::: CHEETAHS ::: Thursday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone :)

Gloria :: IA--her workouts are decent, but still, I don't reach for them. Still haven't gotten rid of 'em, though. So, when do you start summer school and the tutoring gig?

Jackie :: I do know those kinds of days. Hope things slow down some for ya. Great job making progress with the chinup bar. I'll get to revisit mine tomorrow and see how I fare...Yesterday's trip went well, and today we are heading to a local campground for some outdoor fun. I will see if I can find a good place to hide. :)

Wendy :: Does DH's schedule look like it will lighten up anytime soon?... *lol* You do have a problem. :7 So, which w/outs did you buy?

Carole :: I finished up season 2 last night. OMG. That's all I can say.

Well, today TT calls for light activity, such as yoga, pilates, a walk, something like that. Our class trip today is an active one. (As mentioned to Jackie, it's on a local campground, so the chaperones will be running around all day.) Therefore, I may just do some abs when I get home. Will see. May work a little later to begin packing up the classroom. I am feelin' the DOMS in full force now -- booty, hammies, and shoulders. Love it, of course. :)

Hope it's a good one for everyone! :)

ETA: Oh, I forgot to include some [font size=+1]fitness motivators[/font] I saw in the latest issue of WW magazine:

1) "Pay yourself $1 every time you make a healthy decision, like eating fruit instead of chips. Keep an envelope in your purse dedicated to this fund; after two months, cash it in for something fun, like a spa day."

2) "Put $20 in a jar every time you skip a workout. The idea? If you set the fee high enough, you'll think twice before bagging your plans. After one month, donate your stash to a local charity."

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning Girls :)

Wendy: LOL on the DVD purchase. Exactly how many DVD's do you own? Or do you want to reveal that info to us ? :) What does DH do that has him working such long hours?

Cathy: Great motivators!! Have a great *camp ground* workout :) Aren't ya loving this weather now? I should really get my act together and post some kind of avatar.

Jackie: Hope things calm down a bit for ya :)

Today will be an outdoor run. The humidity has dropped lots and I may as well take advantage of that. Think tomorrow we are back to high temps/humidity. UGH! So I'm thinking it will be a 5miler..but maybe I'll let my legs do the running :) and see how far it takes me :) Tricep work is on tap with some core strengthening stuff.

My washer is suppose to come today. Nothing like waiting a month for it. The first one came --damagedx( The place we purchased it from had the attitude "Oh well" DH got on them and made them give us a few gift cards to make up for the wait. My old washer was ok at the time--- now it so is on it's last leg :) So I'll be glad when it comes. I swear I do 5 loads a day.

DD is suppose to play soccer tonight. Tuesday's games were cancelled due to the weather that came rushing in that night. Hope they keep tonight's game--I'm anxious to see her play in this league. Dh will more than likely play golf.

Off for a refill and to load the washer for the last time :)

Good morning cheetahs:7 :7 It's beautiful out there so like Kath I'm heading outdoors for a run:7 :7 :7 I'll be going for 6-7 miles.
DH got his pier floats so we launched his boat yest afternoon.... guess who had to back it into the boat launch area??;-) ;-) ;-)
I'll be back after the run!

ShellyC

Good Morning!

Just got back from my walk. Beautiful morning out there! Will be doing something later on though.

Cathy: I start summer school on Monday and tutoring will be on Tuesday at the library. That is a lot of work packing up the classroom, but well worth it! :) Sounds like a fun day for the kids!

Kath: Enjoy the new washer!

Shelly: Have a great run on this beautiful morning! :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

I have to work this morning...BLECH! LOL My legs feel pretty darned good this morning! I guess that brutal HIIT loosened things up after all! So long as this trend continues I will be doing an AB weight work out this afternoon. :)

Cathy: I ordered the first 2 work outs on this page from Amazon: http://www.swatworkout.com/

I also found a couple of cool sites with *FREE* work outs on them that I've bookmarked for future use:

http://www.mensjournal.com/healthFitness/0612/workout_swat.html

http://www.nqinutrition.com/Workouts.html

Kath: I just counted 78 dvd CASES + P90X (12 work outs by itself!) which equates to even MORE work outs since several of them hold more then 1 work out! :p DH is a journeyman for the plumber and pipefitters local in our area. His normal hours are 7-3 but when overtime calls he's all over it as it's awesome money!}( Enjoy DD's soccer game tonight. :)

Shelly: I'm jealous. I want to run with you! ENJOY! :) Congrats on getting the boat in the water. Wanna hear something soooo ridiculous you'd swear it wasn't true!? DH told me about a guy who was backing his boat trailer into the water to load or unload his boat and FORGOT TO PUT THE TRUCK IN PARK before he got out of it!!!! It was a pricey SUV and they had to pull it out of the water...can we say TOTALED!!!!:eek:

Gloria: Glad you enjoyed your walk this morning. Have a great day!

Good morning Cheetahville!

Another super quick fly-by, sorry x(! I didn't have a chance to post last night because I was doing some research into rad tech/med tech/nutrition course work available at the local colleges. I think I've found a good jumping off point with the rad tech program that is offered literally about 2 miles down the road. That should give me a place to get my feet wet while I tackle the more involved nutrition/personal training avenue. I really HAVE to get out of where I am and I hope if I tell my boss, "Oh, BTW, I'm starting classes full time in the fall" it might light a fire under his arse to find a replacement for me.

LOL, Shelly and I seem to be on the same wavelength lately. This morning was a 6.7 mile run in 56:10...a new PR for me!!! It's amazing how much faster I am with no heat and humidity, lol!

Really got get out the door now. My posting may be sporadic for the next couple of days so please excuse the lack of personals. Will someone please find a way to invent a 36 hour day, pretty please???

Have a great day everyone!

Wendi,

You snuck in on me!:)

Glad you looked into school. It's about time you do something nice for yourself. You certainly deserve it!

AWESOME run this morning!!!!!

MAJOR fly-by post as i am working today (contract testing) and wanted to say hello to you all. i want to get in a workout before i have to go in so i have to motor. i am sooooooo jealous of all of you that are doing stuff outside today. it is already so hot and humid here that anything but the pool wouldn't work. i am going to go downstairs and do nrolw and some cardio (maybe hiit).

wt-i LOVE those fitness incentives. are there more? would you email them to me?

okay, gotta motor. i WILL be back for personals (*said in an ahnold-type voice*)!

Happy Thursday Lovely Cheetahs!

Cathy – I’ve always carried a lot of weight in my arms – but between the bells and the TT rotations, they’re slimming, and I’m HAPPY! But they’re keeping the muscle, which I’m also happy about. Those TT workouts sneak up on ya, don’t they? I’ve actually been enjoying the hard core workout – weights and HIIT – followed by easier cardio days. NEVER thought I’d say that. Today will be a little heavier with the cardio, though, but not too much. Great tips! Thanks for sharing!

Jackie – Thank you for the donation!! I appreciate it! Glad to hear TB+ went better with the Pull Up Bar! Glad you found a good work around for the 3-3-3!

Wendy – I think fitness dvd-aholics run thick here on the Cathe boards! :p Too funny! I’ve actually heard good things about those videos. I’m anxious to hear your reviews.

Kath – Enjoy your run and your new washer! Hopefully it’s not damaged. I do a lot of laundry, too! I feel like I’m always doing something around that machine!

Shelly – Oh, enjoy your run and the nice weather!! How did you enjoy the boat after you, of course, backed it down the boat launch?

Gloria – sounds like a nice walk!

Wendi – Oh GOOD FOR YOU!!! Sounds like a fabulous career choice for you as well!! I’m so excited for you! Great Run this morning!

Lorie – Hello back at ya! Have fun with NROLW and your HIIT.

Carole – hope you’re wildfire free, still. We have a new local one – in Santa Cruz. Thanks for the donation, sweetie! I really appreciate it!!

We have another fire here – in Santa Cruz. Right by the Bonny Doon Winery (Oh NO!! :+)! If it’s like this in June, we’re in deep trouble. Oh, I slept like a log last night. I so needed it after two days of not being able to sleep. I think I’m going to move my P90X+ work until tomorrow when I have more time and do some cardio today. I’m going to work from home tomorrow so I’ll have more time. And I have a busy day today. Not sure yet what I’m doing. I’ll figure it out. :p Have a great day all!

And for a silly chuckle this morning (love the look on this dog's face!):

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-dog-pictures-sled-insurance.jpg

Hello all! Back from my run. I ended up going for 6.5 miles at a fairly relaxed pace since I have a race this Sat. DH is getting the boat ready now and we're taking it out for a spin on the bay in a little while:)

Christine- So is your funky tire mystery solved yet and how's the arms following the Kenpo workout? I hardly ever did the Kenpo from the original p90x... didn't feel it did anything for me at all. Is the one from X+ better? Wow, already hit the minimum for your LiveStrong bike race?? The Cheetahs always come thru don't they? (roar)
I haven't ridden in the boat yet... I had to take the trailer back to the house while DH boated from the marina. Today will be my turn!

Carole- Up to 70lbs for squats??? Oh my! I bet your speeding up the hills with those muscular legs of yours! Those fires sound like they are uncomfortably close to you!
Getting any smoke problems where you are?

Lorie- Did you get to see IJ? What did ya think? That's great that you are already back up to your normal Kickbutt weights!!! (I knew it wouldn't be long) I've heard lots of good things about the active release technique of massage therapy. sorry you're still dealing with the hot and humid weather.. finally moderated here in the NE!

Gloria- Bosu Blast is a good one and the choreo really doesn't take long to get down. You'll find a big difference when you do it again. Seasun is a great instructor. I really enjoy her style. Count me as another who can't tolerate Jari Love.

Wendy- Wow, very imaginative mish mosh of intervals yesterday! I like that combining Plyo and the BBC legs-- hooboy.,, and no DOMS to speak off too!! Hey, I just noticed that you are using the Spring into Summer 5k pic for your avator.... really nice!!!! Maybe I should update mine? LOL about more workout purchases... you are hopeless!! LOL about the boat unloading story!! I do okay at backing up a trailer but I have to admit, I was glad no one was around yest!!

Cathy- are you getting a custom orthotic? I hear those are expensive, but can be quite worth it. Very curious to hear what kind of difference it will make for you. I do use the powerstep insoles and have them in my current running shoes. I told Carole she probably had the Eastern cheetahs puzzled over what a swamp cooler is! That's actually kind of a slang term for an evaporative cooler. I'd say your workday today will provide plenty of cardio workout!!

Jackie - all settled into your routine now with your new house now I see. Getting in those great workouts anyway... congrats on conquering totalbody+!!

Kath- Hope you got in a fantastic run... but then you always do! Is your washer one of those fancy spaceage jobs??

Wendi- Well, we may have been on the same wavelength but definitely not at the same speed! LOL- I took my 6 miles at a much more leisurely pace!! Great plan you have there re: career move. HUGE demand for rad techs and the pay is pretty darn good!

Later today I'll be doing BM2 double upper body.

tata

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...WOW, you finished up with Season 2?...I bet it was great. I am sure it will be some time before I catch up!! I am enjoying the few episodes I missed in Season 1, and I am just watching them all. LOL about the swamp cooler...:)...it is an alternative way of cooling using water. It brings up the humidity level in the house which I have always liked for my plants. I don't think we have any rain in the forecast for some time. Yeah for the DOMS!! Enjoy your light workout today. Good fitness motivators...

Shelly...way to go backing in the boat!! Yep 70# for squats and I plan on going up. So happy to finally have a squat rack as 70# was always the max for me! I should start liking the hills again...:D...We have had a few spot fires here local, and one house burnt down monday, but the closest ones were any hour away and with the wind here, there is no smoke. Sounds like a good run today. What race is Sat? (sorry if I missed that!) Enjoy your spin on the Bay..

Wendi..good luck with the new job prospect..

Wendy...I upped my weight on a few exercises with P90x S&A yesterday...ouchees!! Yes, the fire danger is way scary...I think the wind will be less today. WOW, that was on heck of a HIIT workout yesterday!! Have you read the 12 step program for your addiction?...:D

Lorie...Sounds like things are fun with the new BF...:)..I bet you are happy being able to start nrolw again.

Christine...thanks for the KenpoX+ review. I will try it out Sat. I got my P90X+ yesterday. You are so welcome for the donation. Lance has always been a favorite athlete of mine...:)...Sorry about the fire in Santa Cruz. Is it close enough to give you any smoke problems? The closest one to us was in Chico/Orville about an hour away, but it is mostly contained. Thanks so much for the pic, had me LMBO!!! What a cute dog smile!!!

Kath...SO...you don't want to share a picture of yourself with us????

Gloria...I actually prefer much longer than a 4 mile run, but I am working up to it being totally pain free..:). Good job with the Bosu workout yesterday. I sure hope your principals girls get better real soon.

Jackie..I had a great S&A workout and run! Luckily the fires are not local. The closest is about an hour away but mostly contained. Good job with Itread and P90X+ Total Body.

I am planning on legwork, yoga, 40 min on my EXT and maybe P90X+ abs/core!!

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Love iTread 9/60! You're too funny with buying new workouts! Potty training and fitness both take a lot of work. :) I ordered Shred and Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing from Deep Discount. I've read about those Swat workouts. Look forward to reading your review if you do them. :) Wow on the truck in the water! Think he'll be more careful next time. Must have been anxious.

Cathy - Glad school is down to the fun days now. Hope you found a nice cushy place to hide. Yay for good ol' DOMS! Nice fitness motivators from WW.

Kath - Glad that humidity has dropped. It's back to hot, hot, hot here. The humidity slaps you in the face time you open the door. Have a good run! Keeping my fingers crossed for you getting that washer. Love my front loaders.

Shelly - Glad you had a good run! DH knew you could handle that boat! Ha! Ha! What race are you running Saturday? Good luck! Have fun with the boat.

Gloria - Glad you enjoyed your walk.

Wendi - The classes do sound like a good place to start. Good luck with igniting the fire under the boss. You can do it!!

Lorie - Hope testing goes well. Yes, too hot to be outside. x(

Christine - That's great that the bells and TT are slimming your arms. Hard work pays off! You're quite welcome for the donation. Always glad to help a good cause. I'm enjoying X+ more each time I do it. I guess because I know the routine and what's coming next. I get to do Upper Body and Abs again tomorrow. Glad you got a good night's sleep. Love the chuckle this morning. Too cute!

Carole - IA about 70# for squats. Without a squat rack, the most I can get over my head is 55#. Can't wait to hear what you think about P90X+. Enjoy your monster workout today.

I did iTread #22 Tag Team. The part that Mimi does during the EXT section I did the lunges she did but with weights. Then I did squats, leg press and plies. Finished up with Yoga for Legs.

Today should be an easier day at work. Have a terrific day!

Jackie

Hey Cheetah Babes –

I was over on the VF forums – I lurk on some of their check in – like the Endurance one. The stories of their races are so incredible. But I *ran* across this one and had to share – for any of you who entertain the idea of an Ultra… All I can say is WOW! Go to this link: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=119983&page=2&pp=10 then scroll down to Angela M’s post. A lot of interesting tidbits about running distance like that.

Shelly – Good job on the nice run! Glad you get a boat ride today! Boats are fun! Enjoy it! I have my bike with a friend’s DH who is a mechanic. He’s looking it over. I’ll know more later today, hopefully! The Cheetahs are the BEST!! I’m so grateful that I stumbled upon this group and I’ve met such wonderful ladies.

Carole – Lance is a great athlete, isn’t he? That’s why I knew I HAD to do this ride. The wind is coming in from the North, so no smoke problems yet. Just hope they get the fire under control soon! I love the look on that dog’s face – too funny. Ooh, if you do P90X+ Abs and Core, let me know what you think!

Jackie – Glad to hear you’re loving the X+ more and more! I can see where knowing what’s coming next and knowing what that actually means :+ can help. I spent my first round of TB+ rewinding after I realized that THAT was what Tony meant. Great workout this morning!!

I ended up doing Athletic Step Jam this morning. The funny thing about that workout, is that for some reason during the first half of the first combo I get bored and frustrated thinking it’s going to stay that easy (I even went and added two more risers – kind of regretted that one later!). Then the second half of Jam 1 comes and suddenly *YOWZA* the workout gets much more challenging. It’s not tough choreography at all – just tough movements. I really enjoyed myself! Have a great day! Off to the races, er ah meetings…

Christine: My dog makes the same face as the dog in the pic you posted! Too funny! DH and I crack up every time!:7

Jackie...WOW! Loved P90X abs/core...:)..Good job with iTread tag team and the leg workout. Glad to hear work will be easier for you today...for me to!

Christine..I will check out that link when I get a chance, you know me and distance running...:)..Yes, Lance is a great athlete and I applaud you for doing this ride, for such a great cause and in your Mom's memory. Like I told Jackie...LOVED abs/core. I am such a fan of different exercises and this is really a tough workout.

So, I was a bit tired after my workout!! But really loved the P90X+ abs/core. Using the pull-up bar for ab exercises really gets in there and they are tough. The guy in this one does have some rock hard 6 pack abs...WOW!

Wendy - I think I'd LOVE yout dog (well, I know I would). I love when they do goofy things like that smile!

Carole - Oh cool! I'm excited to do P90X+ Abs and core! That sounds like fun!! I'm a big believer in core work. As for Lance- any time I can meld my love for challenges with my love of a good cause, I'm all for it. This one just was the right fit. I'm very excited to do it and will provide a full trip report! :p

My company is such a start up! We're having a Health and Wellness fair. We have a bunch of different companies from all to give info and products, etc. We have a BBQ with healthy stuff like chicken, turkey burgers, boca burgers, salads and veggies - all nice. We're also serving wine and beer and the company band is playing. I have to be on a conference call soon, so I have to be in - but as soon as it's over, I'm back out. Too funny. There are definitely thinks I don't like about this company, but they sure know how to party.

Hi Cheetahs!

It is working out better for me to check in later in the day. Yesterday I did do NROL4W 3A and added LIS on the end. but I got frustrated at combo #3 and jumped on the TM for a 9 minute mile to finish up.

I am not up for personal today, pleas forgive me. I'm just not in a chatty mood. Love and hugs to all of you :)

Just one thing though~

Wendi- I truly am glad to read you are making plans to change careers ! Best of Luck to you!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: Thursdays

Kath :: Absolutely, the break in the weather is a HUGE relief. Enjoy it while you can. It's pretty easy to post an avatar or pic. Let us know if you need any help.

Shelly :: *lol* about how Jerry makes you do all the reversing. Too cute. :) Hope you enjoyed your time on the water today...No, I don't think this is going to be customized. It's sort of like the cant strip that was installed on the ski of my shorter leg. Unfortunately, I wasn't scheduled to supervise the lake area, so today's chaperoning duties didn't allow for any real cardio, just walking. Thanks for explaining the swamp cooler! :)

Gloria :: well, that didn't give you a whole lot of downtime, did it? Still, an easier schedule will do wonders for us. :) :) :) My room won't be too much work since I will be staying in the same position/classroom next year. Very happy 'bout that. I'll just have to re-catalogue my classroom library books, cover bulletin boards and bookcases, take down all decorations, and do the paperwork shuffle. I just found out that my ICS teacher is being re-assigned. Bummer. It was my first year working with her, and we developed a great rapport & co-teaching relationship. Seems that the spec ed teachers get bounced constantly. Hey, here's a little end-of-year humor for ya:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/teachers-1.jpg

Wendy :: SWAT looks intriguing. :) Will be awaiting your reviews with interest!

Wendi :: that is AWESOME that your plans are coming together...Do you have an interest in pursuing both fields, or are you looking to explore each a bit before deciding? Stellar run this morning.

WT :: sorry, those were the only two tips. Hope the contract testing went well? What is that exactly?

Christine :: so, you are doing some cardio then on the days that Craig suggests something "light"? LOVE your company's wellness fair--and the fact that you have a company band. :7 How cool.

Carole :: As season two progressed, I could not stop. Now I feel lost and am having withdrawals. :)...thanks for the further explanation of the swamp cooler. I think I would not be able to handle that.

Jackie :: :7 Was just kidding about hiding. We all had specific, rotating duties. Glad today should be easier for you at the office. For some reason, I keep feeling like it's Friday. It *should* be. :)

Hey Judy! :) Have a great rest of your day.

Well, my DOMS has become, to my surprise, four-alarm. I am truly hobbling when I first get up...yeowch! }( :) Am way impressed with TT. Though the trip didn't provide any true cardio and I opted not to work late, I will stick with simply a good stretch and some ab torture. Before that, though, I may need to squeeze in a nap.

Enjoy your night!

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Wendi: I am so proud of you for taking this step. You need this! Good luck! I'll be thinking of you!

Wendy: Wow girl, and I thought I had a lot of dvds! LOL!

Lorie: As Cathy mentioned above, what is contract testing? It is quite hot out there.

Christine: The pic was too cute, thanks for that. You have my interest with this ASJ workout. I looked it up on collage and all the reviews are good, especially since I am not so great with choreography. Good thing I will be making some money this summer. :) That party sounds fun. Enjoy!

Shelly: Way impressive about backing up the boat. I leave that to Dh as I do not have very good depth perception and am not a very good driver either! I was tired one time and pulled out of a parking lot and hit another parked car. Now that I think about it, I have backed into two of my friends cars and Dh's motorcycle. OOPS! :) Great run this morning! How was the boat trip?

Carole: How has your hip been feeling? Are you still doing your pain free exercises?

Jackie: I am sorry that I missed you when I did personals yesterday. I hope your day at work was much better today. I also love Itread set 9/60 min.!

Judy: Hello. I have been frustrated on the step workouts too. I hate that. We are working out to RELIEVE stress! Take care! :)

Cathy: OMG that pic is waaaay too funny! I LOL! Thanks for that. Sorry you are losing your colleague. Yeah, special ed does get moved around a lot. I am happy teaching gen. ed. classrooms. Sounds like you had a good day! I have been busy cleaning and the such. Short break for me, but I am not worried about it. I already have a blueprint for my lesson plans for next week. I can use the money since I am thinking of buying more workouts! :)

I walked this morning, took a nap for an hour, cleaned a bit, watched food network, did laundry, bought more groceries and ran 4 miles. Boy that run was tough. I have a hard time in the humidity! Feeling good though. After my walk my calves were on fire! They are still sore. That bosu got me good yesterday! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks ladies. Once the flame has died down I will be using it again. Yay! Have a great night!

:)

Gloria :: your day sounds heavenly. :) So glad to hear you are lovin' the BOSU. Thought you might be interested in this article on National Boards: http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2008-06-11-certified-teachers_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.