:: CHEETAHS :: Thursday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, ladies :) :) :)

I am getting an MRI first thing this morning, so it will be a run + 200 walking lunges later this evening, after it cools off some.

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!

I can't believe I am up this early when I don't have to work! I have been sleeping in a bit too much lately. :7

Cathy: If you don't mind my asking (and forgive me if I should know this already-brain like a sieve-but...) what is the MRI for? Hope it's something minor! Thanks for the help/advice with my half training. I really appreciate it. Being able able to come here and ask those kinds of questions is sooo great!:)

So today is a run and food shopping for sure. Anyone know the weather report? I am watching the news but haven't seen it yet. It's quite lovely out there right NOW but I'm curious how lovely it will BECOME so I know if I should even CONSIDER trying to get out there so that Joey can play for a bit...

I am having a brain MRI - they are checking for any signs of activity in there. :p :D No, it's not a serious concern; it was ordered by the chiro, who seems to think there is a connection between the migraines/regular headaches and the vision problems and possibly even the sinuses, all of which I have had for years. I've always just thought it's part of life, no big deal, deal with it - but she seems to think some of these things can be treated.

I imagine Carole and Shelly and Elaine, who have many more long distance races under their belts, will see your question & weigh in with their training advice & experienced wisdom. :)

The forecast for today is that temps are going up to 87-90. It'll be sunny & humid. A cold front is coming - low 80s for the weekend.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Cathy: Well in that case I hope the MRI turns up something they can work with to help you beat the headaches/vision troubles! That was be great if you didn't have to deal with that any longer. Yeah...I saw the weather just a little bit ago...YUCK! When I let the dog out this morning it was so cool and breezey that I thought I might have a fighting chance for a decent day...Oh well!:-(

G'morning Cheetahs!!

Cathy ~ G/L w/ the MRI. I have lots of migraines/ sinus issues & my Dr. had said at some point I might have an MRI also. Let us know how it goes!! Great job w/ the run last night!

Wendy ~ Just wanted to say, great job on getting more clients!! You *do* look great, girl!!! I think an Oct. half is definitely do-able for you. Definitely listen to your body & if you're feeling tight in any places make sure you're stretching and taking care of it!!

I'm back from a 5.25 mile run + 225 walking lunges. I've been trying to add on the lunges after every run & I have to say that I'm feeling a difference from doing them! My running buddies affectionately call me the *lunge queen*. LOL I have YogaX on tap for later.

Ended up taking Allison for a walk y'day, almost 4 miles! Not planning to go that long but it was nice & we were enjoying it!

Have a great Thursday!

Jess

Good morning Cheetahs! Not alot of time this morning I'm afraid, it's been busy at work. Tomorrow night should be even worse, but then I get a break :7

Jackie- Congrats on getting the home loan!

Wendy- Go for it}( (What else would you expect me to say?)

Cathy- Hope the MRI goes well for you and that you are not claustrophobic. I think it's a great idea of your doc's to check this out!

Jess- aka the Lunge Queen- Awesome job with the run today!

Today will be a 3 mile run when I get home and Leaner Legs when I wak up:7

Later,

ShellyC

Cathy...the only bug we say after it flew into my face was a bee. I kinda think a yellow jacket as I know besides stinging they also bite, but I am unsure, whatever it was it did not mix well with me! I hope the MRI finds some answers for you. Maybe we can both stay away from DR's for a few months!! Except chiro's as they help...Yes, too much drama on the OD lately...Good job with GS legs and a run yesterday. Sorry about LV not working out for you....:(

Wendy...I think 12 weeks is feasible for a half. Especially if you still will walk/run it. And yes, stick by the 10% rule for increasing weekly mileage. It has been a long time since I trained for a half. But some thing I went by back then was doing double the race distance as my weekly amount of running. So I worked up to running 26 miles a week and kept my mileage there until the half. I also don't think training for a half and a full have much in common. It is a lot tougher on your body running 26.2 miles instead of 13. Remember, it was a long time ago when I trained for a half and I did run the full 13.1 miles a few times in training as I wanted to make sure I could do the distance, but that is just me and training is a bit different these days.

Jess...good job on all those lunges! IMO that is one of the best exercises for your legs. Enjoy Yoga later.

Shelly...Sounds like work is way busy. Have a good run and fun tackling LL later.

AMy...good luck getting your room set up for school.

Jackie...yes, I can see again!!! Congrats on the house loan!! Are you going for something bigger? Good job with th interval run with Grace.

I am doing PLB standing as I blew it off Tues, and at least 40 min on my EXT. Interesting as I think the cortisone shot helped my body all over and not just the swelling face....geeze, maybe I can get one every few months!!!

Have a great day...:)

Thanks for the feedback on the October half everyone! :) You gals are the bestest!:*

I have decided that I would personally really like to go for it. If I am uncomfortable with how I am progressing once it gets closer I can always go back to my original plan of the Phila half in November. I have emailed my friend to see what she thinks. I hope she is up for it too! If we follow the training plan we are doing right now then we will have conquered an 11 mile run prior to race day so we should be golden!:)

So I did ITread 3/40 mins today. I covered 3.65 miles. I'm happy.:)

Jess: Kudos to you for sticking to those walking lunges girl! I don't know if I could bang out nearly as many after a run. You are da' bomb!:)

Shelly: LOL, you are right. What else could I possibly expect YOU to say but GO FOR IT! LOL ;) Although I am sure if you didn't feel I could do it that you wouldn't say that so thank you. The confidence that you and the rest of the Cheetahs have in me makes me feel soooo great!(((HUGS)))

Carole: Thanks for your feedback on the half training. I will (unfortunately) not be able to make it to 26 weekly miles prior to this half but perhaps I can do that down the line when I am training to run the entire thing the next time. See? I am already planning a 2nd and I haven't even done the 1st one yet!!! How's that for a CRAZY Cheetah! }( :7 }( Glad your face is on the mend. Cool that the shot helped other areas as well. Enjoy your work out!

Hey guys!

Wendy-are you going to run PDR (Philadelphia Distance Run)? I did this one the last 2 years and loved it both times! Any chance any Cheetahs are going along?

Cathy-question for you (or anybody else who knows how)...how do you post a picture in an actual post??? I can't figure it out!

I'm late on here today...busy packing up for our weekend camping trip. We're leaving tomorrow, sometime after lunch, and will be back Monday sometime around dinner. I will need time Monday night to unpack and clean up, then get the kids cleaned up and in bed early, since school starts Tuesday for ALL 3 of us!

No workout today. I've decided to lay low the next few days and pick up nice and strong on Tuesday. Trying to keep my eating in check, but you know how that goes! LOL

OH! And I've been dealing with a carpenter ant infestation! The kids and I went shopping yesterday and came home to a sink FILLED of these big black ants! I FREAKED! I was using the sink hose sprayer to try to rinse them down the drain, all the while trying to rinse off the few dishes in there and put them in the dishwasher, trying to spray the ants to keep them in the sink! lol Plus...all that while calling the pest control folks. The boys were literally laughing at the scene...I probably would have also...water was flying everywhere, dishes were being shoved in the d/w, and ants were trying to escape...with ME hooting and hollering! Finally, I got the vaccuum out, figured out where they were coming from, and the pest guy came and sprayed, baited, and sprinkled every nook and cranny. $300 later, I'm ant-free, guaranteed for a year. Geesh! I was WIRED after that! LOL

Gayle

Gayle, I was actually going to run the Phila half that is a new addition to the Phila Marathon held in November. They just added the half last year. Now I am looking at a half that takes place here in Seaside, NJ on October 21st instead. :)

Wendy-I'll have to look at that Seaside Half. When you decide which one you're doing, let me know. I may invite myself to join you!

Gayle

Hello Cheetahs!

I don't have time for personals today. I have to get everything done here at work before I leave. Then, I have to get gas and go home and do a little tidying up. I leave in the morning for Chicago.

My workout today was Mindy Mylrea's Strength Express and a 2 mile run.

Will talk to you in a week unless I can squeeze in a quickie check in while I'm gone.

Have a safe and fun holiday!

Jackie

Hello Cheetahs! Another busy day here. We are finally going to have some cooler temperatures this weekend (mid 80’s). What a nice change from the almost 5 weeks of 90-100 degree weather we’ve been having.

RE: the LV GTG – Unfortunately ladies I will need to bail out of this GTG. After much thought, I think it would be better for me not to go. Christmas would be a matter of weeks away and I can’t guilt-free go on a trip at that time. However, I would have loved to finally meet you all. I’m sure I would be able to do a GTG in the spring.

Wendy – Good luck with your HM decision. I’m sure you will have enough training by Oct 21st to do well, but waiting until close to then to decide is a smart decision. I’m thinking about doing a HM on Oct 21st too. It is a small local one and a flat fast course. I would love to do it even though my mileage isn’t anywhere close to where it needs to be to run the whole thing. Maybe I will walk/run it instead to get another HM under my belt before heading into winter.

Cathy – Good luck with the MRI. Did they see any brain activity? LOL But seriously, I hope they are able to find out what is triggering your migraine/headaches. When I was younger I had an MRI for my migraines, but they didn’t find anything. Luckily I get mine maybe 2-3 times a year or when I am pregnant. Anyway, how far do you think you will be running today?

Carole – I’m glad your eye is doing better. I had to laugh at getting a cortisone shot every few months. Haven’t you seen the doctor enough? LOL :)

Jackie – Congrats on your home loan. Do you already have a house picked out? Sorry if you have answered this question already. Have a great time in Chicago.

Shelly – Have a good night at work and a nice 3 miler today!

Amy – You’ve been working really long hours lately. I hope you are planning on having a relaxing 3 day weekend.

Gayle – Enjoy your camping trip. How is the 30 days without meat going?

Hi Jess, Judy, Susan, Christine, and anyone else I may be missing!

Hey, cheetahs~

Tried to pop back in about midday but then I got tied up with cell phone troubleshooting. I had a knowledgeable techie who actually spoke native English, so although the process was long, it was pleasant.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well for the MRI. It was an upright MRI, so I sat up in a chair with a cage-like device around my head and watched TV during the 20 minute procedure. However, I am just the sort of spaz who, as soon as you tell me not to blink or move, I can’t control myself. *lol* My legs, for some reason, kept shaking. Glad it’s done, and even more glad I did not have to lie down in the box!

Wendy :: Sounds like a good plan to keep the Nov. HM as a backup *just* in case you’re not ready. But you will be. :) Good run today. I have been annoyed with my iPod lately ~ I keep it on shuffle mode, and it keeps picking the SAME DANG SONGS every time I run. You’d think with 500+ songs, that wouldn’t happen.

Shelly :: glad you have a break coming up soon. Hope you enjoyed the run and LL.

Jess :: enjoy yoga tonight. Do you still do YogaX in two parts?

Amy :: did you manage to get all set up in one day or do you need to go back?

Carole :: interesting about the cortisone shot…yes, let’s try to avoid the docs, shall we? Although it is my chiro’s fault, I keep having to make more appointments! *lol*

Gayle :: I see your question about the photos was already answered on the O/D forum…I probably will not do the Distance Run…may do the Ben Frank 10K in November but I have still not committed to any races at this point…sorry about the ant infestation! Did the whole house have to be treated?

Jackie :: have a fantastic time in Chicago ~ we’ll miss you while you’re gone!

Kristi :: I did get a copy of the MRI films, and well, my head looks disgusting! Alien-like. *lol* …I’ll probably do 3 miles or so. I’d intended to build my mileage back up this summer, but the leg-intensive rotations (I’m in week 10) have prompted me to keep it where it is.

Hoo-ha!!! DOMS has definitely set in now }( …my post-run lunges tonight are going to be interesting, for sure. :) It’s still a tad muggy so a couple more hours before I hit the bricks.

Hey cheetahs,
I have not abandoned you guys, I swear:) It has been so busy getting my little Mariah off to Kindergarten and all the other kiddies settled in their new classes. I am finally caught up with all the chores and stuff I had to do after my dad left. My friend Mary had some problems and has had some heart issues from the drugs that she has been taking for her breast cancer. I have been spending a lot of time with her and making sure that she is okay. She is starting another round of chemo today.

I will post a pic of Mariah Muffin on her first day of school. She was so cute and such a big girl about it. I was the one that was crying and taking a ton of pics. I am so PROUD of her. She is my heart and gets me through everyday in life. All my girls do:) Okay, enough of that.

I have been RUNNING!!!!!!! Yes, I said RUNNING!!!! I have been doing 3 miles 3 times a week. It feels great! I am going to take it to 3.5 miles next week and gradually add my mileage. I did order the chi book for running last week and hopefully I will get that soon.

My ITB issues are pretty much non-existent right now. I just keep foam rolling and stretching. I am good. Now, If I could just stop eating. I have all this nervous energy lately. I think it is all the excitement about school and my dad being here. When I am like that I eat EVERYTHING in sight.

I hope everyone is well and I am ready to be back in the mix.

Well ladies, I will be back tomorrow.

Shelly, the check is in the mail. Sorry about the delay:)

Cheers Cheetahs!

Susan

Hi Cheetahs

I had a nice post written up yesterday and then our wireless router went goofy and my desk top will not hold an internet connection. This has been ongoing. We are going to get someone in to rectify the problem.

We made it to Boston and back today. DS is back at school for another semester. We are down to two teenagers at home but we always worry about them.

Cathy- did the MRI reveal any information that was new?

Wendy- You are funny planning for two half marathons! go Wendy! go Wendy!

Carole- You are probably right about the cortisone shot helping more than just your bug bite. How did PLB go? I have not doe it in ages!

Susan- OH, a kindergarten sweetie! I miss those days! We just brought kid #2 to Boston College for his Junior year! Gosh I must have bee a child bride, really! ... Hey 'Hi five' on the RUNNING success!

Jes- 'Hi five' to you too on your recent work out gains!

Gayle- Have fun camping!

Hi: Shelly and Christine and Elaine and Kristi and Marcia and want2bfitnessinstructor and Jackie

OK, P90X Experts: some of my OAL friends want to start a P990X rotation in September, and they have given my an outline to do it with Cathe DVD's I am considering it. However, if I minimize the legs can I still do three runs per week (and one kickbox) ? Which will be the best day to do a longer run?

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.