:::: CHEETAHS :::: thursday, 5.17

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs-

I have lost my voice but am going back to work today, so this could be interesting! *LOL* If I'm feeling up to it, I will do some of YogaX or a substitute later on. But I'm also thinking it might not be a bad idea to take a rest day instead of pushing. I've only taken one since I came down with this thing - maybe that's part of the problem. Will see at the end of the day.

Only 1 personal from last night to catch up with...

Wendy :: thanks for the info on L&G...I rec'd my Cathe catalog in yesterday's mail and saw all the premix breakdowns...awesome! But it's good to have feedback on the w/out itself. So, the Leg Blast is still #1 in your heart, then? BTW, I watched Twister last night, too - had never seen it before. I just kept saying, "Oh, COME on!" *LOL*

OK, ladies, have a great Thursday! Check back w/ you later!

~Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs,

yesterday i did not run i did isculpt 10 upperbody portion instead. i was happy to fit in something so i went with weights instead of cardio.
today is kickox with tracey.

cathy- oh nooooo teaching without a voice should definitely be interesting;). i agree listen to your body and rest up girl...:)

wendy- lmao....i am currently still at the gym. where i will remain until i pick up clients at the YWCA. however starting in another week i will also work at the YMCA as a part time wellness coordinator. does that help? i know it's confusing, short and simple i will basically be working at 3 different locations. how's the practical coming along?

have an awesome day and i will BBL!:7

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!:)

I have been up since 5:30am and not by choice!x( DH has been up and down since 1am with some kind of blasted stomach bug. Well I never heard him until 5:30 this morning when he was sitting over the bowl coughing and waiting to heav. LOVELY! LOL The constant *cough cough cough* woke me up and kept me up. I finally got out of bed about 20 minutes later. I have to assume he is not going in to work today which means I will have another messed up day today!:p

Cathy: So how pray tell will you teach with no voice? Assigning reading or an essay so that you don't have to speak much? :) I like "Twister". I've seen it before but was still "on the edge of my seat" last night. It just "grabs" me like that. I also like Bill Paxton in that movie. I think he looks super hot! *pant pant* }(

Sunny: Okay girl...I gotcha now!;) I got an extension in order to complete my practical exam. I had completed the first 4 exercises at the start of last week but then things got crazy and I haven't gotten back to it. I am hoping to get it done and mailed off with the month. I have until mid July to complete it now.

Today is the ss/pp upper body premix that has you do every exercise THREE TIMES! I am going to die!:eek: :eek: :eek: I also want to add on 6 minute abs and will do yoga this evening. I got XFlowsion over the weekend and haven't tried it yet so I will do something off of that DVD.:)

NO DOMS today!!!! My hams are tight. That I can DEFINATELY tell but no pain! :D

Okay, I'll be back.

I replied on yesterdays thread. I'll paste it here:

Hi
Cathy~ Are you dong better except for the voice part? DD said her AP English exam wasn't too difficult, except for one essay. And she thought she had enough time to work it out.

Wendy~ Are you doing the May rotation? I haven't looked at it. Hi Five on the L&G extreme Premix! I've thought of asking for a chin up bar. DS 13 wants one anyway, but truth be told, I'm askeerd!

Christine~ Ah yes the ebb and flow of life. Not every day is pretty. But the challenging times make the good times seem even better. I agree CC Choose Living is a spirit lifter

Carole~ How long did it take to do yesterday's WO? Good for you still using the foam roller. I need to get it out again. When we got massages on vacation, I thought that the foam roller was better at getting deeper into my legs. But then on the second massage later in the week I requested a deeper massage, but not quite deep tissue. It was helpful.

Hi to Shelly, Linda Jackie and SunnyD !

Wendy~ one more thing.... Any DOMS this morning???

I ended up choosing Low Max yesterday for my 'no run' cardio and legs. I really got down low on all those moves and my butt feels it this morning! I have 5-6 miles on tap for this morning and abs. I have been neglecting my abs lately.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

CAthy-it sure will be interesting teaching, won't it? I am just today recovering my voice, but I still sound like a man! LOL ENJOY! LOL

Wendy-I agree about Paxton in that movie. I'm panting along with you! It's one of those movies that you just watch every time it's on TV.

Judy-enjoy your run....sore booty and all!

Sunny-sounds like work life is just plain busy!

I was woken AGAIN this morning by this stinkin' CAT! I sat straight up in bed at 3:30am from a solidd hard sleep to the cat coughing and YACKING on my bed! YUCK!!!! I shooed him out of my room and closed the door, only to have him knocking loudly at 4:15!!! TONIGHT....I'm shutting him out when I go to bed. lol I was going to do that last night but I was feelig guilty! NO MORE! lol

This morning's workout was S&H Legs, then Billy's Boot Camp Basic Training to try it out...3/4 of that one since I was running out of time. It's an interesting workout. This is the series with the Billy Bands. I really liked the first 25-30 minutes, which was a warm up, stretch, basic calisthenics without the bands, then fast toning moves with the band. You strap the band on your shoes (and it fit better than I expected) and hold the handles. The next 15-20 minutes or so are pretty much toning exercises done at a fast pace so your heart rate climbs (and you sweat, lol). But then he moves into actually tae bo or kickbox moves with the band, and that's where he started losing me. I didn't really like the kicking with the band, but the punching with it was pretty good. The kicking just felt awkward and at this point, too fast. Then he moved onto ab work, which is when I stopped 1...because I was running short on time, and 2...because I have abs tomorrow. ANYWAY.................

I'm heading outside for a 30 minute walk with a friend, in just a bit. Then I'll be making a pot of Pasta e Faglioli (sp???). YUM!

Have a good one!!!!!!!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..yes that is weird you started with penicillin and things got worse, but maybe the stronger meds will do the trick. Sorry about loosing your voice. I am sure I will avoid that pizza place!

Sunny...yes I am doing my own leg exercise for the most part. I have a machine I can do leg extensions and leg curls on, and those are 2 of the best exercises (IMO) for your legs. Have fun with Tracey today.

Wendy...good job with L&G Extreme..yeow! yes the pizza guy spoke english and he was Caucasian....but he was blonde!! Another sick DH day....sounds like a long upper body workout is just the thing!!

Gayle..I was doing one of Billys leg workouts with the band/tube and slapped my thigh really good, but dang, it really hurt!

Judy...yesterdays workout too about 2 hours. I love deep tissues massage and am getting one monday...:)...enjoy your 5-6 miles today.

Christine...thanks for checking in. Hope the MPS gets better soon.

Jackie...good job on the 8.1 mile ladder workout. I am still using my foam roller on a daily basis.

I am doing legwork (glutes and calfs),abs I missed yesterday and 40-60 min on the EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Hi All –

Boy, not having good luck with my dogs! My *insert expletive here* DH decided on the spur of the moment he needed to get rid of the snails around our house and bought snail pellets. Of course, they look like little pieces of dog food, so Jimmy, who eats everything anyway, ate some. I got home from work and Jimmy didn’t greet me like he usually does and he looked funny. So I picked him up and his little heart was racing. So I literally grabbed his leash and tossed him into the car and drove to the vet, calling them on the way (thank heavens I work so close now!). Turns out snail poison is absolutely toxic to dogs – it affects their nervous system – by the time I got him to the vet, he was really shaking (the vet is only a mile down the road). They got a muscle relaxer into him immediately, made him vomit, and gave him charcoal to absorb the rest of the toxins. Fortunately we caught it soon enough so that his temperature did not soar. It was slightly elevated, but still within normal range. He’s at the emergency vet right now so they can watch him, but I think I’ll be able to pick him up this morning and keep him home with me. I’ll let you know later on that one. I’m so glad I caught him before he really got into trouble. After losing Tucker, I think I’d go insane if I lost Jimmy, too, especially in such a way. Poor little thing – when I left him at the E vet, he was in a cage (he HATES being caged) with an IV in his front paw (to keep him hydrated as they move everything through his system) and an Elizabethan collar (the cone head look) to keep him from pulling out the IV. He’s a puppy, and very healthy, so hopefully we’ll get through this with no damage to him.

So, I have to go get ready to pick him up (the E vet is a good 20 minutes away - there is one closer but for some reason they had no doctors on staff last night - great emergency vet - eh?). If I can bring him home and not to my vet for further observation, I will work from home.

Good morning everyone!

Wendy - That L&G is long!! Whew!! How are the legs today? I use the GBG mostly for the abs and stretch. I may use the others in combination with SSE. They're ok for an easy day and you can add a little cardio to it. Hope dh feels better. Good luck with that monster workout!

Christine - Sorry for the MPS! At least you have Jimmy to take your mind of things. So sorry to hear about Jimmy and the pellet. I know that had to be scary for you. Glad he's going to be ok. Hope your day is better.

Cathy - Glad you didn't overdo with your workout. Hope the antibiotic helps to knock this thing out. Have a good day at work today and hope the voice returns. Yoga sounds like a nice workout to baby your body with.

Judy - I think you can handle the pull ups. Just start out with assisted ones first or just hang on the bar until you can finally pull yourself up. I feel so accomplished when I can do more. Have a good run.

Sunny - Will this be a 40 hour work week when all of the new jobs start? Sounds like you will be one busy lady.

Gayle - Sorry the cat is being a PIA. Thanks for the Billy review. Don't own any of his later workouts. Enjoy your walk.

Carole - OUCH on the band slap!! Just love that foam roller. I have the stick too but I like the roller better. It seems to hit the spot just right. Hope dh feels better. Bad pizza!

I did CC #1 for 2.3 miles, 15 pull ups, Push/Pull and 10 minutes of Fat Burning Yoga. I did a super wide armed pull up unassisted this morning. I couldn't believe it! Guess I'm getting stronger.

Have a great day!

Jackie

OMG!...Christine....I am so sorry for what happened to Jimmy! Thank God you got him in so fast...I don't think may dogs like cages of any kind. He is a strong young puppy and should get thru his without any damage. You and Jimmy are in my thoughts and prayers sweetie...

Thanks everyone! Called the emergency vet and they said that Jimmy can come home today as he's doing very well. DH and I will go get him so I can hold him on the way home. I'm so relieved.

Good morning everyone!

Christine - Oh my gosh! I am so glad you found Jimmy when you did! Poor little thing! Give him a big hug from me! Glad you get to pick him up today!

Jackie - Good job on the workout! Congrats on the super wide unassisted pullup!

Carole - Enjoy the legwork and the EXT workout! I avoid calf work like the plague...because my calves and feet cramp tremendously during the night if I do it!

Gayle - I have the Bootcamps and Elite's, and Amps. I liked them a lot....except the bands were just not quite long enough for me since I am 5'9", but I still did it. My daughter is 5'4" and she used to do them exclusively. She loved them! I was always afraid, though, that the bands would break and flip me....like they did Carole :+ THat would hurt! They really do make ya sweat, don't they :7

Judy - Good job on the workout! Have fun with your run today!

Wendy - Sorry about your DH's bug! Hope you get some rest later! Yeow! Dare I say "enjoy your workout?". Good luck ;-)

SUnny - Enjoy your kickbox with Tracey! I really, really like her workouts a lot!

Cathy - You poor thing! Hope you have an okay day! It will be hard to teach with no voice! I think it would be a good idea for you to take a rest day!

Last night I ran for 3 miles and did GS BS&B, along with the abs from Firm Volume I.

Hi to everyone that follows!

Lidna

Wendy - just saw your post about L&G Xtreme last night and I will definitely give it a try soon! I can't believe no DOMS yet for ya! (besides the tight hams!) Uh oh...maybe it'll come later! }(

Christine-I was so afraid to read the rest of your post. But thank God Jimmy is okay. Good thing you have an e-vet around. I don't even know IF there is one around me. HMMMM. I'll have to check that just to be prepared!

Carole-funny about the band, but OUCH! I was actually afraid of that happening today. Maybe that's why I was feeling wierd on the kicking with the band....too much fear! LOL I'll do this one again, though!

Linda-do you know which Billy workouts are his most recent? Just curious. I DO NOT want to check him out online for fear that I'll BUY something! LOL

Jackie-great job on the pull up! WOO HOO!!

OK.....I got in a wonderful 40 minute FAST walk with my friend. She kept telling me that she was out of breath! LOL. Then I made my soup. YUMMY!

I forgot to mention something interesting (and new)..for me, anyway. lol. When I did S&H legs Monday, I used 50 lbs. but thought my legs could handle more, but that it would be too hard to lift more than that over my head. So this morning I figured something else out! I was excited! lol (the simple things amaze me, lol). I actually put my barbell on the handles that are on my Power Tower (you know...that tall thing that you can do pull ups/chin ups, or dips, or leg lifts, or abs?). I put the barbell on the handles you would use for dips. Then I added 10 lbs to get to 60, then got under it and lifted it. Then just put it back down after the set was over. It worked just fine! SOOOOOOO fine, in fact, that I'm thinking of increasing AGAIN! LOL.

ANYWAY....thought I'd share!

Gayle

Gayle - His most current workouts are the Amped workouts. They use the Amp Bar, that is adjustable in length. I have all of those, but have not done all of them yet. They are mostly "upper body", but they are cardio, too. The Elite used the "weighted Billy Bands"...and those bands were killer tough for me! That is a fantastic idea about the power tower! I will have to try it! I can't get anything over 40 lbs over my head:+

Linda

Good morning cheetahpals! Got in a great sleep last night so I'm ready to enjoy a nice long stretch off:7

SunnyD- Congratulations on getting your second job as a wellness coordinator.... sounds interesting. My goodness, you're going to be busier then the proverbial one armed paperhanger shuttling between 3 different gyms for a while:eek: Have fun with Tracey's kickboxing!

Jackie- I am so very impressed with your speedladder workout yesterday:eek: :eek: It's hard enough to do it as is but to add in the hillwork.....:eek: :eek: :eek: My hats off to you! And now a wide arm pull up unassisted!!!!!! WTG:7

Cathy- I hope you opt for a rest day today! I assume your doc did a rapid throat swab test for strep and would have told you if that's what it was. I'm surprised he gave you a scrip for penicillin, sounds like it's probably viral to me and most bugs are resistant to PCN anyway. Well, it sounds like you're recovering anyway, even if you have no voice! I hope your kids go easy on you today!

Christine- Holey Moley.... that was a close call with your little Jimmy!!!! How awful that would have been for you if you hadn't found him in time. Sounds like he'll soon be your cute little jumping bean again and hopefully you can relax now.

Wendy- Since my shifts are 12 hrs long I work only 3 nites a week which is pretty typical for alot of RNs now. So depending on how you schedule it you can have as much as 8 days off in a row without taking any paid time off. It's definitely one of the nice perks about my line of work. Good job on the L&G extreme yesterday... I knew you could handle it! I bet you'll do fine with the 3 set ss/pp today:) I hope your sick DH doesn't distract you too much.... men can be such babies when they get sick;-) When he is sick my poor DH doesn't get much sympathy from me since I'm a critical care nurse.
I'll tell him "aw, quit your whining... you're still breathing!";-)

Judy- Sounds like you're back in the "groove" again with your runs!
Now go see to those neglected abs!!!

Gayle- My italian in-laws pronounce that dish as "pastafazhool"-all in one word... and they are crazy about it! I've only had it once, it is delish :9 That Billy BC workout does sound a little odd with that band work.

Carole- I have a leg extension/curl machine which I rarely use, but you are right, nothing really does work those quads as well... I really should get back into that habit of using it. I think you have just inspired me.... once again ;-)

Linda- Hiya! Great job with your run and GS last night.... what's on tap for today? Are you resting?

Time to get moving before it gets too hot! Today will be a 7-8 mile hill run and GS legs}( Crazy Shelly is back at it!

ShellyC

Shelly - I think today will be a rest day. Tomorrow night is Relay for Life. My daughter and I are planning on walking/running that. (we hope to, anyway...it depends on if she gets off work in time. Enjoy your run and GS legs!! Oh! And enjoy the day off from work! :7

Hey ladies,
I was MIA yesterday due to some having the blues. I was missing my mom something terrible yesterday. I so wanted to call her and tell her how proud I was of Melissa's concert and how well she did. I forgot for a moment that my daughters no longer have their grandma. I have been so focused on losing my mother that I really wasn't thinking about my girls and what they lost. I tell ya there are so many layers of emotion to go through. I don't think that I am even half way there. So, yesterday I just took a break from a lot of my daily tasks.

I think my ITB is sore. I have never experienced it before, so I don't know. The outside of my knee hurts and it is hard to walk very fast this morning. Does this sound like ITB?

I will be doing BM2 double upper body today and give my leg a rest. I really like that workout. I really feel it and it just goes by so fast.

CAthy, Yes, I think you need a rest day for sure. I hope you get your voice back soon.

Christine, I was so scared to read the rest of your thread. My heart was racing. I am SO glad that Jimmy is going to be okay. I would not want you to ever go through what you went through with beloved Tucker. Give him a big hug for me:)

Wendy, sounds like a great leg and glute workout. I will have to give it a try.

Carol, great workout planned for you as well. Do you ever take rest days? I am amazed at how you just keep going and going....

That is all for me right now gals. I have to go work in the classrom right now with Allyson. Hello to everyone else and I will try to get back here this afternoon.

Cheers!

Susan

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts for Jimmy. He was VERY happy to see me! He's none-the-worse for wear, thankfully, and was sporting a pretty purple polk-a-dot bandange on his foreleg (where they had the IV) until I took it off a few minutes ago. He's happy to be home and will not leave my side (but that's not unusual for him anyway). He's energetic, goofy and just the way he always has been. I've been blessed this time. He will not be allowed to run off leash in the front yard for a while and I took the snail bait and threw it in the trash! The ER Vet told me that during this time of the year, they get a case like this a night, and they are not always happy endings like this one was.

Good Afternoon Cheetahs!:)

DS and I went out to run a few errands. One of which was food shopping which ofcourse, is the one that got SKIPPED!x( Some how I can never get to the food store on the first try! LOL We started off at Kohl's to return a shirt Joey got for his B'day because he has one like it already and we picked up a pair of sandals for him while we were there. Then were actually headed towards the Pathmark when I spotted Sears coming up. Joey was dressed nice and his hair was neat and he was due for his 2 year old pics anyway soooooo off we went detouring into Sears. Well, at 9:30 in the morning when they JUST opened, it STILL took about 2 hours to complete the process! UGH! I think I am going to try another place next time. Anyway...the pics are cute and they are done but by the time it was over with I was hungry and getting cranky and Joey was tired and getting cranky so we just came home instead via a quick stop at the post office. I will attempt the grocery store after nap time today...

Judy: Don't be scared of the chin up bar! I was too at first but it's such a great exercise assisted or not!!! GO FOR IT!!!!

Gayle: I am surprised I didn't have a dream about Bill Paxton last night!;) :7 :9 Glad you liked atleast some of the Billy work out you did. Enjoy your walk with your friend today!

Carole: LOL @ the blonde joke!:7 Have fun with your leg work out today. You know you mentioned calf work and that reminded me of something I have noticed. The X has strengthened my calves ALOT because I can now keep up with Cathe when she does the calf work off the back of the high step in L&G. I could never do that before w/o getting major cramps and having to stop part way through! I guess that's another brownie point for Tony!:+

Christine: HUGS! I am soooo glad to hear that Jimmy is okay. Now, the question is...is your DH OKAY or did you nail him with a good right hook and send him flyin' for leaving the poison w/in puppy reach!? :eek:

Jackie: You did ALL of push pull plus everything else you listed today? How long did that take you!?!? BTW, no DOMS in the legs today for me!:7

Linda: Hey! Stop wishin' DOMS on me girl!:p

Shelly: Oh my, I feel sorry for YOUR DH when he is sick! I had to LOL @ what you tell him when he complains. That was too funny! :7 Thanks for explaining how you got that many nights off in a row w/o taking vacation...I'm headed to sign up for nursing school today! ;)

Susan: Sorry to hear you had a bad day y'day. It will happen but with time it will get better. Your daughters will be okay as well. Kids are more resilliant then adults. Hugs to all of you! :)

Well I guess I'd better consider getting my work out done soon, ey? I think I am stalling again just like I did y'day!:p LOL

Okay girls, I flubbed up my work out a bit! LOL

When I re-did the May rotation I re-typed it out as I was going to do it and printed it off. I did not put down the amt of time the pre-mixes take like Cathe did on the original rotation sheet. Well, I got confused and thought the u/b premix she had on schedule was one that is 109 minutes long!:eek: :eek: :eek: I almost died and thought there is NO WAY I can lift for almost TWO HOURS-forget it!

I decided to do Muscle Max Upper Body only instead. I went as heavy as could so I really pushed myself to make up for the shorter work out. Well, when I was done I went and double checked and realized I was looking at the WRONG premix! The one she had on the schedule is only 65 mins long! ACK! I am going to try to sub it in somewhere for an easier upper body work out over the next 2 weeks if I can. After the upper body work out and stretch I did SSE's 6 min abs. I worked hard but did not do what I was supposed to! Thank goodness this rotation is not a test cause I'd surely fail! :p LOL

I still plan on some XFlowsion yoga tonight.

Tomorrow my mom has the afternoon off from work so I am headed over there right after I get out of work so I am taking a rest day. Tomorrow was going to be yoga only so it actually worked out well that I could just move that to tonight instead. Mom, Joey and I have some shopping to do and then we will have dinner together.

BTW, that hamstring "tightness" is turning into a bit o' DOMS thanks to you ladies practically WISHING it on me!!! LOL :p

I'll be back!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.