::: CHEETAHS ::: Thursday, 9/28

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Hey cheetahs!
I am up SUPER EARLY…OH yeah, I’m putting myself through Boot Camp BEFORE work today. The good news is I am hangin’ in there, managing to keep this cold somewhat at bay… rest last night was positively the right thing to do. I went to bed at 7:30 – no kidding! – and missed my Dancing with the Stars, but I think my body needed the zzz’s.

Adri :: good luck w/ the packing & moving!

Wendy :: I definitely *minimized* by workload both Tues night and last night, so in a way, yes, I did take your advice. Sorry to hear about your wipeout – I took a dive on a sidewalk once in front of a busy stream of cars. So at least you were in a wooded area, right? lol So, did you wind up getting DOMS?

Carole :: Good idea ~ I picked up some Airborne and will add that to my plan of attack along w/ the OJ and chicken soup.

Linda :: is it too late to run outside by the time you get home?

Jess :: thinking of you and your grandmom.

Christine :: I cannot believe you did break the finger, after all!! Yeowch!! Who knew the bands were THAT strong?? Zinc supps I haven’t tried before. Do you take it every day or just when you feel a cold coming on? The duck/cat/dog scene would’ve made a great picture!

Laurie :: ugh! SUCH a bummer that you’ve got this bug right before your half. I hope you can nip it before the weekend. We’ll be rootin’ for you!! Hot toddies? Sounds like a GREAT plan. Glad to see ya back.

Hi to Katrina, Susan, Judy, Elaine, Barb, Laura, Natalie, Sunny, Karen, and all others who may be dropping in. Some of the regular cheetahs haven’t been around as much lately it seems.

Have a great Thursday!
Cathy :)

Me again. Just wanted to say I finished BC...now off to shower and head in to work. I really do love knockin' out my workout in the AM...but whether or not I can wake up at 4 am on a regular basis is highly questionable...lol!

Be back later to catch up...
Cathy :)

Three cheers for Cathy for getting up at 4am to kick Boot Camps butt!!!! Hip Hip Hooorah! Hip Hip Hoorah! Hip Hip Hoorah! :7 :7 :7

Okay, now that I've gotten that silliness out of me...:p

Cathy, Glad you rested last night. If you feel better for it then you definately did the right thing. I am petrified of falling on the street! Atleast the only person/people who saw me were other runners and not just onlookers! Heck I was shy about running outdoors to begin with because I felt like I'd be watched by every single person that passed by and I can't STAND being stared at! Yes, I analyze things too much sometimes. LOL Now I just don't pay any attention to what's around me...well, okay...I pay ENOUGH attention to avoid running into someone or getting hit by a car...or better yet, tripping and FALLING! LOL...You know what I mean though!:p

Whew, that was a novel! LOL :D

Okay, so I was going to go to the gym this morning to use the elliptical but I have to be back that at 4pm for a meeting so I think I may forgo the gym this morning and hang out with Cathe...I'm thinking of Imax2. Haven't done that one in a while...}(

Carole, Thanks for the warm welcome!:p LOL

Cathy ~ Good for you for getting in that workout early!! Sorry you haven't been feeling well, and it sounds like you needed that extra rest!!

Wendy ~ Sorry about the fall!! You're officially an outdoor runner now! :p You know, I used to be paranoid about people watching me run too, now I just don't care!! ;-)

Well, I actually dragged myself out of my warm bed to bike w/ Erin & Melissa. We just took it easy & did 9 miles. My knee didn't seem to hurt at all while biking, but was a bit stiff when we were done. I stretched out & it feels ok.

Yesterday was just a draining day- emotionally. Grandma is still hanging in there. It was nice just to see her again, all I did was talk to her & kept her drinking her Ensure & comfortable. Allison brightened her day, she's such an entertainer. ;-) It was hard to leave her. She was glad to hear about the marathon & again I was just glad to get another chance to see her. :-( We might be heading there again this weekend.

CleanMax on tap for today. I feel like I've gotten nothing done this week!! It's driving me nuts. Cleaning always helps me feel better too. :p

Have a great day, ladies!

Oh yeah, and I posted on the video/ DVD rotations forum so if anyone has any suggestions for me please post them!!!

G'morning...today is a rest day from running so after my morning appointments I'll enjoy some yoga and pilates. I'm feeling about the same level of crappiness as yesterday, I guess it's good that I don't feel worse.

Cathe, kudos for gettin' up so darned early, good on ya!!!

Wendy, enjoy IMAX2, we so busy having fun with it we forget how hard she's making us work!}(

Jess, blessings to your beloved Grandma and to your family. It's lovely that your close.

I'm off for a hot shower, lots of steam to clear my head.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Good job on BC this morning!!! Chicken soup and OJ are good too. I have also taken zinc when I was sick, I take it daily now...Dancing with Stars wasn't as good tues, the judges seemed so irritated with the dancers breaking the ruless in the Tango. I don't blame them.

Wendy...(the new trail runner!). Have fun with Imax2...it is still my favorite Imax..

Jess...just be careful with the knee. Biking is probably a bit better than running right now!! I'm glad you got to spend some more time with your Grandma..

Laurie...so sorry you have a cold!! I bet you will be thru the worst of it by the half ! I know you will still do well in the half as your body is trained, just get in some rest for the next few days...:)

Christine...the Elliptical seems to fold up easily, the leg parts comes up and attaches to the frame (magnets inside) then the wheel part folds up, which saves about 24 inches. Thanks for the link about Lance....5:45 pace for a few training miles!!!! wow!!..You needed a camera for that duck pic!! Sorry about your broken finger....now you have to get it set??

Sunnydelite, Welcome!! I have never thought I was naturally a runner...:)..it is just an addiction now!

Katrina...good workout yesterday!

Susan..I agree the time does fly when you run with someone. It's nice your DH can do that...:)

I have some DOMS in my shoulders and bi's from S&H..:)...today will be PLB standing and an iClimb on my Elliptical.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning, everyone!!

Cathy, Good job on Bootcamp first thing in the morning! At this time, it is not dark when I get home, but where I live, my road is loaded with rush hour traffic at that time and I will get blown off the road x( But....Actually, my sister called yesterday and wants me to go to her house this evening and walk with her. She lives in a perfect place. I told her I would "run" while she "walks". We would probably be about the same speed, because she seriously walks as fast as I "run".

:+

Laurie, hope you feel better soon! Hope you are well before your half!

Christine, that is awful about your finger! That has got to be painful! Your animals in the yard sounded like it make a good greeting card!

Wendy, sorry about your fall! That sounds like my luck!

I didn't do anything this morning. I had a migraine all afternoon yesterday and last night. Iit is still hanging around this morning. I am supposed to go run at my sister's tonight. I am hoping my headache is gone by then, because I am looking forward to this!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Linda

Carole, I haven't tried any of the iClimbs, or iTreads, etc. I will have to give them a try. Last night I downloaded some of the Podrunner's and C25K off of iTunes. I usually use my Cardio Coach's on the treadmill and ellitical, but am wanting to "branch out" ;-) Have you tried any iTreads?

Linda

Hi Linda...yes I have tried some iTreads on my Elliptical, I like the 60 min ones when I want to go longer as they are not as tough to me as the 40 min iClimbs. I prefer the music in iTrains compared to CC's. With cardio machines I think variety is what keeps us going...:)

Good Morning All –

Oh yeah, the darned thing is broken. Now that I look at it I’m seeing purple bruising in places that it wasn’t before. I’m waiting to hear from the doc to see what I need to do … This obviously curtails weight training for me for a bit. Hey, at least it was a finger and not a toe! I can RUN with a broken finger! I’m thinking I’m going to do Imax 2 or ride my bike after my interview. And I found a new use for the front push kick – just killed a spider low on the wall with one… :p

Cathy - Wow! You sound energized this morning!! Glad to hear it! I take the supplements when I feel a cold coming on. And, YES! I wanted a photo, but our digital camera was out of juice and I couldn’t find the charger… GOOD JOB ON BOOTCAMP!!!

Wendy – There’s an old saying- “There are two kinds of trail runners – those who have fallen and those who will.” Welcome to the first group! I’m a card carrying member of that group myself! Enjoy your Cathe!

Jess – I’ll continue my prayers for your Grandma. Glad you got to tell her about your marathon. She must be so darned proud! Cleaning makes me feel better, too – just the sense that THIS I have control over, and I can make my house the way I want it. {{{HUGS}}}

Laurie – Glad to have you back and posting! Enjoy your yoga and I hope you’re feeling better!!

Carole – thanks for the info on the elliptical. And to just be able to run a 5:45 pace for a mile would be nice! Wow… But, he’s known in the cycling world for his fast spin, so I’m sure his legs churn fast when he runs, too. I’m waiting to hear from the doc as to what I need to do. I think it’s a hairline fracture at most- I mean, seriously, it doesn’t hurt that much. I’d have thought a broken bone would hurt a lot more – so I think I just need to keep it immobilized. At least that’s what my dr. friend told me last night. We’ll see.

Linda – sorry to hear about your migrane. I get sinus headaches occasionally and those are horrible, I cannot even imagine a migrane. Hope it’s gone and you get to run tonight! I’m another iTrain convert. I like the iTrain 60 minute outdoor runs – especially #10. I also like the iClimbs and I use the iCycles on a spin bike at the gym.

Good morning ladies,

thanks for the welcome!:)

sorry no time for personals right now (i'm at work...shhh)

this morning was a 4 mile TM run.

does anyone use the itrains to run outdoors? if so, how do you like it?

have a great day everyone!!

I use iTread Outdoors #6 and #10 - 10 is a little less intense, but6 has some great 90 second sprints. I really enjoy them, actually.

Hey Cheetahs
No time for personals right now. I'm just on a moving brake and just wanted to say hi.

Can't get to the gym today (;(;() but moving up and down 2 flights of stairs with moderate to heavy furniture is a workout but not my kind. I hate missing unplanned days at the gym;(

Other than that the moving is going well. I have Cathe on fit tv right now. Its S&H chest and back. Funny cuz chest, back, and abs was my workout today! I'll do it later when they view it back on at 7.

Also just wanted to let everyone know that I probally won't be back till thursday. We won't have cable or interent till thursday. I could go to the library but I'm ganna be really busy and stuff. I'll miss you all;(

Have a great day:)

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hello lovely cheetahs!

I am a real cranky pants this morning. I am glad the girls are at school so I don't inflict them with crankiness. I started my period today and feel like a giant pig!!! I think I will do Imax extreme and some standing leg work. I don't like it being so dark in the mornings now, it makes me sluggish. Oh well, I will feel so much better after my workout:)

Cathy, I can't believe you did bootcamp at 4 am. That is CRAZY!!!! Good for you.

Wendy, do Imax xtreme with me }(

Jess, I am thinking about you and your grandma. I am so sorry this is such a hard time for you and your family. I am glad your knee is doing well. When are you ready for running again? Or,you can go get yourself a step and do the Imaxes and all the wonderful step tapes cathe has. I really miss them when I run all the time. I am only running now 3 -4 times a week, about 20-25 miles a week.

Laurie, enjoy your day of rest. What is your fave yoga dvd?

Carole, Do you like S@H better than GS? I usuaally do the GS upper body workouts. I hear the S@H are very time consuming. Any thoughts?

Linda, I hope your headache goes away and you can get your run in.

Christine, I can't believe your finger is broken,OUCH!! I think it is a Imax 2 craze this morning. Have fun!

Sunnydelite, Welcome and good job on your treadmill run.

Adri, sounds like you will still be getting a good workout in with all that moving. Have a great day!

Hello to all the other cheetahs and I am off to Imax xtreme}(

Susan

I'm exercising avoidance behaviours by coming here (I should be cleaning and vacuuming but be that as it may:+ ).

Carole, thanks for your re-assuring words, I need a couple of good night's sleep under my belt before the race, wish I could nap during the day but I don't have that gene;-)

Linda, hope your headache goes away and you can get your run in with your sister.

Christine, you're a trooper girl!!! Gawd that must have hurt when it snapped youx( I had to go back to previous threads to catch up, it's not everyday that you hear someone being told by the OBGYN that they have a broken finger!! Nice job with the front push kick, All Hail Spider Slayer}( :+

Susan, I love BodyFlow which is not available through retail. I was teaching the programme at a gym for a few years and am still getting the new release shipments although I no longer teach it. It's an awesome programme, great music, great workout. Here's a link
http://www.lesmills.com/site/programs/bodybalance-group-fitness-program.aspx

Okay enough procratination, lookout dust bunnies, here I come!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

LOL, sorry Susan but I literally just finished my work out and then read your post. :7

IMAX 2 is done!:+

I had to force it...I was in a bad mood and feeling sluggish myself. I MADE myself move and feel MUCH better for it now. The big bonus is that the work out has gotten easier for me! YEAY! I did the straddle tap interval FLAWLESSLY-always had trouble with it! Plus, I completed interval 9 with out ANY modifications for the FIRST time! GO ME! }( :p And all of this was done on a 6" step! I only use 8" for LowMax and LIS.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

No time for personals...gotta grab a quick shower now!
I'll be back though!:*

My workout out is done and I feel great!! No more cranky pants for me. I am now going to have some sushi with my girlfriend. I forgot how long that Imax xtreme is. It is over an hour without the warmup and cooldown. I used an 8 inch step and almost lowered in on the last two intervals, but did not. I am 5'7, so I can usually get away with an 8 inch step.

Anyway, I am off to sushi!

Susan

Interview went well - I think I'll be getting an offer early next week, so I'm happy. DH signed me up for his health club, so I think I'm going to go there after I grab a quick bite and hit the elliptical and the bike.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.