::: Cheetahs ::: Thursday, 12/21

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs-

Ugh--I fell asleep at 6 pm last night and slept right through until this morning! So no workout yesterday and it's probably not possible today, either. :( (I have a derm appt. after school followed by dinner plans.) I do feel a little bit better, though, so maybe rest is what I needed. Oh well, even a few workouts this week are better than none, I suppose.

Wendy :: I was nodding my head as I read your post from last night. I lost my uncle who was like a father to me when he was 55 (I was 21)...he was killed in a forklift accident at work...very sudden, very shocking, and I agree, harder to deal with than other family members (like my Oma who died at 67) who'd had a chance to live a full life. I really feel for you & I'm sorry you experienced such a loss so young. ((HUGS))

Hi to everyone else! I will get in here & say hello later even if I can't work out. The computer is my "unwind" time. Now, I have to go wrap up some small presents for the secretaries and the teachers on my team.

Have a good day, everyone! I'm bracing myself for revved up middle schoolers! :)
Cathy :)

hello cheery cheetahs!

today's workout will be a premix from butts & gutts not sure which one yet. i will decide in a few minutes.

well, i did get the job as a personal trainer at the gym!!! that's the good news, the bad is now we need to decide if and how to make it work with basically one less salary. because as a pt you only get paid when you train and of course you must first build your clientele. so i am thinking of maybe working a part time job and scheduling the gym around those hrs.
also, i had a phone interview yesterday for the associate fitness director position at the ymca. the director said she would call me back to schedule an interview!!!! ladies please pray hard for me :)

alrighty, well it's time to "get my game face on" so i am headed off to burn my legs and heiney:D

hello to all and i hope everyone has an awesome day!

Good Morning Ladies!

Sunny: HUGS KISSES JUMPING UP AND DOWN TOTALLY EXCITED AND SQUEALING FOR YOU!!!:+ :+ :+ That is soooo awesome! You have to be sooo pumped! You and DH will figure out how to make it work. I don't know what kind of hours that fitness director job is but maybe you can do both? Or, like you said...get a part time job and train around it until you build up enough clientel to soley do training! WOOH HOO! ^5's girlfriend! I'm going to go for it myself...at some point. Just not sure when! LOL :7

Cathy: Sorry I wrote to Sunny first-I usually write in order but I was just sooo excited for her!:p Thank you for your kind words. I am NOT going off on another depressing tangent today though. I PROMISE! Out to dinner AGAIN, girl? WOW! Your social life is booming! Even when I was a swingin' single I didn't have nearly the social calender that you have!:p I love going out to eat though. It's bad for the "battle with the bulge" but it's one of my fave things to do with friends.:) I'll bet this time of year is VERY interesting for you teaching kids that age! YIKES! LOL When are you leaving on your skiing trip?

Well, I have a long TM run on tap for today and then hopefully some extra stretching or Yoga X. I'm going to visit my mom today though not sure what time. She is off today so the day is wide open...I just have to decide. I have alot going on after today through Christmas so I need time to do housework before that. I am trying to figure out the best way to fit it all in today!

I'll be back a bit later!:)

Hey girls - how's it going??? :)

I am MUCH better today. I taught step class last night and worked hard. My class was just what I needed to get out of my slump.

Sunny - WTG, I'm so excited for you, and like Wendy said, you can make it work, somehow.

Wendy - I love those days that are wide open, make the time fun!

Cathy - don't worry about no workout, like you said, obviously you needed the rest and rest is so important for our bodies - enjoy the time off and give yourself a good workout when you get the time.

Today we are getting a mix of rain, freezing rain and snow. But, I don't think enough to cancel school, maybe two hours late, but who knows. It's the last day before Christmas vacation so DS is hoping that we are canceled to make the vacation longer. I could use a day and home to organize (one of my New Year's Resolutions) my Tastefully Simple stuff, but work today would be OK - lots of food and fun.

I have step class again tonight - I'm trying to come up with some good routines to throw at the girls so they don't forget me over the Christmas weekend. ;-)

Have a great day everyone - I'll be back later if I can.
Marcia.

I just had some time to go back and read yesterday's posts. THANK YOU all from the bottom of my heart for your well wishes. Like I said above I feel much better and ready to tackle the day.

Oh, and I just got a call, school is two hours late - YIPPEE...more time for me to play on here.;-)

Take care,
Marcia.

morning gals!

sunny- way to go!!! you be glad your doing it. I was after I convinced myself to do it. I just love teaching. you'll be great!!

jess- I have only shown a picture of me from my half marathon in may . I was crossing the finish line . I am only going to get a trim. I would love a new hair do but am a chicken to go for something drastic and really different. I have a skinny face so I feel like short hair doesnt look good on me. I like to hide behind my hair I guess. one of these days I will work up the courage to do something extreme. I have changed my hair before but always went back to the same style eventually.

wendy- I feel for ya girl. Friday the 22nd of december is when my little sister was taken from us in a tragic car accident. It has been many years ago but it doesnt seem that long ago to me. I think about her all the time. what would she be doing with her life right now,would she have children,would we still be close,etc... I do however feel she is my and my childrens guardian angel. both my boys could have died at birth and I felt she was there with me. I hope that doesnt sound corny, that is just how I felt and of course god was there also. i just tell myself she is in a better place .keep you chin up, your cheetah friends are here for you!

chat with ya later!

cathy-hope you are feeling better today.

marcia- I always feel better after teaching my class too. I work harder now that I am the teacher. I feel like I have too.

Hey Laura:

Any fun routines that your class loves that you wouldn't mind passing along to me? :) Sometimes I get lost for ideas.

Take care,
Marcia.

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

I’m BACK and raring to go! I had a wonderful time visiting sis and the family, but it’s nice to be back home. OMG!! I ATE like a cow and worked out once. It was a good one - 3 mile tempo run and a Body Pump Class, but it was not enough to out do the other damage! I’m going to slowly make my way through the posts, but I wanted to wave hello to everyone and do personals for everyone who posted this morning…

Cathy - I am SOOO sorry I did not even get a chance to read your message until this morning. My sis is one of those people who are on the go from the time she wakes up ‘til the time she goes to bed. I went shopping, to the Aquarium in Camden, NJ, and all over the place. Sorry I did not have time to even call you to say hello! And yes, anything is better than nothing. I know the feeling, by the way! We’ll be “slackers” together! And where are you going skiing? I know I’ll find out when I read through all of the posts, but, I thought I’d ask! I cannot ski to save my life. So, when the family goes, I snowshoe with the dogs- everyone is happy that way.

Sunny - Good news! Congrats on getting the personal trainer job!! I’m praying hard for you! I have a friend who is an Associate Fitness Director at the Y and loves it! I think you would be fabulous in that position! Have fun with the Bum Burning…

Marcia - Lovely weather - eh? I hope they cancel as I feel your need for a day to get organized! Have fun today whatever happens! Enjoy your step class!! I’d love you for a teacher.

Laura - I know our loved ones watch out for us. Everyone in my family has been visited by my mom in dreams. Even with incredible coincidences (my sister, who was not there when mom died, dreamt mom walked in the door to say hi two weeks after she died, and in her dream she was dressed exactly as she had been when she died - Wendy did not know what she was wearing). But a few weeks ago before my 3 year old niece’s dance recital, Molly (my 3yo niece) dreamt that “Mom-mom” visited and told her to have a great dance. There is no way Molly could imagine something like that. That really made us believe. So, yes, I absolutely believe your sister was there for you. And {{{HUGS}}} for tomorrow on the anniversary of her death. It is not easy.

Well, I got in at 11:00 PM last night and ended up going to bed at midnight. But, I’m feeling so fat and slothful that I am up and planning to do the Gauntlet Cardio Only Mish Mosh that AJock recommended. I have to work and go shopping today. I did a lot this past week, but was limited in what I could carry on the plane. I was with DD13 (she’ll be14 a week from today!! WTH? What happened to my baby?) so we got her shopping out of the way. And I got a few things for others. So, at least that is done! I’m going to make a list of everything else I need to get, then just bang that list out. We have our annual Christmas Eve party, too, so I have to have everything bought and wrapped by Saturday! Oh well, I love a good deadline.

PS- I have gotten LOT'S of Christmas cards! It was sooo wonderful to come home to a huge stack sitting on my desk. THANKS YOU LOVELY, WONDERFUL CHEETAHS!!!!

PPS - one more thing - saw your new avatar Laurie - I must say you are as gorgeous as I thought you were!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...has the RetinA Microgel been helping? I bet you did need rest. Honestly when times are so busy and we still try and workout that seems to be the time we tax our immune system and end up with a cold or just plan feel yukky! And you do want to be prepared for that ski trip by feeling great!!

Sunny...AWESOME on the PT job!!! I am so happy for you and yes you have my prayers for the Director of fitness interview !! I'll be burning with B&G too...:)

Wendy...enjoy your TM run today. I think the next few days before X-Mas will be quite busy for us...:)...Have a nice visit with your Mom...

Marcia...we are having some rain mixed with snow here. I am of course wishing for snow but probably we will just get rain. Enjoy teaching your step class tonight.

Laura...I know this time of year we do remember the ones we lost. Loosing loved ones so young is so very tragic. Nothing corny at all to think during tough times they are right there with you to help...:)

I am doing B&G and hopefully a long 60 min Elliptical workout. it stayed 27 yesterday while I ran. A neighbor on his motorcycle stopped by me as I was running and said "I love your dedication"...well, THAT made my day...:)

I'll go read the posts from yesterday and be back...:)

G'morning Cheetahs! Quick checkin from the sick house. I'm calling the Dr. about Kiersten. Poor girl is STILL running a temp this morning!! She's complaining of her tummy still (she has a sensitive tummy anyway, she's allergic to milk) and her ears. She's got the constant drippy nose & her poor nose is raw from blowing it!

Hannah woke me up & said she thought she threw up in her bed. NOT a great way to wake up. But, she had a bad bloody nose & it had dripped ALL over her pillow & new comforter!!! Oh well, it'll wash out. Then had to give her a bath & cleaned up. She's feeling better today though! So... I didn't get my workout done first thing, I'll do it later.

I plan on doing a cardio of some sort & GS Back & shoulders today.

OK, off to take Hannah to school, she's loaded down w/ bday cupcakes, gifts, etc. Then we'll be hanging out at the sick house again!!

I'll be back in a bit!

Barb...got your card too. Great picture of all of you...:)

Linda..aren't Ellipticals fun...:)...no it didn't warm up at all for my run yesterday, but at least in the rain today I will workout inside...:)

Shelly...I am so sorry about the bug you got! Nothing I hate worse than throwing up..I hope you are feeling much better today. And no, I don't want a TM. I have run for what 30 years....the weather can be irritating but a TM would drive me nuts because I love running outdoors. Besides I have the Elliptical for inside...:)

Elaine...I get a little bored in the 1st cardio segment in LIC, but the others are shorter. Sounds like you did great adding in some Elliptical. The thing is even when I eat the bad foods sometimes, I always stick to my good breakfasts, lunches and dinners. The bad foods are just an add on. Thanks...:)

Laurie...sounds like you had a nice lunch yesterday....we don't get cold like this very often. Today its warmer and raining.

Jess...great wokrout yesterday!

Cathy...it was really cold running yesterday, but I was happy I did it. I think I have said this before but if you get near a Heatlh Food store try some Colloidal Silver, it reall does help with colds.

Wendy..I did have a good workout yesterday despite the cold...You did loose your Dad young. Mine was 70 when he died. The memories do pop into your head this time of year. Even though they are gone, I sill laugh as I reflect on some of my Dad's antics. He was very funny...

Christine...WELCOME Back.....we missed you LOTS!!!! I am glad you had a good time....:)...:)

Hey Ladies, I'm just done my workout and getting ready for work. I did KickMax combos and blasts then the u/b tracks from a BodyPump workout. Christmas is definitely closing in on us, I still have too many things on the list but it'll get done, it's just the when that I'm not sure of.

Cathy, now that's a good long sleep!! The rest was well timed as I'm sure the kids are more than a little wrangey with excitement for Christmas!!

Sunny, that's great!!! I'm excited for you and saying my prayers that the interview happens and goes well for you!!

Wendy, fitting it all in is so hard at this point. My house was neat as a pin last weekend but it's pretty much a write off again!!

Marcia, hope the weather doesn't turn too ugly on ya! The kids are definitely getting antsey for their break, my 17 y.o. lobbied hard this morning to be excused from first period and I ended up caving like a tower of jell-o!

Laura (((hugs)))

Christine, welcome back!! Another busy Cheetah trying to fit it all in!! We CAN DO IT!!!!:7 Thanks for the compliment on my picture:)

Carole, glad your temps are coming up some, I can't believe my snow shovel still has dust on it!!! We've got another mild and sunny day here today!

I'm off to work ladies, chat later

Take Care
Laurie

Carole - Love the compliment!! Nasty weather on the way again. I was spoiled in Philly - it was a bit nippy, but no rain at all! Sounds like a great workout you have on tap today! I missed you lovely ladies too!

Jess - Poor Kiersten!! She’s in my thoughts and I’m sending healing vibes her way! Hope she feels better son!

Laurie - Of course we CAN DO IT!!! We Cheetahs can do ANYTHING!! :p

Did my workout (short though it was - I compromised between sleep and working out), and I’m off to get ready for work! Enjoy everyone!!

Well - it's official - school is closed! But, since school closed then aerobics is canceled because we have class in the school. x( :-( x( :-( That means, though, I have lots of time to figure something out at home for a good workout. Probably elliptical for a while anyway because I haven't had a chance to get out and run since the weekend, UGH! :eek: I'm thinking Cardio and Weights with some elliptical thrown in for good measure.

I am at work right now, just for a while, though to get some things done and then I'm off until Tuesday. Whew.....

I am trying to think of anything I need at the store so when I go home I can just stay there.

Have a great day everyone.
Marcia.

Good morning ladies,
Another quick check-in for me. Sorry to be so impersonal lately, but have had so much to do that I barely have time to sit and type and read all the posts. I am going to do a short premix of Butts and Gutts and Muscle Max upper body today. I have a pt appointment and I am room mom in my oldest daughters classroom, so I am working at the party today.

Carole, thank you for the lovely xmas card in the mail yesterday. I practically run to the mail everyday now:)

Christine, Welcome back. We MISSED ya!

Sunnydelite, that is so WONDERFUL about the new job. You will be building that clientle before you know it.

Jess, HUGS to you and your little sickies. I hope your household gets well soon.

That is all I have time for. I will try to get back later. Have a great day friends.

Susan

Good morning! I ended up doing MM and 40 minutes on my elliptical yesterday. I think today for my exercise the kids and I will just take a walk down to the beach. They always love that and I like to see them get the exercise that is sorely lacking these days since kids can no longer just go outside and play without strict adult supervision. Tomorrow I'll be putting those 8 to 10 miles behind me once and for all so taking it easy with a walk today will be good.

Cathy and Wendy, I was nodding my head with understanding too. My dad died in his 60's and while I was sad about that he at least had taken early retirement and had some really good years living in Germany with his wife who was a school teacher for DOD. My brother, on the other hand, was only 49 years old. That's the thing that makes it so very difficult to not be sad about him no longer being here.

Cathy, You must have needed the sleep so I wouldn't worry about missing your workout. It just might have pushed you over the edge bringing on whatever illness your body was trying to fight off. Good luck with your hyped up students! Still don't know how you do it day in and day out!

Wendy, No movie yesterday. Maybe today or tomorrow. DD also wants to see Night At The Museum but I think I'll let DH take them to see that one. I have very little patience for the bad Hollywood movies that seem to be the rule rather than the exception. I'm picky so even when reviews say a movie is good I usually do not agree. So what is your final verdict on YogaX? Like it, love it or just tolerate it?

Sunny, Oh! I didn't realize that the PT job will replace what you are currently doing. Now that is even more exciting. The prayers are going up as I type!

Marcia, Rain, freezing rain and snow??:eek: I think home is just where I'd want to be!

Laura, So sorry about little sister! There is nothing corny at all about your special guardian angel.

Christine, Welcome home! That seemed like a quick trip. Man, you really are down to the wire as far as Christmas shopping goes! Having a list is helpful though. I hate it when a gift must be bought right now and I am clueless about what it should be.

Jess, Poor thing! You just can't seem to get a break from the sickness and stuff. While a mess from a bad bloody nose is not fun it is at least better than a mess from throwing up!

Carole, I just love it when I am heading out for a long 18 to 20 mile run just as the sun is coming up and people who see me acknowledge how out of the ordinary what I am doing is. B&G is on my list of workouts to do real soon. I think I'll do it next week since I won't be able to run hardly at all then. I just know the DOMS are going to be bad with that one!

Laurie, Sounds like you are busy! I've got Christmas done except for some wrapping that I will do this weekend when DH gets these kids out of my hair for a bit.

Susan, When are you leaving to visit your mother?

Talk to you all later.

hello again,

just poppin' in to say a heartfelt thanks to all you ladies.:D :D :D

i decided on the standing glutes and abs timesaver and i have DOMS already}(

christine-welcome back!!! you were missed.

elaine- yes the pt will replace the current (somehow) there is just no way i could do both of them with two little ones;)

Hi Ladies.

I'm posting from my mom's house. DS is napping and mom just went out to the store...

Marcia: That's right, I forgot about Tastefully Simple. How is that working out for you?

Laura: That's so sad about your sister. I'm sorry that happened to you and your family.

Christine: Glad you had a fun visit with my namesake!;)

Carole: You deserve the praise your neighbor gave you. You are definately a dedicated runner!

Jess: So what cardio did you finally decide on?

Laurie: Hope you had a pleasant time at work. Will you be working out today?

Susan: B&G and MM premixes back to back? WOW! Sounds like a good combo! I'll have to try it some time!}(

Sunny: Be sure to keep us posted on the job situation. I am eagerly awaiting all of the news. I sooo want to certify but I am afraid. I am hoping hearing about your experiences will give me the push that I need.

Elaine: Your brother was very young when he died. It really does have an impact on how you feel about the death IMO. My FIL's girlfriend's son had pancreatic cancer and died while I was pregnant with Joey. He was only about 40 years old. It was a very tough funeral to go to. I never met the guy or had even seen a pic of him up until that point but it didn't matter. The circumstances made it very difficult.:-(
I am very picky about movies too...USUALLY. I mean, I am the one who loves the corniest movie of all time-DROP DEAD FRED!!! LMAO!:7

Well, I gave it my best shot at the gym today and kicked out 5.91 miles on the TM in 60 mins so I'm ALMOST to that 6 mile mark!!!!:+ It was a tough run. Very fast for me. I took several 1 minute walking breaks cause I needed the breathers. I was up and down with my speeds for the entire hour because I don't think I could kick out a straight hour of 10 min miles w/o a break. The next time I run with my friend in the park we are going to shoot for 6 miles so long as we have the time for it...It will take longer than 60 mins though. :p

Okay, well I'm gonna go peruse the forums...I'll be back later!:)

Hello Cheetahs.

Sorry to be such a lurker. By the time I read all the posts I'm out of time. :0 (I think I'm a slow reader as well as a slow runner.)

Today was B&G legs premix. I'm doing the Cathe Dec. rotation with running for my cardio days.

Sunny, Way to go! I wish I could take your class.

Jess. I'm sorry about your girls being so sick. I hope for a quick recovery for them and good health for you!

Laura, Elaine, Wendy and Cathy,my heart goes out to you all. I still miss my Dad but he did live to be 83.

We just got lots of icy, wet snow and should be getting more. Tomorrow is a run day for me and I love running in the softness and beauty of a fresh snow fall.(As long as there's no ice underneath, falling can be humbling). Marcia, I think we just got your weather.

Today I was room Mom for my 9 year old's class. They had a Read In. Room Parents provided snacks and cider and and the kids had their pillows, blankets, sleeping bags and tons of books. They were all so good. Reading and snacking while the snow came down.

Have a great night.

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.