gotten slow!!! Good to get in those upper body workouts. I hope work is slow for you tonight.

Laurie...like your new avatar..:)..sounds like a great lower body workout for you. Good luck with the online dating. I know the feeling, when I start researching something here...it takes forever. Yes, my massage therapist is the best and the massage was just what I needed.

Sunny...how nice the regional GM is hearing good things about you...:)

Wendy...the massage was awesome and I so needed it. Glad you got in the run. When I did P90X I did the Doubles rotation and subbed running for CardioX.

So the massage went very well. And the knee tweak....I had thought it could be this but was refusing to believe it...IT band...YUK!!! Although she worked on it and it feels great now....so icing for me, stretching and keeping my runs to 3 days a week....

Hey All!

I’m back – busy, busy morning! Wow! It’s all good though! I did the Leg BLAST premix from B&G (blast/press – it’s all good torture). Then I lowered my step (usually do 8” but today my legs could only handle 6”) and did Kelly Coffey-Meyers Step Boxing – it was more fun this time because I’m getting more familiar with her moves. It’s a fun one. Traffic was HORRENDOUS! It took my 50 minutes to go 5 miles. I had a meeting at 9AM and strolled (actually – dashed) into the office to find out that the meeting has been cancelled. Then one of the girls I work with and I are going out for Indian food for lunch. Just what I need! NOT! Oh well, I think I can be good.

Oh, and I got confirmation that a group of ladies are going to try for the half marathon with me. That will be fun – and quite an accomplishment for them if they can do it (One I KNOW can, the others – well, it’ll be a challenge to keep them motivated). Need to find a fun 5k as a starter race to get them hooked!

So now I have a few minutes for personals –

Cathy – Hope you get in your run! Neither of my DD’s wanted to go back to school today.

Marcia – My step instructor has messed up, too – totally forgotten a whole section she meant to do! It’s all good as long as we sweat! Glad you had fun. Good luck on the parties tonight! Hope you sell lots!! I could use that neat chic to come in and help me organize as well! Maybe we can rent her out and share her?! :+

Wendy – I think you should do a run THEN PlyoX! Then try to walk… :p Enjoy your latent DOMS!

Judy – Sprinting does do big things! Enjoy your elliptical and tennis today!

Laura – Glad to hear your class is growing! You must be really, really good! Do you have the option of taking your class outside in the summer? That might keep ‘em. But, it may be that you work ‘em harder than they would work themselves, so they know they need you!

Karen – enjoy your tempo run! Good luck at the orthodontists!

Carole – it does do elevation? As long as I know how much I climbed, I’m happy – I don’t need to know the exact altitude. (Although it would be nice for the big mountains – if I EVER get up one again). Glad the massage went well – but I’m so sorry to hear you’re having IT Band issues!!! I hate those issues. Good luck in healing quickly!

Jess – oh, if she didn’t push you too hard, you had a nice easy class! Some of the instructors I’ve had will stand in front of you and say, “PEDAL FASTER!!” There are some really tough instructors out there. But, sounds like you had a good introduction. I will admit that I find spinning can be boring if the right person is not leading the class. Glad to hear Kirstein is feeling better!

Shelly – You’re moving right along! GS C&T yesterday and BSB today PLUS a bit of cycling, then work?! YOU DA WOMAN!!! I’ll be thinking of you shuffling between patients tonight… :+

Laurie – that’s a kick a$$ workout – literally!! Way to go!! I think you did the Leg Press Blast today – not me! :p Sorry to hear it’s so frustrating for you right now. I’m with you on the snacking, and I don’t even have your excuse! We’re rooting for ya sweetie!

Sunny – Oh, how wonderful the GM told you that he’s been hearing great things about you!!! Good luck on getting your workout in! How’s the job hunt coming along?

TTFN - have a fab day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.