::: CHEETAHS ::: toast 'em tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

We are expecting some interesting winter weather this afternoon, so it could be a hairy commute. I’m supposed to have a meeting with some bigwigs after school re: my message boards proposals (some of you may remember me talking about this back in August), but I wonder if it may be re-scheduled. Anyway, tonight will be 4DS CST and cardio (KB, BC, or EXT).

Just a few personals to catch up with:

Lorie :: hope you slept well & enjoyed your w/out this morning. I have had a string of nights where I’ve crashed way early.

Christine :: what a brilliant idea for a food, er, uh, SPEECH assignment. ;) Love the way you think! Poor Jim. I hope he’s doing better today.

Wendy :: how are you feeling this morning? Hope your shift goes quickly for you.

Lori :: yep, we do read ‘em all. See? :7 Been meaning to ask, how’s everything going with your DD?

All right, ladies, have a great Tuesday! BBL.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

cathy beat my post my one minute, so let's use hers...

i am up early and about to figure out my w/o. still thinking circuit circus. not much to report since my last post last night. just wanted to get things started.

i will be back later. i have my yucky early mornign meeting. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif

cathy-please be careful commuting today.

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I am up to get a run in before baby group. Hoping to get 8 miles in but Im not to sure on my energy levels! Still can't beleive I signed up for a night shift tonight. That means 3 in a row!;(
I have some major DOMS from last nights workout. Everytime I rolled over in bed I could feel it! LOL My tris and chest are the worst and Im sure the rest will kick in at some point today.

Cathy** DD is pretty good. She went to my moms house the other day and while she was there she was hanging out with a friend who is a couple of yrs older then her. Then she landed herself a boyfriend..LOL..which didn't really bother me b/c my mom lives 90 mins away and I knew she was never gonna see this boy. But for some reason she thought I was going to let her go to her friends house and hang out with this boy on weekends! Can you f^&*ing imagine? We had bit of a tiff over that. She was sitting eating her supper and she kept saying "you won't let me see him" and I kept saying, " YOUR E-LE-VEN~!" Tears were streaming down her face..haha! She just wasnt' getting it. Of course it was a short lived relationship and only lasted a day:7 She thinks she is 11 going on 20...and thats her problem. Other then that she hasn't been to bad lately. It all depends on who she hangs out with. Sometimes her attitude changes from friend to friend and it drives me nuts!

Lorie** You snuck in on me! Is tantrum girl b/c you don't want to workout or b/c Cathy beat you to the post!? LOL Enjoy your workout, whatever ou decide!

O.k...I have to get this run started!

Lori:)

Good morning ladies,

cathy- be careful on your way to work today. using my best ebert voice (lol) yes, i do believe you will really like ic#2. wink, wink.

lorie- you are too cute with tantrun girl. sorry about the early morning meetings. i hate meetings.

lori- i hope you can get in your longer run today. so sorry to hear about DD and her woes. i absolutey dread my boys hitting the "double digits". not sure why kids think because they hit those numbers it makes them growner than they are. ((HUGS))

wendy- (hangs head in shame) i did what i said i wasn't going to do to avoid temptation. i opened the febuary TT rotation and well to be honest i jumped on it immediately:eek: . it just looks like an awesome rotation and it has kb work in them, feeding my love for kb's right now. sooooooooo sorry. i hope you feel better today.

christine- yesterday i ordered steve cotters kb challenge!! highly endorsed by the kb vfers:7

yesterday i did the Turbulence training workout of the day ( i am now going to do the feb rotation) it was just too good to pass up. i have DOMS everywhere!! also added a 20 min. icycle after the workout. for you icycle lovers 1cycle #3 20 mins is a really goodie. tough, tough tough}( :D

last monday was my first time teaching my total body conditioning class. i had 4 people come to the class. yesterday the room was completely filled!! i couldn't believe it. the 4 people that came the first time said they told everyone how good of a class it was. wooohooo!!

today i am doing a 40 min iclimb.

have a great day wonderful ladies!!

Good Morning Girls.

I am up and going to work with the yucks following close at my side. :( The nyquil helped me sleep better but I still don't feel well. I took ibuprofen as soon as I got up so hopefully that will help me get through work today. If I really feel cr@ppy and it's not too crazy I can ask one of the girls if they can stay later to cover the last 30 mins I am usually alone and skeedaddle early so we'll so how it plays out...

Cathy: Good luck with the message boards meeting although I must say I hope it gets rescheduled if they weather really IS going to be bad.

Lorie: Have fun at that meeting this morning!:p

Lori: Hope you enjoyed your early morning run. Oh I know what it's like to sleep with DOMS. LOL

Sunny: Good job on the total body conditioning class. Gotta love that positive feedback! I can't believe you caved on me and abandoned the X+ rotation, you stinker! LOL I can't be mad though cause we all know how easily my attention can be diverted when it comes to working out as well. :7 If you will wait for me, I am still interested in joining you on a NROL4W rotation....unless I really hate the book for some reason. :p

Looks like that catches me up. I'm not even going to discuss what's on tap work out wise for me today since I have no clue if a work out is even in my future!x(

BBL!

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

Today is a much needed rest day. No rushing around this morning *sighs in contentment* Jimmy is a lot better after his trip to the vet. We are still waiting to see what has caused the partial blockage, but at least he can keep food down and he’s a lot more bright eyed. Thanks for putting up with my worries over him the past few days!

Wendy – Hope you’re feeling better soon honey! I’m cracking up over your description of your phone! Hey, if it does what you need it to do, why spend money on a fancy gadget. Me, I’m a gadget hound, but I fully respect those who are not. And flip phones are pretty darned cool!! :p

Lorie –You’re so right. I know I talk about my dog as if he’s a kid. He’s rather spoiled rotten. Well behaved and a big ole love, but spoiled rotten. My real babies are almost grown so Jimmy gives me something to love on until I have grandkids (which I hope is a while down the road!). I have taken my daughter to work – it’s actually easier in most companies to take a child over a dog, but Jimmy is welcome at my current office. I just take care not to abuse that privilege. Oh, I hear you on your DD11 – my DD18 was like that – a boyfriend since she was 10 – but that was more like you’d expect – they said they were “going together” and saw each other in school. They might hold hands so people knew, but that was it. But they grow up sooo fast nowadays. Even DD15 who a kid for much longer, has a boyfriend now.

Cathy – I hope you get a snow day soon and that the interesting winter weather isn’t too interesting! And concerning the food speech – that was the easiest demonstrative speech I could find to give (although DD15 gave one in 5th grade on how to wash a dog – poor Tucker was the “volunteer” for that one – it was a really cute speech – she got an A+ on it).

Lorie – Have fun with your workout! I hate early morning meetings! (or meetings of any kind, actually).

Sunny – oh man! I’m jealous! My kb budget was just eaten by the dog (literally – with the Vet yesterday). Let me know how you like it and AOS. March will be strictly for KB’s I think. I want to see what working with them exclusively does for me. WAY TO GO ON YOUR CLASS!!! I just KNEW you’d be one awesome teacher! Especially after talking on the phone with you – that you just care is obvious. I’m sure that translates to your classes.

I hope everyone has a great day. I’m going to enjoy sitting on my butt this morning!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks for asking about John...he is still struggling somewhat, not unexpectedly. He had a bout with some antibiotics and pain meds similar to Wendi's. He has had a nasty bedsore on one side of his glutes that he has not kept track of so it takes even more time to heal. I just feel for him and I believe the whole family is in counseling which should help...I am very glad DH is keeping up with the exercises. Be careful on your commute this morning.

Lorie...good job with the yoga last night. I love the firewalkers but am omitting them as I am avoiding exercises which might aggravate my outer thigh/hip area. Sorry about the early morning meeting...:(

Lori...hope you get in your 8 miles. Isn't DOMS nice...:)

Sunny...that is great news how quick your total body class filled up!! Enjoy your iClimb.

Wendy...I remember when I got my 1st flip phone...yep all of my friends had had them forever!! You might be happy you got blue tooth if your laws change and they ticket you for driving and talking on your cell unless you have the blue tooth! Our laws in Calif will change this July. So sorry about the crud lingering...it is not fun at all being sick and having to work. Hope you feel better later.

Christine..I bet Jimmy was happy to get back home. I hope he will feel much better now that they fixed the blockage. Enjoy your rest day and no rushing around. Give Jimmy a ((HUG)) for me...:)

Holy Moly I have some lower body DOMS today!! I am amazed as I even lightened up some weights with B&G...should make todays leg workout fun!! I am planning on GS BSB, abs and a run. Then later today I will do freestyle: front lunges on a step, squats, calf raises, and some light ankle weight leg exercises; rear leg lifts, extensions and curls.

Have a great day...:)

lori-wtg on trying to get in a workout before baby group! i am sure you will find the energy to do as much as you want.

sunny-meetings...yeah. unfortunately, they're a big part of my job. i don't mind when they start at a decent hour!!! WTG on filing up the room for your class!!!

wendy-i really think you should rest until you are feeling 95-100%. i'm not gonna lecture you, but remember what happened to me when i wasn't feeling well and ran that race...bronchitis and sinusitis...i was out of work for four days and NO working out!!!

christine-i am so glad jimmy is doing better. my babies ARE my kids and i hate it when one of them is unwell. fortunately, we haven't had too many things happen.

carole-oh, i didn't think about firewalkers aggravating the hip. hmmm...maybe i shouldn't do them right now although my hip feels better.

so, today's workout was iTread circuit circus. i really like it, it keeps my attention well. the only thing i did differently is after grace was done for the second time, i noticed i didn't have much more to make it to 5 miles, so i paused and ran five, then, had to go and do knee jumps with mimi! ugh! like i said before, the only criticism i have about that workout is that there is very little time on the EXT, but i guess that's why it's listed under the iTreads.

okay, gotta get to work! i'm already tired and want to go home and the day's just started!!!x(

Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - Sure hope Jimmy is feeling better. Poor puppy. He was probably happy to see you when you picked him up from the vet. Enjoy your rest day.

Carole - Glad you're feeling good about the freestyle rotation. So sorry to hear about John and the bedsore. Those are no fun. Yay for the DOMS. Enjoy your workout today.

Wendy - Sounds like you made a good decision putting the workout off. Hope you're feeling better today. I think the X C&B is the toughest workout of them all. Hope you get to leave work early today and get some more rest.

Cathy - Probably too much on your mind causing all the crazy dreams. I have some doozies at times to. Be safe out there today. Good luck with your meeting if it happens.

Lorie - Glad you're enjoying Eion so much. Is he good to look at too? Glad the weight is staying stable too. Sorry about the early morning meeting. Good workout today!

Lori - Sorry work is such a PIA. Yes, we must take care of the pearly whites. Hope the 3 nights of OT go by fast. Hope you got in your 8 miles today.

Sunny - Yay for having more people in class! It's good that your reputation is preceding you. :) Enjoy your iclimb workout.

Hello to all others.

I did CC #4 and What I Want Fitness stretch. My hamstrings and glutes are really sore today and that hampered my run. Don't know why because I worked chest and back yesterday. I did manage to get in 4.5 miles but didn't go all out. Actually, my whole body is sore.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs! Never made it here yesterday I'm afraid :(
Work was just a steady crazy busy all Sunday nite. My hospital used to be a pretty nice relatively sedate place to work. It was such a nice change after working so many years in "high intense" large hospitals. Well, that's all changing with the growth in the area.
It's absolutely insane now and terribly draining... even for me with my iron constitution. We have nurses dropping out left and right with sick calls now on top of it. Can't say that I blame them to be honest. Sorry about that.... enough whining about my job!

Yesterday after a nap I felt like a good sweaty cardio session to decompress from work so I ended up doing all of Hi Lo Dome and then tackled IMAX3--- whew.... felt much better! ;-)

Okay, for today I'll do an iTread.... #14 and hope to get in a good 6-7 miles and later ME!

I'll be back with personals

ShellyC

Back for personals! Just got some bad news I'm afraid. DH and I were terribly excited because we had found THE perfect place for us in Pennsylvania. DH was ready to hop on a plane he was so thrilled.
We just now found out that it just came under contract... missed it! :( Oh well, we'll keep looking.

Cathy- Hope your meeting goes well for you today! I'm so looking forward to relocating and becoming and Eastern cheetah.

Lorie- The circuit circus is a fun one and it moves so quickly no time to get bored.... perfect for me! Hope your meeting is going well and won't drag on too long.

Lori- At least you should have a nice fat paycheck now to compensate for all those nite shifts! Good luck today with your 8 miler on the TM. Eeks, boyfriend problems already with your 11y/o DD????

SunnyD- That is great that the word of mouth got out with your class.
You must be some instructor!!! Well, we all knew that already I guess. They are going to have to make reservations way in advance soon for you!

Wendy- Sorry you have to work today when your feeling like crud:(
I know for me, the meds leave me feeling worse. Sympathy vibes for ya babe!

Christine - Poor Jimmy! I'm so glad to hear he's doing better now!
It would be nice to know what caused the blockage in the first place though! You should be so relieved anyway... have a great rest day.

Carole- Thank you for your sage and wonderful advice re: my marathon training. I do believe there really will be too much going on with our relocation plans and realistically it is impractical to be training at this time. It does relieve some pressure right now.. I will stick to long runs every week or two of about 10 miles I think so it wont be too hard to start training again when the time is right. Your own run may be a tad challenging today with those lower body DOMS... good luck!

Jackie - Sounds like you have some very delayed soreness in the lower body... maybe from the day before? Anyway... great job in getting in those miles anyway!

That's about it for now. Time to get busy with my own run... I'm feeling so let down now:( We really were excited about that property.

tata

ShellyC

Hello Cheetahs! Sorry to be MIA for so long. Life has taken over my free time.

Let’s see what has been going on since I last posted I think Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon I had to pick DS up from school because they thought he had chicken pox. We went straight to the doctor’s office and they diagnosed him with viral hives. His back, neck, and stomach were covered with clusters of hives. At 9:30 that night his whole stomach and back was one big hive. He also had them on his legs and neck. That Friday morning the hives on his back and stomach were gone, but then he had the hives on his hands, arms, legs, butt, and face. The benadryl took the edge off, but by lunch time his eyes were covered with hives. Needless to say, I kept him home from school Friday. Surprisingly by Saturday they were completely gone. I think my doctor will soon have to start charging me room and board since I have been there so much. That makes twice last week he went to the doctor, Tuesday & Thursday.

My exercising has not been what I would like for it to be. I hope I will be ready for my March races and April HM. Saturday I took our springer spaniel, Chelsea, and DD in the baby jogger for a run outside. It was around 50 degrees and beautiful. I was only able to run 2.75 miles because Chelsea is not accustomed to running long distances yet and did abs afterwards. It was nice to be able to run outside for a change. Sunday, I had a rest day. Yesterday I did GS C&T supersets during my lunch hour and ran 4 miles with itread 11 on the treadmill last night. It was a nice workout. Today my triceps are experiencing DOMS.

It is amazing how quickly the weather has changed. Yesterday our temps plummeted and we didn’t make it past 27 degrees. By the afternoon, into last night, we got about 1 ½ inches of snow covered by ½ inch of ice. It was interesting taking the kids to the car at 6:45 this morning without falling on my butt. I made it to the daycare only to find out that it was on a 2 hour delay. So I took my kids into work with me. We only had to wait 45 minutes before they opened at 8. At 6:45 the roads were icy, but by 8 they were mostly clear with a little slush, mainly because we are now experiencing a lot of rain.

Not sure what today’s workout will be, probably a long ab workout. My body could use the rest since I was up with DS and DD last night from 1-3. DS’s eczema was itching and hurting him so I had to rub his legs until he finally fell asleep, which took forever. Tomorrow will be a double workout GS Legs & treadmill run so that should make up for my laziness.

Anyway, that is the latest from me. Sorry I haven’t had time to do any personals. I hope everyone is doing okay. Maybe by this afternoon I will be able to have some free time at work to catch up. WAVES to all my cheetah friends!

Hello!

Y-day was the never-ending day! Just playing catch up from the tournament Sat. I also thought that big snow was coming so I tried to do a lot of stuff out of the house y-day. The only think I did workout wise was GS-shoulders and biceps, since I did back on Sunday. I then did PH abs on the Bosu. Um, Cathy mind explaining how you stayed on that thing once Cathe raised her legs. ha ha! Guess I have some work to do! I was supposed to get cardio in when I finally got home, but time got away from me. :( Anyway, today was a 5.25 treadmill run (nice and steady) while I watched most of Lost. I did GSL (standing only) and a 15 minute stretch for the 2nd part. I have to go catch on the threads....I'll be back for personals. :)

OK, that snow is really coming down now and DD is probably on her way back from Chicago (field trip to the museum). :eek: My stomach will be twisted until I see her little face.

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

:) :) :) PERSONALS :) :) :)

Cathy ~ I can e-mail you with the detox info. Or you can give me call. It may be easier. :) Dh is just finishing it now. The 4th day is the hardest. Have fun with your workout! Be careful out there!

Judy ~ Good luck with your tournament weekend!! Boy, travel is whole 'nother story. :eek: I hear hockey is way more intense. Sounds like you got a great workout plan for the next two weeks.

Wendi ~ Way to go on B&G. That one always gets me. }(

Wendy ~ How are you feeling? Hope you got some extra rest. That's probably what you need right now. You know when I wasn't feeling well awhile back..I took this and it made me feel much better:

http://www.oscillo.com/

I was up/down as well. It was a weird thing. YUCK!!

Christine ~ Glad Jimmy is feeling better. Poor puppy! :( I like that approach for Slo Mo legs. Don't you find that two sets are enough anyway with that workout?

Carole ~ Glad the hip is doing ok! You're being so smart about it! :) Looks like it was a B&G day y-day. Do you think DOMS can build up? I've noticed workouts that have given me some good DOMS and other times none. Just wondering if you think working legs more frequently gives you DOMS more easily? Does that make sense?

Lorie ~ Nice workouts! You do both GS-BSB and GS-CT in the same day? Premixes? Original? Woo hoo either way!! :) Can the circus workout be used w/treadmill and spin bike? I have it, but haven't used it yet because I don't have an EXT. I was thinking it would make me get to the gym. ;-)

Lori ~ Did you get your 8 miles in? Way to go on the DOMS!! }( I'm so not ready to go there with DD. :eek:

Jackie ~ Are you done picking out all the things that go into a new house? That was tough trying to match colors, etc. Interior decorator I am NOT. LOL! Great workouts! Good luck with your DOMS. My legs finally "thawed" out y-day. ha ha!

Sunny ~ Now what is a Turbulence Training rotation? I think you mentioned before, but I never got to check the link out. Way to go on the class!!! :)

Shelly ~ (((((HUGS))))) So sorry about that property. I'm sure something will come up. I know it's hard when you had your heart set on the first property. :( Have fun on your run!

Kristi ~ Oh my! What in the world happened to ds? What is he allergic to? You poor thing! ((((HUGS)))) Your workout tomorrow is the same as mine today except I break up GSL into two workouts (standing & floor on separate days.)

Posh ~ IA with your dh and the rest of the girls, I wouldn't sweat it either. You'll get back on track. Glad you popped in here. Was wondering what happened to you!

It took longer to read/catch up....the door bell, the nurse from school called (my son's hand was stepped on in gym class) :(, ds5 had several questions and bathroom excursions (He doesn't like to go alone....ha ha).

Have a great day!

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

Good Afternoon Cheetah-Babes!

Well, I ended up feeling fine at work all morning after taking that ibuprofen and still felt okay up until I would normally work out so I decided to go for it! I needed it for my mental well-being if nothing else. I'm done now and still feel fine physically. I actually feel BETTER as I was sleepy before and now I'm more awake!:) Mentally I feel TONS better! It's amazing how my work outs make a world of difference in that regard!

I did 4DS legs/calves and Interval X+. That was a nice evil combo for the legs!}( :7 }(

I guess I should get in a shower now before I offend the dog!:p :7

BBIAB! :)

Glad you feel better Wendy! Way to go on the workout! Yeah, don't be offending the dog...he may turn on you. LOL!

I meant to ask everyone: What kind of protein powder/recovery drink do you use? I had the P90X one, but it is really sweet. Between dh and I we're about to finish it off. Any suggestions?

Check this out:

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/74619.asp?promo=QSearch

Don't think I want to spend that kind of money on something like that, but the description makes me want to add jump roping into the mix. :)

Dallas

Cathy – Be careful on your commute. I hope your meeting is rescheduled.

Wendy – Sorry you haven’t been feeling well. Great job getting in your workout today. Oh, BTW, I got my P90X+ today. I’ve been dancing around the room in joy. Maybe I can find some time tonight to preview these workouts.

Dallas – Great idea splitting up the GS Legs into two days. I might have to steal your idea. The doctor thinks DS was exposed to some kind of virus that his body obviously didn’t like. Everything else has been the same such as detergent, food, etc. I hope DD gets home safely. Oh, to answer your question about protein powder. I’m really loving BSN Lean Dessert. I have cinnamon roll, whipped vanilla, and banana cream. (I think those are the correct names.)

Lori – You are working a lot lately. I hope you have been able to get some sleep. Were you able to find the energy to run your 8 miles? I couldn’t help but laugh and you telling DD “You’re 11”. Kids grow up so quickly. Too bad they want to rush through their childhood.

Lorie – I hope your early meeting went well.

Sunny – Great workout today! Maybe we should call you Kickbox Cheetah. LOL That is great news that your class was full. If I lived near you I would be there in a heartbeat. I bet you are an awesome instructor. I dread my DS getting to the double digits too. He is a womanizer already at the age of 5. I caught him looking through my Fredrick’s of Hollywood catalog that I got in the mail. When I asked him why he was looking at it he said, “I want to see the pretty girls.” He has always been fascinated by boobies. LOL BTW, he was not breastfed as a baby.

Christine – Enjoy your rest day. I’m glad Jimmy is starting to feel better. DH and I might need to take our cocker spaniel, Sadie, to the vet soon. Ever since this weekend she won’t jump up on the couch or our bed. It is like she is hurt, but she is walking fine. This is very unusual for her because she loves to sleep on the back of the couch like a cat. She learned to do this when she was a puppy to get away from a couple of young toddlers who wouldn’t leave her alone.

Carole – Sorry to hear about John. I hope counseling helps the whole family. Enjoy your workout!

Jackie – Good workout today. Wow whole body DOMS, I haven’t had that in a LONG time. I hope it will be better tomorrow.

Shelly – I hope work slows down for you tonight. I can’t believe you did Hi-Lo AND Imax 3 yesterday. Well, I can because you are Wonder Woman. Sorry you weren’t able to get the place you wanted in PA. I’m sure you will find some place great soon.

Well, I’m ready to call it a day. Only 25 more minutes to go. Time to wrap up a few loose ends. I’ll try to BBL. WAVES to all.

Dallas:

www.hammernutrition.com makes a good recovery drink called Recoverite. I used that before I switched to P90X recovery drink. It's very good and not sweet at all. You can also try using only 1 scoop of P90X recovery drink with the full amount of water. I do that and find it to be much tastier-not so sweet. :9

Hey Girls!

I'm lookin' at 2 races here that I'd like to sign up for but they are both long and within one of week of eachother so I can't do both. I'm having a tough time deciding. Please help me!}(

This 10 miler on March 30th: http://www.farcnj.com/PDFs/StPat08.pdf

or

This hilly 15K on April 6th: http://www.sandyhookers.org/it/

Or, am I completely nuts thinkin' I can pull EITHER of these races off as I'll still be doing my X+ rotation so my time and perhaps energy for long training runs could be limited!?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.