Cheetahs...Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning. :)

Sorry for the lame thread title. Not feeling creative today. LOL

Just gettin' us started.

BBIAB.

Good Morning Cheetahs

Wendy..I am sure the TNT training will be fun and motivating for you.

Dallas...I also saw the news about your Gov. Geeze, seems all these politicians are corrupt! Glad the hip is feeling better. Was DS okay after school yesterday? Done with my X-mas shopping???...NOT!!!!...:D

Linda...it sure seemed like the trend about these husbands killing their wives after the Scott Peterson case...what dirtbags!!! Good job with 3 miles and GS legs yesterday.

Jackie..Yes, I do have a heavy coat. We are supposed to be getting some cold weather this weekend. I will be in L.A. though and it'll probably be raining there! Good workout yesterday. I bet the foam rolling helps those legs a lot.

Today will be legwork and a 6 mile easy run. My Garmin got screwed up yesterday (needed more charging) so I had to use another type of watch...no fun at all...

Have a great day...:)

Good morning! Where is everyone?? Hope everyone is okay and having a good week! :)

Wendy - My dear, Wendy......You did wonderfully with your eating yesterday! I, on the other hand.....let's just say...I think I will wait a while before I start posting a "nutritional report" for me. Thanks for trying to help keep me on track...but I am going to wait to even try! :O LOL....

Carole - I know! They are scum of the earth :( I just don't understand how anyone could even think anything like that, let alone carry it out. Jerks! Enjoy your run and legwork! Sorry about your Garmin! It is so funny how we have gotten so attached to our Garmins! I fell lost outside without it!

This morning I ran 4 miles and did GS C&T and some abs.

Hey to everyone!

Linda

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wow! :eek: It's quiet in the den!

Linda - I like Shred. I usually fuse two of them together to make the workout longer. But, it did the job yesterday. Glad DD is hanging tough. I didn't gain much weight during pregnancy either because I was nauseous the whole 9 months.:confused: Happy to hear the baby is great too! After the holidays would probably be the best time to work on that nutrition, heh? Good job witht the run and GS C&T.

Wendy - RP may be able to convince me to do another half maybe by April. I really need to get past the numb feet issue. Remember, cleaning is a workout too.

Carole - Rain and cold not a good combination. :confused: Have fun in LA. Glad your Garmin is ok. I disconnected my Garmin from my computer when it was booting up. Then the Garmin wouldn't come on. Thought I had messed something up. Kept playing around with buttons and it finally came on. Said battery was low. Made sure I charged it up. Enjoy your leg work and 6 miles.

Everything ok with everybody???

I did Absolute Kickboxing Combat premix, an easy 10 minute jog and the bonus stretch from Super Charged Sculpting and some more foam rolling. The legs are getting there.

Have a great Thursday!

Yesterday my internet let me on to read but not to post. :(

Wendy--yesterday I also did PUB. :)

Carole--tonight's dinner is out of the Vegan Planet book. It's Tahini Rotini and the peach/cashew soup which I've modified. We can't get peaches here, so I use mangos for anything that calls for peaches. What is your favorite recipe in that book? I think mine is the Cuban Black Beans and rice, simply for the reason that my WHOLE family loves it. Some of the recipes in the book are faves for me but not my kids. So that one ranks with everyone. :D

Girls, I want to give you a compliment, though it may sound like a back-handed compliment. I am having a little trouble feeling like I"m getting to know you because you are SOOOO good at personals. In all of your posts, you're always talking about the OTHER people and complimenting them and responding to them. It is GREAT. You are very interested and responsive. But when I read each post, I'm not learning about the poster. I'm learning about all the gals she's talking to. So I get a little confused and my head is spinning!! :D You are such a wonderful, encouraging bunch, and so I'm going to keep at it. Of course, I know one factor is that you all know each other so well already. Anyway, it's a "good problem." :)

Today's workout was the cardio premix of KB/BC from 4DS. It was fun. DH has been out of town, so I haven't been able to leave the kids early in the morning to run (and running after they go to school isn't an option because of the heat). :( But DH is back now, so I'm hoping for a good long run on Sat.

Jackie: Glad your legs are recovering. April, huh? I knew you had to have a time frame in mind! :D Cleaning is a work out? Good, cause I'll be doing more of it today! I only did some of it y'day cause I have 2 days off this week (which I didn't want so I'm ticked but I digress...) so I needed SOMETHING to do today. Ofcourse I have laundry to do but I hate laundry...:p

Linda: Nice work out. NP on the eating check-in. Ya gotta do what works for ya. Check ins keep me very aware of what goes in my mouth so I think about what I'm eating before I eat it which means less junk. :)

Carole: Sorry about the garmin issues. Guess the other watch wasn't cuttin' it for you?

I am back from the gym. I did ITread 2/60 mins after I dropped Joey off at school. Now it's time for more cleaning...:eek:...and laundry...:eek::eek:. I got ripped off on my hours at work this month (my supervisor is the pits-UGH) so I'll be cleaning alot more then usual to keep myself busy. LOL

BBL

Hi Friends!

I haven't been able to visit the forum until evening and by then I have no ambition to post. Anyway all is good here. We celebrated FIl's 83rd birthday two days ago. While we were in the old neighborhood, we stopped to buy a tree at the place we went to when I was a kid. DS chose a 12 foot tree. We could only bring it in the front door and it is in the foyer.

Workouts have been good: Tuesday- B&G with SB abs (still have booty DOMS) Wednesday- 5 miles on TM with grace some good hills and sprints! then yoga class. Today: Upper Body premix of 4DS.

I have been logging nutrition on the myfitnesspal.com and having good results. Yesterday my yoga instructor asked if I was losing a bit of weight. I have probably lost 5# but being short, it shows. I think the increased running has helped.

I hope all is well in the den. I have no personals today but I am sending kind regards to all of the Cheetah YaYa Sisters!

Jackie – I was the same way as you! I was nauseous the whole time, all day long with both my girls. Plus…I had Gall stones with my oldest DD, as well as kidney stones  So, I guess I didn’t gain a lot of weight, either. You are making me want to pull out shred again! 

Laura – I totally understand what you mean! I guess that would make it a little tough! Well…let’s see….I am Linda. I am 49. I have 2 daughters (30 and 28), a 4 y/o grandson and 6 year old Grandaughter. My youngest daughter is now pregnant (for the 1st time) and due February 11. She is having some health issues, but overall, I guess she is doing okay. I recently ran my first marathon…and I truly owe so much of me staying motivated to these gals here! I am serious! When I would feel like I just couldn’t do it and when I started getting cold feet….they gave me the needed “nudge” to keep me going  I have never “met” such a great bunch of gals! Good job on your workout!

Wendy – I used to be so good at eating well! I will definitely start “trying harder” after the holidays! ;) Great job on your run! That is horrible that you got ripped off on your hours worked!

Judy – Great job on your workouts…and the 5 lbs! Awww! Happy birthday to you’re your FIL! That is so cool that you got your tree from a place you did when you were a kid!

Laura,

We were posting at the same time before. :)

I will take Linda's lead and great idea and offer a little background about myself so that you can get to know me better....I am a 36 year old SAHM of a little boy name Joey. He is 3.5 going on 17 ;) and the love of my life and my biggest source of aggravation and frustration all at once. :) I work VERY part time hours at a local gym as a babysitting attendent a few weekday mornings per week. My son started f/t pre-k this year and he LOVES it! :D My husband is a journeyman for the plumber and pipefitters union in our area. We have a 5 year old golden retriever named Clyde. We got married and bought our first house in 2003. We'll be married 6 years in March of 09.

HTH a bit!:)

Judy: Yay for FIL's 83rd Birthday! :) Nice-a 12 foot tree. We only have a 4 foot tree. Our house is so tiny. :eek: Good work outs and great job on the weight loss. I need to lose the same 5 pounds you lost. Any tips? :)

Linda: By all means---Enjoy the eats over the holiday and check back in with me come Jan 1 if you want! ;)

Hiya Cheetahs. You can tell it's a busy time of the year.... very quiet in the den lately! Fortunately the last couple of nights at work were pretty mellow and I was actually able to complete all the Christmas cards.... now I just have to mail them!;) Never did manage to get a leg workout in on Tuesday so instead of taking a rest day yest which I had intended I did 4DS KB/legs and really upped the intensity.

Just finished a nice 6 mile run and will continue in the 4DS mode in a bit and go for HIS/Chest&Back.

Gotta share some good personal family news with you all. My big brother was just promoted to Lt General (3 stars) He is the current Army Judge Advocate General. If it sounds like I am bragging and crowing... well...
I am! Sorry about that but please forgive and indulge me a tad. I'm just so darn proud of him!!!

Wendy- Wow... that was quite a scary episode with the gym blackout and drive home! Your Joey is a brave little guy! Glad you maneuvered home okay. Great itread run today! Hey, when do you start with Team in Training... I forgot! Anyway, I was searching for a good spring marathon (so is Linda) Since you are going to have great support with TNT and I had already run so many races in NJ I wasn't considering the NJ marathon but I've been reading alot of great reviews about it. It's a scheduled weekend to work for me but I put in for a little vacation time so hopefully it will get accepted.

Linda- I've put in for a little vacation time and would like to run a marathon around May 2,3. There are several good ones around that time including the Flying Pig in Cincinnati and the New Jersey Marathon where our Wendy will be making her debut!! Also Pittsburgh is starting up a marathon again (Dick's Sporting Goods is sponsoring it) that weekend.
Decisions decisions!!! Do any of these appeal to you or are you looking at different dates? Glad to hear that your daughter is doing well BTW!

Carole- I didn't know Cabelas had any running gear... sounds like a nice toasty warm top! I'm planning on getting serious with longer tempo runs and hill runs around here soon. There's a local half mary in March I'd like to do.... plenty of hills! I hate it when I forget to charge my Garmin:mad:... nice that you had a back up monitor anyway!

Dallas- So how does it feel living in the #1 most corrupt state???:eek::eek:
Eeeeh gads!

Jackie- I've been considering purchasing that Absolute KB vid. How intense is it? Glad to hear your legs are on the mend! Have you gone for a run yet?

Laura- Interesting observation about learning about us. I guess we are pretty well focused on supporting each other and don't really go on a whole lot about ourselves! Well, you already knew a bit about me from the road trip. I am 51, married with hubby retired.. no kids except the furry kind. I was living in Arizona and relocated to Pa last spring so my DH could be closer to his parents. Quite an adjustment for us both!
I am an RN and have worked 27 yrs in critical care.... love it! Just finished my 4th marathon in Philadelphia a couple of weeks ago. I got started late in life with my running... not like our ultimate running Guru.. Carole!!! She's run too many long distance races to count and is still going strong.... absolutely AMAZING!
You must have to have a lot of patience in your current living situation with the on and off again internet service, etc. Sounds like you are getting along well with your running tho and have it pretty well planned out.

Judy- Happy B day to your FIL! And congratulations on that weight loss.
Always great when people NOTICE!!!:D:D:D

That about catches me up for now cheetahs!

Shelly - Yes, that sounds like the time frame I was thinking about! I have been looking at all of these! My SD's live in Pittsburg and we have been wanting to go visit them. That may be a good chance :) My oldest SD is a professor at Pitt. Anyway....those all sound good! Gotta run, time to leave work and going to a concert with DD tonight!

Linda

Hi Cheetahs!

Wendy: You have been doing so well with your eats! Congrats! I would have been freaking out driving in those conditions! Glad DS handled it ok.

Carole: So annoying when the equipment is not working! I would imagine even in California you would need a good winter coat. We will be getting some cold weather this weekend too. Time to fire up that wood stove. :) How was the "easy" six? Have you ever seen the Prefontaine movies? I know he was pompous, but I love them. :)

Linda: I was thinking of you tonight. My DH is off to the TU meeting. He is a goofy guy and ruffled his feathers and said "Yeah, I'm a big deal, I'm off to my TU meeting." :) They do good things for our rivers. Great run and weights today!

Jackie: Thank you for the card. :) Dh and I don't have room to display all the cards and what not, so I am displaying all my Cheetah cards at school. Nice workout for recovering legs! :)

Laura: Ok. I am a 5th grade teacher and live in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan. I am soon to be 33 in January. I am married. My husband pursued academia in the english language arts and decided that it was a little *you know what*. Now he is a professional fly fisher and we live where ever the blue ribbon trout streams are. We are running a fly shop and paddle sports center in our town. There is a lot more to tell. That's all I have. It's time to go to bed for me. That stinks about the Internet connection! I forgot to say that we have two dogs, one of which is causing a major pain in the a** right now!

Judy: Great workouts!

Shelly: I have not even started the cards yet. :eek: I will get them done. CONGRATS on the promotion for your bro! My bf's son is in Korea. So good to see him over the Thanksgiving holiday!

I am reporting 3 miles for the week. Ugly, I know. I will run tomorrow. Just have been busy and I don't feel bad about it. I'll just pick up where I left off.

Good Night Cheetahs!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.