:::Cheetahs:::Thursday:::

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Mornin' Girls!

Our early bird 5am thread starter girl is in Colorado right now so I figured I'd get us started this morning. I'm actually surprised someone else didn't beat me to it but if alot of you are on vacation from work then you are probably sleeping in a bit and I don't blame ya! :)

I have one of two work outs on tap. I just have to decide what I'm in the mood for...SSE's cardio sculpt plus yoga or a run. Decisions!:p Whatever I don't do today I will do tmrw or saturday.

So what's goin' on ladies? How is everyone going to ring in the new year?? }(

Hello ladies,

wendy- i am sitting here trying to decide what i am going to do today also. i didn't do back or cardio yesterday (ran out of time) so i need to do that today. i was going to go for a run but i was sitting here talking to my sis before she left and now i don't feel like running. i am contemplating an imax.

not sure what i will do for new year's eve. unfortunately dh has to work that nightx( x(

BBL....:)

Good morning Cheetahville!

I'm a little short on time this morning so this will be (somewhat) brief. I met my friend at the gym at 5:30 this morning and we did 45 min on the TM...I did a steady state run, she ran 10 min and walked the rest but got a great workout. We ran out of time to do 4DS C/B there so I came home and banged that out. I can't wait to get my hands on all those heavy DBs }(! It'll be fun do train with heavy weights with her...she's an ox, and I mean that in a GOOD way! I'm no weakling but she puts me to shame :eek:!

Linda - I'm not sure if you'll see this but I'm so excited about coming home this evening and finding a Cathe package at my door! Thanks again darling!

Wendy - Thanks for starting us off today. Have fun with whatever you pick...both are goodies! New Year's, for me, is almost a non-holiday as it's way past this Cheetah's bedtime and I always have to work on the 1st anyway. I am taking Monday off to spend with SO and am looking forward to seeing Sweeney then. How about you?

Sunny - Sorry DH has to work New Year's eve. How late will he be? I think an Imax would be a great idea for today! Whatever you decide on...enjoy!

Okay, gotta motor. I should have time to stop in after work and before bowling. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy......sounds like you fried the legs well yesterday. I am sure we will ring in the new year quietly..:)..so which workout did you pick?

Sunny...an Imax sounds fun...:)

Wendi...glad the blisters are not bad anymore and you can get back to running. Way to go at the gym with your friend and then 4DS C&B!

Carla...http://bestsmileys.com/signs13/24.gif[/img] I live in Calif and have run for about 30 years! Married without kids. I have had some weight issues myself and the cheetahs here help me stay motivated!

Judy...sorry abut the tough run with GI issues. I think most of us ate crappy the last few days. I don;t have trouble with the sweets, just everything else!

Shelly...way to go on the 22 that clips on your belt. I had a CWP a long time ago and my DH is always bugging me to get one as he has one, but it doesn't matter to me. I rarely ever run my long distances alone. I am actually more Vegetarian than Vegan, but this is the 1st time Sadie has been around MEAT. What's a dog to do!!...:)

Lorie...good find on the Bosu!!! Sounds like you had a blast shopping. I know that vanilla vodka would have made me puke!! That was some big shot glass, so glad you recovered and were able to eat!!

Christine...way to go with ASCII!! Sounds like you had fun.

Jackie...glad the heartburn is gone. I bet picking out stuff for the new house is fun. Good job with iTread 21.

Linda...Have a blast in Las Vegas.

I took a rest day yesterday. Talked with my DH about my family's dysfunctionality (during Xmas) over coffee yesterday morning, and my workout just did not happen. Which might be good anyways for my hip/thigh issue. Today will be upper body and abs, 20 min on my EXT before a chilly 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Hello Cheetahs-

Carole- The rest day probably did your mind and body some good. We had a few "comments" too about some observations at the Christmas Eve Party.

Wendi- Tell us what you got from Linda !

Linda- Hope you are Lucky in Vegas:)

Wendy- Thanks for starting us off today. We may go to a friends' for New Years or not... Last year we hosted a big party on both Christmas Eve and New years Eve. That was just crazy! (But we had just moved into our new home)

Jackie- Have fun with Grace. Do you have many decisions left for the new home?

Christine- I forgot to mention, your Jimmy pictures are so sweet. He really is a sweet looking dog. How do you like your watch? DH got me a Cartier watch for our anniversary.

Lorie- Did you experiment with the BOSU yet?
Lori- Is DS more at peace with the regular routine re- established?

This morning was LIC on the BOSU. I had to make a few modifications in moves. The BOSU surface made it quite challenging. I was dripping with sweat in the cardio/BOSU segments. I attempted the abs section on the BOSU, it made me feel like I had just given birth~ no ab strength while lying on the BOSU. Perhpas I need to get more comfortable with ab exercises on the BOSU before tackling a "Cathe ab" session on it.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Napa was a lovely time. We went to visit to condo – it’s a lot further a long than we thought it would be! YAY! Then we took dad through the town of Napa and up to Yountville. Visited Domain Chandon and had an excellent host there. Then we went to Mustards for lunch/dinner. I had a lemon garlic chicken that is possibly the best chicken I have ever had. YUM! Then we came home. It was very nice. Today is a make up work out day. I’m going to do ASCII (1-3 and might add 4), then I’ll do 4DS B&B and Legs. I’m looking forward to a really hard core workout!

Judy – Napa is beautiful and very fun. I hope you do come out – we’ll have to do a Cheetah GTG! My DH collects pinot noirs – which have a shorter shelf life. But I love all of the wines. Has your DH ever tried Joseph Phelps Insignia? It’s supposed to be one of the top cabs. It’s excellent. Sorry for the bad run yesterday! That is so tough! I hate those GI issues while I run!

Shelly – Sounds like you got a great workout in yesterday and are all revved up and ready to go! That was a very thoughtful and sweet gift from your DH! I’m glad you are protected now. As I lived in New Mexico, I do know how lonely those country roads can get. I think that’s one of the reasons I have dogs – I hike too many of those lonely trails and a dog is decent protection too. But I know your guys are runners. Thanks for the comments on watching the tutorials for ASCII. It’s a complicated confusing workout, but I was able to get most of the moves by watching them a few times. The third combo I stared at confused, but by her 3rd run through, I was getting most of it. It’s a blast! Thanks for enabling me!

Carla – again – welcome! We’re happy you’re here! Glad you found your way back to Cathe!

Lorie – you crack me up! Good for you for your shopping trip AND LOVE the part of charging it all on xDF’s charge card! YEAH for the BOSU! Sorry you got schnockered off of two double drinks!

Jackie –enjoy your family! We’ll be here! Sounds like you got in some great workouts!

Wendi – I’m happy you were able to run without your blisters bothering you! Have fun with the CC’s and iTreads with your new MP3 player! I know what you mean about eating well – it’s SOO nice to be back to normal! Resist a workout? Why? :p Sounds like you had a great workout this morning! Always nice to have a friend to workout with!

Linda – ASCII is a blast. There is a big learning curve, but it’s so fun. The moves are so different too. Jimmy did not like the ears, but he does love me enough that he’ll put up with them, even though he gets this look on his face that says he’s not enjoying it one bit. Too funny!

Cathy – Hope you’re up and on the slopes! Enjoy!

Wendy – Thanks for starting the thread! Enjoy whichever workout you decide to do! I think for New Year’s, DH and I are simply planning to stay at home. The couple whose house we normally go to are not having the party (she has some major GI issues – like Chrone’s (sp) diease but actually worse so she’s not up to partying) and we did not make reservations anywhere, so we’ll be the old fuddy duddies. :+

Sunny – Did Wendy pass you the Indecisive Cheetah Chip? Wendy! :p Enjoy whatever workout you do – they all sound great!

Carole – I guess the Pats game will be on NFL, CBS AND FOX – that’s a bit of overkill! Nice to have a long talk with DH. Glad you got a rest day! Enjoy your run today! It IS chilly! Brrrr!

Judy – Thanks for your comments on Jimmy’s photos. He is a sweet dog – very loving and very goofy. My Aussies just make me smile. I adore them. You are really making me want a BOSU! LIC on a BOSU sounds TOUGH, but fun! What a way to make a workout that is fun, but not as hard as some, much harder. I love my watch, thank you! Ooooh, a Cartier watch? Sounds lovely!

Well, I guess it’s time to feed the doggies and then I have to go outside and flip the one circuit that was killed last night and left the garage in the dark and seems to have affected out cable. Have a great day all! I’ll BBL – I’m home today. I could get used to this “Lady of Leisure” life style. :p

wendy-you are the early-bird-thread-starter for today! for my vacation, i am going to try to sleep in EVERY day since i get up soooo early when i am working. what workout did you decide on?

sunny-sorry about DH having to work new year's eve. i think it's better to be home (or close to home) with all the drunk drivers out there. you know my choice would be IMAX2. i don't like IMAX3, but IMAX2 is one of my favorite workouts!!!

wendi-great job on today's workout! the heaviest dumbells i have are 25's and i am not sure how much use those will get!!! good for you on starting to increase your weights!

carole-yes, i am super excited about my bosu! so, how "chilly" will your run be? i can't run outside when it's too cold. i am spoiled by having a treadmill. i used to run outside no matter what the weather, but now, i have really become spoiled!

judy-OMG LOL about feeling like you just gave birth!!! makes me a little scared to try mine! LIC might be a good one to try once my hip gets better.

so, i have NO idea what my workout will be today. my hip still really hurts but i *think* it feels a little better than yesterday. i do have a few things i need to exchange and return so i will probably do that.

yesterday with BF was fun. we had a great time together and i got some really great gifts (even if i did have to find my favorite one on my own ;-) ). it was nice to hang out and relax. we watched tv, ate too much, and just enjoyed being together. i hope this new and improved BF stays around. maybe there will even be a renewed engagement in the future if he keeps behaving!!!

i hope everyone is having a great day!

ETA:
christine-you sneaked in whiel i was posting! yes, i think the charging on his card was a very good idea! glad you had fun in napa and the condo is coming along. i know exactly what you mean about this "lady of leisure" lifestyle. i could definitely get used to it!!!

Hey Lorie - glad DBF is acting like he should towards his Cheetah Princess! It is nice to hear you so happy again. Enjoy your workout (whatever you decide) and your shopping trip!

Hello cheetahs! I had a nice fun day yesterday but tonight it's back to work:( sigh... I was only able to do BM2 cardio and leg circuit before I had to leave to meet my niece and her DH for hiking. I thought we were going to a location that is a relatively easy hike but when I got there they said they wanted more of a challenge and we ended up hiking up Granite mtn-- took 3 hrs total.
They both kept up with their old Auntie just fine, but then again I had already worked out;-) So, anyway... that was more then enough workout for even me! Soaking in the jacuzzi last nite felt so good!!
I did wake up to unsettling news though. I'm referring to the assassination of Bhutto in Pakistan. Many of you know that my sister and her DH are working for the state dept. in Peshawar. The niece I went hiking with yesterday is her DD. The whole country right now is a mass of chaos and I'm fretting with worry over her!

Lorie- Wow, you had quite the shopping day yesterday!! Congrats on scoring on the Bosu!!! I got a kick out of your story on accidently ODing on the ETOH! That's great that your BF has apparently started to realize what a prize you are. Hope it continues!

Wendy- Ah, that's our Wendy.... decisions decisions! LOL. I'm sure it'll be a great sweaty workout whatever you choose. Well, my new year's eve plans.... I'll be working. What a shock!!!

Sunny- What did you end up doing for a workout? I don't remember if you mentioned it before, but does your sis run also?

Wendi- WOW girl! That was an great workout you got in so early in the morning! Already up going full steam ahead :eek: :eek:

Carole- I'm stunned... a real entire rest day? That must have been some family event to have needed so much "recovery" so to speak!
Sounds like you really getting back into it in a big way though today!

Judy- You really have me intrigued with your Bosu workout descriptions. I would have thought that the surface would make the Cathe cardios easier, not harder..... very interesting! I did get a nice gift card to my favorite local sporting goods store but I'm not sure if they carry Bosus or not... I'll be checking it out for sure!

Christine- I don't blame you for breaking up ASCII and only doing the first 3. It's really as much of a mental challenge as well as physical ( at least initially ) It'll really all start to click with you soon. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Napa!!

Carla- That's great to see you checking back in yesterday! Welcome again to cheetahville. If you are looking to get out of a funk and back into running and a fit way of life there's no better place to come to for inspiration IMHO.

I think that about catches me up for today. Today I'll be doing the iTread #24- interval run for 60 min and then following with PUB since I didn't have time to get in an upperbody workout yesterday.

ShellyC

Christine- We have hadth eJoseph Phelps Insignia and have some in our storage area. We had a pretty good Heitz 03 cab last night at dinner.

Shelly- The BOSU looks easier than it is (for 'Cathe step moves' anyway). The stable foot area is smaller so it requires careful foot placement and quick stabilization before moving onto the next move. ~Nice 3 hour hik~. I will keep Dsis in my thoughts and prayers .

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

christine and shelly-well, as far as xDF/BF/whatever, we will see if the trend continues. i hope it does, but we all know people sometimes change initially to get what they want then take it for granted again. although, i am not going to think about that. it is what it is right now and that's a good thing.

so, i did the dvd that comes with the bosu (it has candace copeland on it). it was kind of lame but i wanted to make sure i was used to it. then, i did LIC onthe bosu. WOW!!! what a difference! i am sure my abs will be sore tomorrow from all that balancing. judy is right. the LIC step is usually pretty easy for me but doing it on the bosu is a totally different story!!! i was definitely breathing hard on the blasts!!! i also really like that you can jump without the impact of hitting a hard surface. i can't wait to try one of cathe's higher impact step workouts!

my hip didn't hurt at all. it only hurts when i stretch it or touch the area around it. it's weird, where it hurts when i stretch is in my piriformis, but where it hurts to the touch is the just under the outside of my hip bone. i think the low impact of the bosu helped. i will probably tackle miranda later.

that's all for now, cheetah babes!

I did the warm up and combo four of ASCII, then went back and did 1-4. What fun! I’m getting it better and the time just flies (and my HR is WAY up there!). I followed it with 4DS Back and Biceps – is it me or is there mainly biceps with a little bit of back work tossed in on this one? I’ll do legs tomorrow.

Shelly – I’ll definitely keep your sister and her DH in my prayers! It is scary over there! Nice workout yesterday! I love a good hike and that one sounded good! I’ll bet that Jacuzzi felt good. I just want to thank you for enabling me on ASCII – I do enjoy it every bit as much as KBX. Such fun and refreshing and TOUGH workouts!

Judy – I love Heitz, too! We went to a wine tasting that had a lot of the Heitz cabs and they were delicious! You would love visiting out here! :p

Lorie – you’re right – it’s a wait and see game with xDF. I’m just happy to hear the joy in your voice – but I think it’s more that you’ve found yourself than anything xDF is doing. Oh no – you’re enabling me too with the BOSU!! But part of my deal to myself is no more videos or equipment until I lose some weight. So… Glad your hip feels better!

Hey Girls!

Indecisive but incredibly creative Cheetah reporting in!:7

I just finished my newest mish/moshed work out. Here's what I did:

Bosu Reactive Power & Strength warm up and upper body work.
SSE Cardio Sculpt skipping the cool down.
CTX Kickbox Arm Drills only.
Get Ripped 1000 Cardio only.
CTX Kickbox stretch.

I may sneak my yoga in tonight after DS is in bed but I'm not sure yet.

Gotta go tend to a sink full o' dirty dishes now. x(

BBL though!:)

wendy-did you do the ripped 1000 cardio on the bosu? that might be an idea. i really want to try an all-step workout on it next. i've already looked at collage's bosu videos and see some oredering in my future!

christine-consider yourself enabled. i wasn't sure i would like it and i really do.

Hiya ladies!

Well, that darling Linda got me HSTA! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I've been eyeing that one up for a long time as I *love* circuits! Like I said to Linda...probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me :D. Thank you so much! I know that one is going to get a lot of use }(.

Carole - I agree with Shelly that that must have been some conversation with DH to require a rest day but what a way to make up for it today...well done!

Judy - Oh no, more BOSU enabling x(. My horoscope says I should not spend money right now but what's a girl to do? If you're feeling LIC like you described then it's got to be good! WOW!

Christine - Oh, it sounds like you had a wonderful time yesterday! I'm so glad that you are enjoying your "Lady of Leisure" time :p. Nice workout today! Count me in the fuddy duddy group for New Year's.

Lorie - I can't wait to be able to 4DS properly without having to hold two or more DBs to make the weight heavy enough. Trying to do pullovers with a 30lb BB is tough on the wrists x(. It's so nice to hear positivity in your posts these days! I hope the change in xDF/BF is permanent...you deserve nothing but the best. I have to echo Christine's sentiment that it sounds like you have found yourself through all of this mess. Nice job on BOSU LIC...you and Judy are a wicked team }(.

Shelly - WOW, that was quite the "workout" yesterday! I'm sure that jacuzzi was heavenly after all of that! Oh how scary...I didn't realize your sis and DH were in Peshawar. I will keep them (and you) in my prayers.

Wendy - Nice mish/mosh!!! It wears me out just reading it. Now go show those dishes who's boss!

Gotta run for now. I've got a couple of errands, then gifts with SO, then bowling. Hopefully, I can sneak back in at some point. Take care!

hey ladies,

well i finally was able to get in a workout. i spent most of the day putting my house back together since all of my company has left. i did 4DS back and bi's, abs on the bosu and then 4ds KB! i feel nice and worked out.

wendy- nice mish-mosh!!

christine- lol, we almost did the same workout today :D

wendi- linda is a sweetie. you will definitely enjoy HSTA}(

lorie- glad to see BF got you the BOSU. i had a sneaking feeling he was:)

shelly- i am definitely keeping your sil in my prayers. i am sure all will be well.

carole- no imax for me today. glad you got in a rest, sounds just like what the dr. ordered for your hip/thigh issues.

we are having movie night tonight. have a great night ladies!

i wanted to let the bosu people know that i just ordered the CIA:2604 double cardio (which has a step workout and a bosu workout) from deepdiscount.com. i previewed it on collage (looks good) and it is 19.95 plus shipping. i got it at deep discount for 15.22 and no shipping fees.

just an fyi...

i am also eyeing rob glick's bosu cardio fusion. unfortunately, deep discount doesn't have it!

Wendi - I had to pop in to make sure the DVD came! Yay! I am so glad it made it! Enjoy! I love that workout!

Hi to all Cheetahs! Gotta run so I can get to bed so I can get up in the morning. I am mostly packed. Just my "bathroom" stuff and that has to stay out until I get ready in the morning. Have a good week everyone! Stay safe and have a wonderful New Year's, weekend and week!

Linda

Hi Cheetahs.

Here I am for personals...better late then never, right? ;)

Sunny: Awwww, sorry your DH has to work NY's eve.

Wendi: A 5:30am start at the gym!? Yikes! And I used to be proud of myself for getting to a 7:30 weight lifting class on saturdays once in a while! You put that to shame! LOL DH and I are going to Atlantic City compliments of my mom and her BF. The BF is somewhat of a "high roller" and he's nice to us. We all go to the casino's New Years Eve dinner/dance party. We've been able to go every year for a few years now. :) The first time we went I was pregnant with Joey. No hangover THAT New Year's Day!LOL

Carole: I hope talking to your DH about the family helped you a bit. I know talking about things helps me feel better lots of times.

Judy: Interesting experience you had doing abs on the bosu. I can't help you as I've done very little traditional ab work on it. I DO hope it gets better for you though.

Christine: Glad you had a great time in Napa. Hope you enjoy your quiet NY's eve this year.

Lorie: Nice to hear that you and DF's relationship is improving. I hope the trend continues. Thanks for the heads up on Deep Discount. I love that site for REALLY cheap deals otherwise I will tend to go for Collage despite the savings and free shipping DD offers. I can tend to buy work outs and end up not liking them and Collage has the money back gaurantee. It's worth it to me for as often as I pick duds. LOL

Shelly: How did you like the 60 min Itread interval run? I want to pick that one up in the next couple of months but I am a little afraid of it. LOL

Linda: Have a safe trip!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.