:::: CHEETAHS :::: thursday, 4.26

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs :)...it's almost the weekend...yay!!

Linda :: I actually don’t have Rodney’s Power Yoga – but I own a couple of his current DVDs and used to do some of his older tapes, and I do like him. Despite his tights.

Susan :: good job practicing restraint at the Indian restaurant…Eating out/social gatherings are the hardest!

Wendy :: I don’t mind Yoga Shakti (although I don’t use it often, to tell you the truth), but I can see why it wouldn’t be for you. I have the Mark Blanchard Progressive Yoga on my amazon shopping list along with Power Yoga for Athletes and Kristin McGee Power Yoga. McGee’s is only $6.99 and has gotten good reviews. Though I don’t mind the spiritual stuff (as long as it doesn’t make me giggle, that is), I do prefer athletic-style yoga as well. It looks to me like these three DVDs are more like that. I just picked up Budokon for Beginners last night…I heard you mention Budokon and it looked intriguing…thanks for the info on the PB. Maybe it’s an acquired taste – sorta like the switch to skim milk.

Gayle :: I’m curious how Yoga Burn and Power Yoga are different…My initial impression was that it is not as intense as YogaX (certainly shorter), but still a good challenge and the time went quickly. I will probably do it again today instead of YogaX.

Today will be yoga, and if I can get my contacts in this afternoon and it's not raining, a run. Got in see the doc last night -two things going on: seasonal allergies and a case of contact dermatitis - something came in contact with my right eye and I had an allergic reaction. Unfortunately, my insurance refused to cover the scrip, so I did not come home with the drops...I could have paid $72 up front and then been "refunded" the money once the issue gets worked out, but I usually do not do that b/c it is often so hard to get reimbursed by insurance. I tell ya, the hoops that they make people jump through...Anyhow, I am going to school today...the OTC drops help the itch at least...the one eye's just a little more swollen shut this morning...

All right, gotta get moving. Hi to all who follow...enjoy your day...BBL!
Cathy :)

ETA: A quick question for the O wise cheetahs...does this calorie needs calculator on Active.com appear to be accurate? http://www.active.com/calculators/calories_calc_togo.cfm

Good morning:

I know, Cathy, that insurance reimbursement stuff is crazy. Good luck with your eye, it sounds really sore. I have seasonal allergies, too, but I can't imagine being allergic to something besides. The itching is so unbearable sometimes in itself. Good Luck!

Circuit class went well last night, got the workout in that I needed. Tonight is all step class, so I will be thinking of some goodies for them.

DS's foot is still swollen so I believe we'll be off to the doc today. He hasn't woke up yet, so I'll have to see what it looks like, but last night he was really complaining that it was sore and hurt yet. He has these big state wide tests to take in school, so we'll have to go around those so we'll see what happens.

Take care everyone!
Marcia.

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!:)

I have spin on tap for this morning and BBC's full body work out on deck for nap time. }(

Cathy: I just checked out Power Yoga for Athletes at Amazon. Sounds good. Now I *REALLY* have a decision to make! LOL Do you know what Amazon's policy is on dvd's? (Yes, I'm too lazy to look it up myself!LOL) Collage accepts returns on opened ones and that is apparently what I need when it comes to yoga vids!:p

Marcia: I hope your son's foot is okay. Have fun with step tonight.:)

I'll be back.

Hi Ladies :)

We leave in one more day. I have been busy getting prepared.

Have a good week and I'll pop in when I return.

PS Here is a different killer UB workout? HSTA: do cardio and uppr body with your heavy weights then go back and do the UB again with as high a weight as you can manage. I used the weights I normally choose for GS and I have great chest and shoulder DOMS! Almost every set was to exhaustion

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hey guys! Kids are off school today and tomorrow (not sure why, lol) and I've got a friend's 2 kids coming over since she's a teacher in a different district.

Up early this morning....3 mile run (1 mile warm up, 1 mile of 30 second HM pace intervals, 1 mile steady). Then Core Max 2. Felt Great.

I've got DOMS from Power Yoga yesterday. Cathy....Power Yoga starts off with all the standing work and the first 15 minutes is all the warrior positions (1,2,3) with planks, downward dogs, upwards, etc. LOL. I'm NO yoga expert, as you can see. Then it gets harder a bit (for me, anyway) with more intense things like bow, upward bow and the move where it's like a gymnast's back bend...not sure what it's called. That gives me DOMS in the obliques every single time. Then floor/sitting work with a few ab-involved moves toward the end. I really like it. Hope that helps some! LOL

Gotta run, I'm sorry, again, for the lack of personals. My focus has been on this weekend's HM and it's like that's all I can see in the way of getting things done. I've been painting DS's room as a distraction. I feel like life will move on once the HM is over. lol

Gayle

Okay, my feet are killing me, I'm tired of hearing my name called and I'm REALLY tired of this stupid cell phone pagerx( x(
Can you tell I've had a bad night at work? Actually, the night before may have been worsex( At least I now have a few nights off to decompress and get in some running:) After my nap I plan on a 6-7 mile hilly run and then BBC arms and abs:7

Cathy- I don't blame you for not opting to try for the insurance reimbursement, it's such an unbelievable hassle. I'm glad that you got your eye problem diagnosed and you're beginning to get some relief. I checked out your calorie calculator and it seemed to be pretty much on target when I plugged in my stats.

Marcia- Have a great time steppin tonight:7 :7 I'm glad to hear you're going to the doc about your DS's foot. Let us know how that turns out..... poor guy!

Wendy- I LOVE that running cheetah!!!!!! Where did you get that?
Have a fun time spinning today:)

Gayle- You will do awesome with your HM I have no doubt at all :) :) Nice training run today with the HM pace intervals!

Thanks for letting me rant a little cheetahfriends! I'll check back in later and hopefully I'll feel more human then.

tata

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I did have a bit more time yesterday morning and I like to take advantage of that for a longer workout. Glad you got your eye looked at. I used Patanol for eye itching once when my allergies were bad. Another peeve for me is insurance companies and the hoops you have to jump thru!! I bet your eye will improve as the day goes on. Enjoy your Yoga workout.

Marcia..I hope DS's foot is all right. Good job with the circuit class.

Wendy...your cheetah running is way cute! I hope Joey isn't such a bear today. Good job with YogaX and iTread yesterday. The workout yesterday took me about 2 hours. I did the superset of GS C&T as it is easier to go heavier when I do it that way. Have fun with BBC Fullbody and spinning today.

Judy...I hope you and DH have an awesome vacation!!! That sounds like a killer UB workout.

Gayle...well tell your DS he is not alone with his love of the Cowboys. I have been a fan a long time...:)...wow, sounds like a lot of lawn to mow!

Shelly....sorry about the way long work night. I am happy you have a few nights off. Enjoy your run and BBC A&A.

Susan...funny as when I did the legwork from GWW yesterday I looked at the date on the video...1991!!! How did you like BBC C&A?

I am doing B&G standing, abs and a 4.5 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Yesterday did not go as planned. I thought my coworkers would have taken me out to lunch for Admin. Prof. Day, however, they forgot. My boss even forgot until around lunch time he looked at his calendar. He then ordered me flowers. They are beautiful. I guess that is better than a meal anyway.

Today was going to be my last easy 3 miler before my HM, but I need to finish packing instead. The kids and dog will be staying with my inlaws for the weekend while I head to Indiana to meet up with my DB for our HM. My DH has an event in WV that he needs to be at this weekend. In any case, I need to finish packing. I'm worried I will forget something important like my running shoes. LOL At least I have them in my bag already.

This will probably be my last post until Monday. I'm off tomorrow and need to head to Louisville to pick up my racing packet and drop off the kids and dog.

I'll be back Monday with my race details. GOOD LUCK GAYLE!!

Good morning ladies!

Carole - Thanks for the link to Karen Voight. I think the judges are harder on Ian too. He could stand to loosen up a little more. Have a good workout!

Wendy - Glad the mood got better. Sorry you didn't get your run in. How is the little one today? Relaxing with your coffee sounds nice. Don't drink coffee but I can relax with a good cup of tea. Haven't done that in awhile either.

Gayle - The only thing I don't like about Rodney Yee is him being shirtless. I'm getting over that because he does have some good workouts. Glad you take such pride in your lawn. You can always tell when people love how the landscape looks.

Heather - Sorry you didn't get any restful sleep. Hope you can make up for it tonight. Today is a new day and you can get back on track. You have the right man on your side too. Laughing at Cathe being green. Hope your day is better.

Cathy - Enjoy your yoga session today. Hope the eye clears up. You poor baby. ((((HUGS)))) Yes, insurance is crappy sometimes. Maybe it won't take too long to work the issues out. Sounds like you need to get that scrip filled.

Marcia - Glad your class went well. Hope you have a fun one tonight. DS foot is not easing up. I'm sure a visit to doc will help. Hope he feels better.

Judy - Have a great trip! That workout sounds like a killer one.

Shelly - Sounds like you need those days off. Hope you get some relaxation in. Have a good run.

I did a 2 mile run, MM Lower Body premix, 15 pull ups/chin ups and Body Targer Yoga for Lower Body with Suzanne Deason.

Have a nice day everyone!

Jackie

Kristi - Sorry your coworkers forgot about the day but your boss came through nicely. He should have given you the rest of the afternoon off. LOL!! Good luck with your HM this weekend. You will do great!

Jackie

I wrote these up yesterday and then lost my connection, so I’m going to put these here, and then I’ll go back and respond to today!

*Slides into forum with arms raises* I’m HEERRREEE!!! Did you miss me? *shrugs at the deafening silence*

Hey all!

Work is going well. I really think I’m going to like my job. And I’m not spending 3 months before I can jump in – I’m already taking calls. I’m so relieved that I don’t have to be “thoroughly trained” before they toss me into the mix. I learn better when I do.

Okay, I broke down and ordered BCC! You ladies convinced me! I’m also thinking that with my reduced workout time I like the shorter workouts. So, I’m stoked. I have been working out but today was a rest day. Yesterday I did CC Choose Living and the day before I did Baron’s Long and Lean Yoga.

Jimmy is doing well although he’s thrilled when I come home. So cute. All wiggles and jumps. The little guy can jump HIGH!!! I don’t have time to catch up on the last few days, but I will answers today’s posts!

Cathy – pink eye eh? Never fun! I hope you get better soon! How did S&A and ARX go? Those gloves look cool!

Sunny – I didn’t hear about the trip – how did that go? Oh, I’ll go back and read the posts – I know, I know – I’m horrid. I’m glad it was wonderful!!

Marcia – you have enough worries, you don’t need to worry about DS! I hope he’s okay!!!

Gayle – I, too, love Yee’s Power Yoga and his Yoga for Athletes. I love that you love your lawn work. Nothing like a good honest labor that is on display for everyone to see. I think it’s a good thing.

Kristi – Happy Admin Professional Day!! If anyone deserves a nice lunch it’s you! I’m glad they appreciate you! How’s DD doing?

Carole – I think you should go for the race! Sounds like a fun time – and six miles on a bike is like 1 running. And I KNOW that clean eating is the key, but I can’t seem to do it all the time. Oh well…

Linda – funny how we all love DOMS! Nothing like knowing something worked you good! It’s pay off!! How’s Maddie? Is she still as cute as a button?

Jackie – Wow! iTread 13 twice? You’re amazing! That one always kicks my butt! Great job!

Susan – you were the one who pushed me over the edge for BBC! Thanks, I think! LOL. Indian food… YUM!!! I know what you mean about all or nothing. I’m like that as well. Good job on the restraint!

Wendy – Glad you got in a run! I second Gayle – try Rodney – Power Yoga or Yoga for Athletes. He has a very calm voice, but he’s not whispering. I like that he can talk you so well through moves. I really like Rodney.

Okay – I know that was quick, but I have to get dinner on and I want to play with Jimmy for a bit. Enjoy your nights!

Hugs -

Christine - I'm glad you are liking your new job. Like you, I learn better by being thrown into the mix. Jimmy sounds so adorable. I'm glad he is adjusting well to your family. DD is doing better. Her ear infection is cleared up. She still has a couple more days of antibiotics to take yet, but she is acting like herself again. At least now I can get some sleep.

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’ve been so busy, but in a good way, so I cannot complain. I felt wonderful when I awoke this morning and I got in Spinervals “Sweating Buckets” (thank Gayle!) followed by the L&G standing work w/ no ankle weights. So, I’m feeling really good now. Ready to go. My boss is out with a migraine, but he’s going to be sending me my accounts – I think he realizes that I’m ready to dig in and start working. Such a difference from my old job. I feel useful here. What a relief! And the commute! I hit school traffic so it took me ten minutes instead of five. :+

Cathy – So sorry your insurance company is being a bunch of idiots. Who do you have? Hope you feel good enough for a run! The calorie count for me seems a little high, but you know, I think if you eat CLEAN, then it’s right. I can eat more calories when I eat squeaky clean. Haven’t done that for a while, though.

Marcia – Hope your DS is all right. We have “STAR” testing which is the same thing and I know if the kids miss it they can take it the following week. Not ideal, but better than nothing. I so want to take your circuit class… 

Wendy – SPIN! I love SPIN! Followed by BBC? You beast you!

Judy – Oh, how exciting! The count-down is CLOSE!!! And I swear, lady, you are trying to kill us! HSTA is a tough work out one time through! Ouch!

Gayle – I’ll be cheering you on this weekend! Do you run Sat or Sun? Power yoga is tough – I cannot do the back bends too easily!

Shelly – {{{{HUGS}}} I’m glad you have a few nights off! I think the run and BBC will help! Enjoy! And your check is in the mail!

Carole – Enjoy B&G and your run! How’s little Sadie? I promise I won’t tell DH about your affinity for the Cowboys, he may not allow you to hang out in the garage when you’re in town. ;)

Kristi – Oh, I’m so sorry that after all of your hard work and the problems you’ve had to face with your poor little DD and your job that they did not even recognize your efforts with a lunch. I do like flowers, better, though. Have fun with your Half Marathon!!!! Wow, busy weekend for racers! Glad DD is better and that you’re sleeping! It’s so tough!

Jackie – Sounds like you got in a great workout!

Susan – how long did it take for your BBC to arrive from when you ordered it? I’m waiting anxiously for it!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a race, too, this weekend. I’m heading to Monterey for the Big Sur Marathon (I’m signed up to run 10.6 miles). We’re taking Jimmy with us, so I may not get to run – DH will (it was his idea anyway). But I’m hoping to find a puppy sitter at the hotel, so it may just workout. I’m excited.

Christine - Good luck with your race. 10.6 miles sounds like a nice distance. I hope you can find a puppy sitter. Even if you can't you will have fun anyway with Jimmy.

Cathy - I'm sorry about your eye and your insurance woes. That is awful that the insurance won't immediately cover the expense, or at least let you pay a copay for it. I hope the OTC drops provide some relief.

Just popped in for a moment to catch Kristi before you leave..

GOOD LUCK KRISTI!! I Know you are gonna make us proud:D :D :D

I will check back in later ladies.

Good Luck Kristi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear about your experience!!!!!!

You know the cheetahs will be rootin' for you!!!!!!

:+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7

Hello ladies,

Ok, i didn't want to report a workout today until after i actually did it. I never got around to working out yesterday. didn't get out of the gym until late so i missed my opportunity. however it was worth it because i helped sell another client!

today's workout was B & G standing legs and abs. I read what carole was doing and it sounded good to me:7 :+

kristi- i am giving you another shout out just to let you know i am so very proud of you!

wendy- i didn't do overall legs premix. however i like that one. it's long but it gives me DOMS everytime. i am probably the only person that doesn't like the leg blast premix *GASP*, lol. my fave is the standing legs and abs..whew!

sounds like everyone is doing a tremendous job. keep up the good work ladies!

sorry no time for more personals i have to keep movin'. love you all:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.