::: CHEETAHS ::: tryin' to beat the heat! 6.19 - Tues.

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs :) ~ last full day of school! The finish line’s in sight! :)

The graduation ceremony last night went well, and the weather was perfect. I didn’t get home until after 11, so it is taking me awhile to wake up here. I am one of those people who functions best with a minimum of 7 hours. But I plan to go in early and knock out the rest of the packing without interruptions.

Today, the rotation calls for a simple run and ab work, which will have to happen later in the evening as we are expecting more steamy temps today. I never understand the people I see running in the middle of the day when it is this hot.

Sunny :: good job getting a solid workout into a superbusy day!

Wendy :: cracked up about the ice cream run for DH…OK, you mentioned ice cream -- now I could go for some soft-serve! :p…glad you found a place that will transfer from video to DVD for you and you can get that ball rolling – I’m with you on waiting anxiously!!…No, I never heard of Belle Plantation…let us know how it is. I tried natural PB once and didn’t like it, so I’ll be curious to see what you think.

Hi to everyone ~ have an awesome Tuesday!
Cathy :)

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: tryin' to beat the heat! 6.19 - T...

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Update on last night's walk/run. HUMIDITY ABOUT KILLED ME!!! Other than that, hubby and I had a great time. 3.2 mile loop and did the walk 2 min, run 2 min, walk 2 min, run 2 min routine. At one point, we actually walked for about 6 minutes, but we picked up the earlier routine and finished everything in about 37 minutes. I run again with my two friends tomorrow and Friday. Additionally, it was 7:30 pm. I can't imagine what the humidity would be like any earlier in the day!!!!

I actually decided to sleep in until 4:30 today (quite an accomplishment for "Ms. OCD"). Decided I would do a cardio/ab workout tonight after work. This will be inside the house - I felt like a fish last night, so the Eliptical may be my choice for the cardio. After that, Cathe Abs, and then bed.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Stay cool,

Hi, Cathy & HEather.

Cathy-glad the graduaction was nice! ANd I can't imagine running in this heat either. Heck....I'm a fare-weather runner. No rain, no sleet, no high heat! LOL.

Heather-your run with DH sounds great. Be careful with that humidity.

As for me, this morning I did BBC's Butt & Legs plus the treadmill cardio portion for the first time. Not bad! I previewed it last night and thought I'd be bored and under-worked. But I was surprisingly wrong! lol It doesn't even compare in the least to Cathe. But it was good. I really pushed it on the TM so I was dripping with sweat by the time I was done. I'll be hanging onto these, at least for now, to try them all out and see how it goes. I like the idea of having something different to throw in when I feel I need a change.

Today will be Mow Max. I'm going to walk/push mow the whole yard. Should take me about 2 hours (guess I could have skipped this AM's cardio, hugh? LOL). Gotta get it done before the 95 degree temps sore!

Gayle

Good morning ladies,

i taught my bootcamp class this morning. had 3 attendees!! i am also instructing tonight.

cathy- yay! summer break is here! do you take off in the summer or do you work a summer job?

heather- sounds like a serious workout you have planned today.

gayle- BBC legs and butt sneaks up on!

shelly- i don't mind the questions..keep 'em comin', lol. i teach a bootcamp class (30 min) and then right afterwards a 15 min ab class. i am getting certified in metabolic effect this weekend. some of you might remember me talking about this class previously. once i am certified i will instruct that class also. how's the reunion going, wink, wink.

today's workout is a (tm)run and isculpt 12. (full body)

ttyl...:)

Morning Cheetahs!

I have ISculpt Ballet and a TM run on tap for today.

Cathy: Here's the scoop on PB2. It's only made with peanuts and salt though so if you are not a fan of natural you probably won't dig it but the nutritional make-up is soooo different! I can eat it all the time now!!!!:9 }( :9

Made with USA grown peanuts that are slow-roasted and pressed to remove fat. All natural with no additives. PB2 has the same consistency as full fat peanut butter with all of the natural roasted peanut flavor but with 75% less fat calories.
PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter is mixed with water to create a traditional peanut butter mixture. It is also wonderful for recipes that call for peanut butter. (browse recipes)

Ingredients include: Peanuts, salt, sugar (NO preservatives)

Nutritional Values
Serving size = 2 tablespoons (12 grams)

Calories 54.138
Fat Calories 25.44
Total Fat 2.84g
Saturated Fat .55g
Cholesterol 0g
Sodium 94.4mg
Carbs 3.7g
Dietary Fiber .3g
Sugars 1g
Protein 4.3g

Heather: I know what you mean about the humidity....I've taken a few running classes and the 2nd class I took was during last summer. It started at 6:30pm and it's still brutal outside at that time. I skipped the class a couple of times because I could hardly breathe the thick air standing still. There was NO WAY I was running in it! They do not cancel class for much though and many still went and participated. NUTS! That is so cool that your DH runs with you. I gave my DH a gym membership to the same gym I belong to for Christmas. He said he wanted to start working out and if we went together it would be more motivating. Well, he has good intentions but between work and the usual excuses (LOL), he hasn't gone much. :-( We are supposed to go together tonight but I have a feeling I'll be goin' solo again...

Gayle: Glad you liked Butt and Legs. I am pissed that I don't have a TM at home. I would love to give BBC's TM cardios a shot but I can't. :-( Ultimately I would like to get a TM in my home but there is just no room for it in this house except for maybe in the spare room upstairs but that would be waaay noisy on the 2nd floor and DS sleeps up there so I wouldn't be able to use it during my major work out times (when he's sleeping)! Why bother? ACK! Oh well...some day. Anyway, Butt and Legs really gets in there. I love it. I love the whole series. Have fun with mowmax!:p

Hi Sunny! We were posting at the same time! So you are teaching 2 BC classes today? Did this morning's class go well? :)

Good morning all! Checkin in with the east coast cheetahs again:)
Had a wonderfully delicious dinner of paella last night made by DH.
Today we take off for Little Egg Harbor and a couple of days of playing on the water. No internet connection available at that house though so I'll be incommunicado for a couple of days:( This morning I was up as usual at 0600 (you'd never know I was a night shift worker!) and took my little portable DVD player out to the back patio and did PlyoX and Tracey's CSF hi lo. Had a fun sweaty time! I'll get in some abs and yoga later today most likely.

Wendy- You're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with your PT certification!!! That must make you feel so good:) I'm really impressed with this PB2. I'll have to check that out. I can take or leave PB but my DH LOVES it and he can definitely use a healthier version. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy- wooooohoooo LAST Day! I think teachers look forward to this more than students. Will you be truly breaking over the summer or will you do what my sister does and keep busy with tutoring and her own education? Hope you can get in a good run later.

Heather- Hiya! Sounds like you got in a good walk/run with your DH yesterday. I live in Arizona but am currently vacationing in New Jersey and am having to deal with this humidity. It's quite a change for me. I feel like I'm trying to breathe through water when I'm running and it doesn't take long before I'm a drippy mess.
It's great that you have an elliptical. Alot of the runners on this check in use them regularly, myself included--- fantastic form of crosstraining.

Gayle- I knew you would like the BBC series. Is the Legs workout the first one you've done? Personally, I think this is one of the easier ones, but still a good workout. The Arms and Abs is a killer!
I think your real workout today is the megamowmax:eek: Good luck!

SunnyD- I bet the attendance on your classes will be skyrocketing in no time. I remember your talk about the metabolic effect class. Sounds scary:eek: You're going to be teaching spinning also, right?
You are going to be extremely in demand with your versatility!

Time to go roust DH out of bed and get moving. Hopefully I can check back in later before we leave.

tata

ShellyC

Good morning all - I got up and ready to go on a 3.5 mile run when DH woke up and wanted to go for a walk. So, I decided to change plans because anytime I can go for a walk and spend some time with DH I most definitely will ;-) ;-) .

So, I walked 30 minutes with him this morning and this afternoon after work I'm going to do my run before going home. The weather is going to be beautiful - high 70's and very low humidity. I'm so excited it's been so hot and humid that it's just miserable outside. I'll be doing some ab work, too, hopefully.

Have a great day everyone, I'll hopefully be back to do personals and see how everyone is doing.

Marcia.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...as usual the massage was wonderful. Wow..the last day is here! I have never understood the runners I see when the temps are high either....crazy. Enjoy your run and ab work.

Heather...Welcome! I get my negative A sports bras at Target. I like the champion brand, one has a bit of padding to make the negative a little positive...:)..My DH isn't much of a workout person either, but I do try! Sounds like you got thru the walk/run well despite the humidity. I love my Elliptical and use it about 2 times a week.

Gayle...Yes BBC is good for a change and Nadia does fry up those legs. You might want to mute Rich though (Chest & Abs)...LOL!!!

Sunny..is 3 attendees for your BC class better than last week? Enjoy your tm and iSculpt workout.

Wendy...I try for a monthly massage. I will have to check out that Peanut butter, my DH loves it. So it is powdered?? Enjoy your TM and iSculpt ballet...

Shelly...yes, treat yourself to a massage, they are wonderful. Hope you had a good Squeeze workout. Sounds like DH makes a killer Paella! Good job with PloyX and Tracey's workout...

Marcia..sounds like a nice walk with DH. I would love high 70's for our temps!!

Judy...yes, we do listen to music while we paint. My DH can do it without but I like to listen to something. Good job on the 9 miles....I am slow too!!

Christine..sounds like your Father's Day was really nice...:)..I was definitely happy not to fall again on that trail.

Jackie...so how do you like Jari?....Computer issues can be such a pain!

Jess...How nice you got to see Scot again. Sounds like you also had a great Father's Day!

I am planning on Legwork, abs and a 5 mile run, and then http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/fishing3.gif[/img] fishing on the lake with my DH and Sadie....:)

Have a great day...

Question about BBC. Is it really worth the money? I have been reading a lot of posts about it and they all are positive. I have many, many Cathe DVDs, Jari, and Amy Bento. Should I skip the BBC or is this a good collection to add to my existing one?

I think HSN has the BBC collection for $35, and that IMO is a very good deal. They are weight wise more of endurance workouts. The cardio can be tough but the TM sections can be fun...:)

May consider buying them.

My "Wanna-be-Cheetah" husband (LOL!)wanted me to ask you guys a question about running. Does the length of your stride matter when you run, and if so, do the different strides affect different parts of your legs? I told him that my calves really feel it going slower (as did his).....when I lengthened my stride the pounding on my calves let-up. Probably a very simple answer.....

>Question about BBC. Is it really worth the money? I have
>been reading a lot of posts about it and they all are
>positive. I have many, many Cathe DVDs, Jari, and Amy Bento.
>Should I skip the BBC or is this a good collection to add to
>my existing one?

I have the BootCamp set and LOVE it! I definately feel it's a good addition to your collection. I value it more then Jari's stuff at this point and I really like her too. BBC is a work out rotation all on it's own. You don't need to add or change anything and you are good to go!

Shelly: Have fun playin' in the water and make sure to wave when you pass exit 117 on the parkway!:+ :+ :+

Marcia: Sounds like great weather for your run today. ENJOY IT!

Carole: Yes, the pb is powdered and they say you just add water to it. I've heard it's great!:9 Have fun fishing! I'm jealous! :+

Hey Cheetahs:) I've been AWOL for a bit, lots of distractions around here as we get through the last big push before everyone's done school. Elizabeth is all done, prom is on Thursday, Marley's writing a history exam right now and Faith has been asked to MC her school's grade 8 grad on Monday. Things at the clinic have been insane...major falling out between the 2 chiros, the owner is a power tripper and the other one's sick of the BS and abuse...it's been a long time coming. I've been offered a job at a brand new state of the art gym, they'll be offering massage therapy, physio and chiro...I haven't negotiated details yet but am seriously considering it. I'm nervous as heck about it but Laurie practising massage therapy in a gym sounds like a very good fit! Maybe I'd start teaching classes again. My head has been in a spin thinking about change and if my regulars will follow me and the fallout from the clinic owner and AAAAHHHH!!!!!x( :eek: :eek: :eek: I've been running and cycling lots, helps me so much to think and/or not think:) Today was Absolute Kickboxing and the kicking punching drill from PowerStrike2. Perfect fit for today. Sorry to prattle on so much but I'm kinda stressing (good and bad stress).

Cathy, glad grad went so well:) I hear you about the midday runners, makes me hot and tired just watching them. Hope you can catch up on your sleep tonight. Well rested puts a different slant on everything!

Heather, welcome to Cheetahville:)

Carole, fishing with your hubby and Sadie sounds like such a nice way to spent the day....do you catch and release or does DH keep them. What kind of fish would be biting where you are?

Gayle, have fun with MowMax, good for you (and the environment) using a push mower! I love mowing the lawn:)

Sunny, WOW 2 classes and a workout!! You go GIRL!}(

Wendy, powdered PB hey? What a concept! Thanks for sharing. I'm loving all natural almond butter these days, a little dabbed on a big medjool date....hmmmm so yummy:9 :9

Shelly, sounds like you and DH are having a wonderful time. An early morning workout on a patio sounds lovely.

Marcia, enjoy the temps, it's beautiful here too, feels like some thunderstorms brewing though...that's okay, we love thunderstorms:)

I'd better get moving. Hey to everyone checking in later. Cheetahs ROCK!!!!

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning Cheetahs!

Started my post this morning but forgot boss was coming for a visit today. So, I had to log off.

Heather - Hi and welcome to the kingdom of Cheetahs! Count me as another A negative in the bra dept. I shop sales and I like TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I also ordered one from Champion and I actually love that thing. I love BBC simply because I like changing things up. IMO they're good workouts.

Shelly - Can't wait to see pics of the mini Cheetah meet. Know you girls are going to have so much fun. Glad you got in a good workout today! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Jess - Laughing at how you got your screen name. Really cute.:)

Cathy - The computer survived me and it's running much better today. Found out anti-virus software was being updated and it slowed everything down. Happy to hear graduation went off without a hitch.

Wendy - I've ordered the PB2 a couple of times. I usually put it in oatmeal, yogurt, pudding and mix it with regular pb. I like the stuff. Glad you're getting your video transferred. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Gayle - Glad you enjoyed BBC! I love the workouts!

Sunny - Here's hoping you have more attendees tonight. At least, it's giving you a chance to work all of the kinks out of your routine.

Marcia - Nice walk with DH! Glad you got to spend the time with him.

Carole - Glad you enjoyed your massage. Jari is ok as long as I can tune her out talking about calories burned. Ripped 1000 is my favorite followed by Ripped to the Core. Slim & Lean have a few too many squats and lunges for me and the ol' knees don't care too much for them. She's good for definition too.

Laurie - Prom! Brings back memories of my children getting ready for it. Hope DD has a blast. The new job offer sounds great. How many hours a week would you have to work? Hope everything works out for you.

I did iTread #1 40 minutes, iClimb #3 20 minutes and Cathe's basic stretch.

Boss is gone and I need to catch up on a few things. Will check back later. Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Shelly-I cannot BELIEVE I’ve never thought of using my portable DVD player outside or on camping trips. What an AWESOME idea! Sheesh! Somebody hit me over the head! LOL Have fun!

Wendy-thanks for the info on PB2. I’m gonna check it out!

Carole-thanks for the tip on Rich! LOL I’ll let you know!

Heather-I bought BBC last week when HSN had that sale that Carole’s talking about. It may still be marked down. I have all of Cathe’s workouts (except the beginner ones). Besides them, the only other workouts DVDs I own is a Power Yoga by Rodney Yee, and now these BBCs. I’ve been looking for something to add to my collection, just for those times when I feel like something different than Cathe. As I try these out, I’ll let you know. But, I think for the price of $40 which included shipping, this was an excellent deal, even if I turn around in 3 months and sell them! LOL

Laurie-my head is spinning just reading about what’s all going on in your life right now. I think “Laurie practicing massage therapy in a gym” does indeed sound AWESOME!

MowMax is done. 2 hours. 11am and the humidity is kicking already. Thank goodness that's done, though, cuz they're calling for rain tonight and all day tomorrow. The garden is LOVING this weather of hot days followd by a day or 2 of rain. Tomato plants are getting big, as are the zucchini and eggplant plants. YUMMY! Can't wait for them to start sprouting!

Time to clean up. Kids are at our Summer Recreation Program from 9-12 every day, weather permitting, that is held at the town park/pool. So I've got some quiet time on the dry days.

Forgot to mention that older DS made the travelling all-star baseball team that he tried out for 2 weeks ago. He made the team, but the coach isn't sure yet which 12 are the travelling team and which 3 are the alternates. It's time for DS to IMPRESS! lol

Gayle

Laurie: How awesome would that be if you could massage and teach a couple of classes in a gym all the while getting a membership for free...most likely anyway! So cool! I hope it works out for you!:)

Jackie: Great cardio work out today! Glad to hear you like the PB2 as well. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I'm very excited! It is supposed to be delivered today! Just in time for my post work out snack(s) that I love soooo very much...p/b and bananas or a protein shake with the same in it!:9 :9 :9

I am getting antsy to do my ISculpt but I can't until nap time and I'm not putting DS down for about another hour...The agony! LOL

ETA: Hi Gayle...we were posting at the same time AGAIN! lol

ALL RIGHT ALREADY! I boiught some PB2. lol Shipping was kind of high, but if it allows me to eat HEALTHY peanut butter without feeling guilty, then so be it! Can't wait to have some on my celery! YUMMY!

Gayle

Gayle: Keep me posted on the BBC, K? I am about "one click" from ordering it!

Marcia: We aren't the only ones who work out with DH, are we?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.