::: CHEETAHS ::: Tues., 9/19

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs!

Just getting us started. After my haircut appointment this afternoon, I thinking ME. Not sure yet but definitely just weights tonight.

Enjoy your day/workouts~
Cathy :)

PS...Susan, congrats on the 1st in age group finish!! WOWOWOW!!!

And Christine, congrats on being given the offer. And so quickly! Sounds like you're gonna take it!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy, Okay, we can shoot for something in November...so long as it's not cold enough for me to wuss out!:p :7 :7 :7 Have fun with ME if that is what you decide to do later!}(

Susan, First in your age group? FANTASTIC girl! You have earned your badge as "cheetah" many times over w/that one!:+

Adri, I agree with the rest of the moms that hitting is not the way to go but I can certainly understand why you appreciated it. I was never a fighter. Never confrontational AT ALL! I don't want to argue much less engage in a physical confrontation even though sometimes in my mind I think there would be nothing more fun then to punch someone's lights out who is tickin' me off!}( :7
Don't be afraid to forgo the gymnastics if you feel it's too much. That's alot of $ to spend if you are not truly into it and appreciating it. Let us know what you decide.

Christine, ^5 on the job interview! Let us know how it turns out! Are you still enjoying your "summer vacation" as much as when it started or are you getting bored?

Good morning to everyone else!

I have re-written this week's rotation about 1000 times! LOL I was first intending to take a spin class this morning but as of right now that has changed to using the elliptical. I also want to do lower body work so I'm thinking the combo of spin and l/b could be a deadly one!}( :eek:

Got my first paycheck from my job yesterday! I'm rich now!... NOT! :7 :7 :p

Good morning Cathy- getting started early! I'm on a break right now from work and I thought I'd check in. I've been lax on this lately:-( Last week DH and I took a little break and got in some camping with some friends. It is SO beautiful now here in N. Arizona!!!
The following day we treked to Phoenix and checked out the new Cabelas store that opened (what a place!) and treated ourselves to a night at a resort:7 Anyway, then it was back home to the daily grind and I've been at work. I did get in my 20 mile run, did okay but the old groin pull is acting up again now x( I've been icing it and going low impact with the cardio. We'll see how it goes during the next week.

Cathy- have fun with ME today. It will be weights for me also but I'm thinking HSTA. Later I'll get in at least an hour on the elliptical.

A HUGE congratulations to Susan and Katrina- Way to go their cheetahgals! Fantastic job on your races. :7 :7 :7

Time to get back to my duties..... I'll check in later in the day and get caught up with personals. I missed you all :) :)

ShellyC

Hey Wendy- posting at the same time! Sounds like you have an awesome workout planned! Don't go crazy now with your new influx of riches!!

ShellyC

LOL Shelley!

Hey Cheetahs! I just found out what we will be doing at running class tomorrow! HILL REPEATS! I have never done that before! Am I in trouble!?!? :eek: }( :eek:

Hey Cheetahs!!!
Little Cheetah doing her quick morning check in! I don't haev much time this morning. My computer was super slow or I would have been on much earlier. I should learn to turn my cumputer off at night:+

Today at the gym is legs and abs. No cardio for me today. I did the Step Extreme class at the gym, but just did 45 minutes of it so I woul haev enough time to finish my strength training.

I need to read some of the posts I missed yesturday maybe at school or after (and after track practice) cuz I was trying to post last night but my computer wasn't workin well.

Hope you all have a great day! I'll be back later:)

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thank you so much for thinking about John and donating...:)..So, your Garmin acted up a bit?. I was using the Auto pause feature to stop tracking when I stopped running...OMG, it went nuts Sunday as we were jogging up a big hill...I finally had to disable that option...have fun with ME!

Wendy...I think the Elliptical is a GOOD choice today! So what will you buy with your paycheck??...:)...Hill repeats are fun!!....}(

Shelly...my DH would be in complete heaven in a Cabela's store!! Good job on the 20 miler. Take care of the grion.

Judy...enjoy Lowmax and whatever weight workout you pick..

Barb... like that timersaver workout with GS C&T...I ended up skipping the Yoga and just doing the Elliptical. I have a few of Baron's Yoga's, I like them...:)

Susan...1st place!!! Way to go...I hope Melissa is feeling better today. Have fun with Circuitmax. That is great you'll get to see Mr YP in person next month!!

Adri..I agree with the other cheetahs about the slapping. No matter what the reason it is always wrong! I would think the girl that got slapped could press charges...Gymnastics does sound expensive, but if your heart isn't in it then maybe you should quit...

Chrstine...THANKS! Got the CC's in the mail yesterday...:)...I am glad the interview went well...

I was just a bit under the weather yesterday...I did 40 min on the Elliptical with an iClimb workout.

I feel much better today, so a 6 mile run and maybe a TLT.

Have a good day cheetahs...:)

G'morning Cheetahs & Lil' Cheetah (Adri)! I did Baron Baptiste's Core Yoga y'day & stretched for a while plus did some walking. 3 mile run on schedule for today, I'll run after I drop Allison off at preschool. It got chilly really fast here overnight, only in the low 50's for today! Good thing I had pulled out some jeans & jackets for the girls last week, they needed them today!

It was such a nice night last night, we took the kids for our usual walk around the block after dinner (they ride their bikes & we walk w/ the dog) & then came home to play Frisbee & they jumped on the trampoline (I told them NO jumping for me until AFTER the marathon!).

I'm a jumble of emotions about the marathon now- nervous, excited, and just ready to get it over with!! There's also been a lot of family issues w/ my Grandma, Aunt Meg, and Greg's family... lots of people to be thinking about while I'm running!!

I should have some time this afternoon to post to everyone, so have a great morning!

And I added a few new pics to my picture trail, I'm such a picture addict! :p

Hey good morning cheetahs:)

Well, yesterday I did strength work at the gym and about 15 minutes on the elliptical. Today, I woke up, still sore from the 10K x(. No AM w/o, I still have to get back into the swing of things. Maybe this afternoon, I'll do some drills at the track and get a few miles in.

Susan~ Congratulations!! Aren't those awards great? They really give you an incentive don't they? This is why racing can be very addicting! :)

Cathy...Enjoy ME, that's a tough one!

Wendy...First paycheck yay!! Hill repeats should be fun;-)

Shelly~ Hello, and thanks. Good job on the 20 miles and I'm glad you enjoyed your camping trip.

Adri~ Wow, you really are a "Lil' Cheetah":), I didn't realize you were so young! I think it's great that you are so active. That's the way to do it, start when your young;-).

Judy~ LM premix...great idea. I love and hate LM at the same time;), ugh! it can really kill you and it's so long. Sometimes, I say, just give me the intensity so I can end this slow torture:eek: !

Carol~ Hope you feel better... 6 miles today huh? you can do that with your eyes closed!;-)

Jess~ You will be fine with your marathon, it's very normal to feel that way. Heck, I get like that before my races, that are no where near a marathon. As Nike says "Just Do It!" :)

To everyone else, have a great workout today!

Katrina

HI again~

Jes~ I hope all contiues to go well with the taper and the family! :7

Carol~ Did the Garmin go-nuts because of the hills? How was your 6 mile run?

Adri~ Am I to underatand that gymnastics is losing it'a appeal for you? It is OK. I was a gymnast and gave it up for swimming and then just workd out as I still do now. Do what keeps you happy. Organized sports can be very mentally tough. My DD just gave up year round competitive swimming after 7 straight years. She is happy now just competing during high-school season. She now has time to run for fun and ski all winter long.
And this past summer she traveled abroad!

Hi Shelly~ How do you feel after 20 miles?

Wendy~ The whole reason I don't race is because I don't care to speed train. I am happy to run hills, but my runs are as much mental release as physical challenge. My hill repeats come in the form of Imax workouts!

Cathy~ I did ME/BC bonus Premix today instead of my earlier plan. It was a pleasant change. Those endurance based exercises go on forever....

Good job Susan!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning ladies,

I woke up feeling kind of blah, but I am starting to feel better after my third cup of green tea...ahh

I am going to run 8 miles this morning outside. I am looking forward to it. My left hamstring is a little sore, so it may be cut short , but that is the goal.

Cathy, enjoy ME. That workout always suprises me on how tough it is. Thanks for the compliment on my run. I swear I will stop talking about it now!

Wendy, have fun with that tough workout you have planned. Congrats on your first paycheck. I say go to Target!!

Shelley, 20 miles!!!! You cheetahs really are amazing. Between you and Carole and these other crazy 20 miler cheetahs, I have some running to do to catch you guys! A groin pull, OUCH!!! I have had those before and they really hurt. I hope it feels better soon.

Adri, sounds like a great workout last night. Good luck with your decision on whether to continue gymnastics.

Judy, I really like the combo of BC/Me It goes by pretty fast and it is different than the other ciruit workouts. Awesome job!

Carole, enjoy your run and TLT. What TLT is your favorite? I have them but have not tried them yet.

Jess, I love the new pictures. What a beautiful family you have. Your evenings sound like ours. We walk around our block to the park every night with my 3 girls. It is my favorite time of day. I find it wonderful having the three girls so close in age. They do everything together. It is a love/hate relationship, but I am so glad they have each other. I bet you have a lot of emotions going on for the marathon. I still haven't gotten over my 10k, I cannot imagine how I would feel before a marathon, or how I would feel after. You are going to do great and you will be so proud of yourself afterward and we cheetahs will be cheering you on. Enjoy your 3 miler.

Katrina. I hope you get some running in today. I was very suprised that I was not sore after my 10k, because it was really hilly. I usually can't walk after hills. When is your next race?

Hi gals.

I did a 30 min pre-programmed crosstraining elliptical w/o at the gym and then came home and did PH lower body and ab work. }(

I lied to the elliptical machine when it asked for my age! I put in that I was 29 (again ;) ) in hopes that it wouldn't give me too easy of a w/o!}( It worked...great work out! Only problem is that I didn't realize right away that I was in total control of the resistance. The machine only controlled the crossramp so I was working out on the easiest resistance for A LITTLE TOO LONG! oops! HA HA! I guess I had an extended warm up!:p

I got my work schedule for October already. Holy moly! I am working 3-4 days every week next month! :eek: I'm glad as I can use the cash and certainly have the time but I was surprised she gave me so much. YEAY me!}( By the end of Oct Joey should have the new schedule down...I HOPE! I can't take much more of the total insantity for the last hour of work each day! LOL The only thing that stinks about workin' all those days is that it cuts into my gym time MAJORLY! I guess I'll be hangin' with Cathe or using the jogging stroller ALOT in October. ;)

I'll be back later for more personals, ladies!

Hey there Cheetahs!

Just tried the new iTread 10 Outdoors workout, and I really enjoyed it! It’s a bit less intense than iTread 6, but it still pushes. I think this one is my new favorite. I had a great run, especially as I tried every way I could think of to talk myself out of a run. But, I will tell ya, the first mile sucked. My knee hurt, my legs did not want to run, my upper body was protesting… After the blood started flowing I was fine. Amazing how that works. I’m going to head off to do P90X Legs (no back) soon.

Cathy – Hope your hair turns out perfect and you enjoy ME!! Not sure what I’m going to do job-wise yet. As this is something I’m going to do for hopefully the next 3-4 years, I am going to take my time with this decision.

Susan – WAY TO GO GIRL!!! First in your age group! And I think you’re around my age, so there are a lot of us!!!!

Wendy – I do that – rewrite my rotation over and over! Don’t spend all that pay check in one spot…

SHELLY!!! We missed you!!! Sounds like you’ve been enjoying your break!! Hope your groin pull is feeling better.

Adri – Have fun at the gym!

Judy – Enjoy Low Max and your upper body premix!

Carole – glad you finally got those buggers!! And I’m happy you’re feeling better today.

Jess – are you doing a mental countdown like Sara did? I find I solve a lot of issues when I run – you’ll have a nice long time to think of resolutions… I hope all is goes well!

Katrina – It takes a while to get back into the swing of things after a race. You get so focused on the event and your training schedule, that you forget what it’s like not to have those. You’ll get there….

Susan – I was kind of the same way, but my run helped… Hope you are feeling better.

Enjoy your days everyone!!! Off to do legs, if I can walk… LOL

Hello again,

Well, I did my 8 mile run, WHEW!!! It kind of dragged. I think tomorrow I will have to give my legs a rest. I have not had a rest day in about 10 days. I will do some upper body work tomorrow. My dang hamstring has been hurting. I probably just need a few rest days for it to heal.

Cheetahs, do you guys run heal toe or do you run on your toes then heal. I definitley run landing on the heal through the toe. Is that right? Or,is everyone just different. I am just wondering if my form is okay and if I need to adjust anything.

Christine, I am glad you enjoyed your run. How far did you got today?

Wendy, it sounds like you enjoyed your workout. You are definitley a working woman now. Does your day go by fast and how long do you work at a time?

Well, I am off to pick up my Mariah at pre-school. She has been a real cranky pants lately, so I am hoping she is happy when I pick her up.

Susan

Susan - way to go on your run! Nice to be able to push through even though you're not 100%. Good job. By the way I ended up at 5.28 miles.

I finished P90X and decided to combine my leg work and ab work. I did planks instead of the back work, and I did a 2 minute plank during the calf raises (my calves are big enough - I don't need to add to them!). During P90X Legs, Tony mentions Tomato Basil soup. Now I'm craving that. Maybe I'll make some today. We'll see. :p

LOL Susan!!! I wish I had a dime for every misspelling I've done while posting:7 :7 :7 You're too cute:p

ShellyC

Hello again all! I had a great time with HSTA today after my nap. Feeling strong and my groin is doing much better. I'm feeling encouraged :)

Judy- Thanks so much for your concern and asking about my 20 mile run. I got through without too much problems but my groin injury was starting to act up so I was definitely worried. Feeling better now though!

Carole- You're still going strong I see! Glad you're feeling better. I find that strange that your auto pause is so funky acting. I have a much simpler model (201) and I've never had a problem with it. Well, I guess it's just as simple to manually pause when you need to!

Wendy- Let us know how you like those hill repeats! Great leg workouts.... you are going to be one strong cheetah soon, if now now... you're workouts are getting to be danged impressive! I got such a kick out of your story about lying to your elliptical.

Jess- You're sounding a tad overwhelmed with family issues lately!!!
Hugs to you. Running is wonderful therapy when your mind is in turmoil isn't it? I enjoyed your story yesterday about the talk in church and marathon runners.

Katrina- Congrats again on a splendid performance on your 10k. I think it won't be long before you're shrugging off the effects of these races like they're nothin! Keep up the good work!

Susan- Good job on the 8 miles today. I forgot to congratulate you earlier on your age group win....wooohoooo!!! Got to love those age group awards! Good for you :7 It DEFINITELY sounds like you are ready for a rest.....take care of that hamstring!!!! Get in some good stretching the next few days.

Christine- I forgot to share some news.....I finally got an IPOD Nano!!!!! I'm going to be checking out these Itrain workouts the next week, I'm really intrigued with your description of the outdoor Itread!! BTW- congrats on your job offer, they are lucky to be getting you. YOu are obviously a highly motivated and capable person :7

Hi Adri-- hope school went well with you today and there were no further episodes of "violence". I'm glad you made the decision to pare back on your activities. You definitely sounded like you had more on your plate than you can handle.

Okay- enough babble for now. Hi everyone else....Oh yes, Barb!!!!
I read back a bit and heard your party extravaganza went well..
Better you than me babe....I could NEVER handle something like that!

tata
ShellyC

Hey Cheetahs!!!
Lil Cheetah is back! I was at track practice after school. Its pretty cool and pretty much the same as it was when I did it in 6ht and 7th grade. This year instead of shotput for a special (besides running) I'm ganna do the high jump again. I did it once in 6th grade, but I hurt my back once by falling on the bar. But I may give it another try.

I just wanna let everyone know that I'm not a violent person like my post said. It was my friend who did it. I as the one who watched. When I said i woulda done it myself, I didn't really mean that. I would NEVER hit somebody unless it was for self defence. Ok some personals...

Carol- Glad you are feeling better today cheetah;-) One question though: what is TLT? Just wondering cuz I don't think I ever heard of it. Thanks:)

Jess- Hope you have a fab run today cheetah! I love takin a walk in the late summer time in the evening while its warm and the sun is starting to set. Its beautiful isn't it! Enjoy:) Also, great new pics girl! You look fab;-)

Katrina- You didn't know I was a lil cheetah!?!?!??!?!?! LOL:+ JK. Don't you like being sore after a hard run/ weight workout!?!?! I love it}(

Judy- Yea I've been doing competitve gymnastics for about 4 years now and am startin to get sick of it. Sometimes I just wanna kick my coach (thanking Cathe for my sick a$$ kicks and punches I learned:+) But I think I just wanna concetrate on the gym now and indoor track. I wanna continue my muscle building (which is goin great! I need to take some pics!) Thanks for you opinions:)

Susan- LOL cheetah!! I know after about the 10th or 20th cup of caffine always makes us feel better}(}:)+

Wendy- Great workout you cheetah! LOL! I guess your warm-ups are like the bulk of your workouts ha!?!?!?!:+ Keep up your great work!

Christine- Glad you enjoyed your new iTread! Hope it continues to give you great workouts and make you FEEL THE BURN}(

ShellyC- yea I have a TON on my plate. Thats why if I give up gymnastics I will have about 18-20 extra hours a week for the gym/track/school (which comes last;-)) Glad you took a nap before doing HSTA!! Save that energy for that extra calorie burn}:)+

Ok, I'll give you an update. I may post it on open discussion but its not htat important. I did quit gymastics today. My mom called the office there and told them I will no longer be part of the competitive team. I may still go in for Open Gym (which is where you pay $8 an hour to do whatever you want there) on fridays. Just so I can keep up some of the skills I like. Thank you all for helping me and giving me advice! I truly love yea all:*

I'm off to the gym in a few for legs and abs. Be back later!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.