::: CHEETAHS ::: Tues., 12/12

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs~

I am planning a run after school since the temps will be milder again today. Was thinking possibly also u/b weights, but I may hold off on those until tomorrow.

Christine :: I meant to add this yesterday...I'm actually sore in my shoulder BLADES...I don't think it should be from the tri & bi work, should it?

Laura :: sounds good. Jan. 1 I will kick into weight loss mode again. Glad to hear you will likely be able to stay on at your job and that you continue to reap the compliments from your bootcamp class!

Hi to everyone else!! I'll be back later to see what's going on w/ all of you. Have a great one!

-Cathy :)

Hey Cheetahs!

Cathy: If you and Christine manage to gtg in Philly I'm gonna be sooo jealous! It's too far of a ride for me to pop in though so ya don't have to worry about me crashin' your party. ;) I hope you get your run in today and I was glad to see that you got a w/o in last night. :)

Laura: It's so nice to read about your success with teaching the bootcamp classes. That's great! Keep up the good work! ^5's! Sorry about the chapped lips. Mine are just healing from my cold. I always get really bad chapped lips when I have a cold. I never remember to try the PREVENTION route and start applying the lip balm when I first get the cold. I always wait until the cold is almost gone and my lips are already fried! ACK!

So I have DOMS from GS Legs AGAIN this morning!}( Today is GSC&T so you know what that means! I'll have trouble holding my coffee cup in the morning. :eek: ;)

Have a great day everyone.:)

Hi Cheetah Friends

Elaine- Thank you for the Elliptical information. I am going to the place where we bought our other equipment and they will let me do a workout today on as many ellipticals as I like. The rep is suggesting I try out the Diamond Back brands and the cybex Total Body Arc Trainer. The Cybex TBAT is not a true elliptical in the sense that the legs do not make a comple elliptical motion, but rather a an arc and then back. It is getting great reviews.

The Risotto recipe from yesterday was yucky! It was a barley base which we all like, but the butternut squash just did not go well with it. It was from a cook book called Vegetarian Slow Cooker recipes. I would try it again without the squach and put in some lightly steamed asparagus at the end.

I ran a great 7 miles yeaterday from close to home; it was a new route that had less steep hills and more rolling hills. I think I will try to keep this route in once per week. (I try to do 3 different routes per week.)

Christine- Have a nice trip to Westchester. I hope you get some pretty snow!

I am behind, If I get back on later, I will aim for more personals. TTFN and have great WO's everyone!

Oh, I am doing a B&G premix, uper body from BM2 and trying out ellipticals.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

G'morning Cheetahs!! Well, I did it!!!!!! 4 mile run/ walk/ jog!!! LOL I decided to be smart about it this time & walk about every half a mile for a minute or so. I didn't feel any *pain* but did feel some tightness & kind of a pulling type feeling towards the end. Man, it felt good to get out there even in the light misty rain at 5AM!! :p And it's nice to catch up w/ my running buddies! We're having a heat wave & it's in the upper 40's this morning so it felt good!

I stretched some & am going to do some pilates/ stretching again in a bit. I did my foam roller & pilates last night & it seems to be helping!

Kiersten seemed to be feeling better last night (she took a 2 1/2 hr nap!) so we'll see how she's feeling this morning when she wakes up. Allison has preschool this morning & I don't know what I'll do yet! I thought about doing some shopping again but think I might come home & enjoy the silence for once!

Just thought I'd share my joy of FINALLY getting in somewhat of a run!!

Good morning Cathy, Wendy, & Judy!!

Cathy ~ Temps milder here too. All of the snow is melted & it's supposed to hit the 50's today!! Crazy since we were having a huge snow storm a little over a week ago!!

Wendy ~ GS legs gets me every time too!! LOL @ you w/ GS C & T, I think I'll do that one tomorrow!

Judy ~ Have a great day!! Your recipes sounds yummy!!!!! And great job on the 7 mile run, I can't wait to get back to a 7 mile run!!!

Laura ~ I love Melaleuca's chapstick (I have a tube in every room, my purse, everywhere!), but if you want something you can buy in stores try Burt's Bees lip balms. They work really well!! http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs...459&langId=-1&categoryId=&showSubCategory=yes

To all my other Cheetah girls (yes, my dd has seen that show on Disney at my Mom's house!! LOL), have a great day!

Hi All!

Today is L&G, and KPC abs followed by GS Tri’s. I think I like working my triceps least of all. I’d rather do the 72 push ups than 20 dips.

Cathy – I think if you went too heavy on some of the triceps exercises, it’s may get to your shoulder blades. I’m thinking of the over head extensions. Even just mimicking the move I can feel my shoulders working. Enjoy your run! Unfortunately since I’m visiting family, I don’t know if I’ll get a chance to get into Philly. I’ll PM you my cell phone number though, just in case. :p

Wendy – you’re turning into DOMS Queen! Enjoy CS C&T – I’ll be doing the T part!

Judy – Great job on the 7 miles! Sorry the squash did not turn out as expected. My chick pea casserole was simple, but good. Thanks for the well wishes on the trip. I have mixed emotions about snow this time. I would love to see some, but I don’t want to get stuck in PA with all of the stuff I have to do for Christmas!

Jess – WAY TO GO! I’m so happy to hear your running again! Smart way to do it! Upper 40’s is a heat wave? Hmmm, okay… :+ Glad to hear Kiersten is feeling better!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...S&H always creates DOMS....even in bizarre places! The reason I break down the GS's is partly P90X and partly my own way of upper body lifting. I like to do back and chest together and bi's and tri' together, then shoulders where I can. I like to work shoulders 3 times a week so doing them monday is a good start. Wish we had some milder temps...all I can see in the forecast is rain!!

Wendy...iClimbs are by far my favorites for my Elliptical. The time seems to fly by with Keith. I have some DOMS form GS chest today....I will tackle legs today and see what happens...enjoy your workout!

Judy..good luck with the Elliptical shopping. Sorry about the recipe not being so good...:(...I am not a fan of butternut squash myself.... but putting in asparagus sounds good! Enjoy your B&G premix and BM2 upper...

Jess...like the others said....I hate the stomach bugs!! I hope Kiersten is feeling better today. Way to go with C&W yesterday...Good job on the run today!! I think the tightness and pulling sensation is telling you your IT band is not quite healed yet...I know you must have been happy to get out and run...:)

Laura...sounds like your classes are going well. I have always used Carmax on my lips before a run.

Christine...sorry about the ATT problems! I have been very happy with our broadband connection and no software involved!! Jerish sounds like a nice guy. Lucky to have friends like you to watch out for him. Sounds like a good workout today. I am the opposite, I'd much rather do dips than push-ups! Chest is my least fav part to work. I hope your trip goes well...

LD...it is Kest!....Hope you had fun with BM2.

Elaine...I am not much of a musical fan, but that really sucks it was bad! I did see a good X-mas musical about a week ago. It was paid for and I enjoyed it.

Susan...25 4-5 yr olds!!! YIKES!! A crush on Nate...how sweet...:)..I do eat fairly clean but sometimes the chips take over....and now the M&M peanuts come in DARK chocolate....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b0/pray.gif[/img]

Elaine...I wouldn't beat yourself about only running 3. I was so in awe of your Sat 8:40 pace!! True my run was in the rain...but I have done that alot in the winter here. Maybe just an off day...

I'll be doing GS legs and a 5-6 mile rainy run.

Have a great day..

Hello ladies,

extremely quick check-in busy, busy, busyx(

yesterday- i did DM total body premix.

today- i did BM2 cardio timesaver and then the abs.

i will try to check in again later for personals and to catch up haven't had time to see what's going on with everyone.

if we don't stay caught up on our work they are threatening to make us come in on saturday.x(

have a great day and enjoy your workouts:)

Morning Cheetahs! Well I got up again this am for yoga. I love it. It is such a great start to my day! Finished all of BM2 yesterday. I really love that w/out when I am done! I am thinking about a run outside today because it is going to be nice today. I think it is supposed to be around 50-54 out. Anyway have a great day all!

Cathy, I love the crab fries at Chickie and Pete's. I like the burgers too! Enjoy the run. Isn't this weather great?

Wendy, Enjoy the GSC&T. I love it when I have DOMS in my chest. I think that it lifts me up in that area! Seriously, since I started Cathy last year, I have gone down 2 cup sizes! OK, maybe thats TMI, but it makes me happy! Have a greta day!

Judy, Oh please no snow here! At least for another month! I am loving this mild weather! Which B&G premix are you gonna do? I like the leg blast one!

Jess, Good job on the run. Glad to hear DD is feeling better. My DS has a cold and he fell asleep around 5 last night. I woke him up long enough to eat and then he went right back to sleep. He was still a little stuffy this am but feeling much better!

Christine, Enjoy L&G. That is still my fave even ahead of B&G. Triceps are ok to me. I don't like working shoulders. I think because it is so hard for me but I do 'em anyway and have noticed a diff. They have finally gotten a bit easier for me.

Carole, Kest, Kest. That's right. I forgot. I contemplated buying one of his and then Oxygen channel brought back my Steve Ross. I'll stick with him! Enjoy Legs and you run!

SunnyD, Get to work! You don't want to have to work saturday! Sounds like you had a good w/out this am. Enjoy your day and try not to work too hard!

OK everyone have a good day. I'll come back later!

LD

G'mornin Cheetahs!

Well, after yesterdays shortened run I think I'll hop on my elliptical today. I need to do some lower body weight work but just know that I am going to have some DOMS because it's been a while since I've done anything hard. I want to try that 8 mile run again tomorrow and don't want to have to skip it because I am hurting too much. Hmmmm, maybe I'll stick with GS floor....that never gets me too bad. Next week my kids will be out of school so I won't be able to get outside to run during the week and I'm thinking I can use that time to get my lower body reaccustomed to lifting heavier weights.

Anyway, I guess I need to remind you guys that today is my birthday! Yep, I'm 47 today. Man, that sounds so freaking old to me!

How bout some personals:

Cathy, Hmmmm. Tri and bi work gave you shoulder blade DOMS??? LOL!!! :7 :7 Ten days off (including weekends) for Christmas is *short*! My kids started school Aug 21st so they get the long holiday break and I like it because it's sort of a break for me too.

Wendy, See? That's why I don't want to do GS Legs standing. Don't need the DOMS right now. It is my all time favorite leg workout but it's tough. GS C&T is also a favorite!

Judy, I hate it when I try a new recipe and it's not any good. Was the soup at least edible? Sounds like a fun run. I like running rolling hills too!

Jess, I'm happy that your run was a good one this morning. You'll be back to where you started in no time!

Christine, I love working my triceps. I would have to say my least favorite body part to work is shoulders and then biceps. I get stronger and can up my weights with those two like everything else but the burn is worse than any other body part....always!

Carole, Why do you like to work shoulders three times a week? So do you do back & chest and bis & tris once a week? How often do you work legs? Can you tell that I am directionless right now and trying to get some ideas? I really wasn't beating myself up after only being able to get in 3 miles. My DH was laughing at me because as we were coming up on where I stopped running with him I said "I'm an idiot! You know where we turn left up ahead to go down to the beach? Well, I'm turning right and going home!" He just handed me the house keys and was probably thankful that I was not going to slow him down for the entire run! We had rain during the weekend and it's supposed to be back again this weekend. It's very rare for it to rain all day and usually there is a long enough break for me to get a dry run in.

Sunny, Oh man! I hope you don't have to work Saturday! And wow, you've been able to keep up with your workouts even while so busy. I am so in awe of you.....to have small kids *and* work outside the home *and* workout consistently.

LD, I do yoga sometimes because I know it is good for my body but I do not have a love affair with it. Maybe if I was more consistent with it then I would. I have about three Kest DVDs, Eoin Finn, Iron Yoga, about three or four Barone Baptist and Karen Voight. Hmmmm. after seeing how much I have invested you'd think I *did* have a love affair with yoga:+

OK, I think I better go pack DH and DD's lunches.

Be back later!

Happy happy birthday, Elaine!!! I hope you have a terrific bday!! 47- nah, you're still a youngin'! Good plan w/ the elliptical & GS floorwork! The standing part always gives me DOMS too!

I really hope I can get back to a somewhat regular running schedule too. It feels like I've been off for sooo long now! (almost THREE months!)

I don't have a love affair w/ yoga either. LOL I know I should do it & try to do it once a week, but it just seems to take too long!! LOL

Anyway, have a great bday!

Good morning! Okay, I was starting to have some SERIOUS cheetah chatting withdrawal symptoms :eek: I've missed posting for quite a few days....just pretty busy and missing you guys! Anyway, last week DH and I did an overnight trip to Tucson to get him his christmas present.... a Harley Davidson MT500 motorcycle. I'm trying it out too and if I like it I'll get one for me :p After that I've had a LONG stretch of worknights that have been very busy:( This is pretty typical in an ICU between Thanksgiving and Christmas and this year is no exception. It's been pretty exhausting but I did manage to get in a long run last Friday, I did 16 miles and the old legs are still holding up:)
I had one night off to catch up some with shopping and chores
:( Tonight it's back to work but only for one night and then I get a stretch off:7 Today I've done IMAX2 so far and after I'm done here I'll go for an hour on the elliptical:)
I'll be back for personals!

ShellyC

I'm back! Started some LaundryMax & am off to do some CleanMax! I've gotta wash the sheets & get things disinfected. I looove how quick my new washer/ dryer is!! Kiersten woke up fine, coughing a little bit but she went on to school. I'm enjoying my coffee & then am off to clean! I actually feel great even though I was up at 4:30 to run. NO knee pain, I'm thrilled w/ that. I'm going to try to run every 2-3 days & try to build back some mileage. My next race planned is a half marathon in May so I have plenty of time to get ready for that.

OK, I've *got* to get moving or else I'll get nothing done!!! :eek: Have a great day!

Good morning cheetahs,

Well, I had my first Pt appointment and it was WONDERFUL!!!! They were so professional and very thorough and they seemed like regular doctors. I have a women named Jocelyn and she deals with sport related injuries and she is also a massage therapist. She did an exam and said I am really thick on my left side and there is so much tightness in there. She thinks it is coming from my lower back for sure. She is going to focus on getting rid of some of the tightness and doing just stretching to start out with. She really recommends the bike, so I am going to give it a try. Today I go back and she wants her aid, who btw, is a hunky hispanic gentelmen who is about 6"4, to go in an relieve that tightness. She said he is much stronger and will be able get in there good. Why does the tightness have to be in my rather large butt!(LOL)

I am going to the gym this morning to do the bike for 40 minutes and then coming home and doing the lying portion of butts and gutts.

I will report back here and do some personals when I get home. I mailed my xmas cards, so keep an eye out for them.

Have a great day friends!

Susan

I wondered where you were!! Loved the Christmas card, it cracked me up! Sounds like you're keeping busy. Wow, aren't you a good wife to get your dh a motorcycle!!! My Dad has an anniversary edition Harley V-Rod which he LOVES. My sister has a Dyna Low-rider so I come from a Harley family!! ;-)

Great job on the 16 miles & enjoy your hour on the elliptical!!

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that!!! It sounds like they know what they're talking about & can help you w/ your back pain! Yeah! My PT has been really good about helping w/ my IT band, the u/s has probably helped the most along w/ the stretching. Enjoy your massage from the hunky aid!!! }(

I love getting my Christmas cards!! I'm mailing mine out today!! (I know, later than I thought!)

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 PERSONALS :7 :7 :7 :7

Cathy- Hi there teacher cheetah! Hope your school day goes well and you get in a great run afterwards!

Wendy- The GS series never fails to give me DOMS! Hang on to that coffee girl!!!

Judy- How great that you're getting an elliptical! Sounds like you have your eye on a good one! I think you will find it to be invaluable to you this winter... you live in upstate NY don't you?
Your running neighborhood area sounds alot like mine actually! If I run around my "block" it's 10 miles of killer hills but if I travel 10 minutes away it's a nice rolling hill run. I'll be going there for my 18 mile run next Friday.

Jess- Congratulations on your 4 miler!!! Sounds like you are definitely on the road to recovery and you are still playing it very smart:7

Christine- I'm with you there on the triceps! I've never enjoyed working them....I especially have a hard time with kickbacks:( Sounds like you had a fun mishmosh of workouts today!

Carole- Hey, you'd be proud of me.... I did a Carole workout yesterday... weights (ME) followed by a run:eek: (6 miles) You were my inspiration to make it through!

SunnyD- Sorry your job is getting to ya :( This is a lousy time of year to be putting pressure on you and making you work Saturday! That's got to be so tough when you have kids :( What is it you do?

LD- I know how you feel about BM2. I always feel so accomplished after finishing it!!!! Definitely take advantage of your nice weather and get out there and RUN:7

Elaine- HAPPY BIRTHDAY:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ Are you doing anything special? Sounds like a rotation emphasizing lower body weights would be a great option for you now. I'm another cheetah who has to struggle to get in a yoga workout at least once a week. I just don't have the patience for it! BTW.... I was noticing when addressing christmas cards that you live not far from where I graduated from high school (a million years ago!) San Luis Obispo!
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL area of the country.... you must have some awesome inspiring runs!

Okay, time to work out some more and catch up on laundry:)
Later y'all

ShellyC

Hi Susan! I'm glad to hear you're getting some serious PT!!!! Sounds like just the ticket for ya! Biking is wonderful crosstraining... you may decide to start triathlon training}(

ShellyC

Shelly, Yes!!! San Luis Obispo is about 15 minutes from my house. And Yes!!! I *do* have absolutely beautiful scenic runs! And the climate is mild year round to boot. So, what did your folks do for work here and why did you leave?

Your neck of the woods is nice too. We wandered through that area on our way home from a trip to New Mexico a few years ago. DH would like to retire where you live and since we have two homes here then we would keep one of them so we could come here to escape any extremes in weather.

But you know what? We had a child when we were 42 so that's going to be later rather than sooner:eek:!! (I wouldn't trade her for *anything* in the world though.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.