:::CHEETAHS:::THURSDAY:::

gdixson

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetahs!

I am tired. I woke up at 1:00 coughing like crazy and took some cold medicince. I would take a sick day, that's how bad I am feeling, but we have so much going on every day that I don't feel comfortable doing that. We are planting trees this morning and I have my tutoring party after school. I have 5 kids who wanted to stay after school and get extra help this year, so we are celebrating the end of the year with pizza and ice cream. I know, not good for them, but they are kids and that's what they wanted. Tomorrow is picnic and field day. The parents are invited for a cookout lunch and then come in to look at their child's portfolio.

I was the last to post yesterday, so no personals. I am not sure if I am up for working out or not. BBL!

:)

Good morning, Gloria and all who follow--

Quickie post for me. I read through yesterday's thread but do not have time for personals. I intended to take a short nap (ETA: yesterday) but wound up accidentally sleeping through my workout, so I'm off to the EXT now to make it up. I will catch up with personals this afternoon.

Gloria -- sorry you're feeling like crud and have such a busy day ahead. Do you get the 4-day weekend?

Off to sweat...BBL...have a great day, everyone! :)

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning Girls :)

Gloria: That sucks about the cold. Hope you feel better soon. What a great way to end your year with the kids who needed help--pizza and ice cream :) Funny you have your things shipped to the school. DH doesn't mind me spending money on things I like and am passionate about. It's like his golfing. He could golf every day and I wouldn't care. It's a clean habit--course maybe not the 19th hole --but he doesn't stop in there too often :) His buddy's have to BEG and I mean beg to go out golfing on some days. The wives definately tell them what to do and when.

Cathy: DD has recovered pretty well from the wisdom teeth thing. I love doing my workouts in the a.m.

Wendi: Congrats on your little prince winning--sucks politics come into play. I so hate that kinda stuff.

Wendy: No garden work yesterday --it was cold and rainy at times. Today is a hair appointment and some errands as well. So doubt I'll do any planting today. Tomorrow DD and I may go shopping for the day and get our nails done--woot!

Christine: Lucky you jury duty is over. I laughed at the BAY to BLADDERS thing :)

Today is a 4miler. Followed by super sets for triceps and some type of core work. MY eating has remained very clean and on track. We have a 50th anniversary party on DH's side on Saturday. They are italian and there will be lots of food. I stay away from high cal stuff--it's the CABS I may have to watch out for :)

BRB need a refill :9

Good morning Cheetahville!

Gloria - Sending get-well {{{{{VIBES}}}}} your way, you poor thing! You are so dedicated to go into work for the kids. You probably should bag the workout and just concentrate on getting better first.

Cathy - Great job getting in the EXT this morning. There really is no better way to get going in the morning, is there :7! It sounds like you needed that "nap" yesterday.

Kath - WTG keeping your eating on track...I need to follow suit x(. When I get overtired like I've been the past week I eat lotsa crap and that needs to stop, NOW! Have fun at the party this weekend and enjoy a little! Have a great run!

So, I'm changing my plan for today. Due to horse showing and Monday being a holiday (clients will come out to the barn to ride since they have the day off from work and school) I was going to end up having to work 2 1/2 weeks without a day off sooooooooo I'm making the decision to take today as my day off. The boss doesn't know yet but I'll give him the heads up later (much later) this morning. It's a crummy, wet, cold day anyway and I won't be getting another day off until a week from Memorial Day.

So now I have the morning to myself to workout....WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Can ya tell I'm excited :D? I'll start with DM and then, if I feel like I've still got a little in the tank and the rain holds off, I'll go for a short run, maybe 3-4 miles. Okay, is it weird that I'm looking forward to a marathon workout today LOL?

I did find horse show pics from the last two days but you've got to jump through some hoops to get to them. If anyone is interested here they are.....

www.richardkillianphotography.ifp3.com

You have to enter the site then go to "Gallery". Scroll down to Old Salem 5/20 (and 5/21). Scroll down to 1st Year Green...blah, blah. His pics start in the first row, 5th pic. There are a bunch of them on the page but that is one of the best. He is the only bay (brown body, black mane, tail and legs) so he's easy to pick out of all of the greys.

I'm going to go grab another cup of java and try to catch up on personals from yesterday. BBIAB!

Morning Cheetah Girls!:)

Today's work out is 20 mins of HIIT on the EXT at the gym. }(

Last night's dinner was fun. I am proud of myself for what I passed up but my dinner was not as healthy as it could have been. I passed up plates of biscuits and muffins that they put out before the meal. OMG they looked awesome and that kind of stuff is right up my alley! YUMMY! I didn't even TASTE any though. As for dinner...I ordered spicey catfish, greenbeans and corn. Sounds great right? Yeah well it was except for one minor detail....the entire meal was just SWIMMING in butter!:eek: It was sooooo good but can we say FATTENING!?! }( LOL Despite that I went home feeling very good about the meal and how I handled it considering what I was up against. There were probably 10 other things on that menu I would have rather ordered and OMG I was DYING to eat a biscuit and a muffin too!:7

BBL for personals.

God morning lovely cheetahs! I ended up running for 6 miles yest instead of 5-- it felt so good:7 :7 Very busy the rest of the day working on lining up a job. I've had one interview so far and they did offer a job (its in Philly) I've held off answering (I have 2 days to give an answer) I have two more interviews today and one of them I would really prefer so I need the Cheetahs crossing their paws for me today;-) I ended up not getting in my second workout til after supper last nite but had a good time with 4DS LIS/shoulders.

Wendy- That's great that you are leaning towards MCM in Oct 09!! I've heard it is quite an unforgettable experience. Lots of time to mull over the possibilities
of the details. I'm pretty sure that registration opens in the end of March. I for one (barring some kind of catastrophe) definitely plan on doing this one! I'm impressed at your restraint at the Cracker Barrel! I hardly think that one meal.... even with all the butter did any damage to that svelte bod of yours.

Carole- Congrats on the weight loss- taking a month to lose it is good.... take it off slow and it's likely to stay off. I'm thinking we will likely go house hunting next week.

Christine- Thank you so much for you nice comment on my race pic.... yes I was happy... happy that I was DONE!! Your poor DH does have a doozy of an upper resp infection... I hope you can convince him to visit his doc. woooohoooo about the jury duty... best possible outcome and you got your day back!

Dallas- Sorry your DDs team lost but she sure has a great attitude! (Must get it from her Mom) Did you get in a good iTrain workout now that the booty is back to normal?

Jackie- Hope the closing went well for you.... you should have some kind of reward now! We have a couple of realtors in the area we're looking at sending us stuff that meets our criteria and there are several we plan on looking at.

Judy- I don't think you'd have called me beautiful if you had seen a close up pic!!! But thanks for the comment!

Kath- LOL about me and Wendy passing for sisters----- Like I just told Judy- You'd definitely have a different opinion if the camera was close up! Miss Wendy however is a knockout from any distance. I see you have one of those sons with a bottomless stomach- amazing how much those guys can pack away and not gain an ounce! Hey, my DHs family is Italian also... I know all about those parties! Hope you get in a good run today.

Wendi- Congratulations on a very successful show!! I hope the weather is cooperating for your run today. Glad to hear you are taking the day off.... but typical for our Wendi.... gonna do a KILLER workout on her only day off!!

Gloria- Oh my you had me blushing with your pic comments! The travel company I'll be working for uses very nice apartments and I'm hoping there will be a fitness center I
can use--- then again it is good to be running outside alot again! I got a kick out of your description of your DH's purchases--- sounds very similar! My DH and I are always making bargains with our toy purchases. We also have WAY too much stuff..... and we just had to move it all!! You will LOVE your bosu!! Oh my goodness... you have a packed schedule today with little rest and battling a cold too??? I do hope you forgo a workout today at least... take care!

Cathy-Glad you got in a good sweaty EXT workout! It is a great way to start the day. Bet you are so looking forward to the end of the school year so you can concentrate on the marathon training.

Time to get movin here- I'm doing 4DS HIS/chest/back and hopefully
I can run later.

ShellyC

Shelly!!!

I must be some kind of moron! LOL I guess the TNT pamphlet was referring to the half because I thought the marathon was in May!!! It's just the half. I don't want to wait until October for my first fully mary. I guess I'm back to the Ocean Drive Mary at the end of March unless I see something tempting in a nieghboring state. Who knows...if I am REALLY motivated and do well for my first I may STILL join you at MCM in October! OOPS! Did I just say that!? :eek: LOL

HI Cheetahs!

Wendy- You did well at the restaurant considering the options.

Shelly- I am keeping you in my thoughts ans crossing my paws for your favorite position to be offered to you :)

Gloria- Gosh, I hope you get through today and then head straight to the couch when you get home!

Wendi- Enjoy your one day off with DM and what ever else you do. I peeked at the pictures. nice!

Cathy- great going on getting your workout in before school :)

Today is a yoga day. But first I am headed to the public market where the farm stands are to get some good produce.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Gloria – That was sweet of your hubby to give Joel something else to do so you didn’t have to run with him when you felt horrible, but yeah, he should have called (Joel your DH). I think there’s a whole lot of us who ship to alternative locations so DH does not freak. I usually have things shipped when DH is on a business trip. Hope you start to feel better!! Sounds like a fun day (or would be if you were feeling good).

Cathy – Glad you had fun with your EXT!! I love morning workouts. We look forward to hearing from you this afternoon!

Kath – I have a big dinner at an Italian restaurant tomorrow, so I know how you feel! I can usually order a plain pasta with veggies though. This place will cook to order. Have fun tonight. The Bay to Breakers is a riot. I ran it twice – easiest 7 miles you’ll ever run – even with Hayes Street Hill (3/4 of a mile straight up – one of the famous San Fran hills) – there’s always something to look at. :p

Wendi! Good to see you “back” with us! Oh MAN! Two and a half weeks without a day off? And getting up at 2:30, etc… Yeah, I think you should take today off and get in a wonderful workout and relax! Oh heck no – I look forward to my long workouts on the weekends!

Wendy – Oh, I HATE it when restaurants do that! But you did very good and should be very proud of yourself!!! WAY TO GO! Enjoy the HIIT!

Shelly – Cheetah Paws crossed! Good luck in getting the job you want. I have absolute faith in you, though! DH did go to his doc (which shows how sick he was!). Doc prescribed antibiotics, and they seem to have finally kicked in. He’s doing much better. Thanks, sweetie! Enjoy your 4DIS HIS C&B and your run!

Judy – Enjoy your yoga and your public market! That sounds wonderful!

Today is a rest day. I’m surprisingly well rested for a rest day (must be that I got to sleep in to 5:30 TWO days in a row!) :p But I can tell I do need a day off from a workout. My hams, glutes and abs are letting me know they are there! DH is doing much better, thanks for your healing thoughts! Back to work, which is a blessed relief. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Gloria....OMG chipotles in that casserole would be wonderful!!! Not sure how many can you would need though. Remember the recipe is in a 13x9 inch pan and you need 2 layers of chilies, unless of course you half the recipe. I bought a Large can of Whole Green Chilies, as I have always used those in this kind of a casserole. But I would imagine you could use any kind of chilies you wanted or could get. My weakness is salt too! As I am not much of a sweet eater, chips and salsa is my favorite!!! My DH is always buying hunting and fishing stuff as compared to my Fitness stuff! he tries to complain when I get new stuff but I usually cut him off...So sorry you woke up feeling crappy...sending healing vibes your way...

Cathy...sounds like the EXT was a good way to wake you up!

Wendi..I hope you enjoy your marathon workout on your day off work!!

Wendy...I got more flack from people when I went vegetarian than any other way of eating I ever did. I feel most of the time it is just ignorance...on their part!!! I do hate when restaurants drown stuff in butter!! Sounds like you did well at the dinner.

Shelly...I will keep my fingers crossed for you to get the job you prefer. Thanks re my weight loss. I have usually been able to loose weight a bit faster, but due to getting close to menopause it gets a lot more difficult to do, for me anyway! I know slow is good but it drives me crazy!! Enjoy your 4DS workout and your run.

Christine...So happy your case was settled and NO jury duty!!! No the recipe is sure not very healthy but I do use lowfat cheese (and less than 2 lbs!!) and lowfat evaporated milk too, so I do try...:)..I probably eat 3 meals with some snacks. Fruit, pretzels or a Balance bar. Good job on the eating well yesterday. Sorry DH is hacking..poor guy...That HIIT workout yesterday sounds tough, I can see why you were toast!! I watched the video on that B2B link. I think I saw those Elvis's in Vegas!!!

Dallas..glad you got some sleep finally..Sorry the other team killed yours...:(...cool though about DD hitting a double!!!

Jackie...Nice you are about settled. Sometimes the unpacking all, does take time. So your new house is a two story? Good job with PUB/PLB combo. Hope the closing goes speedy!

Judy..I was happy to get that bed ready and planted as it has been neglected for some time! Lilies sound pretty.

Kath...yes, bartering for services has always been fun...:D

I am planning on APX Chest & Back, squats, calf raises, abs and a 4 mile run doing hill repeats.

Have a great day...:)

Christine..we posted at the same time!! Enjoy your rest day and I and glad to hear DH is doing better...:)

Carole - STOP! I haven't eaten breakfast yet because it's a rest day and I don't get my protein shake. I'm starved and you're talking about chipotle's in your chilie relleno recipe?! My stomach growled loud enough to alarm my office mate! :p It's funny but with my eating, it's usually more like I take my 3 meals and spread them through the day. For lunch today I'll have a salad. My 4 PM snack is the dinner from last night that would normally go with that salad. That's it. We just eat dinner late and I'm up so early that I cannot wait from 1 to 7:30 to eat. :p The Elvis's run the B2B every year. They're fun. I have to say some of the costumes are highly creative! Enjoy your workout!

Good Afternoon!

HIIT on the EXT is done. My legs are fried!}( I'll probably do some yoga/stretch while DS is down for his nap.

BBL for personals!:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Kath - Yes, my new place is bigger. I consider it my dream home. I have a pantry, a workout room and a big master closet. What more could a girl want?

Wendy - It took me about 30 minutes to marry the mortgage company yesterday. I'll be looking forward to the divorce too.:p You're right, it was smoother than the building process. Good job on the eating. Those muffins are good too.

Christine - Glad your jury prison is over. I know some people that love serving but I'm not one of them. That race looks like it's a riot. Enjoy your rest day! Glad DH is feeling better.

Wendi - Congratulations on the wins! Hope you got plenty of rest. Enjoy your day off. Thanks for sharing the pics! That is one beautiful horse.

Gloria - Maybe that teacher is envious of how well you eat. Glad you got out of that run while still feeling bad. You're going to enjoy that Bosu. Wow, hope you make it through the day okay. Feel better.

Cathy - Your body must have needed the extra rest. Glad you had a good workout.

Shelly - Glad you got in a good run yesterday. Will be keeping the paws crossed that you get the job you want. That slough time will soon be over. Maybe P90X+ can be my reward for getting through this building process. Enjoy your workout.

Judy - Fresh produce! Yum! Enjoy your yoga day.

Carole - My house is not considered a two story but it has a bonus room upstairs. Everything else is on one level. I can use the stairs for a workout sometimes. DBF barters for services too. Great that you can do that. Have a good workout.

Today's workout was iTread #5 20 minutes, iClimb #2 20 minutes and GBG stretch. The shorter workouts are doing the trick this month.

Getting the carpet shampooed at the rental house after work. I'll mop the kitchen floor and clean the fridge and she'll be ready to go. I'm looking forward to the long holiday weekend.

Have a great day!

Jackie

Wendy - WTG on the HIIT!

Jackie - I'm happy that jury duty is over too! Have fun with the carpet shampooing and congrats at getting the house ready to go!

We have a big fire in the mountains right above our house. Scary. It's really windy here now, too. We're far enough away that I doubt we'll be affected, but I have friends who have houses in the mountains. I'm HUNGRY today. Everyone keeps talking about food! :p Oh well, I'll be good.

Hi Girls.

I just finished Awaken The Body. Felt great!:) I needed it too as I am beginning to feel the DOMS coming on. The EXT brought out the l/b DOMS and then the u/b doms started creeping in all on it's own. }(

Now I have to get my arse in gear for training tonight. In addition, I need to leave earlier then usual b/c my car is in serious need of an oil change and the place I like to take it is by my mom's so I only go when I'm heading to her area anyway.

I'll post personals before I leave if I have time. If not then maybe when I get home tonight. No worries though..I WILL catch up at some point!;)

Later Babes!:)

Good evening ladies!

Alright, hit me, I deserve it :p! I lied on two counts...catching up on personals (got stuck on the phone and ran out of time) and my, ahem, "planned" workout. I wasn't really feeling DM...I wanted something a bit harder with more fun factor. So I decided to go with Christine's BCX2. Felt great for the first three cycles and then, all of a sudden, I did NOT feel good. My HR was through the roof, I got the shakes, a little nausea, out of breath, the works. So I sat down for a second then got back up and had to modify my way through the rest of the cardio sections. Obviously, I only did it once through. I'm actually kind of embarrassed by the whole thing :( x(. I did *think* about going for a run this afternoon but the weather has been so iffy and my arse was just plain dragging for the rest of the day. I really do want to try and run tomorrow morning though...I miss it!

Wendy - Wow, you're really seeing results quickly...yay! WTG at Cracker Barrel...you certainly did the best you possibly could have at that place ;). I'm still up in the air about June 14 only because I don't know if I can get 2 weekend days off within a week of each other. I'll try to let you know as soon as I can. BTW, that was a great race pic of you...I'm so jealous :p!!! Pssst, I caught wind that you were going to bowl in a league this summer. All I can say is have fun...you'll be averaging 200 before you know it.

Shelly - My paws have been crossed for ya all day! I hope you get that job! I don't know how anyone could pass up someone with your experience, abilities and personality!!! The mind was willing for that workout-a-thon but I guess the body wasn't, *shrugs*. I loved your race pic, too! Two very photogenic cats we have here. Like I said to Wendy I'll try to get a definite yes or no on June 14 ASAP.

Judy - Have fun at the farmstands! I can't wait until ours start to get some local produce...I'm like a kid in a (healthy) candy store lol! Enjoy your yoga.

Christine - Glad to hear that DH is feeling better! You lucky duck getting out of jury duty, YAY! It was soooo nice to "sleep in" until 5:00 this morning, even though I actually woke up briefly at 2am lol! I can't even imagine how scary that fire must be! I pray that everyone remains unharmed and that the fire is brought under control soon.

Carole - WOWZAS that casserole looks delish!!! Oooh, more hill repeats??? You go!

Jackie - Thanks, he really is turning out to be such a nice horse...one of the best we've had. It sounds like you've been really working hard to get into your new house and getting the rental ready. I'm glad you'll be able to relax and enjoy yourself soon. WTG keeping up with your workouts despite all the chaos!!!

Gotta run for now. Just scarfed down my dinner of chipotle turkey meatloaf, roasted brussel sprouts and tomatoes, and steamed fiddelheads and now I have a little tidying up to do before DSO gets here to head off to bowling. Have a great night everyone!

Hola, cheetah babes! :) :) :)

Got some personals to catch up with here...

Kath -- Last summer I was able to just do committee work and tutor. I just learned today that I've only been selected for one of the two committees I applied for. (I'm kind of relieved b/c the one I didn't get would have wound up being a rather involved commitment *during* the school year, and I already have enough on my plate.) So, I might see if I can find some supplemental temp work...I can't imagine begging my spouse to be able to pursue a hobby/sport, or vice versa!

Judy -- You mean the beef & beer? That's a couple weekends from now. This weekend will be a BBQ or two. Your macros are lookin' good to me. Great job!

Wendy -- OMG, you are my idol. You passed up BISCUITS @ Cracker Barrel??? Rock on!!! That is some willpower of steel!...Yeah, I had all 4 done at once, too. Ahhh, yes, the ice cream! :) But overall, I didn't take long to bounce back, either. I think I went up to visit my cousin in CT two days later and was pretty much back to normal eating by then. I remember they ordered a pizza. I chewed carefully. :) Tell me again who puts out Awaken the Body?

Sunny -- I downloaded TT. :7 Kudos to you, too, for keeping the eats in check!

Shelly -- fabulous pic! The guy behind you looks like he was intent on catching you. Ha! Sucker!!! IA with DH...it is usually much warmer this late in May. Sounds like we'll be getting a gorgeous Memorial Day weekend, though. Fingers are crossed that the job of choice comes through.

Carole -- Yeah, I hear you. Too many numbers to crunch turns me off, too. Now I see you are whuppin' my butt in Scrabble. You are dangerous, woman! But hey, I did get close on a couple of those Scramble rounds.

Christine -- so what do you make of the discrepancy between Alwyn & Craig's views of HIIT? I do agree w/ you on the simplicity of WW. LOVED the B2B photos -- so entertaining! I absolutely want this cheetah GTG to happen next year. What a hoot! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/yaysmiles.gif on your case being settled so quickly! Glad to hear DH is doing better. I hope your friends will be safe from the fire.

Dallas -- glad you were finally able to get some zzz's. School ends mid-June. I need to read up on TT this weekend. I wasn't thinking of starting WSFL until June, anyway, so I still have wiggle room with where I'm going. Which program has piqued your interest most?

Wendi -- congrats on the fine showing! Those were some cool action shots. Handsome feller. Thanks for sharing. Do you get a chance to just breathe now?

Gloria -- Yeah, there was a time I was WAY more dedicated, apparently...*lol* I'd run in snow, rain, freezing temps, anything. Now I wonder WTH I was thinking. :7 I've definitely wussed out in my age. *lol* YESSSSSS on the BOSU!! :7 :7 :7

Jackie -- that does sound like a dream home...You know, it was odd. It hasn't felt like a terribly taxing week. I just had a headache and thought a little nap might nip it. Guess you're right, though--I musta been tired.

Well, my Gymboss arrived today as did my Wii Fit, so I'm off to give it a go! Have a great night, everyone!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Wendy – Enjoy the DOMS! And have fun training tonight!

Wendi – I get the weirdest looks when I say that I could sleep in until 5:30! :p I’m soo sorry to hear about your HR going through the roof with BCx2! I wonder what happened! Maybe you’re just overworked right now and need a rest. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

Cathy – When I think of HIIT, I think of what Craig describes. High intensity with low intensity recovery. After having done a few circuits on my bike, I know if I want to go all out, I have to cut way back on the recovery. I don’t see as much benefit to the other. *shrugs* Who knows – that’s why they get the big bucks and I don’t! :p I’m sticking with Craig for a while. I like the way I feel right now (although I am HUNGRY :p).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.