::: CHEETAHS ::: Thursday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! :) :) :)

Things are still crazy-busy here at my end, but I'm opting for a ponytail day, so I can squeeze in some personals. :)

Lorie :: I sent you a link to the Scrabulous board. No rush!

Wendi :: hope you get good news on the workfront.

Judy :: stay warm!…The HD was replaced yesterday, so I hope all goes smoothly this time.

Wendy :: I definitely agree with DH that good boots are KEY. If the feet ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.

Christine :: glad you whipped DH into shape w/out need of the hammer.

Carole :: sorry the yardwork did a number on your back.

Shelly :: we definitely do understand…my posting’s a little erratic right now, too…I actually didn’t do anymore grading last night (I promised the kids I’d go to their b’ball playoff game, so there was no time), but I’m confident it *will* get done by the end of this weekend. :)

Sunny :: So far, I’ve only done IC Vol. 1. Glad you had a great time on trip. Sorry about the delays on the return.

Lori :: yep, I’m taking a rest week, life-dictated. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Glad you got rid of the crankies.

Hi Jackie, Dallas, Posh, Linda, Kristi, and anyone else I'm inadvertently leaving off.

Sending good Thursday vibes and smiles to all! :7 :7 :7

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good morning all! Work tonight has been blessedly mellow for a change. I'm on only tonight and have tonight off, then it's back for a 3 night stretch.

Cathy- I'm amazed you have time to post at all! I have many pony tail days lately.... actually more like pony tail weeks. I sure hope it eases off for you soon! I think that is awesome that you would squeeze in the time to go the the b'ball playoff... did they win at least? Take care!

Today will be some fun cardio. I'm thinking I'll try CF on the Bosu.
Later will be 40 or so minutes on the EXT. Will also try to knock off some more painting and packing.

tata

ShellyC

Good Morning!

I caught up on personnals last night so I don't have to write to much today:)

Cathy** Sometimes we can get so much more done when we don't workout. LOL For the most part I would probably be going back and forth to the cupboards when DS is napping b/c I would be bored, there are only certain days off the week I could find other things to do while he naps. I did all of my housework last night though so I can workout every day that he naps this week}(

Shelly** Have fun with your workout today! Glad to hear you had a easy night!

Todays workout is a long run. Not sure how long. We will see when I get on there. 8 miles or further is my goal. Also have to find something to watch while I run! Forgot to record Cashemere mafia last night. Does anyone else watch this show? I love it!

BBL! Have a good day!!!

Lori:)

slacker cheetah here once again! i am SO SORRY i have been terrible with the personals lately. i can honestly say that work has been busier than ever and i am DROWNING!!! i keep getting slammed with referrals. i haven't even been able to work on my dissertation and i REALLY need to!

anyway, yesterday morning i did 4DS KB and shoulders and core as well as kickmax kicking and punching. i was dragging when i got home and had plans to go to dinner with an old friend who was in town so i did 4DS BC and HSTA cardio only on the bosu to get some energy. it worked! anyway...dinner was great as well as the two glasses of wine! today, i am a bit sore and just don't feel motivated to work out. i think i might take a rest day today and do some yoga tonight.

anyway, i hope to be back later. kishies to all you!!!

Good Morning Girls. :)

OMG my tushy is soooooooo sore from doin' L&B y'day! I don't think my cheeks have EVER been this sore before!:eek: B&G gives me awesome DOMS but even that is more so in the upper thigh area. My right cheek hurts to sit on! I'm gonna have toilet seat issues for sure today! LOL :7

Today's plan is a run this morning & some yoga this afternoon or this evening. I also have to squeeze in A/C+ some where but that shouldn't be too hard to do. Tomorrow will be Upper+ and then Saturday is my rest day and Sunday I start my first X+ recovery week! YAY! :)

WOW, I just sucked down 2 cups of java like it was nothin'!:eek: I guess that means I need to make another pot!}(

I'll be back!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’m tired this morning. And we’re taking all of the kids out for dinner tonight at Pizza Antiqua – which is fabulous – but not low cal. I think I’m going to have a mixed green salad and split a small pizza with tomatoes and basil with DH. That won’t be too bad. Today will be some kind of cardio, I’m not sure what.

Carole – HSTA on the BOSU was fun! Sorry about the mix up on the nephews! The blessing of a large family – eh? I’m glad you were able to do your workout without a lot of pain, even though the adjustment was painful!

Shelly – our friend had to have a disc removed that was pushing on a nerve causing him major pain. He’s a doctor, so I don’t know if he had the surgery because that’s the first option presented him, or if it was truly the only way to relieve it. I agree that the BOSU gives a tougher workout and is more fun! So glad you had a quiet night! Funny – everyone was talking about CF and suddenly it sounded fun – now you’re making me think I should try it on the BOSU!

Sunny – I’m laughing at us – we both hear a workout is killer, so what do we do? We order it! I’m actually looking forward to it. I want a few more KB’s too – I’d actually like another 15 and another 20 – then a few heavier! *sighs* :p Sounds like a good workout for you, as usual! I’ll bet it feels good to get back to normal.

Wendy - Good job on X Legs and Back. As that one gets the heart rate up there, I think you’re smart to skip cardio! Enjoy your run today! L&B gets me, too, especially if I haven’t done it in a while. It really targets it’s glutes!

Lori – Glad your PMS went away! Enjoy your run!

Cathy – Thanks for opting for a pony tail day to let us know you’re alive and kicking! You’re too sweet! I love that you go to the kid’s sporting events, too. Hope things calm down for you soon!

Lorie – Life as a teacher or school psychologist must be tough! Glad you can join us when you can! Enjoy your rest day! Glad you had a great time with your old friend!

Well, I think Shelly talked me into CF on the BOSU! I’m excited! I had actually forgotten about that one. I should really pull out all of my videos and plan a rotation with all of the old ones. :p DH cooked last night – curried chick peas and a spinach veggies mix that was incredible! I am NOT stepping on the scale today, though! The Indian spices bloat me to no end. I hate to say it, but I’m kind of looking forward to his leaving as he’s been taking me out, insisting on meeting for a drink at places, and now it’s dinner (and probably another dinner out tomorrow night just him and me). I need a week long detox from this week! I just wish it wasn’t THREE weeks. That’s about two weeks too long. Oh well. Have a great day ladies!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks, the back is doing better now. I see lots of you on FB playing the Scrabulous game, I have not looked into it though. I do like the Globes...:)

Shelley...my hip was a bit sore on the sunday run in Ashland. I have been consistent on my e-cises but I have not used the roller or iced and I think that helps more if this in fact ITB related. Hurting my back put a kink in my workouts too. We have been in this house for over 20 years so moving would be awful!! Hope you enjoyed your run and B&G yesterday. Looks like a killer cardio workout today.

Lorie...sounds like a good workout yesterday. Glad you got to have a nice dinner with your friend.

Wendy...sorry you will have toilet seat issues!! Sounds like the DOMS I had last week with B&G. ouchies!! Enjoy your run and yoga.

Christine...no problem about the nephews...:)...I am glad I only have 2. Pizza sounds good. My eating has not been great lately and I need to get back on track...

Sunny..DH, Sadie and I went to Ashland for my B-day. It is about a 2 hour drive. We had a blast!

Lori..good job with CF and PLB yesterday. Enjoy your long run today. No, I don't watch that show.

My turn for insomnia! I woke up about 3 and just layed in bed tossing and turning til 5...at least my work day is not too busy. Today I am doing freestyle leg work, abs, some upper body work and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

good morning Cheetahs!

Unscheduled rest days for me yesterday and today. Woke up yesterday morning about 2:00 am with a terrible stomach pain. Ate something and it eased up a litte. Did make it to work for about 4 hours and then went to the doctor. Have another stomach bacteria infection like I had a couple of years ago after taking naproxen. Don't know if it came from the antibiotics I was taking for the bladder infection. I was also taking some ibupropen for my hip. Told her I had had a couple of bouts of heartburn since Christmas. Doctor took my temp twice and I had a fever of 101. She took it a third time and it was 100. She said either way you still have a fever. Throat was a little red but no strep throat. She said it looked like I had some kind of virus starting. Asked me if I had been around anyone with strep. Told her I had been around someone with the flu. Boss came to work with the flu last week. I didn't test positive for flu but she gave me some Tamiflu to be on the safe side. I also have a cough but she said that could have come from the stomach problems. Stomach is better this morning with just some twinges of heartburn. Can't have any spicy or fried foods or any sweets. Just a bland diet. Of course, I don't eat fried foods and can't stand too much spicy stuff. Anyway, decided to wait a couple of days to get back into workouts. I don't want to start associating P90X with the flu. Ugh!! Needless to say I didn't feel like posting yesterday. Think I'm falling apart here. Will keep taking my acidophilus. Need to get some more probiotics.

Since I left early yesterday, I have some things to catch up on. I will try and get back for personals later.

Jackie

Jackie

Hello!!!

This will be a drive by post, but I plan on catching up when I get back later. :) Y-day, I did B&G (all standing, skipped floor work, and did abs), 3 miles easy - treadmill run, neck e cises, and stretching. Today, I did HSC on the Bosu. I may do a little something else later. I had a chiro appt y-day and he was pressing on the other side of my neck (the good side)...ummm...ouch! What the heck!?!??! I didn't feel anything until he pressed on it. ????

DH asked me this AM if I wanted a new treadmill or an elliptical for my b-day. Hmmm, after last week's little treadmill melt down, I should opt for the treadmill. However, it still works and I'd love to have an elliptical. Help!!?!? LOL!

I'll be back later...off to have breakfast with the girls! :)

Dallas

Good morning ladies!

I only have time for a fly by for now but I will get back later for personals. Although, I do want to send get-well {{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}} Jackie's way....I hope you feel better soon love!

So I'm off from work today so I slept in a little (about an extra hour) and was so psyched to have extra time (and energy) for a workout. I didn't go nuts...did LIC Cardio Blast then DM Total Body premix. It was a fun little mish mosh, not too hard, not too easy. I was thinking about a run this morning too but it is WAY too cold for that. Hopefully I'll get to squeeze a run in around the indoor ring tomorrow at work (now why hadn't I thought of that one earlier? DUH!!!). Looking to do around 3 or 4 miles, going easy on the foot still.

Okay, gotta get cracking. I still need to shower and clean the house some before I get to spend the rest of the day with SO.

Ciao for now!

Carole – Let’s do a challenge next week – totally clean eating for a whole week. I’m in if you are! Any anyone else can join who wants to. Sorry you had trouble sleeping! I HATE that. Good think you’re not too busy!

Jackie – Ohhh, I hope you’re feeling better soon!!! *Sending healing vibes*!!!

Dallas – I haven’t tried HSC on the BOSU yet. I LOVE HSTA on it. Oh my, that’s a tough choice! I think I’d take the EXT and when you run your current treadmill into the ground simply tell DH you need another one. :+

Wendy – That does sound like a fun mish mosh! Enjoy your relaxing day with SO!

Well, I did CF on the BOSU all except for the DM drills – I know many of you love those drills, but they just are not me. I think next time I do this, I’ll tack on 4DS BC – that will do it for me! I really had fun with this one! The full circle repeater took on a whole new meaning! As I skipped the drills, I did the BMax 2 combination twice – so fun! Now I could use a nap. :p

Hello Ladies.

I don't think I mentioned it this morning but I have the crud again. ACK! This time it's in the form of a sore throat. I'm back on Airborne. We'll see what happens....

That being said, I didn't want to push too hard during my run today so I traded in ITread 9/60 for ITread 9/40. I couldn't remember what 9/40 was like so I figured it would be a great one to do to refresh my memory. Ofcourse, having said I wouldn't push it...what did I do? I ran my heart out! LOL I got in 4 miles in 39:10! Anything under a 10 minute/mile average pace is great for me so I'm happy! I love how I seem to end up pushing harder when I think I want to hold back. Oh well. Whatever works, right? :p

Gotta grab some java and get lunch goin' for the munchkin. I'll be back with personals in a bit.

Ciao!:+

Hello Again!

I just put on my surgical mask to read the thread! :+ :p The news has been saying this is the worse flu season. *knocks on wood* I hope I paid my dues last year. That was not fun! ;( Sending healing {{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}} to Jackie and Wendy!

Wendy ~ Way to go on the run!! Take it easy, will ya?!??! LOL! Try and find that other stuff I mentioned. I tell ya, it worked like a charm for me. :) How's your bum? }( I have some too from B&G y-day. I wonder if you "crud" being back has anything to do with your insomnia y-day? That's when I seem to get sick as well.

Christine ~ You think like me!! I like it!!! LOL! }( You know I was thinking of adding HSTA cardio only after I finished HSC, but had no time nor energy! It got me good this AM. I checked the last time I did HSC on the Bosu, later I ran 5 miles on the treadmill. Not going to happen today...besides it's semi-recovery week. ;-) Really, you don't like DM drills?!??! I do love that workout! I've done DM cardio and legs the most. Thanks for the silly putty hammer :+ Hopefully, it won't be needed anymore. ;-)

Wendi ~ Enjoy your day with your SO! :) Glad your foot is on the mend!

Jackie ~ Glad you're taking acidophilus. I swear by that stuff. I've had my fair share of stomach issues. I feel so bad for you! ((((HUGS))))

Carole ~ That's a mess isn't it...when you see every hour on the clock when you should be sleeping!??! x( Nice workout plan!

Lorie ~ Sounds like you have a platter full! Hang in there!

Lori ~ You passed on your crusty attitude to me y-day. LOL! AND you jinxed me w/the PMS symptoms. ;-) I don't even have TTOTM anymore, so not sure what that was all about? How did the run go? Yeah, here's a good quote: "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing." LOL I love that one.

Shelly ~ Good luck with the painting AND packing!:eek: The initials are my dd's. IA about not wanting to move anything you don't really need. We did a huge purge as well before we moved.

Cathy ~ There's nothing wrong with pony tail days! ;-) Hope things calm down a bit!

Sunny ~ Are you still doing the TT rotations? Or NROLFW? Oh, it was time for a change...besides I don't like the Sox anymore. Just kidding!!! :+

Judy ~ Glad you're enjoying your recovery week. I think it's making me sleepier. LOL!

Posh ~ I'll pick up some mentholateish cream! :7 OK, when should shelly and I get there? ;-) I'm a bin/basket/container type of gal. :) Bed, Bath and Beyond has some nice fabric ones I have used in just about every room in my house to organize stuff. They come in nice colors to boot! Love to see the ski pictures. :)

Hi Kristi and Linda too!

Better go get some work done around here.

Dallas

HIya Cheetahs!

Don't have time to post personals as I'm winding up the last 2 days before I transfer but I wanted to post this information about the Nike marathon/half marathon ..... poo poo! I guess I could do another fundraising event with TNT to go...hmm....

"Due to an overwhelming three day sell out in 2007, the 2008 Nike Women’s Marathon registration will be held through a random drawing process.

RANDOM DRAWING PROCEDURE:
All interested participants must register for the random drawing online thru Active.com between March 4th and March 18th. We will randomly select runners to meet our cap of 20,000 participants. Only selected participants will have their credit card charged for the registration fee. Random drawing results will be posted on the Nike Women’s Marathon website on April 1st. An email with results will be sent to each applicant on April 1st.

GROUP REGISTRATION:
As we encourage participating with friends or family, we will provide the opportunity to register as a group. The group leader must select a GROUP ID (email address) for the whole group. Each individual will then use that GROUP ID during the registration process to identify them as part of that group.

Each individual will apply separately. Again, each applicant must put the same GROUP ID (email address) in the GROUP ID registration field to sign up as a group. Note: This is a separate field than the field for personal email address.

If that GROUP ID (email address) is selected, everyone in that group will be entered into the race.

Note: Registering as a group does not guarantee entry and also does not give you greater odds of being selected in the Random Drawing. Each GROUP ID will be entered into the Random Drawing once. It does however guarantee that you will be able to run with your friends or family if your GROUP ID is selected.

LEGACY RUNNERS:
Runners that have participated in the Nike Women’s Marathon for all 4 years (2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007) will be invited to participate again. These runners will receive a special email inviting them to register through Active.com on a special registration site.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide priority registration for all 50,000+ past participants, however we encourage all past participants to register through the random drawing.

TEAM IN TRAINING:
If you would like to participate with TNT and raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, you can do so by visiting www.teamintraining.org/nikewm. Participants running thru TNT need not register for the Random Drawing."

Good Afternoon Girls. :)

Well, after my faboo run this morning I was lacking the energy for Abs/Core+ so I skipped it and just did 30 minutes of Yoga X at nap time. I will do A/C+ *AFTER* Upper+ tmrw and I will NOT be adding the old ab wheel to the program unless it's the absolute LAST exercise I do!:p :7

My tush is soooooo sore from Legs and Back-OMG! It actually isn't feeling quite as tender as it did earlier thanks to the yoga but it's far from DOMS-FREE!}( THANK YOU, TONY!;) :*

Cathy: Thanks for the low-down on the ski boots. Something to think about for the future. :) So how was your day today...I mean, besides BUSY!:)

Shelly: I see we have another busy cheetah in our midst! Hope you had fun with your work outs today and got lots accomplished in the packing arena! So when are ya due to get the TJ work outs?

Lori: I've never seen Cashmere Mafia but I do want to see if I can catch Lipstick Jungle tonight! I think they are both Sex in the City-ish and I LOVED that show! :) How long did your run end up being? No tripping I hope!;)

Lorie: You are gonna laugh but I gotta tell ya this! The other day I wanted to ask you how your dissertation was coming along and I sat here for 5 minutes but could not for the life of me come up with the word "DISSERTATION"!!! I completely blanked on what it was called so I finally gave up and wrote something else! LOL I forgot that happened until you mentioned it in your post. Sorry you are so busy. I hope it calms down for you soon.

Christine: Enjoy your pizza dinner tonight! Sounds delish!:9 OMG does L&B ever target the glutes! Holy moly my cheeks are on fire today! LOL Glad you enjoyed CF on the bosu.

Carole: Sorry about the sleeplessness. I guess insomnia is contagious! Who knew!? :p Hope you sleep better tonight. B&G is a good one for DOMS for me. I have to do that Leg Blast Premix soon. It's been too long....}(

Jackie: (((HUGS))) I hope you feel better soon hon! I've been sick on and off for weeks now myself but nothing as serious as what you are going through. I hope you are back to your old self real soon!:)

Dallas: I TRIED to take it easy but it obviously didn't work! LOL I shouldn't ever say I'm gonna go for an easy run when I don't feel well cause that's when I push my hardest. I'm such a dork! LOL I don't blame you for the mask! It wouldn't surprise me if the germs came through the computer screen at this point! And now it appears that insomnia is contagious as well!;) So when are you hittin' that crazy stair work out again?? }(

Wendi: Enjoy your afternoon with your SO. :)

Thomasina: Thanks for the Nike info though I won't even attempt to get in on this one. I hope if anyone here tries that they get in. It would be fun to hear about another cheetah race gtg soon. :)

Looks like I'm all caught up on personals. Off to peruse the rest of the forums while I finish my afternoon java! :9

DH bowls tonight and I have no plans so I should be back later for sure!

Ciao!

Hey Posh - why don't we all register as a group - we could be the Cheetah Group. I'm sure at least 4 of us will register. That way if one gets in we all do?

i am sorry to say that i have only skimmed above. i have been drowning in work. i even had to eat lunch at my desk while writing a report (i wrote three today!). these things are around 20 pages! luckily, i have it down pretty well. anyway, i know this time of year is always busy but i can honestly say i have NEVER been this busy. not to mention that i have done ZERO on my dissertation!!!

i did take a full rest day today. i was just mentally tired, no more like exhausted. i came home from work and played on the computer for a while and vegged out.

i apologize in advance if my posts are a bit sparse for a bit. i just need to get back on track.

i did see the nike marathon post. i DEFINITELY think we should register as a group. i don't want to do it unless i can run with my cheetahs! not even for a tiffany necklace! ;-)

planning on iTrain boot camp or circuit circus for tomorrow and maybe 4DS legs (i like that it's short and sweet!).

Well, it's pretty quiet around here and I'm tired so I think I'm gonna hit the hay early tonight. Curling up with NROL4W sounds like a good plan. I'll probably be snoring before 9:30. :)

Until tmrw ladies...:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.