::: CHEETAHS ::: Tues., 12/19

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs-

Catchin' up from last night's posts...

Carole :: THIS is the buttcrack of dawn! Kettle chips? Never had 'em. Is it the flavor of kettle corn popcorn? I love that!

Colleen :: good to see ya! :)

Wendy :: thanks - I did enjoy my dinner (even though my steak was a little too well done) but got home later than I thought I would (9-ish). As a result, I've totally rearranged my workout plan. You can relate, right? ;-)

OK, here it is...instead of doing my workout NOW and thus have to blow out my hair (which is a 45 min project), I'm going to grade papers as soon as I hit the post button (I've *gotta* get that done -- mid-marking is tomorrow and grade are due! ACK!) and workout this afternoon. It's about time efficiency - not washing my hair this AM will definitely save me a good chunk of time. Sheesh! This is one of those weeks where there is just not enough time in each day. I think I'll just accept the fact that between social functions & work obligations, it might be a light workout week and not make myself nuts over it. I know I'll make up for it next week w/ four days of skiing. OK, off to grade!

Have a great day, everyone! I will post after I workout tonight & get caught up with all of you.

-Cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

Cathy: LOL, you KNOW I can relate!:7 Sorry your steak was overdone. I CAN'T relate to that. The only way I eat steak is well done! :p You don't eat your steak RARE, do you? I can't stomach sitting across from someone who eats it so rare it appears to still be alive!:eek: I have a friend who does that as well as my mom. ACK!LOL

I have the B&G Leg Blast premix on tap for today. FUN! I am also going to the kickbox class at my gym tonight. Gotta maintain that free memebership!:)

Jess: Mentioning my work out reminded me...can ya walk today??}(

Good morning everyone:

Alright here goes, Note to Self: right a post and don't delet it :7

Last night I worked those girls hard at step class, we did a lot of plank work afterwards, too, they are loving me this morning, I'm sure. I've got DOMS in my abs, so I'm pretty sure they do to if they were workin' it! }(

Well, today is another busy one. Work all day - give a presentation to the administration explaining how I put out the school's publication and why I do some of the things I do. This should be very interesting.

Workout will be after work either running 3 or maybe I will have to get on the elliptical. DS gets off the bus and is home alone so I don't like to be late from work very often if I can help it.

Is the elliptical the closest thing to running if you don't have a TM?

I hope everyone has a great day and I will try to get back sometime later.

Marcia. :)

Good morning cheetah friends,

i get to do some personals today...yay!! why is it when you don't have to get up early your body wakes up anyway...arghhh

shelly- glad you are looking forward to snow. i am not a fan. 4 days off before christmas eve...no fair:D

wendy- metabolic effect is an awesome 30 min. class. fits in nicely for a lunchtime workout. you truly feel like you have worked out for an hr. you did yoga!! i am so proud of you. how did you like yogax? i roll my eyes every time i think of 90 mins. of yoga. don't know if i could stand it.:eek:

laurie- i just love your new pic. how pretty!! did you get to finish your shopping?

jess- i am with you on a sick house. my baby is sick today (so i am home today). dh started complaining last night his throat was starting to hurt. oh noooo. i hope your girls feel better today.

susan- have fun on your trip to chicago. i am out of the loop-when do you leave? are you visiting family?

linda- i hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday!

judy- what a wonderful surprise for your DD.

cathy- you are so welcome. nope, did not have to work saturday. working those long hrs. during the week paid off. so i was able to get alot of our shoppping done. "buttcrack of dawn"- LOL!!:D

i will have some time to play on the computer today as my baby is sick with a cold and slight fever:-( .

today's workout is amy bento's APX upperbody premix (this will be my first time) and a 2 mile run. i am hoping to get in some wrapmax and (UGH) cleanmax today.

have a wonderful day ladies:)

Hi Sunny!

Let us know what you think of the Amy work out you are doing today! I liked yoga x..well, for what it is anyway. I have never gotten into yoga. Maybe this will help since I am able to do it without wanting to kill myself! LOL Sorry your little one is sick but it will be nice to have you around a bit more today.:)

Hi Marcia.

Yes, the elliptical is a great alternative when no TM is avaible. Actually, it's just a great way to get a no impact work out that will compliment your running. I thought you had a TM...didn't you??? Maybe I'm just going crazy!;)

Wendy: I did, but the motor is out in it. It's not a really good one anyway, so instead of spending the money to fix it I will wait and maybe look into a new one. But, since we now have an elliptical I will probably wait quite a while. ;-)

Marcia.

P.S. Great memory!

G'morning Cheetahs!! I, like Cathy, was up at the buttcrack of dawn (4:25, does that count as buttcrack?? :7 ) to meet my friend Erin for a run. We took Mikey w/ us & headed out in the pitch black. I did the run/ walk every mile thing again & was feeling more twinges in the stupid IT band then I did on Fri. We did 4.3 miles.

Kiersten was still running a temp last night & hardly eating so we'll see how she feels this morning. Her ear is still draining a lot too, which is a good thing! So I'll keep her home today. Allison's fever broke & she was feeling much better but still has a deep cough. I think I might send her to preschool this morning though, it's her Christmas party & gift exchange & I'd hate for her to miss it. We missed her Christmas program last night. :eek:(

I made 2 batches of fudge to give out to friends/ neighbors & German choc. cupcakes for Hannah's school tonight. They're having an international dinner at her school, and that was all I could think of!! LOL I think we'll all be able to go to her school, if not then I'll leave the little ones w/ Greg & just take Hannah. And Greg made his Mom's famous caramel rolls (yes, from scratch!) to take to his work food day today. He left one for the girls too, they'll be so happy to see that! It smells like a bakery in here still!

Wendy ~ Surprisingly, no DOMS today in my legs!! For some reason, I get a burn while doing B & G, but no DOMS. When I do GS legs, I don't feel quite as much burn, but have major DOMS!! I guess I'm just weird?? (ok, you know the answer to that question!! )}( Oh yeah, and my dh is one of those people that eats their steaks blood rare. I swear he'd be happy if it were still mooing on his plate!!! LOL

Cathy ~ I'm glad I'm not the only one that rationalizes my time!! I'm all about time efficiency. Although my hair is very low on my priorities!! ;-) Pony tails work great for me! :) Good luck getting everything graded! I hope you have a fantastic skiing trip!

Marcia ~ I'm glad to see you posting again!! Sounds like you're doing great getting back in the swing of running again. Just take it easy & don't do too much too fast. Believe me, I've learned the hard way. Injuries are NOT fun.

SunnyD ~ Sorry you have a sick little one too!! Don't ya just feel so bad when they feel so miserable?? Enjoy WrapMax & your workouts!

OK, I'm off to stretch more & use my foam roller. I plan to do GS C & T later today!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...here is a link: http://www.kettlefoods.com/index.php?cID=11 not really like kettle popcorn, but very yummy...4 days of skiing next week?....Sounds like alot of fun...:)...Sorry about the steak but I can't relate at all as I don't eat them...

Wendy..have fun with the tough B&G premix. Have you taken this kickbox class before?

Marcia...yes, I did read before I bought my Elliptical that is does simulate running the best, without any impact!

Sunny...enjoy your upper body premix and 2 mile run. Sorry about the sick little one...

Jess....the busy cheetah!! Sorry about the IT band twinges, I do know how frustrating that can be....sending healing vibes.....Enjoy GS today. I have some pleasant DOMS in my chest form GS yesterday!

I am doing GS Legs and a 6 mile run today. Also some cleanmax after...:)

edited to add....my little doggie Sadie woke me up at the buttcrack of dawn too....

Have a great day...

Good morning!

Carole - I have had Kettle Chips before and love them! But...then again....I love chips...period :+

Jess - I am sorry about your IT Band acting up again! I was up at 4:00 a.m.

:-( I stayed in bed until 4:11 and then just got up. I usually get up at 4:20 anyway...but DH was up and downstairs at 3:55 a.m. :eek: I wanna come and stay at your house!! You make sooo many yummy goodies!

Marcia - Sounds like your step class was tough and great! I really think the elliptical is closest to running if you aren't going to be using a TM. I really need to use my elliptical more often. I hardly ever use it, even though I love it.

Sunny - Sounds like you have a great workout planned! I really like APX! When I did the upper body premix I was sore in a really different way all the way around my arm from my shoulder bicep down to my elbow. It was a different soreness for me, as it was all the way "around". I anxious to see what your experience is! Have fun!

Wendy - I am with ya on the well done steaks! That is the only way I can eat it! :9 It sounds like we are on the same wave lenght with workouts today! (I did B&Gs and then did TurboJam CP and standing AbJam). Enjoy your workout and class!

Cathy - The skiing sounds like a blast! Don't work too hard on the papers and enjoy whatever workout you decide on later!

Colleen - Hey there! How have ya been?

Well, this morning, like I already said was all of B&Gs, TJ CP, Standing portion of AbJam. I really enjoyed it this morning. The core aspect of it felt great!

I went to watch my little grandaughter dance in her little Christmas program last night. Well...she didn't dance ! Bless her heart, she got stage fright, and would not do anything at all. I felt so sorry for her. She wasn't feeling well anyway, so I think that played a role. But it was so cute seeing the other little girls dance

Hi to everyone that checks in later or not!

Linda

Good morning cheetahs,
What is all this talk about buttcracks? I actually hate that word(LOL!

I am taking a rest day today. I have to work in my daughters classroom today and then have my physical therapy appt. I will stretch and do abs today. Thanks for all of your suggestions about working out while I am away. I think subconcioulsy I really do want to take a rest week. I want to see how my sciatica feels after that. My mind just freaks out a bit with the idea of taking 7 days off. Carole really hit the nail on the head when she said to focus on my mom and healing my sciatica. That is what I am going to do:)

Cathy, you must have curly hair. My hair is so straight I really do not have to do much with it at all. You are very busy this week. Don't fret about not getting all your workouts in this week, just think about your week next week and all that fun skiing. Good luck getting your papers done today.

Wendy, you have a kickbutt workout planned today. I love doing kickboxing after a leg workout. It kind of loosens everything up. Have fun! Oh, and thank you for the lovely xmas card and the very nice note you wrote. I am so glad that I became a cheetah! I just hope I can start living up to that name soon.

Marcia, that is great you have an elliptical. I would love to get one, but my hubby is not keen on spending the money right now. Have a great workout!

Sunnydelite, I am leaving on Sunday, which scares the heck out of me, because I have so much to do. I am visiting my parents.

Jess, sorry about the twinges. It is so frustrating have an injury. I feel that way about my back right now. I was trying a few moves from KPC yesterday and instantly I felt a pain in my back. I almost wanted to cry. It is so dang FRUSTRATING! I am also on my period so that does not help the mood}( Those treats you fixed sound so yummy! I love Fudge.

Carole, Thanks for the great advice yesterda about taking a rest week. I know such a stupid neurotic thing to be worried about when my mom is so sick. Thanks for reminding me of my priorities. I am not a fan of any type of potato chip. The only chip I like are chocolate chips:)

Linda, you had a great workout this morning! I love Butts and Gutts.

Well, Ladies I have to go take my girls to school. Have a great day!

Susan

Hey Cheetah girlys.
I just wanted to check in and say hi before I go for a run. I have been sick for the past 2 days. I didn't want to give in! DS and DH had bad colds and I just kept saying not me as I downed airborne! So anyway I went to bed laast night at 7!!!!! I feel soooo much better today! Ok I will be back later with personals!
LD

Hello again! My kitties names are Chi-Chi (long hair black and white) and Rio. Rio was named that because I found him on a riverside while DH and I were kayaking (someone had dumped him)
Anyway, I usually wake up feeling great but not today... queezy and a headache.... hopefully a good workout will cure that. On tap for today is PUB and the long mix and match premix of Cardiofusion.

Colleen- Great to hear from ya! Running during this time of year is a challenge to us all.... you are definitely not alone! If you can swing it I would definitely recommend getting an iPod to run with. It makes all the difference in the world!

Cathy- Where are you going skiing? I love all kinds of outdoor activities and hobbies but skiing is one I never even tried! It just seems like too much of a hassle with equipment needs and travel. I'm with Jess with the hair also.... way low in priority and 90% of the time you'll find me with a ponytail! I always run with a baseball cap also... the hair looks totally crappy anyway.. may as well cover it up!

Wendy- The leg blast is actually one of the few premixes I haven't done from the new series! I think I'll hold of on trying it though til after the marathon. I'll be going light on the legs for a while.
A kickbox class should be fun for you.... I bet you'll be better at it then the instructor!

Marcia- Good luck with your presentation today! I agree with what Wendy said about ellipticals. They can give you a terrific workout the simulates running closely without the impact!

SunnyD- I work 12 hour shifts so I always work just 3 nights a week. I'll be working the night of the 22nd,23rd, and 24th, so there is nothing to be envious about! I'm very interested to hear what you think of Amy Bento's workout. Let us know!

Jess- I'm sorry that nasty ol ITB band gave you some trouble today.
You know I've actually given my groin pull a name? I call it Grover... When it acts up I say... calm down Grover! Is that sick or what? I'm glad at least one of your DDs appears to be on the mend. Drop set push ups for the supermom today?

Carole- I just love the quote about aging and speed! Hey, you are doing exactly my workout from yesterday! Have a good one!

Linda- Your core must be feeling great now! Terrific workout.... I didn't know you were a granny?! Your poor little grandaughter! I bet you had some special hugs for her!

Okay... time to go workout.... I still feel bloated and crummy. To quote our dear Christine I need to deblobify!

ShellyC

SunnyD-

Good morning everyone. I've MIA for a few days.....struggling with being a little depressed. I wasn't really expecting it but on Saturday we had our regular Christmas get together with my brother's family early this year since they will be spending the holiday in Hawaii. Then I had one of those arguments with DH that happen about once a year or so where I am just really pissed and it takes a couple of days before I love him again! On top of that, the marathon I ran two weeks ago has shot my endurance all to hell and each of my planned 8 mile runs have been aborted. I'll give it another shot on Friday and will keep the pace much slower and eke it out until I have run the distance I want to.

I sort of looked through the last few days threads and see that things with you all are normal which is good.

I noticed Laurie's picture too! I just love it and love being able to put a beautiful face with your beautiful personality.

I noticed that Jess is dealing with a sick family again. Or is it still? You've had a tough winter so far as illness goes and I say it's time you get a break from all of that!

That's all I'm remembering right now. I need to go do some more catching up and will BBL.

Shelly - What pretty cats! I like their names, too! LOL - I truly feel like I need to "deblobify" too! I really wish I would hurry and unbloat! Yes, I am a "granny" :D I have a 4 y/o grandaughter and a 2 y/o grandson. They are so much fun! Hope you feel better!

Susan - Enjoy your rest day and I hope your PT brings about more healing! Have fun with your daughters!

LD - Enjoy your run! So glad you are feeling better!

Linda

Elaine,
(((HUGS))) I am so sorry you have been feeling sad and depressed. I know how hard that must have been for you being with your brothers family. This can be a very sad time of year for many of us. I think we are all very overwhelmed and dealing with a loss on top of that just makes it so much harder. I hope you and your hubby resolve your conflict. Me and Ron have those kind of fights too where you can't even look at each other for a few days, but almost always one of us gives the other a hug and all is forgotten.

As far as your running, maybe you need to just relax and just let your body tell you when it is ready to go full force again. I think a lot of us cheetahs are struggling with wanting our bodies to do what we have set in our minds, but our bodies are just not up to it. It is so frustrating. But, we are all super cheetahs and we will all be where we want to be soon. Let's just get through the holidays:)

Take care,
Susan

Here're some personals:

Carole, I know what you mean about Taps being played at the funeral you attended. My brother was a vet and I absolutely lost it when the honor guard played that, folded the flag and presented it to my SIL. I agree that it has been such a pleasure receiving cards from all of the Cheetahs. I've been dealing with colder than normal temperatures lately when I run. I don't own tights but I've been able to get away with wearing tight like shorts under my running shorts and layering a tank and a long sleeve tech shirt on top. I need to get some gloves and then I will be fine.

Wendy, Saw your Wonder Woman poem! You crack me up for sure so you've got my vote this year for wackiest cheetah!

Jess, The throwing up trick really does work! When I was pregnant with DD I had a gallstone attack and DH took me to the emergency room where they didn't seem to think my case was more important than a woman who was there with a cat scratch until I threw up waiting in line to check in!

Cathy, I hope your week goes well and that the students are not too hyped up with their impending break and holiday.

Gotta go get DD something to eat. I'll be back to finish up the personal in a bit......

Hey Elaine! I'm glad that you popped in! I'm sure it was hard being w/ your brother's family. It was hard at T'giving w/out my Grandma around & I'm sure it will be at Christmas also. It brings up a lot of emotions. Sorry about the dh argument too, I hope things are back to normal soon!

And please don't push yourself too hard. From everything I read, it takes a good 4-6 weeks for your body to get back to *normal* after a marathon. It's a lot of work!!! You deserve to ease back into it & don't beat yourself up! Here I am almost 3 mos later finally getting back into it! (but not by choice!)

Nope, not still sick. The girls had strep before T'giving & were doing well til this hit! Hannah just had a bad cold, Kiersten has a double ear infection, and Allison has bronchitis. They're on the mend though & should be healthy for Christmas!! I'm hoping the stomach flu doesn't hit our house or else I'll be upset!! ;-) Thankfully I've stayed healthy through it so I hope to stay that way!

Take care & post if you need some support!

G'afternoon! It's almost naptime around here. Kiersten is still tired & yawned her way through lunch. She's feeling better today finally & at least no fever! I think she might be ok to go back to school tomorrow. At least in kindergarten she won't have too much to catch up on! Especially the week before Christmas!

Allison had fun at preschool this morning, I'm glad she went. She had treats & a little gift exchange. She got Candy Land, which we already have but now she has her *own*. So of course we had to play it immediately! ;-) She has such a personality, I just love her to pieces. Greg calls her precocious, which is the perfect word for her. She makes me laugh all of the time.

OK, I've got to read some stories & then I'm off to do GS C & T. Bring on the pushups!!! ;-) I might do some abs too if I have time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.