::: CHEETAHS ::: Tues., 10/3

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs!

Wendy :: sorry to hear you were in a funk yesterday, but it was good to see ya check in later on.

Jess :: 90 degrees in October??? Wow! I'm ready for the fall temps myself already! It's still in the mid to upper 70s here.

I'm planning on a run after school today...not sure if I will do weights or not. I have a huge paper due this Friday for one of my grad classes and after tackling all my other work, I only managed a slight dent in it this weekend. With my crazy schedule lately, I've been trying to be satisfied with just cardio and weights on alternate days if it has to be. I do feel like it's time to kick up the intensity again, but time mgmt. has been an issue. Oh well, at least I'm still doing SOMETHING, right?

Hope everyone has great workouts today! Will try to pop in again later.

-cathy :)

Good Morning.

Cathy, Do what you can until time allows for more. You'll be fine. :)

Jess, Will today's run be your first since the marathon??

Today will be Cathe cardio. I am working 8:30 to 11:30 this morning so no gym for me.

Hope everyone has a good day! I'll be back!:)

Hey Ladies:) I won't take a full rest today and will get some yoga in before work. My right ankle is still a bit swollen and tender if it gets torque while I'm walking. If I ever run another half I will have my gait assessed and do whatever it takes to keep my ankle happier!l

Cathy, sounds like you are doing A LOT!! Continuing with studies post grad when you have a career takes so much dedication and determination, really admirable that you can keep it all going and take care of yourself!! Hope you have a good run!

Wendy, what happened to your avatar and picture trail?? I miss seeing your smiling face:) Have a good day at work!!

I'll be back later to see what everyone's getting up to:)

Take care
Laurie

Good Morning Cathy, Wendy and Laurie. Just a quick check in befoer it gets busy here at work.

Cathy, like you my run will be after school this evening maybe around 8:30pm. This one will more than likely be at the gym as its been raining constantly here.

Wendy, hope you are feeling better today.

Laurie, I guess it is best to rest up that ankle. Again congratulations on your half.

I got Push/Pull out of the way this morning and after school tonight I'll get a run in.

Enjoy your day all and hello to all the cheetahs checking in soon.

Kim

Hi :7

I'm headed to the basement now to do Push Pull upper body X2. I think I will not do cardio today, because I will stack our wood which was delivered last week! Today might be the last good day to get it done before the weather turns.

Kim- how do you like PP?

Laurie- I hope your ankle issue subsides soon!

Jes- How is that first run post marathon? How is your knee?

Hi Wendy and Cathy and Carole and Barb and Christine and Shelly and Elaine and Laura and Fitlibrarian and the reat of you!!!!

Ok GTG time to fold laundry and workout....

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs

Laurie...wow....that had to be the sweetest post you wrote to me yesterday..:)...I did have tears...happy ones! For you to say how something I wrote inspired you to go out and train, run a half marathon and then to have the incredible experience you did, I am honored...and I truly mean that. I don't mind at all that it was partly my fault that you did the half marathon! You have touched my heart in a very special way...thank you...:)...so is there more running in your future? I'd take it easy for a few days, then you could do an easy 3 mile run. Have you tried icing your ankle?

Cathy...it really is good news John is coming home. I know the tough roads ares till there for him, but at least he will be closer to those that love him. I think due to your bust shcedule, you are doing great to get in the workouts you can!

Wendy...I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday too....hope a Cathe cardio will help make you feel better today!

Barb..I'll let you know whane I try the Jari DVD. I did enjoy iClimb 8!

Kim...thank you for your kind words. I think it is great you are running your first half marathon!! Is the weather in Miami similar to what you are training in, in the Bahamas? Speaking of weather we might get rain too today, it has been awhile...

Katrina...you did have a long workout yesterday!! Good job.

Jess...way to go on the pikes!!

Laura...I am with Cathy on seeing your SIL's reaction to you being on the front page of the paper!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

I am doing GS Legs standing and a 6 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs! I did finally get to sleep & slept well finally!! Of course I didn't want to get up this morning!

I think the weather report has changed already, it rained a bit this morning & feels cooler than what they were calling for. It should be nice for a run after I drop Allison off at school! Yes Wendy, this will be my first run since the marathon! I'm almost kinda nervous, mainly just afraid to feel that knee pain again!!! :eek: But I'm ready to get back at it!

Not too much else going on today. It was a nice night last night, the kids had fun playing outside.

Well, better get moving to get a few things done around here!

Hi cheetahs. Today is a 4 mile run. We'll be heading out tomorrow so after today I'll be resting until I do an easy 2 miler on Friday.

Everyone seems to be having a great day so far. Keep it up!

Carole, I sent you an email......

Good morning everyone!

This morning was the floorwork of GS Legs and a 5.5 mile run on the treadmill. I did not sleep well at all last night. I went to sleep, but woke up at 2:30 and did not go back to sleep x( I got up at 4:30 and did my workout, so here I am, at my desk (at work), about to fall asleep. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a great day! Will try to come back later ;-)

Linda

Good Morning all –

Did not get in a run yesterday as my legs were simply beat, but I did do Core Synergestics – great workout. Today is a 3 mile run, a BOSU class at the gym and a Yoga class (different instructor so we’ll see how I like her). My running shoes are shot, so I picked up another pair at DSW. Muzino’s – in Wendy’s honor. I’m going to wear them today and hope they work. They were really, really cushy and comfy in the store. Stupid, stupid time to be switching shoes, I know, but the last time I ran, I knew I could not wear my Rykas for a Half without killing my feet. I should be getting an official offer from another company today or tomorrow. I think this is the job I will end up taking. So, I’ll be able to get off the subject… :p And I’ll be up at 4AM to workout!

Cathy – Glad to hear you’re feeling good enough to workout again! YEAH!! Enjoy your school day and your run!! You are one busy Cheetah!

Wendy – I, too, am sorry you were not feeling too social yesterday! I hate days like that. Glad you managed to come out of it and are feeling better today! Enjoy your work day.

Laurie – sorry your ankle is sore! You’re smart to get it assessed. What a story – I’m still thinking about it!

Kim – Enjoy your afternoon run! And great job on Push/Pull! I don’t have that one. I think I’ll get it once I get a job.

Judy – Oh wow! Stacking wood is definitely a cardio workout – AND a weight one! Have fun with StackMax!

Carole – I love seeing you get your due! Laurie is right – you inspire so many of us! I would not be running a Half if it were not for you.

Jess – Enjoy your run! I hope your knee is better and you’re sleeping better tonight! How far are you going?

Elaine – only a few more days! WOW!! How exciting! Is your DH running this with you?

Linda – Hope you find some energy! Great workout though! Holy cow! GS Legs AND a 5.5 mile run BEFORE work? Amazing… *Bows low before Linda*

Laura – I LOVE that you’re going to be on the front page!! *Does Happy Dance with Laura around the room* I think it’s such poetic justice!!

Hiya again, got a little break so just thought I'd reply to some of your posts.

Judy - I'm really enjoying Push/Pull. When I first got it I would do the premixes instead of the workout itself, now when I'm in a pickle for time I just do it as produced. Those static lunges get me everytime.

Carole - The weather here in Nassau is pretty much the same as in Miami; our temperatures are always just about the same. That's one of the things I looked at when choosing the half. Thanks for looking out.

Jess - Hope your first run post marathon goes well. Sending good vibes for your knee.

Christine - Good luck with the job offer.

A good morning to Linda, Elaine, Laura and the rest to come.

Kim

Hi cheetahs!!

Sorry, not a lot of time for individual shoutouts again (I am running late, so I'd better get to GS BBS soon!!). Great to catch up with everyone, though :).

Jennifer

Hi I'm back for a minute while I sip my smoothie ( chocolate lite soy milk, chocolate soy powder, flax seed and frozen strawberries)!!!

Carole- Can you tell me, on a leg and run day will I be able to manage 4 or miles after doing leg work? I ahven't done legs prior to running before. But tomorrow I may have to due to time constraints. I am resting my legs today (except for stacking wood)

PP upper body x3 is done. I recommend it for time-effective-burn-for-your-minutes-upper-body-work!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Lol - Christine - it was just the "floorwork" of GS Legs this morning! I just didn't have it in me to do the whole thing this morning!

Linda

Injured Cheetah limping back around again.... darn knee!!

I made an attempt at a run this morning. First of all, my Garmin was dead (must have forgotten to turn it off last time!) but I know all of the routes pretty well around here so no big deal. I got Mikey out, boy was he excited! I walked out of the neighborhood & started to run. Felt good for about half a mile, then knee pain. UGH!! So I decided to walk a bit to see if that helped. Run again, knee pain. Just as I'm starting to feel sorry for myself my phone rings (I take my cell w/ me just in case). It's my Mom calling to tell me Grandma's pretty much in a comatose stage now. (the Dr. says that's common towards the end of cancer) I know that time is short now.

So I'm power walking & talking (walking doesn't hurt, just running) to my Mom. That made the time go by faster. Then I start feeling guilty that I'm feeling sorry for myself because I can't run when I have so many other wonderful things in my life. So no more feeling sorry for myself. I can power walk & I have my Cathe DVD's that I can do until I can run again. ;-) I have a wonderful family, a dh that loves & supports me, 3 beautiful kids, and lots more to be thankful for.

OK, feeling a bit emotional this morning now... thanks for reading. I must go shower & get ready to pick up Allison. I think maybe I'll pack a lunch & take her to the park on this beautiful day.

hi ladies,

sorry no time for personals- i am checking in from work. however i did read your posts and you ladies just never cease to amaze me. i am in total awe of all you.

this morning's workout was KM. starts out slow but just creeps up on you and eventually kicks your butt}(

i wanted to run this morning but my shins were kinda hurting me yesterday from sunday's run. x( so i didn't chance it. i am hoping to get in a run tomorrow.

wendy- i may have a running buddy!! i told my afterschool daycare lady about the 5k and she said she was very interested and may sign up. i sure do hope so. hope you feel better soon.

have a great day ladies. I will try to check back in later and do some personals.:)

Hi cheetahs--
Only a few seconds to post here today.

Jess-I'm sorry about your knee and your grandma. Hang in there. Don't be too hard on yourself feeling sad you can't run. It's not selfish, just human. I'll be thinking about you today.

Christine--fingers crossed for the job offer! 4 a.m. is early in CA. I get up at 4 or 4:30 here eastern time to try to get at least part of the day's exercise in. It's hard, but worth it when it works to get it out of the way!

Hi to everyone else.....

more later or tomorrow,
Barb:)
(did the elliptical iClimb 9 last night pretty fun...a 3 mile run this a.m. on the treadmill because it was pouring here this morning --I'm in Michigan, not the Bahamas or CA, the weather rudely reminds me! --and some slideboarding and abs for muscle flossing....)

Good morning ladies!

I am eating my blueberries and almonds right now and then I am off to do a 6.5 miler. It looks like it is going to rain,but I don't mind getting wet.

Cathy, sounds like your plate it pretty full. Do what you can and don't feel bad about it. I am learning that myself that some weeks are a little less intense and fewer miles than the last and that is okay. Have a great day.

Wendy, You are also a busy cheetah today. Have a great workout and where did your picture go and your trail?

Laurie, enjoy your yoga and take care of that ankle.

Kim, enjoy your run tonight. I used to always workout in the evenings, but ever since I have had kids I am too tired to do anything past 6pm.

Judy, I like Push pull, but never think of doing it for some reason. I hope you get your firewood stacked. It is definitley getting time for a fire and some hot chocolate...mmm

Carole, have fun with Gs legs and a run. I find GS legs has a realy fun factor and it goes by so fast.

Elaine, have with your run and I hope things are going well for you:)

Linda, 4:30 on the treadmill, WOW!!! Sounds like a great workout! I think you may need some caffeine though.

Christine, CONGRATS on the job. You must be glad that the whole decision process is over. Have a great workout today.

Jennifer, BSB is my fave gymstyle workout. I love the shoulder section.

Jess, I am so sorry to hear about your run and your grandma. And, yes we ALL have so much to be thankful for, but it is also okay to have a moment when you feel sorry for yourself. I hope your day gets better and I will thinking about your grandma.

Sunnydelite, Kickmax is one TOUGH workout. I never do it because I just dread the whole blast challenge. I am a wimp:(

Hello to everyone else and I am off to my run.

Cheers Cheetahs!

Susan

So I did the first 2 sections of RS today. I started doing the 3rd and gave up where I gave up the LAST time I tried learning this work out which is not even 5 mins into it!:p All in all it was about a 45 min work out. I'm satisfied.

Jess - Oh, man, I'm sending prayers to your Grandma! And I'm sorry about the knee!! I know you're icing it... Hope it feels better soon!

Wendy - RS is tough to learn - good job in getting 2 out of 3 sections on the second try!!

Well, I have a new favorite - BOSU class was a blast! This new gym has fabulous instructors, and the guy who taught was really, really good. I have discovered that the balance I thought was good, absolutely sucks! He had us standing on the thing and doing squats to an overhead press. I thought I was going to kill myself. But it was fun. My 3 mile run was interesting as I ate really badly yesterday, and had to run for the rest room at 2.5 miles. Sprint is a better word. Fortunately it was a local run, so I know where all of the restrooms are! I made it, but... And Yoga was cancelled - editing to add that yoga was cancelled as the instructor got caught behind a traffic accident - she was going to teach, but it would be a 45 minute wait - figured I didn't want to wait. Which was fine after all the other work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.